Great Leader Sprucenuce
EL Patron
S
77 posters

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Go down

Daily Transfer Rumors thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Daily Transfer Rumors thread

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:30 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Fiorentina sporting director Daniele Prade admits that La Viola are looking for a prolific goalscorer to sign in the summer and are keen on Liverpool’s Fabio Borini.

Prade however believes that the Reds will not be willing to sell the former Roma hitman, despite his unlucky season on the injury front at Anfield.

Liverpool snapped up Borini from Roma last summer, but he missed much of the first half of the campaign with a broken bone in his foot, while he picked up a dislocated shoulder against Swansea at the weekend, which should rule him out for the remainder of the season.

The 21-year-old might have been restricted to just five starts in the Premier League this season, but Fiorentina are still convinced of his quality.

"We are looking for a striker with a hunger to score in his DNA", explained Prade to Radio Toscana.

"A player who lives to score goals.

"We like Fabio Borini, but it is hard to imagine that Liverpool will let him go."

Liverpool signed Borini to a long-term deal running until 2017 when he arrived from Roma and would surely need to be made a substantial offer for the Italian to decide to cash in.

It also remains to be seen whether Borini would be open to joining La Viola.

No way we'll sell Borini. Rodgers absolutely adores the guy. Especially not for cheaper than we got him. However; this could be the perfect opportunity to inquire about Jovetic and workout some sort of exchange with Borini, Flanagan loan (whom they also want), and some 10-12m.

The harder part might prove to be convincing Jovetic to come here, although he was ready to sign for us in 2009.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:37 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:No way we'll sell Borini. Rodgers absolutely adores the guy. Especially not for cheaper than we got him. However; this could be the perfect opportunity to inquire about Jovetic and workout some sort of exchange with Borini, Flanagan loan (whom they also want), and some 10-12m.

:facepalm:

Pls go.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Borini aint cheap brother. He cost us more than 10m pounds, we're certaily not going to undervalue him. And I am basing that price on Viola being content with around 30m euros for JoJo
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Thats not how it works.They would want as much cash for him as possible.If you are going to insert makeweights it has to be a substantial cash offer + the player ,for example i'm looking at something like 18-20m + Borini.They wouldnt be looking at Borini's market value while negotiating deals.Monetary aspect is very important here.

I dont even think they're going to accept makeweights in the first place tbh and if they do they're definitely not letting him go for cheap like the ridiculous fee you mentioned.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Chelsea and Manchester United have both made moves for Hamburg’s promising forward Son Heung-Min, his agent has claimed.

Son has made superb progress at Hamburg this season and the 20-year-old has attracted much attention, especially from England, while Italian giants Inter have been credited with holding an interest.

Hamburg are keen to keep the South Korean, although the club’s sporting director Frank Arnesen recently admitted that there is a level of bid which, if reached, would cause the Bundesliga side to cash in.

And that could happen, with Son’s agent Thies Bliemeister explaining offers are on the table already from Chelsea and Manchester United.

"Inter have seen a few of his games, but so far I have not had contact with Italian clubs", he explained to Interlive.

"A summer transfer? He has penned a new contract with Hamburg and extended by a year.

"But there are many bids for him on the table from, among others, Manchester United and Chelsea."

And, with €12M having been speculated as a potential figure for Son, Bliemeister urged clubs to make a higher offer if they want to hit the front of the queue for his client’s signature.

"For now, we talk of that figure. But it is obvious that if someone comes along and offers €20M, they’ll get ahead of the competition."

So far this season Son has hit the back of the net nine times for Hamburg in the Bundesliga in 21 appearances.

It remains to be seen if the Bundesliga club can keep hold of the exciting 20-year-old talent into the 2013/14 campaign, or whether they will have to bid farewell, albeit with the compensation of a tasty transfer fee.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:47 pm

ynwa wrote:Eriksen will be more of a threat to Allen than Coutinho but I can't see him as a realistic target for us.

