Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini.

+11
Curtinho
Helmer
Nishankly
iftikhar
RedOranje
Red Alert
stevieg8
McAgger
Art Morte
danyjr
Arquitecto
15 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. - Page 3 Empty Re: Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini.

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:52 am

Red Alert wrote:Not too mention the service he gets is terrible. He pretty much just chases long balls every time I see him play.

Coutinho and Suarez vision and execution of a pass would be the world of good for Fabio.  

People underestimate what his movement, intelligence and ability to shoot from many angles can produce since he doesn't have limits on any segment of the field. Sunderland are made for players who would thrive upon crosses yet it does not cater to players who need consistent touches and late runs to anticipate as I'm surprised he's doing well in Poyet's system...despite the manager creating a very effective Sunderland.

Within Rodger's system and the dexterity of how it moves, Borini will be allocated a consistent channel of balls to which he can test his shooting mettle upon.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. - Page 3 Empty Re: Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini.

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:56 am

We're going to have a very MOBILE final third next season.

Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling, Borini as well as hopeful new signings... I can't wait. Very Happy

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:37 am

@Art before we compare the his stats, we must take into account what kind of footbally Sunderland play, how many chances they create and how many out of those chances fall to Borini, also the quality of chances so we better wait and give the lad a chance before people like EE write him off, fffs

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:36 pm

I'm not writing him off and am all for giving him a chance at Liverpool next season, I just think some of you are getting a bit too excited about him.

If he can be to us what Schurrle is to Chelsea or Defoe was to Tottenham, great, but I don't think he's going to be what Hernandez has been to United, to put it that way.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Fabio Borini: 26 games-1496 mins- six goals- three assists
Raheem Sterling: 27 games-1786 mins -six goals- seven assists
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:37 pm

Please don't compare Borini to Müller, that's just unfair on the lad as no player has the unique talents that Müller seems to to fill such a role (or roles) so effectively.

I'm not sure about the Kuyt comparisons either, to be honest. Borini's style and strengths lend him to a different role, IMO. As does our current manager.

Kuyt may not have been prolific with Liverpool but in the seasons before arriving at Anfield he had:
05/06 - 22 goals, 19 assists in 32 matches
04/05 - 29 goals, 13 assists in 34 matches
03/04 - 20 goals, 11 assists in 34 matches
02/03 - 20 goals, 06 assists in 34 matches

That's a fairly consistent and impressive return. I think it's fair to say he was brought in to be our key striker and while his first season's return of 12 goals in the PL was solid, it wasn't quite up to what Rafa wanted so Kuyt was shifted into his now cult-legend role on the wing.

I don't think we'll see Borini in such a role specifically because we no longer utilise a formation or tactics that require such a role. However, I do think Borini will end up being a rotation player across the front line who chips in with 8 to 15 goals per season (at least that's my hope) and that's the type of contribution from depth that can push a side into real trophy competition. Morte's probably right in that Borini's goals-to-minutes ratio will never stack up to Chicharito's but then his overall contribution I think can and will far outweigh that. Borini will be an option if we need a goal and likewise provide a realistic option if we need someone to come on and help lock a game down with pressing and harrying and a defensive shift from the front. Unfortunately for Borini, this may mean that he never quite reaches the statistical height that he could elsewhere and never receives the recognition that comes with that, but if he's happy to be a contributor to a successful side then it's a role that could suit him perfectly.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:53 pm

looks like the most romantic poster of LFC section is back here cheers

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:03 am

RedOranje wrote:Please don't compare Borini to Müller, that's just unfair on the lad as no player has the unique talents that Müller seems to to fill such a role (or roles) so effectively.

I'm not sure about the Kuyt comparisons either, to be honest.  Borini's style and strengths lend him to a different role, IMO. As does our current manager.

