Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini.

+11
Curtinho
Helmer
Nishankly
iftikhar
RedOranje
Red Alert
stevieg8
McAgger
Art Morte
danyjr
Arquitecto
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. - Page 4 Empty Re: Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini.

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:15 pm

Unless we sign a creative player, he's going to flop.

He has very smart movement, but with Suarez gone, we don't have too much quality in the final third in terms of delivery and what not. Coutinho is our only hope here, but considering he's somewhat inconsistent already (he's still young so can't blame him), and he'll get closed down a lot more with Suarez gone, I think Fabio will be in trouble.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. - Page 4 Empty Re: Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini.

Post by iftikhar Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:18 pm

#1. is Bony/Remy much/any better than Borini!!!
#2. do you think Borini, Markovic, Coutinho, Raheem can fill the Suarez void!!!
#3. do you think Borini deserves a chance or have he failed to live up to the expectations!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:53 pm

It looks like we're going to sign at least one more striker behind whom Borini would be. Lambert might, too, be ahead of him. In early June I thought Borini would be an OK 3rd choice striker, but now I'm not sure if that's going to be the case and I wouldn't be surprised at all if we sold / loaned him before the window closes.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:27 am

Borini can also operate effectively as a wide forward though, so he'd not only be in the depth charts for the CF role but also an option for the wider roles. Last summer the exact same thing was said... "Borini should be loaned because he won't get chances with us" and as we saw when Sturridge got injured we could certainly have used another player available for the forward roles. IF he impresses with his effort and performances in preseason, he will get a chance this season. Rodgers has already made that much clear.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:45 pm

Do you think Borini can turn his career around, like Henderson did after being on verge of being sold last year! Or do you think he will become another Babel!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:56 pm

Was Henderson really on the verge of being sold? hmm
That's a scary thought.

Anyway, Borini seems like a good lad with passion, so saying this about such a player never feels that great, but if we can get £14m for him, I'd want to sell him.

If he stays a Liverpool player this season, I don't see much use for him, hopefully some, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:07 pm

Rodgers had offers for Henderson, and Rodgers asked Henderson if he wanted to stay or go. Henderson wanted to stay and prove himself...we all see now how that has turned out. If Borini wants to stay and try to do the same then all the power to him.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Fabio is sadly just not good enough. He will never play ST for us EVER. He just doesn't have the quality or physical aspects for it. Even his finishing is pretty meh. Amazing movement that leads to pretty shitty productivity return. He'll be used as a wide forward and he's not good as a wide forward. He's 23 now, Hendo was 22 when Rodgers wanted to sell him but it was because BR had just came in (beginning of 2012-13) and never really worked with Hendo at that time. Rodgers has worked with Borini plenty and he doesn't believe he's good enough to make it.

I hope he leaves and you all know how big of a fan of this kid I am.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:44 pm

Far too early to rule him out in such fashion. Borini struggled well into a series of injuries within LFC to which could not afford him a string of games to build a platform to which he could perform upon. Just like this section's baffling criticism of Aspas despite the Spaniard being played out of position and 90% from the bench; both parties are ruled out in an unfair position. Borini especially considering his age and the fact that when given confidence and a successive string of games, he DOES perform as witnessed by his important performances for Sunderland last season.

If we can deploy him in a role to which familiarity will he on his side, he will succeed as the nether option is deployment on a role of versatility. You cannot let go of an ambidextrous forward with off the charts footballing IQ due to him not being afforded a proper chance to play. Rodgers has consistently spoken of what Fabio can produce and I concur myself. Standing firm by it.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:56 pm

Arq, but the problem is when there are other players in the squad who are ahead if him in the pecking order, we do not have possibility to do 'rise in confidence and strings of games'. If there are other players who are already performing, i doubt he will get so many chances to grow his confidence and whatever.

We coul

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:07 am

Arquitescu wrote:Far too early to rule him out in such fashion. Borini struggled well into a series of injuries within LFC to which could not afford him a string of games to build a platform to which he could perform upon. Just like this section's baffling criticism of Aspas despite the Spaniard being played out of position and 90% from the bench; both parties are ruled out in an unfair position. Borini especially considering his age and the fact that when given confidence and a successive string of games, he DOES perform as witnessed by his important performances for Sunderland last season.

If we can deploy him in a role to which familiarity will he on his side, he will succeed as the nether option is deployment on a role of versatility. You cannot let go of an ambidextrous forward with off the charts footballing IQ due to him not being afforded a proper chance to play. Rodgers has consistently spoken of what Fabio can produce and I concur myself. Standing firm by it.

You need to post more Arq. hmm

Don't think he'll make it here though. He needs the right service to succeed, and I don't think we have that here.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:26 am

STEP UP LAD THE TIME IS NOW :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:43 am

Still won't play. Lallana, Markovic, or Coutinho will come in for Sturridge.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:44 am

If Rodgers opts to continue with the diamond there's a good chance that we'll see Balotelli and Lambert up top together, and it would be very nice to have a proper striker on the bench as an option... meaning Borini could still very well see time.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:59 pm

Quite confident we'll continue playing a 4312 with Borini playing next to Mario...

Lambert should only really come off the bench...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:20 pm

We might see him against Ludogorets or Middlesbrough in the cups, but I don't think he'll appear in our PL games in September, certainly don't think he'll start.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:45 pm

yeah I think he will get few sub appearances and if Borini is really so determined, he should make damn sure that he should use this as the brightest opportunity to put his Liverpool career back on track.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:24 am

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. - Page 4 2276801876 :facepalm:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:48 am

I clearly shouldn't have said anything about Ifty's use of emoticons Neutral
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:24 am

Did something happen with Borini?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:31 am

Not that I know, I suppose Ifty was just expressing his disappointment in the guy, but he's late to the party...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:35 am

He was at Camp Nou tonight.

clearly signing for Barca as they loan us back Suarez.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:20 am

Art Morte wrote:Not that I know, I suppose Ifty was just expressing his disappointment in the guy, but he's late to the party...
cheers Thumbs up

He was at Camp Nou tonight.

clearly signing for Barca as they loan us back Suarez.
Suspect scratch
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:07 am

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. - Page 4 B7F5F_NCMAACUEU
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:16 am

which team it can be hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:51 am

Suarez gave him tickets Sad

Also....

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. - Page 4 WYWSJQE

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next