The Franchise
Tomwin Lannister
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Gil
36 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Most Irrationally hated Players on here Empty Most Irrationally hated Players on here

Post by Gil Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Eden Hazard is undoubtedly number one. I mean the unfair criticism and unreasonable vitriol aimed at him daily is ridiculous.

Cesc until recently, Torres for being bought at the wrong time, Gervinho, Tello, Di Maria, Modric, Roonay, Lewandowski, Pastore and Sahin just off the top of my head.

Oh and as much as I hate to admit it, Sergio Ramos. He actually doesn't suck.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Most Irrationally hated Players on here Empty Re: Most Irrationally hated Players on here

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:54 pm

Hazard deserves everything he gets.... acting like Lebron and been a ghost for half the season.

No one hates any of the players you named i can give you reasons why all those players are overrated.

Well except for Roonay who is underrated IMO and runs Man Yoo and with without him suck balls.

Oh Di Maria too....

Even Cesc there was fair and just reasons why he was in your words " hated on"
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Most Irrationally hated Players on here Empty Re: Most Irrationally hated Players on here

Post by Swanhends Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:02 pm

I hate Di Maria because he's a diving c*nt with no shame or dignity

Seems like a pretty rational hatred to me hmm

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Torres? rofl

Being bought at the wrong time? No he is a 100% £50M flop with a league goal ratio for Chelsea that is one of the worst for any starting XI striker in the top half of the table.

Hazard had a great start but has been shown up in about every game with strong opposition.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:05 pm

You tell us Gil, you do a fair bit yourself.

And I dont get how criticism is hate. If its a player you like, you call it hate....if its one you dont, its fair.

Cesc was crap, you get called crap. If he was good, he got called good...same goes for whoever.

Some players here dont get the respect they deserve, others people turn on them quick, but thats different person to person.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

i think the di maria hate is spot on.. he dives and his pass percentage is one of the worst in europe. (isnt passing like 90% of the game?)

the hazard hate i think comes from him being over rated but thats not his fault. i think hes an incredibly talented young player and the hate he gets is somewhat misplaced i think.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo. Man's the 2nd best player in the world, but gets waaay too much criticism.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

Who the hell hates Tello?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:11 pm

The Franchise wrote:You tell us Gil, you do a fair bit yourself.

And I dont get how criticism is hate. If its a player you like, you call it hate....if its one you dont, its fair.

Cesc was crap, you get called crap. If he was good, he got called good...same goes for whoever.

Some players here dont get the respect they deserve, others people turn on them quick, but thats different person to person.

It's an increasing phenomenon i have noticed recently....

If you disagree with someone you are hating......

It can't be because you don't agree it has to be hate....

GL Logic hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:11 pm

there is criticism and there is over criticism.

which is what i think the op is getting at with the 'hate' maybe its not hate but i definitely think there are times when a player is overly criticized to a point, not just because he messed up but because of some other reason, and it carries as people share opinions..

the forum has a polarizing effect of ideas sometimes between posters who dont watch football as much.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:14 pm

The more you cost, the bigger the team you play with.... the more prone to excessive criticism and praise you will become.

Just the way it goes.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:33 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:there is criticism and there is over criticism.

which is what i think the op is getting at with the 'hate' maybe its not hate but i definitely think there are times when a player is overly criticized to a point, not just because he messed up but because of some other reason, and it carries as people share opinions..

the forum has a polarizing effect of ideas sometimes between posters who dont watch football as much.

Like who?

The players Gil named, they are not hated...people just didnt rate their performances and/or didnt think they justified the prices they were bought for or deserve to play for the clubs they were at.

The only one that doesnt fall under than category is Rooney, but I dont think anyone hates on him. Maybe they underrate his impact, underrate his skill set..but this is not hate.

I dont know how anyone can call the"hate" on Torres irrational. He has been worse than Shevchenko and cost more. I dont think its even possible to criticise him too much.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:38 pm

what im saying is i think the forum can be somewhat polarizing at times.. one day everyone thinks player x is a great player and will the next messi, the next day player x is crap and always has been crap and ive been saying hes been crap since he got his baby teeth.

i find that to be irrational.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:41 pm

Well yes I agree, I think on here players are either fantastic or crap, no in between. People change their opinions quickly I guess, sort of a different subject though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Yeah, I don't get it.

First off, I didn't even notice Hazard being overly hated. A short while back a fair number of people called him a better prospect than Götze.

Secondly, the other players actually deserve a fair deal of criticism. Torres is an overpriced second-rate striker, despite his odd moment of brilliance, Di Maria is just plain horrible, he dives, argues with the ref, doesn't score or assist nearly as much as a Real Madrid forward should, and all that has been brought forward in his defense by his supporters was "the rest of Real Madrid has bad movement, that's why his passes never reach anyone".

Lewa was overrated by Messiah and White Star, after he scored so many goals last season, which is when I started pointing out how many chances he needed per goal scored (spoiler alert: a lot, he misses a lot of chances).

Sahin I think is brilliant, I just had a good laugh at him half-ruining his career by selling out Dortmund, a fate which he at least half-deserves; Cex didn't exactly behave too well before leaving Arsenal, which I found a bit disloyal, though he has grown into Barcas system quite a bit, and is now really good, I also liked him at the Euros, but it can't be denied that his debut season at Barca was rather embarassing, especially considering Barcas high standard, so it's no surprise he got criticized.

Modric isn't really that good, so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to point that out, not that he's bad or anything, I don't remember him getting much hate besides the amount of hate all Spuds players get around here.

I also don't recall Pastore being a huge target, though I might mention that the media rated him a lot more highly than he probably merited. I haven't conciously read a post on here telling us that he wasn't a decent player, though.

