McAgger
VanDeezNuts
DeletedUser#1
46 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Football lost today - Page 2 Empty Re: Football lost today

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:06 pm

For what its worth Juve won't win the competition, their forwards are not good enough.

Although they won't play like this very often, they sat back after they scored because they knew Celtic didn't have the quality to hurt them.

You won't see Juve sit so deep against better teams.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:06 pm

REWB wrote:men against boys today indeed

Very much exaggeration.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:For what its worth Juve won't win the competition, their forwards are not good enough.

Although they won't play like this very often, they sat back after they scored because they knew Celtic didn't have the quality to hurt them.

You won't see Juve sit so deep against better teams.

Summed it up quite well Mole Thumbs up We seriously need to bring the rep system back.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:11 pm

Celtic played well but I don't understand what you guys what from Juventus.
They scored an away goal in 3 minutes in a very tough place to play, you then expect them to go balls deep and try and play this team out of their own park?

This game did come down to mistakes (to a degree), but to say it wasn't deserved for Juventus is a gross exaggeration, to say Celtic somehow deserved it more is an even grosser exaggeration.

It's kind of funny that Celtic failed to finish their chances while Juventus was efficient when, more often than not, Juventus is the team with 20 shots a game and 1-2 goals (maximum), to show for it.

And for those saying wait for Juventus to play a better team, this is such a non-factor right now it's not even funny. You play the team you're drawn against, Juventus drew Celtic and will focus on that and only that. Silly to make assumptions about any other stage of this tournament for the time being.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:For what its worth Juve won't win the competition, their forwards are not good enough.

I agree and disagree in equal measure.

Their forwards dont have quality I agree, but they move very well. I think its suits them more to have this kind of forward than one who doesnt move as well and has more quality.

Ideally you want both obviously.

But I felt other than that, they still have some question marks for me.

For example, when they did keep the ball a little and the wingbacks got forward, the left and right centerback can be drawn out by the winger in transition and then the fullbacks (mostly Emilo Ezquirre?) can race into the space left if the fullback is out of position/not aware of his run.

I also feel the alarming rate Pirlo can get caught in possession/physically bothered is a weakness.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:12 pm

tuddor wrote:
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Hmm, dont think juventus won this because of tactics. They were lucky not to concede because celtic missed their chances, and lucky to score two goals because of two dfensive howlers from someone who wasnt ready for this game. Their midfield werent very good at living with celtics pressing either, their forward line sorely lacked skill. But at the end of the day they have more quality than celtic hense they took their chances well

I think though they have onlly one special player, and then some very good players (marchisio, vidal, vucinic)

Is that enough to win this competition, i doubt it
Seriously? two lucky goals, i fail to see what was lucky in them, lol this way i can say Spain was lucky to win euro too, they were having less posession until the 60 minute, and it's normal when you have the lead to play the best tactic you can play to keep it... Juve should fee sorry for having a great defense orgainsation and Buffon?

Yeah lucky. They were handed two of their goals from a player that was not ready for this game. I mean, id sure like it if bayern give us two goals like that next week drinking

You sat back but you didnt look that good defensively, and you didnt look that good counter attacking either. 3-0 is a flattering scoreline imo, as a result of celtic being rubbish in the final thrird and making some individual errors. Im not saying you dindt deserve to win this game, but in the grande scheme of things the big teams arent gonna be scared of that perfmance one bit
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:12 pm

If Chelsea had the quality to do it last season we have the quality to. IF MAtri continues like this than anything is possible. We are not up there with Barca,RM in players status but damn we are as unit(team) as much as they are. We are not perfect but hey who is ? We have weaknesses but today tactics won
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:13 pm

I don't agree with the title at all. Yes Celtic were very good and yes Celtic had more chances but it's their fault for not taking them. One can admire their hard work but they just didn't have the quality to finish of their chances + some horrible defensive errors cost them heavily.