Kuyt may not have been prolific with Liverpool but in the seasons before arriving at Anfield he had:
05/06 - 22 goals, 19 assists in 32 matches
04/05 - 29 goals, 13 assists in 34 matches
03/04 - 20 goals, 11 assists in 34 matches
02/03 - 20 goals, 06 assists in 34 matches

That's a fairly consistent and impressive return.  I think it's fair to say he was brought in to be our key striker and while his first season's return of 12 goals in the PL was solid, it wasn't quite up to what Rafa wanted so Kuyt was shifted into his now cult-legend role on the wing.

I don't think we'll see Borini in such a role specifically because we no longer utilise a formation or tactics that require such a role.  However, I do think Borini will end up being a rotation player across the front line who chips in with 8 to 15 goals per season (at least that's my hope) and that's the type of contribution from depth that can push a side into real trophy competition.  Morte's probably right in that Borini's goals-to-minutes ratio will never stack up to Chicharito's but then his overall contribution I think can and will far outweigh that.  Borini will be an option if we need a goal and likewise provide a realistic option if we need someone to come on and help lock a game down with pressing and harrying and a defensive shift from the front.  Unfortunately for Borini, this may mean that he never quite reaches the statistical height that he could elsewhere and never receives the recognition that comes with that, but if he's happy to be a contributor to a successful side then it's a role that could suit him perfectly.

My Muller comparison wasn't exactly comparing him to Thomas; like I said in the other post I wasn't comparing quality between the two. Borini is half the player as of right now. And half isn't really an exaggeration. I mean no disrespect to Borini, but Muller is world class.

It was just more of the fact that these two players lack the "technique" so they're not exactly the flashiest players (football "fans" don't like when players aren't flashy) but yet continuously just do their role week in, week out through their determination and attitude, that's all I meant. Thumbs up

As for Kuyt comparison, I still think they're valid albeit we do play a different style.

Let's not forget Rodgers rates Borini highly (or he never would of signed him as his first signing), but Borini DOES have talent.

Kuyt was a defensive "forward" that was was just simply an engine on the wing (as well as support Torres); Borini's work rate is up there with Dirk's and he does help out defensively (something Rodgers wants/likes from all of his players) too. On top of that, Borini's pace, movement and positioning is superior imo. I also think Borini can hype up and be the "big game" player like Kuyt was. He hasn't played much, but he's scored in two Tyneside derby's, the League cup final, and I still can't get over the fact that he spurred the fans on at Anfield against City last season. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:38 am

What Suarez, Sturridge, Raheem, Henderson, Rodgers couldn't do, Borini have done on his own; brought RO back.  cheers It's like a new signing.  bounce 

One thing that excites me is how players, not just the likes of Raheem or Henderson but event the likes of Suarez, have blossomed; both tactically & psychologically under Rodgers.

Keeping that in mind I think Borini will evolve according to his new role, both on & off the field and become a great players. May be no Suarez-Great but perhaps Kuyt-Great, but great nevertheless.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:49 am

Two years ago, not long after winning his first cap for Italy, Fabio Borini sat down for an interview with Sportweek magazine. Still a few days shy of his 21st birthday, the forward already seemed well on his way to great things. Since joining Roma from Parma the previous summer, he had established himself as a fixture of Luis Enrique’s starting XI and now had also captured the attention of national team manager Cesare Prandelli.

And yet there was nothing presumptuous about this softly-spoken kid, who chewed nervously on the laces that hung from the neck of his hoodie. Asked by his interviewer when he might feel as though he had truly arrived as a top-level footballer, Borini replied: “When I win something, playing the role of a protagonist [for my team]. And I will not want to stop after that.”
On Sunday, Borini got as close as he has ever been. Named as Sunderland’s lone striker for their Capital One Cup final against Manchester City, the Italian opened the scoring after just 10 minutes with a wonderfully-taken goal, holding off Vincent Kompany before drilling an outside-of-the boot finish across Costel Pantilimon and into the far corner of the net.

