Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

+25
RealGunner
Die Borussen
Highburied
The Franchise
guest7
rwo power
dronte
iNFINITY9910
vivabarca38
Vlad the Impaler
Arquitecto
the xcx
CBarca
Kick
The Messiah
Dnmac4
Zealous
Blue Barrett
McAgger
gondov
norton
Ganso
LeSwagg James
Onyx
Cotes
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Cotes Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:02 am

Chelsea vs Juventus or Real Madrid vs Manchester City?????
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-08-30
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:05 am

I'd go with Real Madrid vs Man City.


Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40128
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Cotes Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am

Yohan Modric wrote:I'd go with Real Madrid vs Man City.


of course you would...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-08-30
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Onyx Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:34 am

Probably am biased a bit, but the late drama in the game was cool. Smile

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40128
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:37 am

I think the answer is pretty obvious :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Ganso Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:50 am

city vs madrid was one of the best games ever in CL imo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 15522
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by norton Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:13 am

Ganso wrote:city vs madrid was one of the best games ever in CL imo

You have not watched much CL. But it was a little more dramatic than the Chelsea-Juventus match.

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 187
Join date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by gondov Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:15 am

Its very difficult to tell, hardly anyone here has watched more than 2 full games out of idk how many. Rolling Eyes

It could be shakhtar vs Nordjella??~~? for all we know, I doubt anyone watched that match on this forum.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1176
Join date : 2012-05-27

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by McAgger Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:19 am

lmao Gondov, you could be right Laughing

But out of the 3 I caught this past two days, I would say Madrid vs City was phenomenal :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28318
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 107

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:33 am

Madrid Vs City was somewhat boring until the last 30 mins.

Chelsea Vs Juve had excitement spread more evenly in general.

That said, those last 30mins of Madrid-City were fkin brilliant.

Btw someone said best CL match ever? Luuullllzzzzzz Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 10352
Join date : 2012-03-03

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Zealous Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:43 am

The Madrid v City game had a winner so of course it was the better game for the neutral.

Chelsea v Juve was a good game but overall it wasn't something to write home about. High quality match but that is what you expect from the champions League.

In terms of actual quality on show I think Madrid v City had better talent on both sides.

Oscar's goal was a work of art though.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Zealous Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:44 am

Cotes wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:I'd go with Real Madrid vs Man City.


of course you would...

You asked ffs he's just giving you his opinion. The only issue you have with his answer is that he doesn't agree with you rofl
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:14 am

Madrid vs City was the better game although it was all because of the second half. If my memory serves me right all the goals were scored in the second half.

I will say this there were only two quality goals (Benz and Dzeko/Yaya) in the 5 scored in that game the others were deflections or mistakes etc.

The quality of goals in the Chelsea vs Juve game were top class and much much better.

So it's a hard call but a game with a winner is always better then a tie IMO so I gotta go with Madrid vs City although start to finish the other game was better but not the better game if that makes any sense what so ever.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Zealous Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:19 am

The build up to Marcelo's goal was a fantastic team effort and Marcelo's shot was heading towards goal even without the deflection.

The same goes with Cris's goal. Look at the build up in the lead up to the goal, that's where the quality is.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:22 am

Madrid vs City was the better game although it was all because of the second half. If my memory serves me right all the goals were scored in the second half.

I will say this there were only two quality goals (Benz and Dzeko/Yaya) in the 5 scored in that game the others were deflections or mistakes etc.

The quality of goals in the Chelsea vs Juve game were top class and much much better.

So it's a hard call but a game with a winner is always better then a tie IMO so I gotta go with Madrid vs City although start to finish the other game was better but not the better game if that makes any sense what so ever.
Zealous wrote:The build up to Marcelo's goal was a fantastic team effort and Marcelo's shot was heading towards goal even without the deflection.

The same goes with Cris's goal. Look at the build up in the lead up to the goal, that's where the quality is.

Just because Marcelo's shot was going to be on target doesn't mean it would have gone in.

And I'm sorry but Ronaldo took that same exact shot 6 or 7 times that game, I would say he could have and did take that shot any time he wanted it.

I mean literally he shot from the same five yard patch over and over again, IMO that was his weakest effort on goal. There were some others from the same spot he caught better with his foot and were better shots, Hart just Shat his pants.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by The Messiah Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:27 am

Definitely Bayern vs Valencia, I love how Bayern completely dominated Valencia, although it didn't appear on the score line, Madrid vs City was also good but then Schalke and Dortmund matches were also exciting
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 6153
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Zealous Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:47 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
Just because Marcelo's shot was going to be on target doesn't mean it would have gone in.