Still liked Celtic's attitude to go forward and their hard work - they simply lacked quality upfront but fair play to them - they played very well for an underdog.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Celtic players should've done the same thing that worked for them last time, you don't fix something that isn't broken.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
tuddor wrote:
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Hmm, dont think juventus won this because of tactics. They were lucky not to concede because celtic missed their chances, and lucky to score two goals because of two dfensive howlers from someone who wasnt ready for this game. Their midfield werent very good at living with celtics pressing either, their forward line sorely lacked skill. But at the end of the day they have more quality than celtic hense they took their chances well

I think though they have onlly one special player, and then some very good players (marchisio, vidal, vucinic)

Seriously? two lucky goals, i fail to see what was lucky in them, lol this way i can say Spain was lucky to win euro too, they were having less posession until the 60 minute, and it's normal when you have the lead to play the best tactic you can play to keep it... Juve should fee sorry for having a great defense orgainsation and Buffon?

Yeah lucky. They were handed two of their goals from a player that was not ready for this game. I mean, id sure like it if bayern give us two goals like that next week drinking

You sat back but you didnt look that good defensively, and you didnt look that good counter attacking either. 3-0 is a flattering scoreline imo, as a result of celtic being rubbish in the final thrird and making some individual errors. Im not saying you dindt deserve to win this game, but in the grande scheme of things the big teams arent gonna be scared of that perfmance one bit

You do realise that we played without our 2 defensive key payers Chiellini,Asamoah right ?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:14 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:Park the bus team beating Celtic.

One day, the world of football will be free of those anti-football teams and possession football will prevail

Amunt

Football lost today - Page 2 Tumblr_mfh7xyoRY81qkcm1fo1_500

Last edited by elmystique on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:15 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:You sat back but you didnt look that good defensively

Clearly we must be have been watching a different game then.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:16 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
tuddor wrote:

We didn't looked good defensively? How many chances were Celtic having? I guess it's about 2, that header of their defender, and another volley, that's all... And they played home, and most of the time they were attacking..
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:17 pm

but who were the men and who were the boys?

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Also, let's not get carried away here. Celtic are no where near CL knock out stages quality team. Juve were great, but let's wait until quarters when they face a better team to hype them.

as a juve fan i dont expect to beat barca,madrid or bayern but i would be dissapointed if we lost to utd,psg,dortmund,porto as i think were 1 level above them. even without their array of strikers
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:19 pm

For what its worth Dani i agree on those weaknesses.

But will those weaknesses be taking advantage of? you would think so but so far i haven't seen anyone take advantage of it.

It should also be mentioned that Chiellini and Asamoah were missing today and that improves them defensively hugely.

But the Pirlo thing is a much bigger potential problem, but considering this is a KO competition going forward there are ways to get around that.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:20 pm

Conte simply used their weapon against them and it worked. He let the other team have possession, team thas no idea what to do with it and all they did were sending crosses in the box. Chiellini and Asa were missing our key defensive players.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:21 pm

meh...british fans they are being brainwashed by their british commentators.
poor crossing and prick attitude becomes great chances and dedication.

they love entertainment...and so their defenses are becoming useless...to serve the viewer. more goals more money.
of course they will hate a team that can actually defend...and play tactical

that's why i learn to watch game on mute. gives me a totally different perspective

Last edited by Adrian0911 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:22 pm

This forum is ridiculous. Quite obviously a shit load of people haven't watched Juventus under Conte.

The whole plan of this system is to absorb as much pressure as you can and capitalize on the oppositions mistakes in which Juventus did perfectly. Its called Cattenaccio. No Libero? Was anyone even watching Leo Bonnuci? Juventus' pseudo 5-3-2-? Juventus do this all the time under Conte in the first leg of a 2 legged tie followed by pure Conte attack in the 2nd.

-Did the same vs Milan in the 1st leg of last year in the Serie A. Guess what happened? Milan fell for the same trap and guess who scored a brace as well? Claudio Marchisio playing in his modified role scoring a brace vs Milan.

