Art Morte
Twoism
Red Alert
LeBéninois
Lupi
47 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

what is exactly happening to Balotelli? - Page 4 Empty Re: what is exactly happening to Balotelli?

Post by Lex Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:17 pm

nichabr wrote:Balo on his day is just as good as any top striker out there and maybe even better.
On his day, as good as RVP? Ibra? Aguero? Falcao? Cavani?

what is exactly happening to Balotelli? - Page 4 Smiley-laughing024

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

what is exactly happening to Balotelli? - Page 4 Empty Re: what is exactly happening to Balotelli?

Post by windkick Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:24 pm

Dude is insanely over rated and his attitude will get him nowhere
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:43 pm

On his day he is world class. On the same level as Benzema, a centet forward with excellent ball skills and vision. The only one better than him is Ibra in that regard. Has the potential to be among the best in the world, but needs a change of scenery. City has done nothing good for him. Despite his attitude, i would love him at Juve. Conte would straighten his attitude out i think, and with him id be 100% confident in saying wed beat anyone.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:17 pm

donttreadonred wrote:
daneq wrote:I really don't know what many of you are on about. Balo clearly has all the physical tools and is blessed in that regard. Obviously he is a hot head and is cursed by that restriction.

That said, I think he needs a change of scenery. He could legendary if he were to join the current Juve, imo.
Juve... Shocked

If Mancini had a go at him in training, what do you think Conte would do?

Conte might kill him...

Exactly why I suggested it. Just what he needs. Not to be coddled, but depended on and a situation where he is forced to grow up.

... And Benz and Balo are very different. Sure both have talent that is being held back by their mentality. But I see their natural skill sets are almost opposite as well as their attitudes.
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:26 pm

Both are Target men with great on-the-ball skills and creativity. Kinda like Ibra (though not nearly to that extent), instead of like Dzeko or Giroud for example who are pure poachers. Thats why i made that comparison.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:35 pm

juventus101 wrote:Both are Target men with great on-the-ball skills and creativity. Kinda like Ibra (though not nearly to that extent), instead of like Dzeko or Giroud for example who are pure poachers. Thats why i made that comparison.

I see Benz as more of a SS. His link up and build up is among the best when he's on form. I've always felt he would excel more with a striking partner

I dno maybe I'm crazy, but I think they would compliment each other very well.
Sure, I can agree that Balo is a poor mans Ibra. Target man with decent ball skills
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:40 pm

Youre a Madrid fan so obviiusly youve seen more of Benz than me, but ive seen alot and i still think hes a target man, just one with very good build up, that could play as an SS. Balotelli could also play as an SS very effectively in my opinion. But i see them both with a more creative forward next to them. Either way theyre both in the Ibra-style hybrid mould.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:25 pm

Honestly I'm probably splitting hairs. They both have the raw talent to be world beaters, but leave much to be desired, which was your initial point.

That said it's not really fair to compare either to Ibra. Ibra is the most complete CF these past couple years :bow:
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:03 am

daneq wrote:
juventus101 wrote:Both are Target men with great on-the-ball skills and creativity. Kinda like Ibra (though not nearly to that extent), instead of like Dzeko or Giroud for example who are pure poachers. Thats why i made that comparison.

I see Benz as more of a SS. His link up and build up is among the best when he's on form. I've always felt he would excel more with a striking partner

I dno maybe I'm crazy, but I think they would compliment each other very well.
Sure, I can agree that Balo is a poor mans Ibra. Target man with decent ball skills

I totally agree with you. the duo Benz- another striker would be deadly
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:28 am

Lex wrote:
nichabr wrote:Balo on his day is just as good as any top striker out there and maybe even better.
On his day, as good as RVP? Ibra? Aguero? Falcao? Cavani?

what is exactly happening to Balotelli? - Page 4 Smiley-laughing024

All of those aside from Ibra and maybe Cavani yes he is better on his day and he has proven it in Serie A when he was actually developing well.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:34 am

Are we actually implying that Balotelli is on par with Van Persie and Falcao? Based on how he used to perform in Italy?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:53 am

nichabr wrote:All of those aside from Ibra and maybe Cavani yes he is better on his day and he has proven it in Serie A when he was actually developing well.

Proven what ? lol

If he was so good and was developing soooo well why couldnt he lock down a starting spot at Inter ?

And how many such 'days' have there been where he actually has looked like a WC quality striker ?

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:08 am

As far as I'm concerned he's proven absolutely nothing. A couple great games here and there mean nothing. It's a poor argument. On his day he is as good as the previously mentioned strikers? But they strikers don't need an unusually good day to perform that way. An off day for Ibra usually involves a scrappy goal and an assist. A regular Balotelli game includes him in a strop with his head down doing nothing and getting into sticky situations.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:04 am

Looks like being at Milan is what he needed...
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:57 am

windkick wrote:Dude is insanely over rated and his attitude will get him nowhere

this
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:02 am

Abramovich wrote:
ynwa wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Nothing, he's just not very good....

