gondov
Firenze
Onyx
Ganso
Great Leader Sprucenuce
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rodgers: Glen Johnson and Dani Alves are the best fullbacks in the world Empty Rodgers: Glen Johnson and Dani Alves are the best fullbacks in the world

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:43 pm

"Glen's arguably been the player of the season in the Premier League - never mind at Liverpool." Rodgers said, "He's been absolutely outstanding when you consider he's played a lot of the season at left-back."

"He is a world-class full-back. When you miss a player of that quality, that does weaken you as a team. I look at him and Daniel Alves as the two best right-backs in world football".

Rodgers: Glen Johnson and Dani Alves are the best fullbacks in the world 58630627-lol-reaction

Rodgers: Glen Johnson and Dani Alves are the best fullbacks in the world 1264091579_kirk_rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Rodgers: Glen Johnson and Dani Alves are the best fullbacks in the world Empty Re: Rodgers: Glen Johnson and Dani Alves are the best fullbacks in the world

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:46 pm

Glen Johnson is the most under-rated player on the planet.

Comparing scrubs like Kyle Walker to him, is like comparing Darren Bent to Pippo Inzaghi.

Watch Johnson score an amazing left footed curler against Newcastle now rofl

Back to top Go down

Rodgers: Glen Johnson and Dani Alves are the best fullbacks in the world Empty Re: Rodgers: Glen Johnson and Dani Alves are the best fullbacks in the world

Post by Ganso Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:46 pm

Rodgers: Glen Johnson and Dani Alves are the best fullbacks in the world Rection%20face.gif_thumb
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Schweini wrote:
Watch Johnson score an amazing left footed curler against Newcastle now rofl

Yeah and like that will magically change anything and cement his status as a world class fullback Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Johnson is a WC fullback imo.

Versatile and underrated.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Johnson is a WC fullback imo.

Underrated.

Exactly, extremely agile as well.

Going forward, he is as good as anyone, and he is much improved in defending.

It's not like the other so called highly rated fullbacks (Alves, Marcelo, Rafael Laughing , Cole, etc) are monsters defensively these days.

No fullback is a defensive monster these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 pm

rofl

Not even the best fullback in Merseyside.

Last edited by Firenze on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Yh but you think every Liverpool player is WC so your opinion really isn't valid.

I wonder with all these WC players how they manage to struggle to to get into the top half of the premier league hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 pm

He has a descent touch for a DL full back from what I've seen...but the best.... No
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Yh but you think every Liverpool player is WC so your opinion really isn't valid.

I wonder with all these WC players how they manage to struggle to to get into the top half of the premier league hmm

and you think pretty much every Liverpool player is shit. since you hate us more than Sunderland Laughing

so your opinion is as invalid as yours.

would't be surprised if you said Simpson is better than him btw.

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Not certainly the best compared to the others, but decent enough to get a job done. Rodgers just overhyping him.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:03 pm

Actually i rate Agger, Lucas, Suarez, Johnson, Suso, Sterling, Sahin ( although he seems to have dropped since leaving Dortmund), Gerrard ( although i find him very inconsistent now) and Allen.

So basically the majority of your team i just don't consider them to be WC the only one's close to it are Agger and Lucas.

I don't know where this " Mole thinks all Liverpool players are shit" thing has come from it's really not true.

Oh and Johnson is leagues above Simpson but rating Johnson and thinking he's WC and up there with Dani Alves is something else entirely.

Also i dont hate Liverpool, i hate a very small selection of your players and Rodgers and the some of the fans that think they are entitled to everything because they are Liverpool etc etc but as a whole i don't hate Liverpool.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:06 pm

Rodgers: Glen Johnson and Dani Alves are the best fullbacks in the world 25q51dj
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:06 pm

Rodgers: Glen Johnson and Dani Alves are the best fullbacks in the world 3698733_o
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:10 pm

I think he's world-class, honestly.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Johnson is equal if not better defensively than Alves. Offensively Alves beats him but Johnson isn't far behind. The guy is just underrated because he's English and plays for Liverpool. He's the only English player that's really underrated. I don't think it's that far fetched really. Lahm, Alves, Marcelo are the only fullbacks I personally rate higher than Johnson. He's on par with the likes of Sagna, Clichy, Cole, Isla, etc.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Lucas is injured :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:23 pm

One would think Liverpool had a world class defense with Johnson and Agger allegedly amongst the best in their positions and Enrique and Coates amongst the better younger defenders. Yet they're 7th on the table of most scored teams in the league. What explains this mismatch?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:He's on par with the likes of Cole
Went a wee bit too far there
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:29 pm

Reina is shite. Enrique isn't young and/or any good. We're missing Lucas, and we need a better GK and LB. Unless Reina improves and Kelly comes back from injury back to his best.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:42 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:One would think Liverpool had a world class defense with Johnson and Agger allegedly amongst the best in their positions and Enrique and Coates amongst the better younger defenders. Yet they're 7th on the table of most scored teams in the league. What explains this mismatch?

The last two guys haven't been playing and Enrique isn't young.

Ps. It's a well-kept secret that Skrtel is actually better than Agger.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:45 pm

Disagree Art, Skrtel isn't better than Agger. Not even close. Skrtel may be more commanding, but he suffers without Agger. Look at the amount of goals Martin has been directly at fault for whereas Daniel hasn't put a foot wrong all season. Tbh Agger makes Skrtel into the beast he is.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:47 pm

Art Morte wrote:The last two guys haven't been playing and Enrique isn't young.

Ps. It's a well-kept secret that Skrtel is actually better than Agger.

Okay, fair enough, then. Let me folllow up: Johnson and Agger are WC according to most 'Pool fans. Skrtel is better than Agger, so he must be WC too. That's 3 WC defenders in a back 4, with Enrique being far from awful. I realize that defending is a team function, but it still doesn't add up that with so much talent on the back you would get scored on more than 13 other teams in the league.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:48 pm

We've been playing a new style of football which at times has included too much passing from the ball which has caused us concede very silly goals, and it is reflecting in the goals we've conceded BC.

I think given time, when the team gets used to it, it'll look a lot better.

Rodgers' Swansea kept over 13 clean sheets last year, so I am hopeful when the team adapts and Lucas is back, we'll look a lot better in defense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:49 pm

I think one of the people responsible for our goals conceded is Gerrard Very Happy

I can name 5 occasions this year when we were on attack and he misplaced a pass which resulted on us getting countered and conceding Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next