mr-r34
McAgger
donttreadonred
Art Morte
Nishankly
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Liverpool vs Sunderland | 2 January 1945GMT | Wednesday | Premier League | - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool vs Sunderland | 2 January 1945GMT | Wednesday | Premier League |

Post by peerless Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:45 pm

Liverpool vs Sunderland | 2 January 1945GMT | Wednesday | Premier League | - Page 2 1357161012739

Decent hoof from Steven Gerrard, caught by Luis Suarez scoring an unbelievable goal for the second match in a row. The way he brings the crowd to their feet is amazing.

I can guarantee that there is no other player in our squad that could have possibly controlled and scored that ball.

peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs Sunderland | 2 January 1945GMT | Wednesday | Premier League | - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool vs Sunderland | 2 January 1945GMT | Wednesday | Premier League |

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:48 pm

Now thats more like it Peerless. Stick by this section and contribute more in more, you'll feel at home in no time.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:57 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Now thats more like it Peerless. Stick by this section and contribute more in more, you'll feel at home in no time.

The two Gerrard-nuthuggers will always think of me as a troll. Laughing
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:08 am

peerIess wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Now thats more like it Peerless. Stick by this section and contribute more in more, you'll feel at home in no time.

He was arguably MOTM and you are still hating on him. Laughing He deliver's a inch perfect assist and you call it a hoof. Liverpool vs Sunderland | 2 January 1945GMT | Wednesday | Premier League | - Page 2 123n7r
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:27 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
peerIess wrote:

He was arguably MOTM and you are still hating on him. Laughing He deliver's a inch perfect assist and you call it a hoof. Liverpool vs Sunderland | 2 January 1945GMT | Wednesday | Premier League | - Page 2 123n7r

The best player on the pitch for Liverpool Football Club was Luis Suarez. I'm not even sure how this can even be contested. It is definitely a hoof. A long ball from his half to the attacking third, being blessed with atrocious defending by Sunderland Football Club?

Please do not call that assist inch-perfect. That is an insult to every brilliant ball that were actually inch-perfect. If it weren't for Luis Suarez controlling the ball, dribbling it, and scoring it, the hoof would be nothing.

This is an "inch-perfect assist", courtesy of David Beckham:
Liverpool vs Sunderland | 2 January 1945GMT | Wednesday | Premier League | - Page 2 Beckham-ronaldo-o

Now tell me that I am trolling you or something along those lines. Liverpool vs Sunderland | 2 January 1945GMT | Wednesday | Premier League | - Page 2 3CGdX
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:38 am

peerIess wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
peerIess wrote:

The best player on the pitch for Liverpool Football Club was Luis Suarez. I'm not even sure how this can even be contested. It is definitely a hoof. A long ball from his half to the attacking third, being blessed with atrocious defending by Sunderland Football Club?

Please do not call that assist inch-perfect. That is an insult to every brilliant ball that were actually inch-perfect. If it weren't for Luis Suarez controlling the ball, dribbling it, and scoring it, the hoof would be nothing.

This is an "inch-perfect assist", courtesy of David Beckham:
Liverpool vs Sunderland | 2 January 1945GMT | Wednesday | Premier League | - Page 2 Beckham-ronaldo-o

Now tell me that I am trolling you or something along those lines. Liverpool vs Sunderland | 2 January 1945GMT | Wednesday | Premier League | - Page 2 3CGdX

In my mind, hoofball means you're doing it poorly, not just any long ball willy-nilly. It means a "hit and hope" strategy. Gerrard gets these passes right a couple times every game, and it shows in his assists tally.

And to clarify, despite the username I'm not a "Gerrard nuthugger." I've actually said several times this season that he needs to be rotated and shouldn't be a guaranteed starter, and I stand by that. I just find your negativity overbearing and often unsupported by facts (or at least by arguments). You make statements as though they are self-evident and then mock the people who disagree with you, even when they are respected posters and support their claims with evidence - something you almost never do. I don't take umbrage with your Gerrard comments; I take umbrage with the manner in which you lower the collective intelligence of a group of people I've grown to respect.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:03 am

stevieg8 wrote:In my mind, hoofball means you're doing it poorly, not just any long ball willy-nilly. It means a "hit and hope" strategy. Gerrard gets these passes right a couple times every game, and it shows in his assists tally.

And to clarify, despite the username I'm not a "Gerrard nuthugger." I've actually said several times this season that he needs to be rotated and shouldn't be a guaranteed starter, and I stand by that. I just find your negativity overbearing and often unsupported by facts (or at least by arguments). You make statements as though they are self-evident and then mock the people who disagree with you, even when they are respected posters and support their claims with evidence - something you almost never do. I don't take umbrage with your Gerrard comments; I take umbrage with the manner in which you lower the collective intelligence of a group of people I've grown to respect.

Hoof-ball is a term used for long-ball football. A hoof is synonymous with a hoof. For example, Michael Williamson is known as arguably the biggest "hoofballer" in the Barclays Premier League. Against Everton today, he attempted 21 defensive clearances. Michael Williamson also averages 14 defensive clearances per match. Michael Williamson is a hoofballer.

A long ball that isn't a hoof is the one that is shown above, hit by David Beckham. The hoof is reliant on the player receiving it, as well as the defense's abilities. If the recipient collects the ball successfully, it was a successful hoof. If the defense fails, and the recipient scores, it was a successful hoof assist.

