The Franchise
Tomwin Lannister
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Gil
36 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Most Irrationally hated Players on here - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Irrationally hated Players on here

Post by S Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:21 pm

Heat of the moment brah..Just lasted a few mins in the end anyway :coffee:

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Most Irrationally hated Players on here - Page 2 Empty Re: Most Irrationally hated Players on here

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:25 pm

In this forum :

If you make a player comparison, one will be Goat while the other is utter crap.

If you criticize a club, get ready to receive it back towards your club even if yours doesn't even have anything to do on topic.

If you post a thread about your club, expect this "X section >>>>>".

If you disagree with someone, then you sir, are a hater.

If a fellow fan posts something stupid, you're probably stupid too.

If a thread not involving anything German is being discussed, It will be German soon.

If you post something from Goal.com, facepalm buffet anyone?

If a poster insulted another poster, the victim hits back with a worse insult and both go crying as victims.

Franchise is 78 years old.

Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Right i'm going to entertain Gil's OP just for shits and giggles.....

1. Pastore: Very talented but never consistently proven anything and at PSG he looks meh..... talent isn't everything and has not consistently performed in his whole career.

2. Sahin: Fantastic talent who i rate but has never recovered from his time at Madrid everyone knows what he's capable of but needs to get back to the level he was at before being rated again.

3. Modric: Immensely talented by all rights he should be the best controlling CM in the world behind Xavi and Pirlo but he's mentally weak and has a poor temperament in big games.

4. Lewandowski: He's basically the Polish Adebayor as RG said.... good movement, touch and links up well but his finishing is god awful.

I personally have not seen anything on Tello.

5. Gervinho: Again talented but is basically a headless chicken so he frustrates fans of club he plays for.

I personally think Di Maria and Roonay are fantastic footballers and if people do criticise them ( outside of Di Maria's diving antics) i don't really understand the why but i think the above criticisms for the above players are fair and above board.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:32 pm

In BL terms, there are mainly two totally irrationally hated players: Holger Badstuber (it is mindboggling how much flak the poor boy gets for no reason) and Lars Unnerstall (okay, he is no world-beater, but the hatred he incurs from Schalke fans is as mindboggling). The latter prolly didn't filter through to GL, but in German forums it is shocking.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:33 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:In this forum :

If you make a player comparison, one will be Goat while the other is utter crap.

If you criticize a club, get ready to receive it back towards your club even if yours doesn't even have anything to do on topic.

If you post a thread about your club, expect this "X section >>>>>".

If you disagree with someone, then you sir, are a hater.

If a thread not involving anything German is being discussed, It will be German soon.

If you post something from Goal.com, facepalm buffet anyone?

If a poster insulted another poster, the victim hits back with a worse insult and both go crying as victims.

Franchise is 78 years old.

loooool
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:37 pm

This made me laugh a lot more than it should of done rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

This made me laugh a lot more than it should of done rofl

That's because it is so so so so so so very true. It doesn't annoy me though.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Of course it doesn't annoy you, German football is awesome. Razz
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:47 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Of course it doesn't annoy you, German football is awesome. Razz

No but seriously speaking its because they turn into educational and interesting discussions (usually more than the OP) since the German populace of GL is quite educated.

Doesn't mean I'm not annoyed by a thread hijack e.g Messi/Ronaldo, Real/Barca, player x vs player y or measuring penises through various insipid factors.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:49 pm

I know, I'm actually thankful for each and every thread that doesn't partain either of Barca, Real, Ronaldo or Messi, that's why I don't feel in the least bit guilty for throwing in a Reus or Özil where otherwise it might be CR7 and Messi again Razz

And yes, the actual Germans here do tend to post rather interestingly, though many of my favorite posters are Serie A supporters, too bad I don't really know and care enough about that league, which is more a matter of lack of free time, not a representation of any dislike or perceived lack of quality.

Last edited by VivaStPauli on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:49 pm

This thread turns out like those therapy sessions with people having anger/psychological issues , usualy ending up in hugs and tears , you know...

