Is there a worse League in Europe than the PL?

+20
Lupi
Arquitecto
cyberman
Collblanc
McAgger
rwo power
Juveman17
Onyx
halamadrid2
Lex
Art Morte
Kick
Adit
Eman
RealGunner
TalkingReckless
VivaStPauli
DeletedUser#1
Rev
Gil
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is there a worse League in Europe than the PL? Empty Is there a worse League in Europe than the PL?

Post by Gil Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:01 pm

Matches are predictable and dire.

Severe lack of technical players and the players that do enter the League with excellent technique quickly become kick and run players. See Hazard, Balotelli, Aguero etc

Terrible atmosphere. Nearly died of boredom watching the Newcastle- Spurs game earlier on today.

No tactical battles or innovativeness from managers. Same boring formation and kick and run style between all of them.

Lack of homegrown talent. See the disgrace that is Newcastle, makes me sick to my stomach to be honest.

Lost art of defending. The ridiculous goals conceded on a daily basis in the PL is ridiculous. No intelligence or tactical understanding from defenders whatsoever.

Feel free to add on.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Is there a worse League in Europe than the PL? Empty Re: Is there a worse League in Europe than the PL?

Post by Rev Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:03 pm

Is there a worse League in Europe than the PL? Cm-44950-050f661881e7de
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Is there a worse League in Europe than the PL? Empty Re: Is there a worse League in Europe than the PL?

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:03 pm

The sheer predictability of it.

Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal all won today and you could have bet your entire mortgage on it :facepalm:

In Italy we see Lazio losing at home to Chievo, in this shithole that's Britain, NO.

I wish we could move out

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:06 pm

Don't hate on Nouveau Chatel, QPR is just as bad Razz
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:09 pm

The Disgraceful Newcastle had 3 english players play today (2 starting, 1 sub), same as Chelsea
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Why do you think i watch more La Liga than EPL these days lol.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Harry Redknapp wrote:The sheer predictability of it.

Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal all won today and you could have bet your entire mortgage on it :facepalm:

In Italy we see Lazio losing at home to Chievo, in this shithole that's Britain, NO.

I wish we could move out

I honestly wouldn't mind something of a rebranding like they did 20 odd years ago.

This League is well beyond help right now.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:15 pm

I will agree on Gil's argument about shitty goals conceded game-in game-out. For homegrown players, pretty much all English players play in England - if they aren't good enough to make the best teams in the country, that's not the fault of the teams themselves. As for the lack of technical attacking play, well, #saveusArsenalandSwansea
Harry Redknapp wrote:The sheer predictability of it.

I wish we could move out
Are you seriously suggesting that Arsenal, even Chelsea and Spurs for that matter, are consistent? Laughing Every top team except for Man Utd loses on a regular basis it seems like these days, while it's far more predictable in Spain for example, and Serie A is a shadow of its former self anyway.

Any arguments about quality can be done if you guys want, but calling into question the predictability of the EPL is ridiculous.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:15 pm

If it wasn't for Wenger, we would have become another scrubby kick n rush team.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:18 pm

Gil wrote:
No tactical battles or innovativeness from managers.

Which stands out for me. PL and Buli are tactically dull.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:28 pm

Adit wrote:
Gil wrote:
No tactical battles or innovativeness from managers.

Which stands out for me. PL and Buli are tactically dull.

Enrages me that managers like AVB, Martinez and Mancini are derided for attempting something new. While a primitive formation like 442 which encourages a cross and repeat style of football is applauded in this Nation.

It's infuriating.

Average Joe's like Brendan Rodgers who is about as clueless as they come are considered tactical geniuses here. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:31 pm

Martinez deserves credit for what he does. He actually uses proper tactics to try out smart the other teams. So glad Managers like Pochettino and Laudrup are coming in the league.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:38 pm

Agreed.

Guys like Rodgers, Redknapp, Pardew, Di matteo or Moyes wouldn't even be given a second look for the Pescara or Granada jobs.

That's one thing I applaud the English clubs for, they're beginning to phase out dinosaurs like the aforementioned for the more intelligent and brighter minds like AVB, Poche, Laudrup etc that have a far better understanding & knowledge of the game.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:38 pm

Although i disagree with the unpredictable bit. Qpr winning against chelsea was not predictable. Or norwich winning against us. Or villa winning against Liverpool
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:53 pm

Southampton 2 0 up over city, yep, predictable. Rolling Eyes
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Well, if there is not a worse league in Europe, pretty well done by the PL to have won last season's CL. smoking

Kick wrote:Southampton 2 0 up over city, yep, predictable. Rolling Eyes

HT 2 - 1, yeah, everyone saw that coming :coffee:

Edit. 3 - 1 now :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:33 pm

RealGunner wrote:Why do you think i watch more La Liga than EPL these days lol.

For dire officiating? hmm

Certainly adds an element of unpredictability to games, where onside and offside decisions are given based on if the linesman had a wank before the game or not
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:34 pm

Gil says EPL is toopredictable, soton go out and beat city only moments later.

Dat jinx :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:44 pm

but he mentioned pochetino as a guy bringing more light and fresh air to the league

pochetino is sotos coach correct me if I am wrong :coffee:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:45 pm

RealGunner wrote:Martinez deserves credit for what he does. He actually uses proper tactics to try out smart the other teams. So glad Managers like Pochettino and Laudrup are coming in the league.

Outsmarts other teams and ends up trying to save Wigan from relegation. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:47 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:but he mentioned pochetino as a guy bringing more light and fresh air to the league

pochetino is sotos coach correct me if I am wrong :coffee:

He is but not many people would have predicted that win.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:50 pm

soto deserved a draw fro. the united game as well pochetino knows his stuff which is why espanyol have always been barcas kryptonite under him

did you see their posession game today? even the commentator said the city players were knackered after chasing the ball so much
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Possession was actually 50-50. Soto just made their spells count
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:53 pm

city probably got most of theirs in the last 10-15 mins when soto sat back

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:55 pm

This is the best thread ever :bow:

EPL has shitty fans, and in my opinion isn't interesting at all. All i see is kick and run everywhere from Newcastle vs Chelsea to Arsenal vs Sunderland.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next