BeautifulGame
mr-r34
Red Alert
McAgger
Nishankly
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Everton vs Liverpool | 28th October 13.30| Sunday | Premier League | - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton vs Liverpool | 28th October 13.30| Sunday | Premier League |

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:45 pm

From Guardian

A quick office discussion reveals that we think the late Liverpool goal was disallowed because Coates clambered on an Everton defender. Unlucky perhaps. If it was disallowed for offside, then the goal should have stood as Suarez was clearly onside.

Still think its a poor decision imo.

Also Everton did get the rough end of the decisions last season derby in GP(RODWELL red card!).

BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Everton vs Liverpool | 28th October 13.30| Sunday | Premier League | - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton vs Liverpool | 28th October 13.30| Sunday | Premier League |

Post by mr-r34 Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:55 pm

Some of the posters on rawk need to be shot dead, slagging on suarez. FML

That sterling chance how he bottled that FML

Anyhow, how did you guys see BR's substitutions i think they were well time and effective. But please Jones is killing me, he can't distribute a ball like renia for ffs, all hoof no possession.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:57 pm

F*CK NO...The ref is trying to save his ass by saying it was called for a foul once he watched the replays. But you can clearly see the lineman flags for offside and the ref looks at him before disallowing the goal. I BET the FA will say it was a foul on Coates and it was good decision. SAF you c*nt!!
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:07 pm

"We've got to be careful. People are going to turn away from football if they continue to go to watch people who throw themselves on the ground when they're not touched.

"I think it's important you do get someone who's strong enough to identify what are the right challenges and the wrong ones, and in last year's game we got really badly done by a terrible refereeing decision."

- David Moyes earlier this week
Didn't phase Andre Marriner a bit. I thought he had a great game. Now, the linesman is a completely different matter. It was an absolutely incredible call. I don't buy the Guardian's staff's explanation of a foul on Coates one bit. He was obviously signaling offside.

I simply don't understand how you make that call. There's no way he could see Suarez in that crowded penalty box from his position. If you can't see the scoring player, but you can see the last defender, how on earth do you flag for offside? Everton vs Liverpool | 28th October 13.30| Sunday | Premier League | - Page 3 2276801876

He absolutely ruined an otherwise well-handled match.

That said, I am disappointed with the comments wishing harm on someone because of a poor refereeing decision. Even in the heat of the moment, I believe that crosses a line.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:08 pm

What a right kick it the sack that was today.

Makes you want to just scream and smash shit in a fit of rage. So *bleep* frustrating. Time and time again *bleep* *sigh*
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:13 am

Still don't know what to make of it. We should of got 3 points but I feel Everton were the better side.

I personally feel it's 2 points lost as Suarez "offside" was 100% a goal. Disgraceful decision by the linesman. The referee in Marriner (sp?) had a solid game. Wasn't pressured by the fans and was never too hasty to put a player in the book.

We had a very young side that featured...
Sterling 17
Wisdom 19
Suso 18
Shelvey 19
Coates 21
Henderson 22
Allen 21

Majority of them did well today although Wisdom will want to put this game behind him. He can only get better, just hoping his confidence doesn't drop too much. He was definitely overrun. With Kelly already out and Johnson's injury still a question mark, Wisdom will definitely get more games imo.

Allen for me struggled physically and it was great to see Henderson feature. He stopped the run of Baines and looked okay going forward. Coates dominated Fellaini's prescence in the air but was 50/50 at ground level. Sterling had too much on his shoulders and missed a sitter - although I think the Everton fans were too intimidating for him. Suso was quiet as was Sahin.

Shocked we let them back in after 2-0 up. Reina should be back imo. Jones looked nervous and gifted them their first, although Sterling should never have left his man.

It was a great tactical move to put on Shelvey and Coates and switch to a 3511 by Rodgers. Stopped Everton's fluid movement in the first half that we struggled with and we seemed to be the better side in the second half.

Gerrard's celebration to Suarez' goal at the end was awesome. Definitely don't have the words to describe Stevie G, but he definitely is a red by heart and not just some footballer that's there to pick up his paycheck.

