Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini.

+11
Curtinho
Helmer
Nishankly
iftikhar
RedOranje
Red Alert
stevieg8
McAgger
Art Morte
danyjr
Arquitecto
15 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. Empty Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini.

Post by Arquitecto Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:56 pm

The 21-year-old has been blighted by injuries in his debut Anfield season and now looks set to miss the remainder of the campaign following a collision with Kyle Bartley

Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that Fabio Borini will miss the remainder of the season after the forward dislocated his shoulder in Liverpool's 5-0 win over Swansea on Sunday afternoon.

The Italian forward had only been on the pitch for eight minutes before colliding with Swans centre-back Kyle Bartley in a sliding challenge. The 21-year-old immediately let out a scream of pain as Bartley slid over his left arm, leaving Borini to trudge off down the tunnel at Anfield.

Rodgers told reporters after the game: "He will probably be out for the season, it looks like he’s dislocated his shoulder.

"It’s unfortunate because it’s the other shoulder, he had the same injury at Chelsea. It looks like, early stages, that that’s the diagnosis."

The incident was the only sour point in a dominant and impressive Reds victory over a weakened Michael Laudrup side, who have one eye on their Capital One Cup final next weekend.

Borini has been plagued by injuries since joining Liverpool from Roma in the summer and spent three months on the sidelines with a broken foot earlier in the campaign.

He made his return to first-team action at Old Trafford on January 6th but now looks set for a further spell in the treatment room.

A first half penalty from Steven Gerrard set the tone for the Reds, before Phillipe Coutinho marked his full Liverpool debut with a goal immediately after half-time.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Suffers a broken foot, has the unluckiest of goals stolen away from him and now with a dislocated shoulder (which had him screaming in pain) to end the season of one of our unluckiest of players.

I  cannot believe how disheartened I am about this as I wanted him to find success and win the hearts of the Anfield faithful. Knowing him with his excellent mentality and work-ethic, he will be back stronger than ever. I will him dearly this season.

Last edited by Arquitescu on Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. Empty Re: Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini.

Post by danyjr Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Feel sorry for him. He's been truly unlucky this season.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. Empty Re: Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini.

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:53 pm

Unlucky on him, but I'd be lying if I said I felt we are going to miss him this season. Hopefully he'll have a good pre-season and is "like a new signing" in August.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:53 pm

He looked so pleased to have come too and seemed like he was enjoying himself a minute before dislocating his shoulder. So sad, poor young lad, hopefully he can come back stronger next season.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:00 am

How does a shoulder dislocation warrant being out for that long?
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:42 am

It's not 100% that he'll miss the whole season. It's just early diagnosis which looks pretty bad. They'll do more tests. It all depends on whether hes damaged muscles or ligaments around the joint. Not all shoulder dislocations are the same like they show in movies where they just pop it back in place Razz
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:28 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:It's not 100% that he'll miss the whole season. It's just early diagnosis which looks pretty bad. They'll do more tests. It all depends on whether hes damaged muscles or ligaments around the joint. Not all shoulder dislocations are the same like they show in movies where they just pop it back in place Razz

Usually they'd mention the extra complications, though. I've dislocated both shoulders several times (it gets easier after the first one), and the vast majority of dislocations ARE straightforward like that. If there's a complication, I would assume we'd have heard of it.

Maybe that's where I'm offbase, though.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Rodgers just confirmed in his press conference.

BORINI had a successful shoulder operation. (Like I said from the pain it didn't look like just the usual shoulder dislocation.)

Rodgers said he'll be out 6-8 weeks.

So he's not necessarily out for the season. He'll be back in April.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:19 pm

Here's the link
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/skrtel-set-to-miss-zenit-clash
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:41 am

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. Copy_of_bdzmcgrccaefki6

Successful surgery Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:53 am

*bleep* hell. The injury looked bad but surely they didn't need to amputate his arm. affraid
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:22 am

Very Happy
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:17 am

ALREADY BACK IN TRAINING :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. 167146715ap028_liverpool_fc
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:03 am

Nice, maybe we'll see him on the bench in May.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:17 pm

More Awesome News!! Kelly was out training with the lads as well

He's in the background
Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. 422000_10151688011927573_552466551_n
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:03 am

They're both on light training I believe. Don't think we'll rush either back - there's no need too. The seasons essentially over.*

*It may be over, but I'm really hoping we don't give up. We really ought to finish as strong as possible.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:27 am

Everton lost today. If we beat Chelsea tomorrow, then the Merseyside derby could decide who gets 6th spot. Mind you we are way ahead of Everton on goal difference, so finishing on level points wouldn't be such a bad thing.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:21 pm

We might rush Borini back as Luis' season could be over.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:45 am

Doubt it.

Sturridge will play uptop with Downing continuing to find game time...

Suso potentially off the bench. There's no need to rush Borini back. There's nothing to play for. We can't play in Europe. We can't get relgated. We can't win any trophies this season. Might as well just let him get back to full fitness and ready for a massive 2013/14 campagin.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:15 am

Well his injury was just a dislocated shoulder. It wasn't anything from the waist down, so we won't really have to be worried about him re-injuring it. Especially since it was a freak injury that happens once in a thousand.

I'm almost 99% sure we'll see him feature somewhere in the next 4 matches.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:21 am

There's no reason though.

Shoulder or not - he's had two injuries that have kept him out for a good 7-8 months. He's suffered more mentally than physically this season.

But to be totally honest, I don't see the need to rush him back.

I'd rather see the likes of Ibe or Morgan. They'll hardly get first team football next season and have exciting futures infront of them.

I have full faith that Borini will perform next season. I don't see the need to play him when our players will probably only turn up for one more game this season, Carraghers last game for the club.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:34 am

Don't forget the Merseyside derby :coffee:

There could be a million reasons to play him; form, suspension, red card to Sturridge. The biggest one we want to finish above Everton, and it's very possible as we still play them at home and they have to play Chelsea as well. If Sturridge was to get injured or have a shite game, then it would be nice to have Borini on the bench to replace him than a teenager.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:38 am

Forgot about the Everton game.... awkward bunny.

I don't know. Maybe it's just me. I just don't see the need for him to play this season, is all.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:42 am

I wouldn't want him to play if the injury was anything below the waist. Since it was just a dislocated shoulder, I really don't see why we couldn't play him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:44 am

Again, it's more mental than physical for me.

And again, it's only my opinion. lol

It's not like my opinion will see him bench anyway. :p
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next