The Black Cats’ lead would hold until the 55th minute, when Yaya Touré equalised with a spectacular long-range effort. Moments later, City were ahead, Samir Nasri converting Aleksandar Kolarov’s cross from the left. Sunderland could not recover. Instead they gave up a third goal to Jesus Navas as time was about to expire. City, 3-1 winners, walked off with the cup.

Borini was left to lament missed opportunities, and especially the one that he had shortly before half-time. With his team still leading 1-0, the striker had once again slipped in behind the City defence, only for Kompany to make a fine recovering challenge.

“I could have scored the second one,” lamented Borini. “I was waiting for the keeper and defender to make a decision, but they worked well together and he made a good tackle to get me before I got to the ball.”

Few Sunderland fans would begrudge him the effort. Borini had interpreted his role in Gus Poyet’s side perfectly, dropping deep to deny City’s defenders their usual points of reference before utilising his speed to race in behind them down the channels. He was tireless in his off-the-ball running, and took one of the only two real chances to that fell to him.

In fact, this was precisely the sort of performance that had earned Borini his Italy cap back in 2012. And also the sort that we have not seen very often from him since. If the striker had been able to show such qualities on any consistent basis over the last two years, then perhaps we would not still be waiting to see him make his second appearance for the national team.

Which is not to say that Borini has necessarily let himself down. The last 24 months have been challenging at times for reasons beyond his control. A wild-card inclusion in Italy’s Euro 2012 squad, Borini never got a game in the tournament but nevertheless landed a €13.3m move to Liverpool. It looked like the perfect fit: his manager would be Brendan Rodgers, whose Swansea side he had helped fire to promotion from the Championship in 2011.

But Borini’s first season at Anfield would be derailed by injuries. He fractured a bone in his foot in October, then dislocated his shoulder upon his return. In total, he would undergo three operations over the course of the 2012-13 campaign and make just 13 league appearances.

The player’s loan move to Sunderland this season was supposed to be a chance to start afresh. “At Liverpool when I was sitting on the bench every game, my aim was to come here and prove what I can do and (have an) impact on games,” explained Borini in an interview with north-east newspaper The Journal last month.

But life at the Stadium of Light got off to a slow start. The season began with much excited talk of an Italian revolution under Paolo Di Canio, but Borini had made just two appearances by the time that the manager was sacked in late September. He did not make any under the interim coach Kevin Ball.

It was only after the appointment of Gus Poyet in October that things began to change. “He is a direct man, a candid man, I admire him,” Borini told Corriere dello Sport. “At the beginning he called me into his office and said ‘you are talented, you train well, but you are not playing. I don’t know why. That’s how it is. You just keep working.’ I paid heed to those words and I won my place in the team, taking great satisfaction along the way.”

But while Borini had indeed won a place in the side, he was almost never being used in his preferred position. Poyet’s 4-3-3 and 4-1-4-1 formations only left room for a single central striker, and that role most often went to Jozy Altidore or Steven Fletcher. Borini was obliged to play out on the left as a wide forward or winger.

It was a position he had played many times before in his career, with both Parma and Roma. But it is not the role in which he feels most comfortable. Borini has always believed himself to be a natural ‘prima punta’ – a central striker who leads the line. He has never demanded that any manager put him in that position, stating often that he is adaptable and his first aim is to help his team, but when asked where he feels most comfortable, it has always been closest to goal.

In England, that idea has been met with a great deal of skepticism. How could a skinny lad like that possibly survive the physicality and aggression of Premier League centre-backs? Perhaps Borini went some way to answering that question on Sunday. The ease with which he held off Kompany on his goal was something to behold.

The coaches who fostered Borini’s development as a kid in Bologna’s youth team cannot have been all that surprised. Back then the player was so far ahead of the curve that he would train with boys four years his senior. “They pulled strange faces,” he says of his opponents’ reactions to seeing him line up against them. “Especially during games, when I slipped through their legs with the ball.”