And finally, Suarez' celebration infront of Moyes was the best thing I've seen in a while. Kudos to him. Absolute star. Very Happy
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:30 pm

yeah finally someone talked about BR's tactical change.3-5-2 certainly worked for us in the start of second half.
I am really impressed by BR till now, I see a quite bright future under him. He knows when to act and how to act, he is not feared at all to make big decisions. I think that will be the advantage of a young manager, being fearless.
Jones, yes he was nervous, but not being a regular he still did well, it seems that he had instruction not to take a chance and play long ball (not sure though), as we saw our defenders were always under pressure by everton front line
Also brilliant move to bring shelvey in, sahin had a very poor game according to me, rest is told by ynwa
BR Chaka :bow: :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Glad you guys agree on the formation change as well. Just shows that BR is very understanding tactically. We were being overrun on the wings by Everton in the first half so BR switches to a (5-3-1-1 or 3-5-1-1) whatever you want to call it and completely nullifies Everton wing play which slows them down considerably attacking wise.

Sterling Suso, and Wisdom really felt the pressure of the derby during the game. all three were below their best, but that's understandable considering their age.

Agger and Skrtel were immense. Some of the clearances, fighting with Jelavic and Fellaine, cleaning up everything. They were the Great Wall of Liverpool and were very unlucky to concede goals by defensive mistakes from their teammates.

Suarez and Stevie :bow: :bow: Both bled for the shirt. One of Stevie's best games this season as he left everything on the pitch. Suarez was back to his best after the poor midweek performance.

Enrique, although solid throughout, did fall a sleep and cost us the second goal (which shouldn't have happened since it was our throw). But it was his first full game back after a long time, so he didn't have match sharpness.
Sahin was meh. Was tidy in possession but we didn't see any real moments of quality we know he possesses.

Shelvey :bow: :bow: :bow: What a performance, comes in and plays brilliantly. He is Gerrard's apprentice and showed just how much he loves the club.

Disappoting not to get full points, but the lads played some great football at times.

YNWA
YNWA
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:40 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Enrique, although solid throughout, did fall a sleep and cost us the second goal (which shouldn't have happened since it was our throw). But it was his first full game back after a long time, so he didn't have match sharpness.
Sahin was meh. Was tidy in possession but we didn't see any real moments of quality we know he possesses.

I actually felt Skrtel was at fault for the second goal. He watched the cross go past, and it was well within his reach. I was confused; he didn't have momentum going the other way either, could've stuck out a foot and conceded the corner. Maybe he thought it was close enough to Jones? It was a rare mistake, but I really thought he was more responsible than anyone else.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:27 am

Whilst Skrtel was also at fault, I do feel Enrique is more to blame (if we want to play that game.)

Agger told him to man mark Naismith and Enrique went to him and then started ball watching. He lost his man (as he wasn't aware of the run...) and they scored the equaliser.

I'll have to watch the goal again, but if I remember correctly Jones could of came out and grabbed the ball. He shouldn't have stayed on his line.

Regardless, not a fan of the blame game. It's a team game after all, and people are always going to make individual mistakes. It's as a team how well we come back from it.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has hit out at officials after Luis Suarez was denied a an added time winner in yesterday's Merseyside derby against Everton.

Read Daily Mail match report - Everton 2-2 Liverpool: Luis Suarez denied by late offside as Reds blow two-goal lead

"I've seen it (Suarez's disallowed goal) again and we can feel sorry ourselves because it was a clear goal," said the England captain.

"We should have taken away the three points rather than just one.

"There is no offside and it's difficult for me to explain it. The only person who can explain it is the linesman.

"I asked him after the game if it was offside and he said 'I think so'. That's not good enough.

"If every decision in this league is based on 'we think so' then we're in trouble.

"The linesman got it badly wrong. The benefit of the doubt is supposed to go to the attacking player anyway.

"And for their second goal, it's a clear throw-in to us.

"The linesman (not the one who flagged Suarez offside) gives us the throw but the referee (Andre Marriner) saw something different.

"He gave Everton the throw and their second goal came from that."

Read that? Makes it even worse and why I hate linesmen twice as much as I hate incompetent referees. They stand metres away from the line and think they can make such acute calls. Pisses me off beyond belief.

I normally am a very peaceful man and I'm not going to lie, if I saw this man full on assault him for such stupidity. Balls on this guy to have that response to Gerrard.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:38 pm

ynwa wrote:Still don't know what to make of it. We should of got 3 points but I feel Everton were the better side.

Everton were good when they were trailing, but I thought we were better in second half. Starting both Suso and Sterling left us a little light-weight in midfield when we were put on the back foot, but Shelvey replacing the largely anonymous Spaniard immediately helped us regain control of midfield in second half.

Anyway, I'm still mad at that offside decision, the linesman wasn't obstructed or anything, it was simply a piss poor call. Can't remember when I've been this furious about a refereeing decision - if ever.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3