LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Sahin's back to BVB Empty Re: Sahin's back to BVB

Post by The Lizard King Fri 11 Jan - 12:53

If Sahin was listed in Madrid's squad sheet for the CL campaign, wouldn't he be ineligible to take part in the tournament with another team ?

The Lizard King
The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri 11 Jan - 12:57

He needs to make appearance I think in order to be on non UCL list. I knew this was going to happen
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 11 Jan - 12:58

Here's the PK (in German):

http://www.kicker.de/news/video/1246593/video_sahin-ist-zurueck_bin-uebergluecklich-zu-hause-zu-sein.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri 11 Jan - 13:03

Sad story indeed, I wonder how his Dortmund teammates will look at him. I am not sure, but I think he is unpopular in Germany as is now. First for choosing Turkey and then for leaving BVB.

Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 11 Jan - 13:10

said it while ago, Sahin leaving on loan was the end of him in madrid, doubt he will ever make it back again.

Still one of my favorite CM, needless to say that the way mourinho treated kind of disgusted me. You dont boast about signing the best player in bundi, to tell tell 6 months later that you dont know where to play him.

His time of madrid was just a succession of bad luck. His consecutive knee injuries ruined him plain and simple. But even when he returned, mourinho used him so little that h was never going to build enough confidence to shine again. Playing the guy a LB to push him out is about as disgusting as blocking Pedro Leon's car in the parking lot to make his life miserable and force him to go.

Moving to liverpool didnt help either, specially when Rogers was using Sahin in a not so smart fashion. Wrong career move there, considering that Rogers had more incentives in developing Allen than Sahin.

Well, i wish him the best, i hope he can once again go back to the level he once reached, because he is wonderful to watch at that level. You dont often see players moving back to their old club a year or two after leaving. Must have been a tough decision for him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri 11 Jan - 13:20

I don't understand, why there was such a fuss over him leaving Dortmund. I mean 99 percent of players, who are presented with an opportunity to join a bigger/prestigious club, will move to that club, especially at that age. Get real, Real Madrid will always have more of an appeal, to a player then Borussia Dortmund. And then bad luck came into play during his time at Madrid, injuries, overlooked, etc. He was then loaned out to Liverpool, according to Liverpool fans he was lazy, and played at AM (not his natural position). And in their recent outing against Mansfield, he decided not to travel with the team. Now he's back at Borussia Dortmund on loan. TBH I think a lot of it was bad luck, and not giving it all he should be giving.

I hope he does good at Dortmund, but what do you guys think will happen to Gundogan?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri 11 Jan - 13:23

Hopefully he regains back to form and fans treat him well enough. He may feel pretty unpopular...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 11 Jan - 13:25

Casciavit wrote:I hope he does good at Dortmund, but what do you guys think will happen to Gundogan?
Well, I think Kloppo will have to start rotating anyway, now that the CL and BL get near their business ends. And the next DFB_Pokal match against Bayern is a big one, too., so Dortmund do need the depth.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 11 Jan - 13:26

there is a reality to consider: Gundogan is a dortmund player, and one of their most used player in the double pivot. Sahin is a loanee, returning to dortmund to build more confidence.

At this point, Gundogan is better for Dortmund, and Klopp surely has more incentive in making sure that Gundogan remains at the same level and keep improving.

Sahin is gonna have to show that he can still play at the level he had two years ago, with the limited appearances he will have. Otherwise, Klopp doesnt need to take risks. Sahin is pure depth now, not a starter anymore.

I expect Sahin to go elsewhere in the summer.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 11 Jan - 13:31

BTW, I think the fans will be somewhat reserved, but the big fan site schwatzgelb.de sort of asked to give Sahin the benefit of the doubt and that he should be aware he won't be a starter anymore.

http://www.schwatzgelb.de/2013-01-11_unsa-senf_nuri-dahoam.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri 11 Jan - 13:31

Casciavit wrote:I don't understand, why there was such a fuss over him leaving Dortmund. I mean 99 percent of players, who are presented with an opportunity to join a bigger/prestigious club, will move to that club, especially at that age. Get real, Real Madrid will always have more of an appeal, to a player then Borussia Dortmund. And then bad luck came into play during his time at Madrid, injuries, overlooked, etc. He was then loaned out to Liverpool, according to Liverpool fans he was lazy, and played at AM (not his natural position). And in their recent outing against Mansfield, he decided not to travel with the team. Now he's back at Borussia Dortmund on loan. TBH I think a lot of it was bad luck, and not giving it all he should be giving.

I hope he does good at Dortmund, but what do you guys think will happen to Gundogan?

The fuss over leaving Dortmund is for these reasons I think:

1- Sahin is a BVB youth product (correct me if I am wrong),]

2- Sahin was central to BVBs tactics, and they very much wanted to keep him.

3- BVB were aiming to become a force in the Bundisliga and the CL (which is happening) right now, and Sahin took the short road to glory.

4- Sahin was a fan favorite, and they hoped that he would have some meausre of loyalty to the team and the fans.

While true that many players would jump to a bigger club, BVB is a club in transition and they feel it unfair that they are always trampled on the big boys. Another example of a similar situation is Lavezzi, although Napoli fans are not angry at him for leaving. He at least stuck around and only agreed to go to ISG after Napoli missed out on the CL.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri 11 Jan - 13:53

Lord Spencer wrote:
Casciavit wrote:I don't understand, why there was such a fuss over him leaving Dortmund. I mean 99 percent of players, who are presented with an opportunity to join a bigger/prestigious club, will move to that club, especially at that age. Get real, Real Madrid will always have more of an appeal, to a player then Borussia Dortmund. And then bad luck came into play during his time at Madrid, injuries, overlooked, etc. He was then loaned out to Liverpool, according to Liverpool fans he was lazy, and played at AM (not his natural position). And in their recent outing against Mansfield, he decided not to travel with the team. Now he's back at Borussia Dortmund on loan. TBH I think a lot of it was bad luck, and not giving it all he should be giving.