-Did it vs Napoli, Lazio, Roma and Napoli in the Super Coppa as well.

-Same blueprint. Marchisio in an advanced role, Vidal tracking the fullbacks. Bonnuci dropping deep and sweeping out from the midfield once the opposition is advanced. Same exact thing while Lennon obviously hasn't done his homework.

Bank of mistakes? Conte does this all the time vs sides who are bound to leave their post open with the consistent attack being eventually locked down open for serious tactical errors and exploitation opportunities left by the opposition. Celtic is so stupid they fell for the same exact trap that Shaktar, Chelsea (1st leg) and countless Italian teams did.

Has anyone even seen football pre-2000s? Anyone seen Enzo Bearzots Italia? Guess what happened? Used the same exact plan and won the god damn world cup.
What in the world were Celtic doing aside from crossing mindlessly into Buffon's hands?

How anyone can call this parking the bus is beyond me. Football is not dead. The classical chess like tactics of yesteryear certainly are being forgotten and not appreciated well enough.

Does anyone even see the scoreboard? 0-3 Juventus.

Massively underwhelmed by Celtic as I hope for them to be a little more tact.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:For what its worth Dani i agree on those weaknesses.

But will those weaknesses be taking advantage of? you would think so but so far i haven't seen anyone take advantage of it.

It should also be mentioned that Chiellini and Asamoah were missing today and that improves them defensively hugely.

But the Pirlo thing is a much bigger potential problem, but considering this is a KO competition going forward there are ways to get around that.

I dont know, I think it might. It depends on the opponent, I think a better coach than Lennon and a better team than Celtic would certainly test that out.

Thats not to say Juve are not very strong, more just no team is perfect and if im on the other side thats what im thinking about.

Their lack of quality striker, to me isnt that big a deal because at least they move well and both your defence with movement. Though of course, having that individual quality can offset alot of issues....look at Madrid.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:23 pm

I love the whole England is the best bullshit from the commentators. They were absolutely silent after 3-0. Everyone claims Italians are racist yet when Italians beat British teams this is what happens :

"Gutted. Celtic deserve so much more. They have been outstanding. Particularly annoying having witnessed so many dirty tricks by the Italians." - Michael Owen

"Italians bending, twisting, manipulating the rules of the game. The continental teams are experts at this. Gutted for Celtic. Deserved more." - Joey Barton

:facepalm: get a grip England
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Looked like Lichtsteiner was blocking Brown at every corner?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:28 pm

My only real problem with the British media (I say only loosely) is how hypocritical they are.

When Celtic park the bus, they say great effort, great spirit...yada yada.

When they lose vs a team that do it? Oh, they deserved much more.

And make no mistake, if that was say Chelsea, it would of been much worse.

But to be fair, I see that as mostly a SkySports/ITV thing....talk to Scottish people (I know, I have a ton of Celtic and Scotland fans on my football team) they know the real deal, they understand.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:28 pm

well tbf, as demonstrated multiple times, Joey Barton probably has a lower IQ than a rock, and Michael Owen is a major moron as well.

can't really speak for most of England based on what those two like to spew.

OT: I didn't get to watch this game, but I will watch it when I get home tonight. I watched the PSG-Valencia match from work and was very dissapointed with the quality, or lack thereof in that match.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:29 pm

GB media, FA, pundits are all a joke. Everyone knows it. Worst losers you can possibly imagine. No wonder Liverpool get slammed by the British media all the time. We don't belong in England.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:29 pm

The Franchise wrote:My only real problem with the British media (I say only loosely) is how hypocritical they are.

When Celtic park the bus, they say great effort, great spirit...yada yada.

When they lose vs a team that do it? Oh, they deserved much more.

And make no mistake, if that was say Chelsea, it would of been much worse.

But to be fair, I see that as mostly a SkySports/ITV thing....talk to Scottish people (I know, I have a ton of Celtic and Scotland fans on my football team) they know the real deal, they understand.

They do the same when it involves Arsenal against a team like stoke/sunderland lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next