fatman123
The 14th
Donuts
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ronaldo wants 400k a week Empty Ronaldo wants 400k a week

Post by Donuts Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:11 am

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1175963/cristiano-ronaldo-%27wants-L400k-a-week-at-real-madrid%27?cc=5901

"Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo wants to become the first footballer to earn £400,000 a week, according to an ESPN source.

Cristiano Ronaldo
PA PhotosCristiano Ronaldo has spoken of his "sadness" at Real Madrid

• PSG: No contact with Ronaldo

Because of Spain's punitive tax laws, Ronaldo would need to break through the £400,000-a-week barrier for a big pay rise to take effect.

As Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain look on with interest, negotiations to secure Ronaldo's future at the Bernabeu have got under way.

Ronaldo has issued a public statement insisting that his remarks about his "sadness" at the club were not related to finance.

But the source said he would want to double his current salary, and this would help to convince him the club was willing to fight for his future.

The Portugal international had been the world's best-paid player when moving to the Bernabeu on a £200,000-a-week deal in 2009, but he has since slipped down the pecking order, with the likes of Samuel Eto'o, Didier Drogba, Neymar and Wayne Rooney all earning more.

Additionally, Madrid currently own 50% of Ronaldo's image rights, and he has overtaken David Beckham as the game's most lucrative commercial property in terms of shirt sales.

Ronaldo remains under contract until 2015, and his buyout clause would appear prohibitive even for the likes of Manchester City, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain. A move to Russia or China would not appeal to him, ESPN understands
."

Do you guys think this is real? Does Penaldo come off as the type of player who wants more money? Discuss
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Ronaldo wants 400k a week Empty Re: Ronaldo wants 400k a week

Post by The 14th Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:23 am

I need two different numbers to give an opinion on this that actually means something.

I need to know how much messi is earning and what he will earned once he gets his raise.

And i need to know how much it would affect the club to give ronaldo this kind of money, specially when kaka leaves.

It's not my money so i cant complain, and real madrid are in the economic condition to rebuild their stadium to look like a starship from star trek, so i see nothing wrong with giving a guy who has scored near 110 goals in 2 seasons a pay raise over has beens like eto,o drogba, and inferior players such as rooney.

Give him the money, we all know he will get the raise.

As for the messi bit, i just want to see how much the ronaldo haters/ barca ban wagon can hate without looking hypocritical.

I doubt the raise will be that high, but we will see.
The 14th
The 14th
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:25 am

Neymar is on over 200k/wk :facepalm:

i know its off topic but how are Santos coming up with that much money?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:36 am

The 14th wrote:I need two different numbers to give an opinion on this that actually means something.

I need to know how much messi is earning and what he will earned once he gets his raise.

And i need to know how much it would affect the club to give ronaldo this kind of money, specially when kaka leaves.

It's not my money so i cant complain, and real madrid are in the economic condition to rebuild their stadium to look like a starship from star trek, so i see nothing wrong with giving a guy who has scored near 110 goals in 2 seasons a pay raise over has beens like eto,o drogba, and inferior players such as rooney.

As for the messi bit, i just want to see how much the ronaldo haters/ barca ban wagon can hate without looking hypocritical.

The thing is, Madrid is rich, yes but as a business they would be stupid to give away money in such a way to double a players wage, and not just some random player I believe he is already top 10? or 15 most payed players Messi being 7 last I checked.
But by all means he may be worth it but still Madrid knows how to handle their money I don't see them giving into Ronaldo *that is if the story is true*
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The 14th Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:42 am

Donuts wrote:
The 14th wrote:I need two different numbers to give an opinion on this that actually means something.

The thing is, Madrid is rich, yes but as a business they would be stupid to give away money in such a way to double a players wage, and not just some random player I believe he is already top 10? or 15 most payed players Messi being 7 last I checked.
But by all means he may be worth it but still Madrid knows how to handle their money I don't see them giving into Ronaldo *that is if the story is true*
Ya they arent stupid or atleast i hope theyre not anymore, after what weve pulled in the recent past, he might want that, but he wont get it.

Actually how much would that be a year? if he wants that, he'd be kinda stupid and delusional to a certain degree lol, that would be more than 20 million a year right? Not a chance. But he deserves a raise if compared to neymar ffs.
The 14th
The 14th
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:43 am

I saw the name Harry Harris on top of the article and you can pretty much conclude this is bullshit.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:45 am

What exactly is the problem with being the type of player who wants more money? Is it some sort of evil behaviour?