" Oh golly , applaud yourselves folks , you've been tirrific today "
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:05 pm

rwo power wrote: Holger Badstuber (it is mindboggling how much flak the poor boy gets for no reason)

because he really does suck Very Happy

Jack Daniels wrote:

Bayern fans say hi
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:07 pm

I'm pretty sure everyone involved with German football wishes the Messiah was a Sevilla fan or whatever Very Happy
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:17 pm

might as well add: If bayern wins and plays halfway decent, expect a messiah thread in the general section about it, outlining how (insert random bayern player) is the undisputed best in the world at his position.

Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Toffer Harley wrote:
rwo power wrote: Holger Badstuber (it is mindboggling how much flak the poor boy gets for no reason)
because he really does suck :Di
Well, other than that I tend to disagree, but there is a difference between pointing out he might have played badly and vitriolic attacks below the belt that have no base whatsoever. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:03 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:there is criticism and there is over criticism.

which is what i think the op is getting at with the 'hate' maybe its not hate but i definitely think there are times when a player is overly criticized to a point, not just because he messed up but because of some other reason, and it carries as people share opinions..

the forum has a polarizing effect of ideas sometimes between posters who dont watch football as much.
Agree with the last part. Some posters don't even watch matches but just decide to troll on any player being trolled on by other posters. Or should I say "hate on" as I believe some players truly are hated on this forum.

THe Hazard hate is RIDICULOUS and IRRATIONAL. He's 21 ffs. Do you want him to be Messi/Ronaldo? smh

And for some reason people like Surag hate Oscar & Mata. I mean how can you even hate those players? Just.......how????

Oh and Gil PLEASE DO NOT make any excuses for Torres. He deserves every bit of criticism/hate that he gets. "Bought at a wrong time" errr what does that even mean? Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 pm

nerman

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:31 pm

Idiot wrote:nerman
Tbh, I don't like him either and I think he's a tad bit overhyped.

That said, I can't deny that he's a top top player. Triffic lad!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:46 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I'm pretty sure everyone involved with German football wishes the Messiah was a Sevilla fan or whatever Very Happy

meh, it's gotten to the point where he's the forum clown and he's not taken too seriously and the ones that do take him seriously are not worth taking seriously themselves, unless it's super new members that joined before lurking.

I'm surprised he's not a redditor though, considering there's more Buli circlejerkery there than even on this forum.

It's the internet, and considering how bad fanboyism can get (from console wars to OS wars to browser wars to car brand wars to game franchise wars to religion/atheism wars) this forum holds up pretty well.

But then again I had to admin a North American DotA League forum and played HoN so I've seen the depths an internet community can reach.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:50 pm

jiopsi wrote:Who the hell hates Tello?
Thats what I was thinking.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:51 pm

people hate Nerman so much I had to read that he wasnt even going to make it to Barca's bench

I bookmarked it for future references
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:48 pm

How can you hate someone without rationalising it?

The hate might not correspond with the quality of the player, but that doesn't mean there isn't a reason for the hate.

Who said that you can't rationally hate a talented player? There are plenty of talented players who are hated for a wide variety of reasons other than being hated for their talent.

Hell, even if you hated them because they were talented, that could still be rationalised. E.g. for some people it would make sense to hate a player who often scores against their team.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:57 pm

I disagree about everything on germans bad hazard mentioned in this thread.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:00 pm

The only irrational hating here is on the Spurs.

Despite being the most entertaining side in the EPL for the past couple years, for some reason, people still don't like them.

To each their own I guess.

And that Brady2moss guy hates Tello. Not sure why though. He's the only one I know of, however.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:08 pm

CBarca wrote:The only irrational hating here is on the Spurs.

Despite being the most entertaining side in the EPL for the past couple years, for some reason, people still don't like them.

To each their own I guess.

And that Brady2moss guy hates Tello. Not sure why though. He's the only one I know of, however.

Come on CBarca.. Spurs were never more entertaining than Yanited and Arsenal , at least not as long i've been watching the game. Sure they had their moments of brilliance , particularly in the CL some seasons ago and they established a more sound play in the EPL too ..

most entertaining side in the EPL .. seems as an exaggeration to me , though to be fair to them , they are certainly not following with past mocking quotes about them 'lately'.

Still not going to like them , whatever Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Swansea have been the most entertaining side in the PL for the last two seasons

Even QPR are more entertaining than Spurs because Sparky and 'Arry's misery gives a lot of people pleasure
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next