Eriksen is a CAM, not a CM. Allen will be competing with/backing up Gerrard and Henderson in the role between Lucas and the CAM while Eriksen would occupy either the forward midfield role that is currently rotating between Cou and Henderson (though Henderson obviously fills in different tasks when he appears there).

I'd much rather

...yes?

I can see Ince as the replacement of Downing. And wouldn't be surprised if we sign a number 9 or another SS type like Jovetic or somebody like him.

Sturridge is our starting CF. Suarez is the WF/SS. We have no reason to drop either. The other wide position tends to be occuptied by someone who will stay wider to help spread play. Only way a Jovetic-style/stature player arrives is if we need to replace Suarez. Otherwise expect a Borini-type signing for depth and competition along the front line.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get rid of Reina either (only if we can find another keeper).
We need organizers and commanders in the backline. Carra and Reina currently fit theat role. Carra is retiring. We won't force out the one major presence back there in the same window, especially as he's happy and on a long contract with the club. Long-term we may be looking to replace him, but not this summer.

Borini won't be sold. Jovetic won't be bought.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:58 pm

God I hope we go for Howedes to replace Carra. The guy is a complete warrior just like Carra. Experienced, young, already captain of Schalke :bow: :bow: Ticks all the boxes. Especially if rumors are true we are pondering about selling Skrtel.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Surag wrote:Thats not how it works.They would want as much cash for him as possible.If you are going to insert makeweights it has to be a substantial cash offer + the player ,for example i'm looking at something like 18-20m + Borini.They wouldnt be looking at Borini's market value while negotiating deals.Monetary aspect is very important here.

I dont even think they're going to accept makeweights in the first place tbh and if they do they're definitely not letting him go for cheap like the ridiculous fee you mentioned.

Even if they don't accept makeweights, if they are truly interested in Borini and both deals somehow go though money will be exchanged between the clubs.

I would think it wouldn't matter if

We pay 30m and get JoJo, and they pay 15m and get Borini in two separate deals

or

We pay 15m + Borini and get Jojo in a makeweight deal.

Neither of us are negotiators, so we wouldn't how it really works but common sense tells me something like that is likely were the rumors true.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:24 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:God I hope we go for Howedes to replace Carra. The guy is a complete warrior just like Carra. Experienced, young, already captain of Schalke :bow: :bow: Ticks all the boxes. Especially if rumors are true we are pondering about selling Skrtel.
I could (or would hope to see, at least) LFC pursuing Howedes as a STARTING CB if the club decide that one is necessary. As a third choice it wouldn't be sensible, though.

There's also the question of whether Liverpool could attract him. I'm certain he'll have no shortage of suitors should he and Schalke be open to his exit.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:34 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:God I hope we go for Howedes to replace Carra. The guy is a complete warrior just like Carra. Experienced, young, already captain of Schalke :bow: :bow: Ticks all the boxes. Especially if rumors are true we are pondering about selling Skrtel.
I could (or would hope to see, at least) LFC pursuing Howedes as a STARTING CB if the club decide that one is necessary. As a third choice it wouldn't be sensible, though.

There's also the question of whether Liverpool could attract him. I'm certain he'll have no shortage of suitors should he and Schalke be open to his exit.

True, it would be pointless wasting him as a 3rd choice if purchased. But I have never seen any team complain about having 3 class CB's battling it out for two spots. Although we may not have the money to just waste on someone like him and sit him on the bench. And the attraction issue could always be a problem for us; however, at the current state Schalke look in a worse situation than us. He might simply decide to jump the ship if things don't improve there. We can only hope that the 'little boy' inside him loves Liverpool.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Jo-Jo isnt happening Messiah.The sooner you realize the better. :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:02 pm

Surag wrote:Jo-Jo isnt happening Messiah.The sooner you realize the better. :coffee:

Why won't you let me fantasize Mad

I'm going to fly to Tuscany and force JoJo at gunpoint to join Pool if I have to. He's made to play for us. Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:11 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
True, it would be pointless wasting him as a 3rd choice if purchased. But I have never seen any team complain about having 3 class CB's battling it out for two spots. Although we may not have the money to just waste on someone like him and sit him on the bench. And the attraction issue could always be a problem for us; however, at the current state Schalke look in a worse situation than us. He might simply decide to jump the ship if things don't improve there. We can only hope that the 'little boy' inside him loves Liverpool.