Sure, there are some irrationalities, like Messiahs kneejerkery, free_cats all-encompassing hatred of anything German, and my constant ridicule of players that leave a club that "made" them. Huntsmans Kaka love is weird as well, but what the hell.

But all in all, we're not that stupid a forum. Tempers may run hot directly after tough matches, but in between, most positions are actually quite reasonable.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:45 pm

I wouldn't take that seriously.....

kneejerks are done for amusement..... like when i have made threads in the past saying Ba is Drogba with skill im not serious lol.

It's best not to take what you read on here very seriously as a lot of the time the people making them are not serious themselves.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I wouldn't take that seriously.....

kneejerks are done for amusement..... like when i have made threads in the past saying Ba is Drogba with skill im not serious lol.

It's best not to take what you read on here very seriously as a lot of the time the people making them are not serious themselves.

Sort of like this thread maybe? lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:55 pm

Mole wrote:
It's best not to take what you read on here very seriously as a lot of the time the people making them are not serious themselves

Agreed Thumbs up :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Yep Dani pretty much Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:57 pm

7amood11 wrote:Cristiano Ronaldo. Man's the 2nd best player in the world, but gets waaay too much criticism.

sorry mate..the title says "irrational"...
..the hate towards him is completely rational.. :coffee:
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:09 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Yeah, I don't get it.

First off, I didn't even notice Hazard being overly hated. A short while back a fair number of people called him a better prospect than Götze.

Secondly, the other players actually deserve a fair deal of criticism. Torres is an overpriced second-rate striker, despite his odd moment of brilliance, Di Maria is just plain horrible, he dives, argues with the ref, doesn't score or assist nearly as much as a Real Madrid forward should, and all that has been brought forward in his defense by his supporters was "the rest of Real Madrid has bad movement, that's why his passes never reach anyone".

Lewa was overrated by Messiah and White Star, after he scored so many goals last season, which is when I started pointing out how many chances he needed per goal scored (spoiler alert: a lot, he misses a lot of chances).

Sahin I think is brilliant, I just had a good laugh at him half-ruining his career by selling out Dortmund, a fate which he at least half-deserves; Cex didn't exactly behave too well before leaving Arsenal, which I found a bit disloyal, though he has grown into Barcas system quite a bit, and is now really good, I also liked him at the Euros, but it can't be denied that his debut season at Barca was rather embarassing, especially considering Barcas high standard, so it's no surprise he got criticized.

Modric isn't really that good, so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to point that out, not that he's bad or anything, I don't remember him getting much hate besides the amount of hate all Spuds players get around here.

I also don't recall Pastore being a huge target, though I might mention that the media rated him a lot more highly than he probably merited. I haven't conciously read a post on here telling us that he wasn't a decent player, though.

Sure, there are some irrationalities, like Messiahs kneejerkery, free_cats all-encompassing hatred of anything German, and my constant ridicule of players that leave a club that "made" them. Huntsmans Kaka love is weird as well, but what the hell.

But all in all, we're not that stupid a forum. Tempers may run hot directly after tough matches, but in between, most positions are actually quite reasonable.

Viva I'm afraid I will have to disagree with you on some points. I'll try to make it more organized.

1. Eden Hazard IS in fact as good of a prospect as Mario Goetze based on his raw talent and what he has done alone. One isn't better than the other in my opinion as both have their individual skill sets which is superior to each other. If you disagree I would like to hear why out of interest.

2. Di Maria for all his unethical theatrics and lack of ethic is a fantastic winger at the end of the day despite his limitations. I don't understand how he statistically doesn't score enough for a *winger as in Madrid in his first season he had 9 goals and 20 assists while the second was 7 goals and 16 assists. This season; 4 goals and 7 assists. I can understand why you dislike his play as I am not a fan of his general play as well but I had to correct you here.

3. Sahin left simply because he spent at least 135 appearances within Dortmund and wanted to follow his dream of playing at Real Madrid for quite some time and before he reached his prime. I can see you have a passionate point of view on loyalties and leaving your club as I myself share this point of view whilst being criticized as a Romantic. But I cannot agree with this point.

1. I do agree that all the points defending Di Maria's lack of performances are utter horseshit as RM fans tend to do that to the max. Nothing new.

2. I do agree that Modric is rated far too highly into a player that he clearly is not. You will continue to see this until football viewers get more exposed to him since he is in Real Madrid now.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:11 pm

You guys are taking the word "hate" far too literally.

And stop derailing my goddamn threads Dani & Mole. Mad
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:12 pm

@Arq

1. I kind of agree, I didn't even want to comment on Götze v Hazard, I just pointed it out because that's clearly not "hating on Hazard".

2. Fair enough, let's agree to disagree, I still think di Maria is horse shit, but I also concede that it's in large part due to his antics.

3. I never said that my dislike of Sahins actions is rational Very Happy
I actually think he does get underrated on this forum, since he is a brilliant player. Sadly, he had quite an impressive string of bad luck.

To the second two points, well, we fully agree here. Wink
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:19 pm

Surag wrote:
Mole wrote:
It's best not to take what you read on here very seriously as a lot of the time the people making them are not serious themselves

Agreed Thumbs up :coffee:

you hypocrite , you didn't! Laughing

just last night in the chat when me and Baresi were teasing you , and possibly other Juventus fans about losing the game and all , you were like ,

FUUU DMEELAN FANS

FUUU ALL , GTFO , FUU

i was laughing pretty hard with you btw rofl rofl
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:21 pm

Heat of the moment brah..Just lasted a few mins in the end anyway :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next