[ 3 ]
Our Most Hated Opponent Vote_lcap0%Our Most Hated Opponent Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Our Most Hated Opponent Vote_lcap0%Our Most Hated Opponent Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Our Most Hated Opponent Empty Our Most Hated Opponent

Post by iftikhar Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:41 pm

Everton: I never really felt any bitterness towards them. Off-course I hated it when they finished above us and I always want us to beat them, but that can be said about any of our opponents. In fact, aside Arsenal, they are one team I have some amount of 'affection' for.

United: I really hated them. I hated them even if they drew with some other team. I hated them even if they finished second/third. I even hated if they scored a goal. It was a brain-numbing feeling when boundless bitterness mixed with grudging respect. I respected the tactical acumen of Ferguson and his ability to play mind-game on & off the field. And I hated him even more. I was totally in awe with skills of Ryan Giggs and the attitude of Roy Keane. And I hated them even more.

Chelsea: Actually I hate Mourinho. But after a time (long lost in the past) I simply couldn't/wouldn't differentiate between Chelsea and Mourinho. I hate them more so because Chelsea seem to have great affection for his antics and thrive in it.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Our Most Hated Opponent Empty Re: Our Most Hated Opponent

Post by Curtinho Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:12 pm

United and it's not close. I dislike everything about that organization.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:42 pm

Yeah United above all else. Chelsea is second for me. And then it's Everton. The bitters being super shit (even worse than us all the time) helps a lot in this regard.

And I have special place for hatred for Villa and Palace just because they do a number on us every season. Stoke used to be another one under Pulis but not anymore.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:45 pm

I've seen the rivalry between you lot and Chelsea grow a lot the past 10 years, to the point, dare I say it, it's on par with United (some on RAWK hate them as much as they do us).
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:02 pm

First of all, I don't really hate any club or their supporters. I don't think sports rivalries should be about hate, I find them enjoyable and beneficial.

That said, it's pretty much 50-50 between Man United and Everton for me, the feeling of rivalry and the hope they would lose every game.

I don't get where the feelings of rivalry with Chelsea come for our fans. Is it just general dislike towards Chelsea that you find quite a lot in England in general? There's no special rivalry between us and Chelsea at all for me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:24 pm

Well the rivalry between Chelsea and us rose during the Rafa vs Mou era. And specifically those 3 major semifinals in 3 seasons running where Rafa handed Mou his ass.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:38 am

Art Morte wrote:First of all, I don't really hate any club or their supporters. I don't think sports rivalries should be about hate, I find them enjoyable and beneficial.

That said, it's pretty much 50-50 between Man United and Everton for me, the feeling of rivalry and the hope they would lose every game.

I don't get where the feelings of rivalry with Chelsea come for our fans. Is it just general dislike towards Chelsea that you find quite a lot in England in general? There's no special rivalry between us and Chelsea at all for me.
You are right. Perhaps my choice of words weren't perfect. I would be more like bitterness/grudge.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down