If Schalke and/or Howedes were open to a his exit, I think we'd have a real chance finding an agreement. HOWEVER, as soon as Barca, Madrid, ManUtd, Chelsea, ManCity, Bayern, AC Milan, Juve, Bayern, Dortmund, or PSG show interest we've lost. It would also be difficult to beat out Spurs, Arsenal, Inter, etc etc though we would actually have a fighting chance with them, I feel.

This is all hypothetical though, as he may yet sign a new deal and there's no definite indication that any of the above mentioned clubs (LFC included) are actually interested.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:03 pm

Reports in both Spain and Italy believe that the Turin based side sent representatives to Milan where Barcelona were playing their Champions League last-16 first leg to discuss a potential summer move for the Chile winger.

Antonio Conte’s side did make a move for Sanchez before he joined Barcelona but were put off by Udinese’s asking price of €35 million, which the Camp Nou outfit paid in 2011.

However, he has failed to live up to expectations in Barcelona, having scored just one league goal this season and the Catalan club are believed to be open to a summer exit.

Juventus are reportedly ready to offer £5m for a season long loan, before making a permanent move in 2014.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Sounds believable.The loan + option to buy deal sounds like a typical Marotta-esque move.But the report is from Tuttosport though so i wont believe this news just yet.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Barca interested in Lloris, according to Abola.

---------------------

Barca interested in Agger and Fischer, according to AS.

--------------------

Balotelli wanted to go to Barca, according to Barca president Rosell.

"Balotelli has tried several times to come to Barca", Rosell told Sky Sport Italia.

"I do not know whether he would play well against a club for which he desperately wants to play."

The Spaniard though thinks Milan have pulled off a coup by signing the striker.

"I want to congratulate AC Milan for his transfer."

--------------------

Wenger wants Dani Alves in the Summer, according to AS.

-------------------------

Ajax reject Anzhi offer for Alderweireld, according to Voetbal Primeur.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:19 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
Barca interested in Agger and Fischer, according to AS.

Not again ffs. We barely kept him last summer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:53 am

Roma announce Arab investment

Roma have officially announced a “preliminary agreement” with Sheikh Adnan Adel Aref al Qaddumi al Shtewi to invest in the club.

There had been reports over the last few days that advanced negotiations were taking place with a mystery Arab investor.

This evening the club released a statement on its official website confirming a “preliminary agreement” with Sheikh Adnan Adel Aref al Qaddumi al Shtewi and his NEEP Roma Holding S.p.A to enter the club “directly or indirectly.”

The statement assured the “potential entry is part of the already-announced strategy of expansion of the commercial activities controlled by AS Roma SpA in new markets and with new investors.

“It could lead to an increase of capital for NEEP Roma Holding SpA and AS Roma SpA.”

Sheikh Adnan Adel Aref al Qaddumi al Shtewi originates from Qatar, was born in Jordan and has lived in Italy for 25 years.

He currently resides in Perugia and owns two oil companies in Italy and Canada, while he also published a book of photographs titled ‘Focus Orient.’

It is rumoured Sheikh Adnan Adel Aref al Qaddumi al Shtewi could invest up to €100m in Roma, particularly the construction of a new stadium.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:55 am

RedOranje wrote:
ynwa wrote:Eriksen will be more of a threat to Allen than Coutinho but I can't see him as a realistic target for us.

Eriksen is a CAM, not a CM. Allen will be competing with/backing up Gerrard and Henderson in the role between Lucas and the CAM while Eriksen would occupy either the forward midfield role that is currently rotating between Cou and Henderson (though Henderson obviously fills in different tasks when he appears there).

I'd much rather

...yes?

