Uncanny
El Chelsea Fuerte
Abramovich
Kick
Shed
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea Empty Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea

Post by Shed Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:19 am

Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea Tumblr_mx33a3xor61ruhh4yo1_1280

Chelsea will make a long, mid-week journey north to Wearside to face off against Sunderland for Premier League Matchday 14 on Wednesday, December 4th.

Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea 825154187

Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea 825153997

The two sides obtained differing results the weekend before in their Matchday 13 fixtures. Sunderland played out an uneventful 0-0 draw with Aston Villa at Villa Park, while Chelsea triumphed 3-1 over high-flying Premier League surprise-package Southampton at Stamford Bridge. The Blues bizarrely went behind after just 14 seconds after a bemusing and careless backpass from Michael Essien towards Petr Cech was capitalised on by Southampton forward Jay Rodriguez to put the Saints ahead. The Blues took control of the match soon after, but failed to break through before the interval. The second half, however, saw a rally from the Blues as Gary Cahill's equaliser after 55 minutes was followed up 7 minutes later by captain John Terry's header to put José Mourinho's men deservedly in front. Demba Ba's effort in the 90th minute gave Chelsea their third, and sewed up the 3 points in a weekend the Blues could ill afford to lose them, with the opportunity to capitalise on several title rivals all dropping points of their own opening up.

-

Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea Tumblr_mepzk67K6g1rwc3uvo3_250Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea Tumblr_mepzk67K6g1rwc3uvo4_250
-
Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea Tumblr_meqvw8qCY41r9yhy9o1_500_large

The corresponding fixture last season saw a struggling Chelsea under newly-appointed manager Rafa Benitez travel and just hours away from jetting off half-way around the world to face off in the FIFA Club World Cup in Japan, travel to a Sunderland side who were in free-fall under Martin O'Neill. The Blues took the lead after just over 10 minutes through Fernando Torres. Half an hour later, the Spaniard doubled his and Chelsea's account on the night through a penalty deep into first-half stoppage time. Juan Mata all but wrapped up the 3 points for Chelsea when he scored their 3rd just a few minutes after the interval, and the Blues' first league win under Rafa Benitez had finally been procured.

Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea Tumblr_mx353c2iEH1ruhh4yo1_500

Newly-appointed Black Cats boss Gus Poyet, of course, played for Chelsea for 4 years from 1997-2001, winning the '99 FA Cup, the 2000 Charity Shield, the 1998 UEFA Cup Winners Cup, and the '98 UEFA Super Cup, which his late goal against European champions Real Madrid in won the Blues the trophy.

Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea Tumblr_mwxr5sss8N1sjtdj7o4_1280

Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea Tumblr_mx5cqaLdwJ1qduolvo3_250 Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea Tumblr_mx5cqaLdwJ1qduolvo4_250

Samuel Eto'o will be missing for the visitors following the Cameroonian's injury in the Blues' 1-0 loss to Basel in Switzerland the week before, and Oscar appears to be alright despite going down injured in Chelsea's 3-1 victory over Southampton in Matchday 13 on Sunday, saying on his instagram, [/img]

Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea Tumblr_mx5ft2sith1ruhh4yo1_1280

The match kicks off at 1945 GMT

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea Empty Re: Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea

Post by Kick Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:32 am

I'd like to see Oscar rested for this game. We need to win this and I honestly think it's going to be difficult but very possible.

Cech
Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta
Mikel Lampard
Schurrle Mata Hazard
Torres

Maybe even play DL4 and Cole.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea Empty Re: Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea

Post by Shed Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:41 am

Oh good! Another games for Lamps!

Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea ..%5CSkins%5Cdefault%5Cimages%5Cemoticons%5CEmoticon%20-%20head%20against%20wall
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:41 am

How we need a CM Crying or Very sad
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:53 am

Coming thick and fast now. 9 games in the next 30 days. My match thread-making is in now full-steam mode. Already started on the Stoke one Premier League - Sunderland vs Chelsea Superman
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Drop Ghostzard please.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:58 pm

Abramovich wrote:Drop Ghostzard please.
It's unfair to call Hazard a 'ghost' after the last match.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Ghostzard is ghostzard if he strings good performances consistently for at least 3 months, I'll call him Hazard.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:14 pm

Abramovich wrote:Ghostzard is ghostzard if he strings good performances consistently for at least 3 months, I'll call him Hazard.
He's had good performances for a while now. He just doesn't get into enough goalscoring opportunities.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:17 pm

Stat wise hazard is doing tremendous, but still
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:40 pm

'I'd watch Chelsea every week': Sunderland boss Poyet looking forward to facing his old club as he expresses love for the Blues:
Poyet was 29 when he was persuaded to leave Spain for Stamford Bridge and such is his love for the club to this day that he admits he would be a season ticket holder if he was not sitting in the opposition dug-out this evening
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2517722/Id-watch-Chelsea-week-Sunderland-Athletic-boss-Gus-Poyet-looking-forward-facing-old-club-expresses-love-Blues.html

"If I was without a job and living in London I would be going to watch Chelsea every weekend."

"There is no doubt I would be there because I am a fan. I will always love the club."
"The year before I came Zola, Vialli, and Gullit were and at that stage people were asking what is going on there."

"They offered me the chance to go. And I did but it was the biggest decision of my career to come to England."

"I was 29 and it was not easy. It was a change of life for me and my family."

"After thinking about it for a long time, we decided to come and it was a good decision. Probably my best."
"Chelsea was more of a family back them. It was still an old fashioned family club. We knew everybody. People from many, many years."
"This is one of the fixtures I have been looking forward to, because it is Chelsea and I am looking to beat Chelsea if it's possible."

"The three points is the most important thing. It will feel quite special. I don't know if the Chelsea supporters will support me."

"It would be nice to get support from everyone on the pitch - the home and the away fans. It will be a great experience."
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Chelsea pair David Luiz and Oscar both ruled out of Sunderland clash:
The Brazilian duo are struggling with knee and ankle problems respectively as Samuel Eto'o returns to the squad for Stadium of Light trip
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/give-zlatan-ibrahimovic-didier-drogba-2879387

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:10 pm

CHELSEA XI: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Lampard; Willian, Mata, Hazard; Torres
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:16 pm

SUBS: Schwarzer, Cole, Essien, Mikel, Schurrle, De Bruyne, Ba
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:16 pm

SUNDERLAND XI: Mannone, Bardsley, Dossena, O'Shea (C), Brown, Ki, Colback, Gardner, Borini, Giaccherini, Altidore
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:26 pm

Predict Ghostards performance hmm 
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:59 pm

Sunderland 1-0

Altidore :facepalm:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:00 pm

Why do we perpetually start games so, so shit?
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:02 pm

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! cheers

Sir Frank equalises minutes later!! :bow: :bow: :bow:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Ramires Rolling Eyes
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:21 pm

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL!!! cheers

F-ing brilliant goal from Hazard :bow:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Hazard has been superb tonight.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Abramovich wrote:Predict Ghostards performance hmm 
My fantasy league captain :bow:

Dat jinx working Proud
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Hazard on fire

7 Dribbles won already
42 Touches
96% passing
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:52 pm

2-2 :facepalm:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next