shinigami99
Juveman17
Ion Creanga
danyjr
BarrileteCosmico
35 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Prandelli: I am working to tap Icardi for the national team - Page 4 Empty Re: Prandelli: I am working to tap Icardi for the national team

Post by Albiceleste Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:18 pm

Swanhends wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:Is he 15m better? Probably not but that's what you have to pay to get talented young players that are proven in that league. Longo is merely hope while Icardi is promise.

Icardi isnt promise though, we still cant be sure if this is temporary form or permanent class

Their is a higher confidence level in Icardi based on his stronger track record, but at the end of the day they are both just prospects that could really go either way...Icardi is far from a sure thing

So why do you gamble 15m in this situation? f
For reasons previously stated, Icardi may not be the most proven player but if you're comparing directly to Longo or whatever young strikers Inter have, he is looking like the better prospect in first division, and from the looks of things Inters management are thinking the same. Now I'm not saying it is the most optimal or efficient decision, but a good one nonetheless.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Prandelli: I am working to tap Icardi for the national team - Page 4 Empty Re: Prandelli: I am working to tap Icardi for the national team

Post by dostoevsky Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:23 am

Albiceleste wrote:Icardi scored over 400 goals for his youth team :bow:

Next batigol :bow:

Also, Azzurri fans I wouldn't get your hopes up

Bojan's youth record eclipses that by far, no? We all saw how that worked out for him.

It is far too early for any major team to begin thinking about purchasing Icardi, especially for such a price. Out of his 9 goals this season, 4 have been against Pescara. He's doing well, no doubt, however as Swanhends said, at the most he's a 1/2 season wonder at the moment. The defences he's breached thus far haven't been able to work him out yet as he's a relatively new force on the scene. Backing up his good work against a team for a second time will teach us more about Icardi, as well as his ability to impact matches regularly.

Any player of his age requires that we suspend judgement until the end of the season, and even then, he may not really be what Inter require for the price. Icardi at the moment is hope, just as Longo is. Destro, for instance, struggled horribly in his first season out on loan from Inter, leading them to get rid of his contract, and now he's the most promising young centre forward in all of Serie A. Others shine for half a season like Cerci when leaving their big team then are very rapidly worked out by the rest of the competition when they have to back it up with a second performance against a team.

Icardi may be a great option for Inter and vice-versa, however that's a call they'd be foolish to make this far from June.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed May 15, 2013 6:55 pm

Surag wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Swanhends wrote:12m+ bonuses
1 mil salary

meh

I'm guessing you haven't see how wonderfully talented Icardi is, not to mention that he is only 20. If anything, I expected this type of signing would get you excited.

I guess he would rather prefer Benteke instead of him Laughing

Laughing

Still think thats funny now bro? rofl

pls go

fun fahct: Since Surag made that post three months ago, Icardi has scored 1 goal Proud
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Fun fahct: When Benteke was Icardi's age he had only scored 6 goals in a scrub league, Icardi has 10 in the hardest league to score in.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:36 pm

any news on this?

What great young attackers Itay would have in Icardi, Balotelli, Sharawy, Gabbiadini and Insigne..
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Icardi is Argentinian.. not italian.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:17 pm

flameas wrote:Icardi is Argentinian.. not italian.
Icardi has both an Argentinian and Italian passport.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:24 pm

So do I.

He's Argentine, get your hands off the kid.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:27 pm

He'd have a better NT future with Italy than with Argentina.Provided he actually goes on to become what he's hyped to be.

Higuain is in his prime years and will set to be Argentina's frontline CF for years to come.Would be better if he chooses Italy but i guess he should choose where his heart follows.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:28 pm

This would mean Inter contributing to Italian NT,so obviously not gonna happen.

Besides,I think he already said he will play for Argentina...
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:56 pm

S wrote:Higuain is in his prime years and will set to be Argentina's frontline CF for years to come.Would be better if he chooses Italy but i guess he should choose where his heart follows.
Balotelli anyone?

PS: You can keep Osvaldo Proud
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:20 pm

danyjr wrote:
S wrote:Higuain is in his prime years and will set to be Argentina's frontline CF for years to come.Would be better if he chooses Italy but i guess he should choose where his heart follows.
Balotelli anyone?

I am not Italian nor do i care about Italy NT.But speaking from a Italy perspective i dont think Balotelli is the most 'trust-worthy' striker out there.His attitude and hot-headed tempermant is stil very questionable.Icardi if he realizes his potential can easily give Balo a run for his money,
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:21 am

The agent of Mauro Icardi claims the Inter man will become the best striker in the world game.

The 20-year-old joined the Nerazzurri from Sampdoria in the summer and opened his account with a goal in the 1-1 draw with Juventus on Saturday.

“I’m really happy for Mauro,” representative Abian Morano told FC Inter News. “I really believe in his potential and I’m certain that he will be the best attacker on the planet.

“He is still very young and he’ll continue to grow with time. The goal on Saturday was important for Inter, but also for Mauro’s development.”

Icardi held the necessary paperwork to play for Italy, but he’s opted to wait for an international call from Argentina – the country of his birth.

“The Seleccion? Mauro right now is 100 per cent focused on Inter and is not thinking of anything else.”

source: football-italia.net
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:14 pm

The movement on this kid is outstanding, the few minutes he's had at Inter have surprised me much.

I think his current talent plus good form is enough to net him 15 goals this season if he gets more minutes. The next Javier Hernandez.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:24 pm

S wrote:
danyjr wrote:
Balotelli anyone?

I am not Italian nor do i care about Italy NT.But speaking from a Italy perspective i dont think Balotelli is the most 'trust-worthy' striker out there.His attitude and hot-headed tempermant is stil very questionable.Icardi if he realizes his potential can easily give Balo a run for his money,
I think Balotelli leading Italy to the Euro final and also having a great showing in the Confederations Cup puts all those demons to rest. At a time even Totti was considered a liability, Cassano couldn't get a look into the national team over the likes of Iaquinta. Everything does come full circle. Balotelli is immovable from the national team under Prandelli. A new manager and new tactics might see a different story but right now it's his time.

Icardi would be an incredible option but what can you do if he is unwilling? Insigne, Icardi, Gabbiadini, SES, Balotelli. What a group of attackers that would be- Gabbiadini in that group is probably premature and a tad far-fetched though.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Ion Creanga wrote:any news on this?

What great young attackers Itay would have in Icardi, Balotelli, Sharawy, Gabbiadini and Insigne..
Sabella had a talk with him and convinced him to wait for his call from Argentina. Given that Higuain's sub right now is Palacio I think it's likely he will get the call in the coming years after the WC.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inter1lachen Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:32 pm

Playing the odds based on past performance over the next ten years, where he might be at his competitive best, he would have a better chance of winning a World Cup with Italy than with Argentina.

inter1lachen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:59 pm

he would have probably played better than palacio and lavezzi have if Sabella called him.

he will eventually be a part of the national team, no doubt about it

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by emassy Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:16 pm

Think he will be good addition
emassy
emassy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:27 am

Called up for the Argentina team cheers
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Good for him . Having to compete with Balotelli for the position in Italy , i can see where he's coming from :coffee:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:31 pm

actually he has a better chance to start for Italy
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:41 am

zizzle wrote:actually he has a better chance to start for Italy
probably , i was just being sarcastic
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4