Zealous
Pedram
Onyx
36 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Ozil vs Rooney - Page 2 Empty Re: Ozil vs Rooney

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Yeh, it's hard to make comparisons between players who have different roles. If Rooney's better than Ozil overall because he offers more, than I guess a player like Vidal must be better than Xavi because he offers more?

Laughing

No.

Rooney is better because he is a better player and impacts more games, more often.

Vidal does not do that to the level of Xavi, so no.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:50 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Ozil was the man of the match vs Man Utd imo.
scratch

Why?

He dominated the game imo. Was our best player.

The Franchise wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Yeh, it's hard to make comparisons between players who have different roles. If Rooney's better than Ozil overall because he offers more, than I guess a player like Vidal must be better than Xavi because he offers more?

Laughing

No.

Rooney is better because he is a better player and impacts more games, more often.

Vidal does not do that to the level of Xavi, so no.

How is Rooney a better player?

And how does he impact games more?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Better player, scores, passes, has tremendous work rate if you ask him for it and can perform the occasion dribble in the 1 v 1. He scores great goals and easy ones...can play out wide, down the middle or deep in midfield. He has spirit and doesnt give up, he demands alot from his teammates showing leadership and has a huge heart.

He impacts the game doing all those things and while he can be an inconsistent goalscorer (when not playing as a 9)...he doesnt go missing for an entire month like Ozil in his young career has done more than once already.

In the end this is easy. Ozil is a nice looking player, he has substance to and can do some special things...but Rooney is just the more mature, tougher player who can play well doing many things.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:06 pm

when has Ozil ever missing for an entire month?

The Franchise wrote:
In the end this is easy. Ozil is a nice looking player, he has substance to and can do some special things...

he's also a very effective player with end product, there's a reason he's consistently up there as both top assister and chances creator for 5 seasons since his breakthrough.

Last edited by alexander mahone on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:10 pm

The Franchise wrote:Better player, scores, passes, has tremendous work rate if you ask him for it and can perform the occasion dribble in the 1 v 1. He scores great goals and easy ones...can play out wide, down the middle or deep in midfield. He has spirit and doesnt give up, he demands alot from his teammates showing leadership and has a huge heart.

He impacts the game doing all those things and while he can be an inconsistent goalscorer (when not playing as a 9)...he doesnt go missing for an entire month like Ozil in his young career has done more than once already.

In the end this is easy. Ozil is a nice looking player, he has substance to and can do some special things...but Rooney is just the more mature, tougher player who can play well doing many things.

So basically he's better because he's a good hard working lad? Laughing

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:10 pm

See kids thats why you dont do drugs...
Cocaine is one hell of a drug

Ive watch Utd from the 07s and the things you inlisted about Rooney only tell half the story, most of em are made up. Hes a forward, not a player youd want to mix up as an AM. Your saying an complished AM is a better than a natural one?

My sides Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Better player, scores, passes, has tremendous work rate if you ask him for it and can perform the occasion dribble in the 1 v 1. He scores great goals and easy ones...can play out wide, down the middle or deep in midfield. He has spirit and doesnt give up, he demands alot from his teammates showing leadership and has a huge heart.

So basically he's better because he's a good hard working lad? Laughing

If you like? Yes.

You can fawn over pretty looking players all you like, give me the real players anyday.

Rooney has had seasons in his career, Ozil to this point cant even touch.

All this AM stuff is a load of crap...Rooney is the better player.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:20 pm

So Rooney's better than every AM and forward who doesn't work as hard as him?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:26 pm

alexander mahone wrote:when has Ozil ever missing for an entire month?

I dunno..like the start of every season almost?

Go look through your own thread in your section, you can just go page by page and see complaining about his form for periods of time.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:26 pm

Nope, Rooney is just better than Ozil.

2 words out of 50 say work rate and thats all you can hold on to. You gotta up your game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Better scorer - doesn't really matter. That's like saying a forward is better than midfielder because he's a better scorer.

Passer - Ozil is a better passer.

Work rate - Work rate shouldn't determine whether one player is better than another player.

Can play out wide and in the middle - Ozil can play out wide and in the middle too. Again, versatility shouldn't really determine whether a player is better than another player.

Showing leadership, huge heart, demanding - Some more attributes that shouldn't determine whether a player is better than another player.

Overall, Ozil is the better footballer. Rooney probably has more work rate and leadership than Messi, Ronaldo and Iniesta.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:47 pm

The Franchise wrote:
I dunno..like the start of every season almost?
Go look through your own thread in your section, you can just go page by page and see complaining about his form for periods of time.