He's superior to every Newcastle player you currently possess...

What a stupid ass post, Ronaldo is better than any Liverpool player doesn't mean you can't criticize him? Without being childish.

I don't criticize Ronaldo. He's the second best player in the world and for the right reasons. So I guess the jokes on you.

Anyway, I just found it amusing how Balotelli has (or had? depending on the knee-jerk world, Balotelli might actually get some recognition now. 4 goals in 3 games isn't too shabby) "no talent" yet Newcastle apparently deserve to be playing in a European competition because they possess "stars".
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:31 am

@YNWA

What the hell is your problem?

I'm allowed to criticize players even if they are better than the players my club has.

Don't be so childish.... also we deserve european competition?

No we don't, you don't deserve anything in life you have to go out and get it.

Last season we deserved it yes because we put in the performances but this season no we don't....

These petty stabs are growing a bit tiresome tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:35 am

...Back on topic, i think Balo is really the CF that we have been looking for. His understanding in the final 1/3 is great, he set up Niang with a few chances, and sent KPB on goal, Not to mention his finishing and FK abilities. I just think he needs to develop a bit more, not to be a little hot-headed in the match, and im sure he can be a great striker one day
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:47 am

I wonder if people still consider him Talent-less because he has shown nothing but quality since he came and has fit in great so far.

4 goals in 3 games ,2 penalties ,1 from open play and 1 from a free-kick.....very zlatan-esque performances aswell with great distribution and movement.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:58 am

nichabr wrote:I wonder if people still consider him Talent-less because he has shown nothing but quality since he came and has fit in great so far.

4 goals in 3 games ,2 penalties ,1 from open play and 1 from a free-kick.....very zlatan-esque performances aswell with great distribution and movement.

No one said he's talentless though, just nowhere near as good as hyped and he hasn't showing anything in these games which i haven't seen before.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
nichabr wrote:I wonder if people still consider him Talent-less because he has shown nothing but quality since he came and has fit in great so far.

No one said he's talentless though, just nowhere near as good as hyped and he hasn't showing anything in these games which i haven't seen before.

How much is he hyped? When he was at Inter he was the best youngster in the league....All the hype he was getting is because he has the potential to be that good....Every coach he has had knows it and most of his fans know it aswell.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:35 pm

Surag wrote:
nichabr wrote:All of those aside from Ibra and maybe Cavani yes he is better on his day and he has proven it in Serie A when he was actually developing well.

Proven what ? lol

If he was so good and was developing soooo well why couldnt he lock down a starting spot at Inter ?

And how many such 'days' have there been where he actually has looked like a WC quality striker ?

At Inter at the time he was 17-19 yrs, (Messi at that age wasn't a starter for Barca); for a team pushing for all competitions under a coach like Mourinho, where if you are not ready don't expect much game time, it won't be easy for Balo to, plus his mental issues of course.

Mourinho won't give you many chances, and I remember when Mourinho said that he spent 14 mins at half time addressing Balotelli that he is the only available striker and he should be careful of not getting a red, and some mins in second half he gets a red. rofl

Anyway I believe he is finally comfortable and he is where he always wanted to be. Last nights' game was a joy to watch and see Balotelli keeping his cool, the way he was harassed by Parma players was just crazy and tiring to watch, if he was playing for Man City and was harassed that way I am 100% sure he would have been sent off early in the game.

Anyway lets all not forget his age, the guy is still young and has to develop that strong mentally, that will enable him show all what he is capable of doing.

baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:03 pm

Plus the guy has more silverware than many already established WC players like, Buffon and Chiellini for instance. rofl
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:29 pm

How much is he hyped? When he was at Inter he was the best youngster in the league....All the hype he was getting is because he has the potential to be that good....Every coach he has had knows it and most of his fans know it aswell.

He was voted one of the best 23 best footballers the past year, for instance
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:43 pm

Much of the hype he got was for the things he did off the pitch, much wasnt even true.

Strong character yesterday, he was scratched on the face and hit in the back of his head, still remained calm considering the circumstances. The ref should have given a red card but didnt see anything :facepalm: .

He deserves praise for what he is doing for us so far. Without him we would have lost a lot of points the last 3 games.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:50 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:@YNWA

What the hell is your problem?

I'm allowed to criticize players even if they are better than the players my club has.

Don't be so childish.... also we deserve european competition?

No we don't, you don't deserve anything in life you have to go out and get it.

Last season we deserved it yes because we put in the performances but this season no we don't....

These petty stabs are growing a bit tiresome tbh.

You're allowed to criticize players, that's fine. But to say Balotelli has "no talent" when he's one of the best up and coming players in the world is just stupid.

Also, these "petty stabs" are what you gave Liverpool all of last season week in week out. lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next