Giorgio[ne] Chiellini: Center Back or Left Back ?

+11
zarola
pasquale22
LWL91
eddy
juve_gigi
AttacanteBG
DeviAngel
Luca
The_ItalianFool
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
JuvenelCuore
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Giorgio[ne] Chiellini: Center Back or Left Back ?

Giorgio[ne] Chiellini: Center Back or Left Back ? Vote_lcap71%Giorgio[ne] Chiellini: Center Back or Left Back ? Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 12 ]
Giorgio[ne] Chiellini: Center Back or Left Back ? Vote_lcap29%Giorgio[ne] Chiellini: Center Back or Left Back ? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 5 ]
Giorgio[ne] Chiellini: Center Back or Left Back ? Vote_lcap0%Giorgio[ne] Chiellini: Center Back or Left Back ? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Giorgio[ne] Chiellini: Center Back or Left Back ? Vote_lcap0%Giorgio[ne] Chiellini: Center Back or Left Back ? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 17

Giorgio[ne] Chiellini: Center Back or Left Back ? Empty Giorgio[ne] Chiellini: Center Back or Left Back ?

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:10 pm

Personally, if Juventus can get a great center back during the January transfer window, I would love to see Giorgio[ne] Chiellini as a left back.

Why ? It is his natural position, after all, and he looks more comfortable there, and he is improving immensely at getting forward.

Thoughts ? :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Giorgio[ne] Chiellini: Center Back or Left Back ? Empty Re: Giorgio[ne] Chiellini: Center Back or Left Back ?

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:10 pm

Right now. He needs to play LB. When a new LB comes, back to CB.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Giorgio[ne] Chiellini: Center Back or Left Back ? Empty Re: Giorgio[ne] Chiellini: Center Back or Left Back ?

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:12 pm

He is obviously much better at CB, and has the physique of a CB. We need to get a starting LB and put Chiellini back in his proper position with Bonucci going down to the bench.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:13 pm

I think it depends for me who is brought in at CB or LB. Right now, I think Giorgio Chiellini is an admirable LB and if a CB can be brought it, I would keep him as he is. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:13 pm

Wherever the *bleep* he wants to play!
This man is the future captain, top defender

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:16 pm

CB ..
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Those saying CB? Are you sure you want him currently there... meaning we have to play with a Old man Grosso and Poor Form De Ceglie?
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:21 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Those saying CB? Are you sure you want him currently there... meaning we have to play with a Old man Grosso and Poor Form De Ceglie?

Well, Antonio, I am asking the question assuming a quality CB is bought in January. Giorgio[ne] Chiellini is at LB as it is an emergency situation, but pretend that you could choose and that the CBs are as good as the LBs. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:23 pm

If Juventus could sign Criscito > Chiellini is a CB :dance:

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:28 pm

Luca wrote:If Juventus could sign Criscito > Chiellini is a CB :dance:

That would be a case I would say that would make me move Giorgio[ne] Chiellini.

Unfortunately, Domenico Criscito already said that his heart lies with Genoa, not Juventus. Sad

Too bad he was sold. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:30 pm

I think we need to define the question here a bit better.

Given that we can, and hypothetically lets say we will, buy a quality LB or CB in January. Would you want us to buy a CB and make Chiellini a LB, or would you want to buy a LB and make Chiellni a CB?
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:30 pm

Center back.

Why moving world class back to get the solid Left back
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:31 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:Center back.

Well, he is naturally a left-back, but as I said, I think it all depends on who is brought in. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:33 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:

Well, he is naturally a left-back, but as I said, I think it all depends on who is brought in. :coffee:

By 'naturally a left-back,' I'm guessing you mean he started at LB?

In terms of natural, he is a much more natural fit as a CB than LB....
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:34 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Luca wrote:If Juventus could sign Criscito > Chiellini is a CB :dance:

That would be a case I would say that would make me move Giorgio[ne] Chiellini.

Unfortunately, Domenico Criscito already said that his heart lies with Genoa, not Juventus. Sad

Too bad he was sold. :coffee:

His heart lies in Russia now Sad

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:20 pm

Luca wrote:Wherever the *bleep* he wants to play!

Claudio Marchisio... :coffee:
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:23 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:I think we need to define the question here a bit better.

Given that we can, and hypothetically lets say we will, buy a quality LB or CB in January. Would you want us to buy a CB and make Chiellini a LB, or would you want to buy a LB and make Chiellni a CB?

I would prefer Chiellini stay at CB, where he is world class, and purchase a top flight LB like Kolarov or Criscito. At the very least we could bring in someone like Balzaretti, who is playing well, has a natural left foot, and will be fairly cheap to get. He is a major upgrade over Grosso and PDC.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:24 pm

Well looking at Buffon's age
If he plays until he is 40 for Juventus (7 more years)
Chiellini, assuming he remains will be 34 years old
Marchisio will be 32 years old

Either or
I think Chiellini could easily take it
Still a lot to be desired from Marchisio's leadership, he does not seem the type of player to scream orders at others, Chiellini is more like that in my opinion

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:25 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
Luca wrote:Wherever the *bleep* he wants to play!

Claudio Marchisio... :coffee:

:bow:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:29 pm

Luca wrote:Well looking at Buffon's age

Either or
Still a lot to be desired from Marchisio's leadership, he does not seem the type of player to scream orders at others, Chiellini is more like that in my opinion

No Marchisio is not a screamer, but neither is ADP. Chiellini is like Conte and Marchisio is like ADP. I'm sure both would be great captains, but at the end of the day I believe the nod will go to Marchisio. We will see next year. Or Conte could just make Gigi captain. That may happen as well. But my money goes to Marchisio, especially if he dominates at Euro 2012.
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:31 pm

Chiellini has some weak spots as left back.he is lacking decisions when it comes to attacking play and he usually makes mistakes.he is crazy at defense and he supports our CB.

Chiel is for sure alot better than De Ceglie and Grosso but we need to find a player for that position.

so using him as LB and CB depends if we sign a good left back.
eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:37 pm

juve_gigi wrote:
Luca wrote:Well looking at Buffon's age

Either or

No Marchisio is not a screamer, but neither is ADP. Chiellini is like Conte and Marchisio is like ADP. I'm sure both would be great captains, but at the end of the day I believe the nod will go to Marchisio. We will see next year. Or Conte could just make Gigi captain. That may happen as well. But my money goes to Marchisio, especially if he dominates at Euro 2012.

That is true
Yeah, I am naturally assuming that Buffon is already the next captain but we will see
All three are worthy

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:28 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:

"naturally"? if naturally means that it was the position of when the player was younger and broke though OR the position of when the current player turned world class. Chiellini has adapted to the LB right now, but that doesn't make this permanent because he plays well. It's this simple:

Chiellini at CB = currently good, potentially world class
Chiellini at LB = currently good, potentially very good

It's quite obvious to me that a player with world class potential should get the chance to do so. We sign a class LB in january and the decision is made. Basta.

Marchisio is a naturally COM because he played there in the primavera too then??? He's CM and scoring the goals he does because of his former position - he's a CM with offensive duties - not a concrete COM.. :study:
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Well, Chiellini did start his career there so it is not really an adapted position, he is comfortable there more and more each game, today he showed how he can go forward with some success (there were some clumsy passes but that happens) he did assist the goal but you can obviously, obviously see the difference between him on the left and Lichtsteiner, who was really, naturally moving forward.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:34 pm

Kolarov/Santon for LB and Giorgio CB
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next