Valkyrja
RealGunner
Lord Spencer
The Franchise
Blue Barrett
39 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pick a team that could beat the FIFA XI In A One-off Match Empty Pick a team that could beat the FIFA XI In A One-off Match

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:22 pm

You abviously cannot pick a player who's already in the world XI.

FIFA FIFPro World XI: Casillas Alves, Pique, Ramos, Marcelo Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Falcao, Cristiano Ronaldo.(4-3-3)

I'll start

My team: Buffon; Lahm, Chiellini, Hummels, Cole; Yaya, Pirlo; Suarez, Mata, Bale; Van Persie.(4-2-3-1)
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Pick a team that could beat the FIFA XI In A One-off Match Empty Re: Pick a team that could beat the FIFA XI In A One-off Match

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:27 pm

Well that FIFA team will have the ball most of the game, so I dont know if I want Yaya and Pirlo the two guys responsible for stopping Messi/protecting the back 4.

Its difficult.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Pick a team that could beat the FIFA XI In A One-off Match Empty Re: Pick a team that could beat the FIFA XI In A One-off Match

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:30 pm

The Franchise wrote:Well that FIFA team will have the ball most of the game, so I dont know if I want Yaya and Pirlo the two guys responsible for stopping Messi/protecting the back 4.

Its difficult.
I think the side I picked are a brilliant counter attacking unit(Bale, Mata, Suarez) with a solid CDM & a DLP to release quick and precise passes to the attackers. I think they could contain the Barca-like passing quite well.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:35 pm

No problem with the counter attack, but I fear the defence will be exposed too much. Yaya and Pirlo wont stand much of a chance vs the Barca 3 in the middle honestly.

Anyway, tactics are probably more important than the players in this hypothetical situation because that FIFA team, from midfield to attack is the most talented you can put together.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:39 pm

You have a good point. What team would you pick? As difficult as it may be
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Last Season's Chelsea.

In a one off match, all it takes is one goal.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:42 pm

--------------------------------------Cech-----------------------------------------------

Sagna------------------Silva------------------Koscielny--------------------Alba

----------------------------Vidal---------------Fellaini---------------------------------

Walcott---------------------------Fabregas-------------------------------Bale

---------------------------------Rooney--------------------------------------------
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:46 pm

Neuer
Lahm Silva Vidic Filipe Luis/Cacktrao
Vidal De Rossi
Rooney Ozil Ribery
Ibrahimovic
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:46 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:You have a good point. What team would you pick? As difficult as it may be

Ill go gym, think about it and come back with an answer Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:48 pm

---------------------Joe Hart-------------------------
------Silva---------De Rossi--------Chiellni--------
Valencia----------Camacho---------------------Di Maria.
---------Vidal------------------Song-----------------
--------------V.P-------Rooney------------------------

Everyone on this team is just plain scrappy except at the back. Since the back is where the ball is going to be the majority of the time I want some guile there. They don't need to be able to play the ball out of defense, they need to be able to get the ball out of the box without giving it away.

I'm prepared to give them possession but I'm not prepared to let them get near the box.

I didn't want to scrap the model going forward, being able to control the ball started to matter less because guys are going to get less touches.All four guys can get onto a cross or they can make a final ball.

3 of them can finish the chances.

Main source of offense will naturally be through the wings. Players looking for freekicks or looking to cross. Try to get Marcelo or Alves carded and not let them push forward.

A real staple is going to be over the top balls to Van Persie. Ramos is going is going to lose him, Pique is going to lose him, and he's just feeling it right now, he'll volley it first time , he'll do it economically. He can make the right release passes as well which is huge.

Don't pester me about Camacho. He's good. He's tactically aware and he's going to annoy every attacking midfielder on the pitch. Also hes an aerial threat.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:49 pm

---------------Neuer
---Lahm---Silva---Puyol---Cole
-------------Busquets---
-----------Ozil----Modric
-----Silva-------------Neymar
-------------Benzema

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:54 pm

I think I'd like to try full-strength Bayern against them. You won't be able to go against that team with a collection of players that don't work as a proper team, and as Barca and Real are missing too many players as they are in the above selection, Bayern it should be (or Juve, I guess).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:59 pm

It's problematic because the FIFPro team is not really designed as a team, but as the best players in that position without any consideration for how they work as a team.

Anyways...

Cech
Lich - TS - Barza - F. Luis
DDR - Yaya
Robben - Zlatan - Ribery
Falcao RVP

Coach: Simeone

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:15 pm

--Neuer--
--Lahm-- --Barzagli-- --Chiellini-- --Cole--
--Schweini/Vidal-- --Pirlo-- --Marchisio--
--Gotze-- --Ibrahimovic-- --Ribery--

A full strength Bayern or Juve would also have a chance, but we waste so many chances it would be tough.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:22 pm

-----------------Cech-------------------
Lahm----T.Silva---Subotic------Cole
----------DDR------Busquets--------
---Walcott-----Suarez--------Bale--
------------------Ibrahimovic---------

Reasons ?
Defense has to be tight, and defending comes ahead of attacking. One no non-sense defenser in Subotic, and another leader in Silva. Both fullbacks, focus more on defending than attacking, Cole with vast amount of experience and Lahm as well.

Due to amazing attacking power of FIFA team, both DMs have to be defensive minded. Busquets to pick up Messi's runs and press Iniesta, while DDR brings more physicality to the team, and sometimes can join the attack too. DDR over Yaya, since Yaya is terrible defensively.

Attack, has to be VERY VERY direct. None of this passing bullshit.