3- BVB were aiming to become a force in the Bundisliga and the CL (which is happening) right now, and Sahin took the short road to glory.

4- Sahin was a fan favorite, and they hoped that he would have some meausre of loyalty to the team and the fans.

While true that many players would jump to a bigger club, BVB is a club in transition and they feel it unfair that they are always trampled on the big boys. Another example of a similar situation is Lavezzi, although Napoli fans are not angry at him for leaving. He at least stuck around and only agreed to go to ISG after Napoli missed out on the CL.

When I said fuss I meant things like: ''he should have never left'', it annoys me quite a tad bit, why? Because they're are looking at the supporter view and not the player view. I mentioned the player and the neutral's view. The supporter view has been mentioned, countless of times already. But I won't entirely blame Sahin on this move, would you rather go to a world class team, that can compete and make a far run in the champions league and possibly win it? Or stay at BVB a team that will not win the champions league? He got 3x the wages, he went to the club he dreamed to support as a kid, and he made the step every young player wants to make in his career, go to an elite club.

Luck was not on his side, and now he's back, and the supporters will have a different image of him. But if you look at it in his view and a neutrals view, he had every right to move.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri 11 Jan - 14:01

Casciavit wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

When I said fuss I meant things like: ''he should have never left'', it annoys me quite a tad bit, why? Because they're are looking at the supporter view and not the player view. I mentioned the player and the neutral's view. The supporter view has been mentioned, countless of times already. But I won't entirely blame Sahin on this move, would you rather go to a world class team, that can compete and make a far run in the champions league and possibly win it? Or stay at BVB a team that will not win the champions league? He got 3x the wages, he went to the club he dreamed to support as a kid, and he made the step every young player wants to make in his career, go to an elite club.

Luck was not on his side, and now he's back, and the supporters will have a different image of him. But if you look at it in his view and a neutrals view, he had every right to move.

If Milan players of the 80 thought like that, Milan wouldn't be the big club it is today. Players who only think on the shirt term and don't pay back the loyalty the club shown them usually does not earn the supporters or the neutral's sympathy.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 11 Jan - 14:05

How about a 3 man midfield consisting of Bender, Sahin and Gundogan?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri 11 Jan - 14:23

Bit funny people keep blaming Rodgers for Sahin's time at LFC.

Allen was playing out of position the entire time, while Sahin spent about half of his LFC career in a CM position akin to his favoured role. He struggled to make any impact at all in that role, and his standout performances came while he was playing in a CAM role further forward... one he publicly complained about occupying despite his relative success there.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri 11 Jan - 14:47

Yohan Modric wrote:How about a 3 man midfield consisting of Bender, Sahin and Gundogan?

then one of gotze or reus will be sacrificed which wouldnt make sense or be fair

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Percival Faust Fri 11 Jan - 14:59

------------ Bender
--- Gündogan ------ Sahin
-- Götze ------------- Reus
-------- Lewandowski

It's possible, but it's also a system change and would require some time getting used to. But it's good to have options, of course.

In case Lewandowski leaves (which is likely) and Dortmund can't find a suitable replacement, the 3-man midfield could become more likely:

------------ Bender
--- Gündogan ------ Sahin
-- Kuba ------------- Götze
------------- Reus

Dr. Percival Faust
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Fri 11 Jan - 16:09

The way Reus and Goetze are linking up so well now, it would take a madman to break that up for a player who hasn't had good fitness and form for over a year now...

Saying that I think its a good depth signing and should help BVB
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 11 Jan - 16:20

julias wrote:The way Reus and Goetze are linking up so well now, it would take a madman to break that up for a player who hasn't had good fitness and form for over a year now...

Saying that I think its a good depth signing and should help BVB

Tbf Sahin doesn't really effect Goetze and Reus.... he effects Bender and Gundogan.

At least it gives them more creativity and depth so they can rest the likes of Gundogan and Gotze in some games and play Sahin at CM and Leitner at AM and it shouldn't effect them too much.

When Gundogan and Gotze have been missing they have really struggled as Leitner had to play CM and no real AM, so good for them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 11 Jan - 16:24

Not sure why he'd return to Dortmund if he isn't going to start.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 11 Jan - 16:34

Yohan Modric wrote:Not sure why he'd return to Dortmund if he isn't going to start.
Because Dortmund is still his home and he needs some comfort and people who support him to get back on track?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 11 Jan - 16:40

rwo power wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Not sure why he'd return to Dortmund if he isn't going to start.
Because Dortmund is still his home and he needs some comfort and people who support him to get back on track?

But does Dortmund supporting him mean he'll start regularly?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri 11 Jan - 16:52

Yohan Modric wrote:But does Dortmund supporting him mean he'll start regularly?
Well, I won't second-guess Kloppo, but I think he will have to rotate to accommodate BL and CL. And depending on the result of the DFB-Pokal QF, there are up to 3 matches there, too. I think he will get starts, but I have no idea how regularly. In any case, I think he will feel better in a well-known environment than somewhere abroad.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri 11 Jan - 16:56

I don't really think the environments the problem. He just hasn't been really starting every game at Real Madrid and Liverpool. I think he needs to start every game in his correct position.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next