Donuts
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ronaldo wants 400k a week - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo wants 400k a week

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:46 pm

che wrote:
that's very nice

now let's say they don't take a luka modric approach and don't force him to stay for one more season, instead ship him out next summer... ronaldive being on the market will send psg and man city to an unprecedented frenzy after the most marketable player in the world and madrid may get back all their initial outlay for ronaldive, possibly even make a profit... your entire post hangs on the desperate assumption that madrid will stick around with an unhappy player for a year

Disagree, lets take your scenario. If Madrid were to offload him in the summer he would be worth slightly more, however i don't believe it would trigger an unprecedented bid war between these clubs, i can cite three reasons why:

1. Man City has shown last market and in their statements they intend to follow and comply with FFP. There would be no easy way to buy Ronaldo at the price you suggest, give him the pay he wants and still be able to balance their books. They would have to offload a couple of players at the very least to make it feasible, and at that point it might not be worth it. Manchester City is a very intelligent organization and are leaders of analytical information in football, they wouldn't bid recklessly.

2. There has already been more than one instance where a world class player that it marketable has been on the market and no crazy bid wars happened. Again, Manchester City has the best example. After the fallout with Mancini, Tevez was suddenly on the market, City wanted 40m Euros which under normal circumstances would be a fair price for him. Even though Inter, Milan and others were supposedly interested no one bit. They all knew he was overpriced under that situation, and that brings me to my last point.

3. Billy Beane once wisely said that once you have to make a move, you're *bleep* because you're going to make a bad deal. Football clubs are now suddenly understanding this, they know they don't have to splash the cash like there's no tomorrow. If they can all control their impulses, they know Madrid will be forced to offer Ronaldo next window for an even lower price, and if one club can't resist then its ok with the others too, since that club made a shit deal and the others are now in an advantage.

how about... madrid receive 80+ mil for ronaldive from either man city or psg and spend 60ish of it to trigger falcao's release clause... no "attempt to take as much money as possible", no negotiation, throw money at him and he's yours

This is feasible, even if they don't get 80m for Ronaldo they could still buy Falcao, however, this is a less then ideal solution in my opinion, for two big ugly points that stick out.

The first is that Falcao is a very central striker who does not regularly drift wide, Ronaldo is a right wing player that drifts inside but can also provide width. If they play Radamel to his strengths, theres still a hole missing in right wing and you have three center forwards. Although Madrid could offload Higuain and say also bring in Bale in so now you have Bale Falcao and Benzema/Di Maria infront.

Now for my second point, Falcao last season scored 36 goals and gave 6 assists. Ronaldo scored 60 goals and gave 9 assists. Falcao can still improve, buts he's going to struggle to double his output in that way. Add into that the disruption of a proven team and i wouldn't guess the new Bale Falcao combo is better than the old Ronaldo Benzema/Higuain combo.

no, not one less greedy player... if the club take a stand against one player who is demanding a pay raise, the rest will be discouraged from doing so... you give in to blackmail once, expect to be blackmailed more often

losing money how exactly? half of his image rights (around 25 mil euros iirc) just about covers his salary and for some reason i don't think madrid need to have a ronaldive kit available for their shirts to be popular... same applies for other sponsors, if he played for levante then yeah, losing a player of his marketing calibre would be disastrous but it's not like everyone will stop buying madrid merchandise if he leaves

You're right in the fact that Madrid would certainly survive and would still be an elite club without Ronaldo and would still have millions of fans and attention around the globe. However i still believe they would lose money both in the long and short term.

In the short term would be if the go for my proposed Bale/Falcao combo, which i believe would cost more than Ronaldo/Higuain sold and the formers bought. But it can be avoided, say Madrid stick Marcelo in RW and only buy Falcao.

In the long term because the team would be less competitive, both in Europe and in La Liga and sponsorship deals are in this particular moment, soaring to new record highs, and Sponsors of course are looking at which clubs are in. Take the new incredible United and City deals for example, in Uniteds case they knew that losing Wayne Rooney would be a huge deal and they quickly came up with an awesome deal for him. Madrid might be leaving a lot of money on the table without their stars, Perez bases his whole presidency around that ideology in fact.

Also the Rooney case was a nice precedent on a club that gave an amazing deal to its star player and didn't have the rest of the team all bothered and lined up for similar deals, this happens because they all know that they have to start performing that way to be able to negotiate such deals, they're not stupid, they all have very slick agents.

But you can also imagine Madrid having to shell out new contracts for maybe, Ronaldo, Benzema and Ozil and paying an extra 50m in wages alone each year or some other silly amount. Madrid are in the unique position of one of the very very limited clubs that can afford such a thing. If they deny, then players suddenly understand that Madrid is now like Arsenal, a club where you can't take your career to the very top and suddenly players won't like playing in a team that sells their stars and replaces them with inferior players and doesn't give out fair wages and more transfer requests will pop up, and the whole cycle we're discussing will repeat and Madrid will lose even more money. Arsenal does it because they have no other choice, Madrid on the other hand does. Trying to stop time is the unwisest thing a football club can do.

So i disagree with you, the transfer market is inefficient, saying No to transfers is a good way to save money.

chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo wants 400k a week - Page 3 Empty Re: Ronaldo wants 400k a week

Post by Donuts Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:10 pm

If Ronaldo leaves Madrid they just buy another superstar and overhype him and it'll just be the same as Ronaldo
example : Buy Neymar who already is known as a global superstar and shirts will sell like no other, plus he is more of an investment considering his age.
Ronaldo will not sell for 50m either expect high 80s or 90s enough to buy 2 neymars.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3