Both Alves and Marcelo attack a lot and leave plenty of space behind. Hence I'd want 2 very fast wingers to exploit it on counter attack. no one better than Walcott and Bale out there for that. I fancy Bale to absolutely rape Alves by the way.

Ibrahimovic as sole CF because he can hold up the ball, and physically dominate both Pique and Ramos. Suarez just behind him because he offers a totally different threat than Ibrahimovic, and he will harrass and press Alonso who is FIFA's sole DM.

PS. None of this German scrubs, because they are proven flops against tiki-taka

Last edited by Harry Redknapp on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:23 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:It's problematic because the FIFPro team is not really designed as a team, but as the best players in that position without any consideration for how they work as a team.

Anyways...

Cech
Lich - TS - Barza - F. Luis
DDR - Yaya
Robben - Zlatan - Ribery
Falcao

Coach: Simeone
FIFA FIFPro World XI: Casillas Alves, Pique, Ramos, Marcelo Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Falcao, Cristiano Ronaldo.(4-3-3)
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:55 pm

Oh come on, I can understand the EPL bias, but how can you possibly but Cech in goal versus Buffon, Neur or Handanovic?

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:57 pm

Stoke City at Britannia and...

Gigi Buffon

Andrea Barzagli- Thiago Silva - Hugo Campagnaro

De Rossi

Juan Mata - Yaya Toure - Arturo Vidal - Gareth Bale

Robin Van Persie - Zlatan Ibrahimovic

and a more offensive team:

Gigi Buffon

Glen Johnson - Andrea Barzagli - Thiago Silva - Philip Lahm

Arturo Vidal

Juan Mata - Wayne Rooney

Robin Van Persie - Edinson Cavani - Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Troll teams Twisted Evil
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:03 am

--Neuer--
--Lahm-- --Dede-- --T Silva-- --Cole--
--Ramires-- --Vidal-- --Marchisio--
--Walcott-- --Ibrahimovic-- --Bale--

Pace whorish Twisted Evil

Defense will be a rock, with experience and physicality.

Midfield gonna press them Spaniards, bundles of energy lets do this :bow:

Attack Ibra to hold up ball / pure counter attack on the wings.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:09 am

norton wrote:Oh come on, I can understand the EPL bias, but how can you possibly but Cech in goal versus Buffon, Neur or Handanovic?

several reasons:

Cech is a proven and ultimate big game player

His height is a big advantages and he can stretch himself massively.

He's already beaten a tiki-taka team, so that confidence in him is key.

AS FEW GERMAN PLAYERS AS POSSIBLE. none of that loser mentality needed in this game. We need 11 team of battlers and soldiers who'd sweat blood

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:17 am

Harry Redknapp wrote:
norton wrote:Oh come on, I can understand the EPL bias, but how can you possibly but Cech in goal versus Buffon, Neur or Handanovic?

several reasons:

Cech is a proven and ultimate big game player

His height is a big advantages and he can stretch himself massively.

He's already beaten a tiki-taka team, so that confidence in him is key.

AS FEW GERMAN PLAYERS AS POSSIBLE. none of that loser mentality needed in this game. We need 11 team of battlers and soldiers who'd sweat blood

+ Messi is yet to score against him?
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:18 am

Cech
Azpilicueta - Pepe - Demichelis - Zanetti
Banega - Busquets - Wilshere
Navas - Aguero - Lavezzi

ez

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:20 am

--Neuer--
--Piszczek-- --Barzagli-- --T Silva-- --Cole--
--Schweini-- --Pirlo-- --Vidal--
--Mata-- --Ibrahimovic-- --Ribery--

Piszczek doesn't get enough recognition in imo, was vital for Dortmund's 2 trophies. Barzagli was the most consistent defender in 2012. Put in Silva because he has the best brain for defending, not to mention his pace. Wanted to put Lahm but Cole really outdid himself in the CL.

I really am torned between DDR and Schweini. Went with Piggy since he performed at top level (bar a few games i know) Pirlo had to be in here, Vidal also had one of the best seasons around and was a cog in Juve's title and unbeaten streak.

Ibra is self explanatory, had to put Mata in, he was influential in every sense of the word for Chelsea. Ribery because one of the world's best LW and had an immense season for Bayern
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:23 am

I am astonished how some people want to out-tikitaka the FIFA Team.

It's impossible, bunch of Joachim Leows in GL to be fair

and Schweini rofl Laughing rofl Laughing , is there a more proven flop against the Spanish trio than this dude ? Ozil maybe Laughing

Inter and Chelsea beat Barca. Common nominator ?

- No-nonsense defense. none of this attacking fullback crap
- 2 strong defensive midfielders who stuck to defending
- a big CF to hoof the ball to
- 2 fast runners to support the centre forward (Ramires, Eto'o)

do people remember Mata was easily Chelsea's worst player against Barca ? you don't play Matas and Silvas of this world against Barca....you go the exact opposite approach

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:31 am

Cech - Best keeper in the World along with Gigi
Lahm - Complete footballer, offers balance with Ramires
Silva - Has the pace to deal with Messi and Ronaldo and can distribute from the back
Ivanovic - Would manhandle Falcao on crosses and nick a goal on the other end
Cole - Eats Cristiano's for breakfast. Will clear off line
De Rossi - Defense
Vidal - More defense
Yaya - Counter Attack brah
Bale - Defense, counter attack, crossing for striker
Ramires - Defense, counter attack, balance
Drogba - Big game duh, who else?

Cech
Lahm, Silva, Ivanovic, Cole
De Rossi
Ramires Vidal Yaya Bale
Drogba

Come at me.

Last edited by Gil on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next