If those years toughened Borini up, then they also taught him that you do not need to match fire with fire. That bruising centre-back cannot hurt you if he cannot catch you. As a teenager, the forward’s pace and work-rate earned him the nickname ‘Nascar’ among his Italian colleagues. More than once on Sunday, Martin Demichelis was made to look more like an articulated vehicle trailing in his wake.

Borini might not be the conventional lone striker who will hold up the ball and draw others into play, but for a coach who is prepared to open up his thinking, the Italian offers fascinating alternative possibilities. In England it is too often assumed that there is only one way for teams – and especially those struggling in the bottom half of the table – to approach a game. Elsewhere in Europe, a far wider range of tactical approaches is applied.

Poyet took a gamble by starting Borini Sunday and, even in defeat, was vindicated in his choice. It will be fascinating to see what the manager does next. Borini had previously scored just five goals for Sunderland in all competitions – although he has saved his best for the big occasions, with strikes against both Manchester clubs, Chelsea, plus Newcastle (twice!) included in that mix.

His finish against City reminded us of quite how ruthless a finisher he can be. In Italy Borini was never thought of as an especially technically gifted player, but drew comparisons with Pippo Inzaghi for his efficiency in front of goal. It is in Sunderland’s interests to put him in position to do what he does best. And quite possibly in those of Italy and Liverpool as well.

http://blogs.thescore.com/counterattack/2014/03/04/bandini-borini-making-good-on-early-promise/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Got engaged this week, to a Liverpool girl cheers She's quite a catch I tell ya

Robin Hood || Fabio 'The Dagger Thief' Borini. - Page 3 Bprwo7MCEAAWvvU
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:27 pm

She must have lost weight  hmm . The ring looks loose  Suspect .
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:40 pm

The weight of that diamond keeps it jammed on her finger :coffee:

She's taller than him, though hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:46 pm

Art Morte wrote:The weight of that diamond keeps it jammed on her finger :coffee:

So what?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:27 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Art Morte wrote:The weight of that diamond keeps it jammed on her finger :coffee:

So what?

Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:02 pm

I just naturally think that ideally the man would be taller or as tall.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:05 pm

She may be wearing high heels. Can't tell from that picture. She's a model apparently. Heil, Ifthi, Fahim lads get us some photos in this thread, eh  tongue
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:31 pm

I don't understand why height should matter at all unless it makes some activities physically impossible.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:41 pm

We all have our preferences.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:43 pm

Yes, and when they're used to judge or pushed onto others I believe they're called "prejudices."
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:54 pm

Spoiler:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2652934/Fabio-Borini-scores-Liverpool-striker-asks-model-girlfriend-Erin-ONeill-marry-New-York.html

read the story boys...this guy has some skill, already proved himself off the pitch hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:02 pm

what is this thing 'Proposing in Times Square' hmm
whats so special there !!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Is someone seriously getting upset because someone pointed out that his fiancé is taller than him? Then calling this a prejudice?  :brickwall:

Congrats to Borini...hope he stays and enjoys a fruitful career here in Liverpool and in his marriage.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:05 pm

frrack I just saw that they have a very similar nose, can that be the reason that they fell for each other

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:07 am

Time to step up for Fabio. If he doesn't prove his worth this season, unfortunately think we'll be cashing in.

It's the best chance he'll ever get. If we get a shitty replacement for Suarez who ends up being a back up to Studger. And Daniel boy being so injury prone, Borini might find himself in the spotlight.

You all know I had high hopes for him when we got him, so let's hope he pays them off.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:15 am

Unless we sign a creative player, he's going to flop.

He has very smart movement, but with Suarez gone, we don't have too much quality in the final third in terms of delivery and what not. Coutinho is our only hope here, but considering he's somewhat inconsistent already (he's still young so can't blame him), and he'll get closed down a lot more with Suarez gone, I think Fabio will be in trouble.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next