Liverpool vs Sunderland | 2 January 1945GMT | Wednesday | Premier League | - Page 2 Ruiz-kacaniklic-o

From 2 days ago. An adventurous hoof from the technical maestro Bryan Ruiz, brought down to perfection by Alex Kacaniklic. I can't even explain properly how perfectly he brought it down. Immaculate control are the only words I have for it. A crisp turn and a slick goal. Successful hoof is successful.

I don't think you are the person I am talking about. A couple days ago the Aggerswagger character and one administrator were calling me a troll because I said that Steven Gerrard is a cancer to the team and needs to be phased out.

I apologize if I offend you with my posts, but this is a football forum where others discuss opinions regarding the sport. I'm quite the knowledgeable football fan, so I don't really understand how you got that assumption. Laughing
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:10 am

And by the way, there is a difference between successful and poor hoofball.
Newcastle United Football Club are on average to attempt a 35+ yard hoof once in every 5 passing attempts. rofl

Newcastle United Football Club - 16.74% hoof balls - 15th place
Stoke City Football Club - 16.15% hoof balls - 10th place
West Bromwich Albion Football Club - 13.24% hoof balls - 7th place
Everton Football Club - 13.31% hoof balls - 5th place
Reading Football Club - 15.86% hoof balls - 19th place
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:47 am

I was pleased to see how Wisdom played today. Was great going forward and also had a decent defensive game though I prefer if tries to head most balls than do otherwise... Steven Gerrard played a big part in Liverpool keeping possession alongside Henderson and still hasn't lost his superb long balls! Surarez is a freak! End of Story...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:33 am

peerIess wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:In my mind, hoofball means you're doing it poorly, not just any long ball willy-nilly. It means a "hit and hope" strategy. Gerrard gets these passes right a couple times every game, and it shows in his assists tally.

Hoof-ball is a term used for long-ball football. A hoof is synonymous with a hoof. For example, Michael Williamson is known as arguably the biggest "hoofballer" in the Barclays Premier League. Against Everton today, he attempted 21 defensive clearances. Michael Williamson also averages 14 defensive clearances per match. Michael Williamson is a hoofballer.

A long ball that isn't a hoof is the one that is shown above, hit by David Beckham. The hoof is reliant on the player receiving it, as well as the defense's abilities. If the recipient collects the ball successfully, it was a successful hoof. If the defense fails, and the recipient scores, it was a successful hoof assist.

Liverpool vs Sunderland | 2 January 1945GMT | Wednesday | Premier League | - Page 2 Ruiz-kacaniklic-o

From 2 days ago. An adventurous hoof from the technical maestro Bryan Ruiz, brought down to perfection by Alex Kacaniklic. I can't even explain properly how perfectly he brought it down. Immaculate control are the only words I have for it. A crisp turn and a slick goal. Successful hoof is successful.

I don't think you are the person I am talking about. A couple days ago the Aggerswagger character and one administrator were calling me a troll because I said that Steven Gerrard is a cancer to the team and needs to be phased out.

I apologize if I offend you with my posts, but this is a football forum where others discuss opinions regarding the sport. I'm quite the knowledgeable football fan, so I don't really understand how you got that assumption. Laughing

You had a series of posts when you first arrived that seemed to be statements of opinion rather than analysis, but both here and in a few other threads (your most recent post in the January Transfer Thread was notable) have completely bucked that trend. I'm all for disagreement as long as there's something backing it up, so I apologize for getting hostile. I hope I continue to eat my words, it's always good to gain new passionate LFC fans here.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:56 am

There's a difference between the 'hollywood ball' or well, a lobbed pass, and a 'hoof'...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:41 am

peerIess wrote:

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:25 pm

talking about Gerrard's performance in this match, from my point of view he was the one who took part in almost every transition from defence to attack.
He was involved in the first goal, he not only won the header but tried to play the ball to Suarez. Then Suarez's brilliance was also equally important.
In the second goal- when Lucas clears the ball from inside the box, Gerrard runs quickly towards one side of the pitch and ball comes back towards him and he wins ball. His anticipation was so important to go to that part of the pitch, to get the ball and to play ball to Suarez. Off course, all the remaining work was done by Suarez. But hadnt Gerrard run in that midfield space and played ball to Suarez, there wouldnt have been the second goal.
Third goal- it doesnt matter by what name you call that ball from Gerrard. He was involved in that goal too. I dont think any other player would have thought of playing such a ball. Off course, here downing's run was also important as he took away one defender with him to create more space for Suarez.
Initially I thought too that probably Gerrard's time is up but he has certainly adapted to BR style. His experience is so important for the team. I have seen many times that Gerrard is watching from left to right even before ball comes to him. It is like he scans the pitch, gets the picture in his mind, which player is where and as soon as ball comes to him he plays it to the right person. In this style of play, it is so important to reduce the transition time from defence to attack. I guess Gerrard is a perfect element which is needed for us. He has that vision and we need him.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:41 pm

Great game, great holiday!

Every time I attend a game we win. To win the league in the future, I need to me a season ticket. If ye are true Liverpool fans ye will help me in this cause.

.....20 year waiting list..... :facepalm:
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2