His form at the start of the season wasn't the best, but still he didn't go missing or playing lazy just walking around the pitch being useless, he's still involved and contributing one way or another, those were just matches where he's not doing enough special thing that mediocre AM cannot do, hence the complaining.

alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:31 pm

How is leadership and work rate not a decent measure of how good a player is? Both of those are incredibly important attributes.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:38 pm

Ozil is simply a better footballer than Rooney. I mean you wouldn't usually judge a footballers ability based on leadership or work rate, you judge it on skill.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:50 pm

Well, in that definition, you're reducing the worth of a footballer to his technical ability. There's lots of other important attributes.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:55 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Ozil is simply a better footballer than Rooney. I mean you wouldn't usually judge a footballers ability based on leadership or work rate, you judge it on skill.

So we can safely say Quaresma is the best player in the world. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexander mahone Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:02 pm

Usually players being able to show his technical skill in competitive matches is also because they have the right non technical skill aspects, like brain, composure/calmness, toughness, etc. All are translated into actual performance anyway.
alexander mahone
alexander mahone
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:27 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Well, in that definition, you're reducing the worth of a footballer to his technical ability. There's lots of other important attributes.

Messi most likely won the Ballon d'or because of his footballing/technical ability, not because of his leadership or work rate.

I mean if a club wanted to buy a top AM, they'd look at his football/technical ability first, not his leadership skills or work rate.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Ozil is better technically, but his football intelligence is higher too. Much higher. I don't know why this is a discussion, Rooney is better physically.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:47 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Messi most likely won the Ballon d'or because of his footballing/technical ability, not because of his leadership or work rate.

I mean if a club wanted to buy a top AM, they'd look at his football/technical ability first, not his leadership skills or work rate.

But Messis technique and finishing, as well as footballing intelligence, is so ridiculously high that he still influences matches more than many great leaders do, so I think you're oversimplifying.

Other players did win awards ahead of more technically apt players specifically because they were great leaders, and as such had a big impact on the game.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:52 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:Well, in that definition, you're reducing the worth of a footballer to his technical ability. There's lots of other important attributes.

Messi most likely won the Ballon d'or because of his footballing/technical ability, not because of his leadership or work rate.

Techical ability and leadership skills are't mutually exclusive :coffee:
vladdy wrote:
tuddor wrote:Madrid fans acting like they didn't learn anything from the Bayern tie... Same old discussions, when someone (like me) said that Ribery> Ronaldo and Gomez> Benzema, Schweinsteiger>Alonso real fans begin ironic talks on me like i have no clue on what i'm saying, when they don't even watch regularly players like mentioned above... The same now with the likes of Rooney, Carrick, Evra etc.. When i said that 1 year ago Cavani>Higuain at least 10 real madrid fans jumped on me saying Cavani is not at the same level, lavezzi is the man at Napoli, and the future proved them wrong again..
Real Madrid is the first failed project of Mourinho, it's a team build for counter-attack who defends bad... in fact i wouldn't blame mourinho too much, you can't make a team when Real fans are so demanding, and the team is disunited, the opposite of Inter and Porto...

After this post, Real Madrid fans will consider you schizophrenic. :coffee:
Paranoid schizophrenic, simply because he talks about everything but not the topic :coffee: It's Özil vs. Rooney, not " let's talk shit about Real" thread Laughing
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:29 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Messi most likely won the Ballon d'or because of his footballing/technical ability, not because of his leadership or work rate.

But Messis technique and finishing, as well as footballing intelligence, is so ridiculously high that he still influences matches more than many great leaders do, so I think you're oversimplifying.

Other players did win awards ahead of more technically apt players specifically because they were great leaders, and as such had a big impact on the game.

Leadership doesn't really make a player better in terms of technique. Besides, it's not like Rooney's Man Utd's captain or something. Rooney's known for lashing out, getting angry etc. In fact he did that a few times vs Real Madrid.

Only reason Rooney's probably being given the leadership trait is because he's English and he's played for Man Utd for 9 years.

Rooney's supposed leadership skills doesn't make him a better overall player than Ozil.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:40 pm

Very different players. Ozil is a CAM that sometimes pushes out wide like a winger. Rooney is a classic SS that drops deep like a CAM, but in a very diffferent way. Rooney is better at finishing, is stronger, has a higher work rate, is more of a leader, and is arguably more clutch. Ozil has better vision and passing skills, is the better dribbler, and is faster. Both are top players, but as i said before are very different. If i had to pick one id say Ozil is better.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vrane Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Different players, rooney cant even wipe ozil's butt when it comes to passing, vision, heck even dribbling...

While rooney also has many other weapons such as good workrate, and just a great arsenal which makes him very valuable.

No problem with seeing people think rooney is a superior footballer, specially considering the fact that ozil has been victim of stamina issues, his team doesnt exactly play to his main strengths, and he also is unavailable in deeper positions..

Ozil doesnt seem to me like the guy though that fails by him self and thus the whole team suffers, if he ever seems to not do as good as other times its mostly because of the team as a whole.

Hes been key against barca, and in my eyes has not flopped against them overall..

Two great footballers but in a well built team, i prefer ozil..

Vrane
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:45 am

Ozil is half the player of Rooney lol

And that's coming from a man who hates him...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:46 am

It's Rooney we are talking about not Messi.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next