I can see Ince as the replacement of Downing. And wouldn't be surprised if we sign a number 9 or another SS type like Jovetic or somebody like him.

Sturridge is our starting CF. Suarez is the WF/SS. We have no reason to drop either. The other wide position tends to be occuptied by someone who will stay wider to help spread play. Only way a Jovetic-style/stature player arrives is if we need to replace Suarez. Otherwise expect a Borini-type signing for depth and competition along the front line.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get rid of Reina either (only if we can find another keeper).
We need organizers and commanders in the backline. Carra and Reina currently fit theat role. Carra is retiring. We won't force out the one major presence back there in the same window, especially as he's happy and on a long contract with the club. Long-term we may be looking to replace him, but not this summer.

Borini won't be sold. Jovetic won't be bought.

Allen is a CM yes, but he links the midfield to attack and would play infront of Gerrard and Lucas in an ideal world. He's been dropped for Henderson atm for being out out of form. And he has came off the bench a lot this season playing in advanced role.

I was supposed to write I'd much rather we don't sign Eriksen (as much as I want him here) as there are areas we need to look at and Eriksen would most likely only be available at an inflated price due to his reputation. If we do go for a midfielder, we should go for Maher. (Ajax would most likely sign him to replace Eriksen anyway.) I'm also one of the few Liverpool supporters that still has hope in Jonjo Shelvey.

We still need a number 9 OR a Jovetic type signing (I'm thinking Ben Arfa) regardless if Sturridge is our main CF. Our right flank is our weakest area in the starting XI. Tom Ince shouldn't be no where near a first team player if bought. Downing WILL be sold. Or we can simply buy another striker and stick Sturridge out on the right.

Do we really need commanders at the back? It's not as if Johnson, Agger, Skrtel and Enrique need Reina barking orders at them - they all know their role in the team. The Carragher-Agger partnership doesn't work because of Jamie barking out orders and the mis-communication. Anyway, I'd much rather a keeper that's a reliable shot-stopper in the same rather for his status in the dressing room over the past 3 years.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:33 am

Everton interested in making a summer move for Spartak Moscow midfielder Aiden McGeady, according to Russian daily Izvestia.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:11 am

Roma linked with Bayern's Rafinha

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/02/bayern-munich-defender-could-move-to-roma-in-the-summer/

Completely indifferent to it, tbh
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:53 pm

If Mazzarri and Cavani ask to leave…

Napoli are ready to wave goodbye to Walter Mazzarri and Edinson Cavani if the duo ask to leave the club.

Mazzarri has admitted that he won’t consider his future until the end of the season, while the striker has a €63m release clause in his contract.

“Mazzarri has my faith and there is no need for a change of Coach,” President Aurelio De Laurentiis commented.

“However, if he tells me that his work with Napoli is done and there is no reason to remain then we’ll make our considerations.

“Mazzarri is a serious professional. He’ll make his considerations and at the end of the campaign we’ll decide what is best for Napoli.”

The movie mogul was also questioned on star striker Cavani, a player who is wanted by Europe’s top clubs.

“We have an extraordinary relationship,” the San Paolo chief added. “If he can convince me that his time here is over then we’ll talk, otherwise he’ll stay as he has a five-year contract.”
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:30 pm

ynwa wrote:Allen is a CM yes, but he links the midfield to attack and would play infront of Gerrard and Lucas in an ideal world. He's been dropped for Henderson atm for being out out of form. And he has came off the bench a lot this season playing in advanced role.
That's inaccurate. In an ideal world (and in the real world initially) Allen plays
n the position currently occupied by Gerrard. He's not appeared there much this season due to injuries (filling in for Lucas) and form (his poor, Gerrard's resurgent). He has played in a more advanced role because that's the only midfield position open... Gerrard and Lucas have the other two (rightly) secured. It is neither his best/ideal position nor is it an indication of long-term plans, it is merely an adaptation made to deal with real-world influences.

