gondov
Firenze
Onyx
Ganso
Great Leader Sprucenuce
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rodgers: Glen Johnson and Dani Alves are the best fullbacks in the world - Page 2 Empty Re: Rodgers: Glen Johnson and Dani Alves are the best fullbacks in the world

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:49 pm

I think one of the people responsible for our goals conceded is Gerrard Very Happy

I can name 5 occasions this year when we were on attack and he misplaced a pass which resulted on us getting countered and conceding Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Rodgers: Glen Johnson and Dani Alves are the best fullbacks in the world - Page 2 Empty Re: Rodgers: Glen Johnson and Dani Alves are the best fullbacks in the world

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:01 pm

Lex wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:He's on par with the likes of Cole
Went a wee bit too far there

No I didn't....Cole is about to be 32. The guy isn't anywhere near what he used to be. Johnson is on par if not better than him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:01 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Art Morte wrote:The last two guys haven't been playing and Enrique isn't young.

Ps. It's a well-kept secret that Skrtel is actually better than Agger.

Okay, fair enough, then. Let me folllow up: Johnson and Agger are WC according to most 'Pool fans. Skrtel is better than Agger, so he must be WC too. That's 3 WC defenders in a back 4, with Enrique being far from awful. I realize that defending is a team function, but it still doesn't add up that with so much talent on the back you would get scored on more than 13 other teams in the league.

He's not better than Agger.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Schweini wrote:I think one of the people responsible for our goals conceded is Gerrard Very Happy

I can name 5 occasions this year when we were on attack and he misplaced a pass which resulted on us getting countered and conceding Very Happy

Laughing exactly, I brought this up in the Pool section and got slated. Defense will improve drastically once Lucas comes back and players get more experience with the playing style. The goals we are conceding are absolute gifts, goalkeeper blunders, wrong called pks, horrible individual mistakes.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:24 pm

Skrtel is the Taylor to Agger's Coloccini..... together they are rock solid but when the latter is injured the faults of the former are amplified to ridiculous levels.

Skrtel is solid and compliments Agger extremely well but Agger is comfortably better.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:32 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I wonder with all these WC players how they manage to struggle to to get into the top half of the premier league hmm

hmm
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Swanhends wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I wonder with all these WC players how they manage to struggle to to get into the top half of the premier league hmm

hmm

Lucas is injured :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:08 am

Skrtel IS as good as Agger defensively. Our defence is built around Martin as Agger was injury prone. Agger is generally rated higher because he has that extra ability to go into attack and become a playmaking CB. They're both solid defenders and are a great duo together. I don't understand how you can criticize Skrtel for dropping his standards when Agger is out as he has to play in a deeper defensive line due to the ageing Carragher. Skrtel is fine with Coates.

I wouldn't say Glen Johnson is world class per se, but he is one of the better players in his position. Can only think of Alves and Lahm that are better. Oh, and this "he can't defend" myth is absolutely absurd.

Firenze wrote:rofl

Not even the best fullback in Merseyside.

You're taking the piss. I rate Baines as highly as Kolorov. They're both only good at dead-ball situations and don't understand the concept of "defending"

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I don't know where this " Mole thinks all Liverpool players are shit" thing has come from it's really not true.

Do you read what you post..............?

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Okay, fair enough, then. Let me folllow up: Johnson and Agger are WC according to most 'Pool fans. Skrtel is better than Agger, so he must be WC too. That's 3 WC defenders in a back 4, with Enrique being far from awful. I realize that defending is a team function, but it still doesn't add up that with so much talent on the back you would get scored on more than 13 other teams in the league.[/quote]

We've conceded four goals whilst playing with 10 men. We've also conceded three goals from penalties. Reina is playing well below par his standards and has made some individual mistakes (not entirely Reina's fault, other players have also). Skrtel and Kelly also had to adapt to Rodgers' playing style.

Saying that, who has stated that Agger and Skrtel are world class?

The only world class player(s?) at Liverpool is Lucas Leiva (and he's been out for a calendar year so we're not too sure how he's going to perform when he comes back) and Johnson. You could probably sneak Suarez in there too, but forwards from other teams have performed far greater due to the situation of Suarez carrying Liverpool...

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:30 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
I don't know where this " Mole thinks all Liverpool players are shit" thing has come from it's really not true.

Probably from you mentioning you hate Liverpool as much as Sunderland and constantly bashing players at every opportunity...

That MIGHT give people the impression that you're opinion of them is rather low.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:08 am

He's third tier.. I remember the Enrique hype and look what happened there.
No Liverpool player is world class, you need consistency to be world class.. Johnson is only consistent v top teams.
Rafael is on his level yet he's only 22 and making monster strides.. Is rafael gonna be universe class if Johnson is a standard barer for mere world class?

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:30 am

Rafinha and Contento are better fullback than this guy, it's a bit disrespectful if I mention the likes of Alaba and Lahm.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:55 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Art Morte wrote:The last two guys haven't been playing and Enrique isn't young.

Ps. It's a well-kept secret that Skrtel is actually better than Agger.

Okay, fair enough, then. Let me folllow up: Johnson and Agger are WC according to most 'Pool fans. Skrtel is better than Agger, so he must be WC too. That's 3 WC defenders in a back 4, with Enrique being far from awful. I realize that defending is a team function, but it still doesn't add up that with so much talent on the back you would get scored on more than 13 other teams in the league.

Oh yes, Lets just generalize some shit and put up some stats, without watching any Liverpool matches and without considering the situation the clubs in.
Goallegacy at its best.

Anyways didnt we have the best Defense for most parts of last season, finished as the third best defense in the league, Ironically it was the same back four that you talk about, Where were you that time?
Oh no, the stats were in Liverpool's favor then.

---------------------

On topic, Johnson is a very good player, Consistent, Getting better at defending, Don't know if he is "World class", But he is just below the top full backs, I rate Cole as a top full back, He still has a few seasons left in him.

Ill agree Rodgers went a little far, But not that far that you could label it stupid.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:37 am

He's semi decent going forward, but is a completely sh*t defender. An overall average/mediocre player.

The delusion bug has finally caught Rodgers.

"Glen's arguably been the player of the season in the Premier League - never mind at Liverpool."

^^That comment there just defies belief.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:55 am

cyberman wrote:He's third tier.. I remember the Enrique hype and look what happened there.
No Liverpool player is world class, you need consistency to be world class.. Johnson is only consistent v top teams.
Rafael is on his level yet he's only 22 and making monster strides.. Is rafael gonna be universe class if Johnson is a standard barer for mere world class?

Johnson has and will always be better than Enrique.
Lucas is consistent. Well, was. As is Glen Johnson. How many games have you watched of Liverpool that weren't consisting "top teams"? He performs week in week out so you've obviously never seen him play against the "bottom teams".
Rafael is the most overrated player in the United starting XI. He's good, and has a bright future but he wouldn't be the same player if he wasn't at United. Not only is he protected by Valencia going forward, he's protected by the referees and his disgusting tackles. He must of learnt how to tackle by Scholes ffs.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2