There is no problem with CR negotiating with Madrid for the highest wages. It is his right to test his worth in the market. There is a problem, however, if he goes public with it and starts saying he is "sad" inorder to pressure Madrid into paying that kind of money. That is uncalled for and if he is criticized, it will be for this behaviour and not because he wants earn more than Messi.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:52 am

Tbf, Messi just got a new deal that made him the 2nd highest paid footballer in the world after Eto'o. I can understand CR in wanting the same thing tbh
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:01 am

I think the pay for the "top players" has run totally out of proportion nowadays (same with the Formula 1).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:27 am

Ronaldo shouldn't be complaining about his wages. He has signed that contract. If he wants to earn more, hand in a transfer request à la Rooney and see what happens.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:51 am

Eto'o :bow:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:35 am

Thats 26,164,736 Euros per year, not bad huh? Outside the Barcelona players and Falcao, that amount could buy you pretty much any player in La Liga, annually.

Ronaldo will get it, Madrid can afford it.

Edit. Oh, and say they give him a 5 year deal with that amount, the grand total would be 130,823,680 Euros, maybe they could try buying Messi with that amount.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:39 am

I don't think so, yes he is an amazing player for Madrid but if they give in to what the player wants more will ask the same, Madrid would be smart to set an example by using Ronaldo it's not like this club is Arsenal many players would kill for Ronaldo's spot.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 am

I think the clubs really need to stop this payment upward spiral as the wage bills get dangerously high over all which will especially hurt the clubs with lower revenues as their players will of course also orient themselves at the top incomes and demand more and more.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:49 am

greedy, but I doubt it is true.

If I were a player, I would be loyal and basically sign whatever contract I was given.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:51 am

BTW, to put this into proportion - you can finance the whole of my club RWO (including senior players, youth teams, staff and everything) with "only" 2.5 million Euros for a whole year. :facepalm:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:56 am

Kick wrote:greedy, but I doubt it is true.

If I were a player, I would be loyal and basically sign whatever contract I was given.

But what if a player who doesnt work as hard as you, isnt as good as you and doesnt help the team like you gets more money than you?

You would still sign the contract, no problems at all?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:59 am

The Franchise wrote:

But what if a player who doesnt work as hard as you, isnt as good as you and doesnt help the team like you gets more money than you?

It isn't all about money for me, and I'm not a jealous person.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:12 am

Donuts wrote:I don't think so, yes he is an amazing player for Madrid but if they give in to what the player wants more will ask the same, Madrid would be smart to set an example by using Ronaldo it's not like this club is Arsenal many players would kill for Ronaldo's spot.

Its fine, if Ronaldo gets an improved contract then yes, maybe other players will move in that direction, say Ronaldo, Benzema and Ozil get better contracts and Madrid has to shell out some silly extra amount in salary, say 40m Euros extra per year. Madrid can afford that.

And then the players are obliged to perform, if they drop form, they will be quickly offloaded or forced to sign lesser deals. In the end its almost always cheaper to give out better deals than to have to find replacements, there's several reasons like these that explain why football salaries are highly efficient.

And then there's also the fact that Madrid does not want to find replacements even if they don't want to give out better contracts. Yes, there are thousands of people who would kill to wear the Merengue jersey, but how many are world class record braking players like Ronaldo? There is no substitute for him.

I think the clubs really need to stop this payment upward spiral as the wage bills get dangerously high over all which will especially hurt the clubs with lower revenues as their players will of course also orient themselves at the top incomes and demand more and more.

If FFP works, its going to take care of itself, already there have been tons of actions to limit over expending. Even if Ronaldo huffs and puffs for say... a 500k a week deal, he won't be able to get it because no one can give him such a deal and still be able to balance their books.

greedy, but I doubt it is true.

Excuse me but i can't believe that.

Even if it were true, you are an anomaly, there's a reason Communism has failed.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:26 am

How can Communism fail when it was never implemented >.>
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:34 am

Kick wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

But you wouldnt think the club doesnt value me and doesnt respect what I do?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:36 am

The Franchise wrote:
Kick wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

But you wouldnt think the club doesnt value me and doesnt respect what I do?

I might, but honestly. as long as I am happy with where I am I won't be bothered.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:08 am

whats wrong with someone asking for more money when he has the privelege to do so?

every single one of you would do the same
its just that you dont admit it now, in a position totally different from his you just wanna be the superior guy cause of your current situation since you will never reach what he achieved and never have the privelege to earn these numbers or demand for more
every footballer wants more money than he gets, its just that few ask for it, and those few are the ones that actually believe the deserve and will indeed get it aka cr in this situation

anyway this is probably BS considering who wrote it

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:23 am

The Franchise wrote:

I assume you are referring to Kaka, he was put on that wage when he signed, and he signed a 6 year contract nothing we can do about, we can't cut his wages unless he signs a contract allowing us to do so

He will be gone next summer anyways

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:26 am

I wasnt talking about anyone at all. My question was purely hypothetical.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next