ynwa wrote: I was supposed to write I'd much rather we don't sign Eriksen (as much as I want him here) as there are areas we need to look at and Eriksen would most likely only be available at an inflated price due to his reputation. If we do go for a midfielder, we should go for Maher. (Ajax would most likely sign him to replace Eriksen anyway.) I'm also one of the few Liverpool supporters that still has hope in Jonjo Shelvey.
I still like Shelvey as well, but what we're looking for this summer are players that can provide more immediate impact. Shelvey will/should head out on loan next season to get some proper, consistent game time. IF we're in the market for a CAM (as I said previously, I'm not convinced we will be after Coutinho's arrival) then Maher does not make real sense given the criteria. Eriksen does. The fact that he is entering the final year of his contract and has heavily hinted that he will not be signing a new deal will counterbalance the inflated price tag, to some extent. Still, there's no indication we could even interest him if he does move, so it is all hypothetical at best.

ynwa wrote:We still need a number 9 OR a Jovetic type signing (I'm thinking Ben Arfa) regardless if Sturridge is our main CF. Our right flank is our weakest area in the starting XI. Tom Ince shouldn't be no where near a first team player if bought. Downing WILL be sold. Or we can simply buy another striker and stick Sturridge out on the right.
We don't need a "number 9" though because Sturridge IS our "number 9"; in position if not in style and actual kit number. Perhaps you want a large, strong forward that can be a plan B but that's not really what you seem to be saying, especially when you put it alongside the suggestion of Jovetic (who, by the way, fills an entirely different role to HBA). If you had said an HBA-type player I'd have agreed, but he's neither of comparable stature nor the position to Jovetic. An attacking player that could fill a wide role, as well as cover across the attack, and who would cost £10-£20m, is exactly what I suggested the club would look for. That is a far cry from a £30+m player who will be expecting to play almost exclusively in a similar role to Suarez.

ynwa wrote:Do we really need commanders at the back? It's not as if Johnson, Agger, Skrtel and Enrique need Reina barking orders at them - they all know their role in the team. The Carragher-Agger partnership doesn't work because of Jamie barking out orders and the mis-communication. Anyway, I'd much rather a keeper that's a reliable shot-stopper in the same rather for his status in the dressing room over the past 3 years.

And yet the defense looked far more composed when Carra returned to the side and was issuing orders again... while appearing utterly lost at times when Carra and Reina were both gone. Rodgers has cited the issue as needing to be addressed when Carra retire, many pundits, analysts, and reporters have noted it, and even I myself, half-blind and thick as a Chris Kristy's thighs, have noted the difference when said players are present and when they're missing. It is definitely an issue.

Agger has shown glimpses of being able to organize the defense but it has been inconsistent. Skrtel, despite being the hard man that he is, does not offer a calming or commanding presence. The fullbacks both spend too much time forward to have the view necessary for organizing a defense. Carra will be retiring. Rodgers has stated that leadership will be a key skill he'll be looking for in any replacement but said player will still require time to bed in and familiarize himself with the new tactics and teammates. In the meantime we will need a leader to fill the void. Reina (and Agger) will be expected to do so.

Take the long view here. Reina may be past his peak (I'm not so sure) and the club may be interested in a long-term replacement... but one more season is unlikely to see him completely fall apart (and his current struggles have been somewhat exaggerated, IMO) and the rebuilding process not a short-term project. Keep him for a year to oversee defensive transition (and maybe more, to help bed and train a new young replacement). It's the most prudent plan, both tactically and economically.

And with that wall of text, I'm going to stop derailing/dominating this thread... at least for a while.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:15 am

Icardi on verge of Inter move

Sampdoria forward Mauro Icardi looks to be on the verge of a move to Inter, according to reports in Italy this evening.

Renowned transfer market specialist Alfredo Pedulla has claimed that the two clubs have already agreed in principle to a deal in the summer.

It is believed that only the finer details of the move are to be finalised, as well as the player himself agreeing to the transfer.

Icardi has been one of the revelations in Serie A this season, scoring eight goals in 19 games for the Bluerchiati.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:23 am

Vidal convincing Mehlexis to join Juve Proud
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite