McAgger
The Franchise
dmize
Gil
Blue Barrett
26 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:28 am

LOOL

Why didnt TMac just demand the ball on the other end and put him to shame? Its not like the dude is going to be any good anyway.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Amar Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Amir Johnson's ejection last night Laughing

btw he gets paid 7 million per season rofl

Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Laughing

Derozen is like....."what"
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:03 am

It is awful to watch Lakers games atm... half of the time i spend watching games I watch Howard at the line... please stop it
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:17 am

The Lakers are getting HOUSED by Cleveland right now..wth is going on out there for real
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:26 am

Can anyone tell me, why Jordan Hill is taking 17 foot jumpers?
EDIT: and BTW Anderson Varejao must be one of the biggest floppers in the NBA, he flops constantly
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:44 am

Did I just see Dwight make 5 straight freethrows Shocked
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:42 am

MELO.

Went off against Brooklyn dropped 45 on Brooklyn. And Jason Kidd can still ball.

..We're are an embarrassment right now. The defense is painful to watch for players with that sort of experience and with someone who is a 3 time DPOY heading it up...it's just really sad.

No communication whatsoever.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:30 pm

"I'm one of the fastest guys on the team -- and I'm like 50," said Bryant, who is actually 34. "What does that tell you→ We're slow as (expletive). Make that, slow as hell."
-Kobe
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:16 pm

the official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 Raz3JaQGu6
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:22 pm

WTF, did Jeremy Lin really score 40 points against the Spurs? When the hell did that happen LOL?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Yeah when Harden was out. It's safe to say he needs the ball in his hands to be effective, I don't see how him and Harden will co exist.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:40 am

Tony Delk once scored 52 in a game, second string players with the ball in their hands with little other options can go off once in a while

BTW, Would it be outragous to say Kevin Garnett is the best defensive player in the game? I really think he might be.

His defensive ability doesnt just effect the man he is guarding, but the entire unit is far more coordinated when he is out there. His communications and domination of the rotations dont appear on any stat sheet but its a real thing.

Commentary just came with a stat. The Celtics are the best team in the league defensively when he is on the court, the worst when he isnt. That to me says something.

Now he isnt guarding powerforwards anymore, he is matched up with players he should be and again, individually and collectively I dont think there is anyone better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:50 am

Nope I don't think that's outrageous at all. In terms of team value, there's no comparison. We turn to sh1t every time he leaves the game(which is a big problem considering he usually only plays 5 min stretches).
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:59 am

Right on cue, he comes out the game and you give up lay ups, fouls and and1. He comes back in for the last minutes and on both possessions Dallas turn it over and miss a floater because they couldnt get all the way in the lane..both because of KG's pick and roll defence.

Also, Rondo's jumper is looking excellent tonight. He is the best point guard in the game, I will not accept any other opinion on this Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:00 am

GTFI.....WHAT A WIN baby :bow: :bow: I have never seen my warriors this good. Exciting times :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:06 am

KG creates a steal for Rondo on the pick and r, they score and he runs all the way back to stop the break.

This guy is amazing.

Thing about defence is though, you can only do so much. Mayo hits too jumpers over incredibly tough defence from Lee.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am

I dont know how many times I can praise a guy, amazing defence once again causing the defence.

On the negative, Jeff Green just has to do more. Posting up Vince Carter, he had the ball easily knocked away from him. Wheres the aggresion? If he was white and from Europe, they would call him soft.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 am

I think Noah is in that conversation with Garnett...though stats I know show otherwise (remember an ESPN article using +/- to claim he's perhaps the most overrated defender in the league). When I watch the Bulls play he's similar to Garnett in terms of communication but what's slightly more amazing about him is just how good he is at switching and coming up and bothering just about anyone in isolation.

I like Smith as well....think he tends to get a bit left out in most discussions, Atlanta has a great defense and he heads it up. Undersized in the post but probably the best help defender in the league.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:11 am

The Franchise wrote:Right on cue, he comes out the game and you give up lay ups, fouls and and1. He comes back in for the last minutes and on both possessions Dallas turn it over and miss a floater because they couldnt get all the way in the lane..both because of KG's pick and roll defence.

Also, Rondo's jumper is looking excellent tonight. He is the best point guard in the game, I will not accept any other opinion on this Laughing

Yeah when he makes his first jump shot like he did tonight, he starts looking much more confident and comfortable going into his shot after.

Since the record ended he's been a bit more aggressive going to the basket, and isn't as hesitant to take a jumper if it's there. While still getting double digit assists.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:15 am

If im Dallas, I would never go in a pick and roll with Garnett's man..he traps it too well, his arms are too long and he gets too many deflections.

Your much better off challenging him at the rim if you get by Bass/Green/Pierce.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:17 am

Le Samourai wrote:I think Noah is in that conversation with Garnett...though stats I know show otherwise (remember an ESPN article using +/- to claim he's perhaps the most overrated defender in the league). When I watch the Bulls play he's similar to Garnett in terms of communication but what's slightly more amazing about him is just how good he is at switching and coming up and bothering just about anyone in isolation.

I like Smith as well....think he tends to get a bit left out in most discussions, Atlanta has a great defense and he heads it up. Undersized in the post but probably the best help defender in the league.

I agree, Noah deserves his shine. He anchors the defence in a similar fashion. Him and KG hate each other, but they are more similar than either realise I think.

I dont watch that much ATL so I cant comment. Whenever I have seen him though I think he bites on shot fakes going for the block a tad much and he isnt the biggest so he cant guard the real big men.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:18 am

Le Samourai wrote:I think Noah is in that conversation with Garnett...though stats I know show otherwise (remember an ESPN article using +/- to claim he's perhaps the most overrated defender in the league). When I watch the Bulls play he's similar to Garnett in terms of communication but what's slightly more amazing about him is just how good he is at switching and coming up and bothering just about anyone in isolation.

I seriously think you can make the argument that Noah is just as valuable as Rose for the Bulls, if not more so.

And I'm actually surprised about Noah not having a good +/-, but maybe it's a different case so far this year. He usually makes winning plays that don't show up in box score but will show up in the +/- stat; deflections, altering shots and just energy in general.

edit: I looked up this season and last and Noah is +84 so far this year and was +287 last year(top 20). Pretty good. All the Bulls starters are were on there though, it's more of a reflection on the team imo.

Last edited by dmize on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:22 am

Another thought.

I hate how defence now is all about stats, rebounds, steals, blocked shots...Offence I get to a degree, but so much of defence is not covered in the stats..nearly all of it.

I mean people will chime in about player X gets 2-3 blocks a game. Thats nothing. If a team is putting up 90 shots a game, how useful is stopping 2-3?

The same thing when people talk about FGA. Yesturday some people were blaming Kobe because he put up 28 shots (despite making more than half) while Howard got just 7 or something. Ignoring the fact Howard went to the line 20 times, so thats another 10 shots at least right there.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:24 am

I think Noah's +/- are effected because he plays so many minutes now with Osik gone. I think 37 minutes or something crazy.

When you play that many minutes, your going to play with starts and subs..considering the Bulls arent that good, his is going to suffer when playing with the bench.

Another thought has anyone ever blocked KG's jumper? Laughing I really dont remember and I always think, as high as he releases it with his length...unless your coming from the blindside how do you do it?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am

It wasn't Plus Minus but Points per possession when he's in the game vs when he's out.

Joakim Noah | Chicago Bulls

Noah is known around the league as a high-energy, defense-first big man, but you wouldn't know it from his plus/minus numbers. For three years running (2009-10 to 2011-12), the Bulls have been better defensively when Noah isn't in the game, and not by just a little, either -- their defense was 4.4 points per 100 possessions better when Noah was on the bench. For point of reference, 4.4 points of defensive rating was the difference between the Golden State Warriors and an average defense last season.

Noah's defensive proponents could counter that Chicago's bench was a defensive juggernaut over the same time period, which would naturally depress Noah's on-court/off-court defensive plus/minus. They'd be right, except that Noah rates as a below-average defender even after adjusting for the players he shared the floor with (teammates and opponents).

Further, 82games.com's counterpart defensive numbers show that opposing bigs posted a 16.8 PER (average is 15.0) when matched up against Noah over the past three seasons. With numbers like that, it might be time to update our view of Noah as a first-class defender.

People get paid to write this stuff and then people pay to read it lol.

I think Rose is slightly more important because his scoring is what elevates them into contention. Noah is an integral part of the defense and important...but I think if they kept Asik and lost him...they could still contend.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next