And I'm sorry but Ronaldo took that same exact shot 6 or 7 times that game, I would say he could have and did take that shot any time he wanted it.

I mean literally he shot from the same five yard patch over and over again, IMO that was his weakest effort on goal. There were some others from the same spot he caught better with his foot and were better shots, Hart just Shat his pants.

Just because Marcelo's shot took a deflection doesn't mean it wouldn't have gone in anyway. It works both ways my good man, the point is Marcelo created the opportunity very well by setting himself up for the shot which went in, he clearly was trying to score a goal and that's what happened...

Also the passing and pressing of the team before Marcelo's shot was great.

Also I think you missed my point about Cris's goal. The shot itself was not an accurate one but it was a missile, look how ridiculously fast it drops in front of Hart. Even then they way he side stepped Zabaleta like he wasn't there, the pass he got from Marcelo, the pass Marcelo got from Pepe and so on. The pressing and passing which lead up to the goal was amazing imo, considering how late it was in the game.

Count how many City players are defending in their box on all of Madrid's goals. Ask yourself how they got there.


Last edited by Zealous on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Kick Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:49 am

City vs Madrid and Chelsea vs Juve were both great.

I would go with one of them Razz
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by CBarca Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:56 am

I missed the Madrid Man City game because I had a football game Sad

Twas an awesome game though, but I always miss dramatic games. Missed Man City vs QPR as well cause of football lol
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20401
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:57 am

Zealous wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:
Just because Marcelo's shot was going to be on target doesn't mean it would have gone in.

And I'm sorry but Ronaldo took that same exact shot 6 or 7 times that game, I would say he could have and did take that shot any time he wanted it.

I mean literally he shot from the same five yard patch over and over again, IMO that was his weakest effort on goal. There were some others from the same spot he caught better with his foot and were better shots, Hart just Shat his pants.

Just because Marcelo's shot took a deflection doesn't mean it wouldn't have gone in anyway. It works both ways my good man, the point is Marcelo created the opportunity very well by setting himself up for the shot which went in, he clearly was trying to score a goal and that's what happened...

Also the passing and pressing of the team before Marcelo's shot was great.

Also I think you missed my point about Cris's goal. The shot itself was not an accurate one but it was a missile, look how ridiculously fast it drops in front of Hart. Even then they way he side stepped Zabaleta like he wasn't there, the pass he got from Marcelo, the pass Marcelo got from Pepe and so on. The pressing and passing which lead up to the goal was amazing imo, considering how late it was in the game.

Count how many City players are defending in their box on all of Madrid's goals. Ask yourself how they got there.

Dude, City let Ronaldo shoot from that spot all day long. Like I said he literally took 6-7 shots from that same exact spot. It was an error by Hart. I'm not saying anything bad about Ronaldo or anything but the goals were not clean nor were they as good as the goals in the Juve Vs. Chelsea game there's nothing wrong with that, I still said it was a better game.

But the 3 out of the 4 goals in the Juve vs Chelsea game were top class goals, they were some of the best goals of the tournament so far.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by the xcx Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:00 am

Everyone circle-jerking over a Chelsea v Juve draw Laughing..Game was all about who can hoof the best. As for me Real Madrid vs Man City, 5 goals in 20 minutes :bow:.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7535
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Zealous Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:04 am

Forget the shot, I'm talking about the build up here. Why did City "let" Ronaldo get so many bites at the apple? Maybe the answer to that will explain what Madrid were doing right in terms of overall play in the build up to all three goals.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:44 am

City vs Juve. Hands down.

Madrid vs City was an interesting tactical battle yet a poor display of football overall and decided mostly by wayward defence and poor discipline. Chelsea-Juve was a far more interesting game from a technical viewpoint despite being a bit scrappy. Better football as well.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12281
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Kick Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:01 am

Nameless wrote:Everyone circle-jerking over a Chelsea v Juve draw Laughing..Game was all about who can hoof the best. As for me Real Madrid vs Man City, 5 goals in 20 minutes :bow:.

watch the match again mate, only Cech was hoofing it (as always :facepalm: )
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34814
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:10 am

Zealous wrote:The Madrid v City game had a winner so of course it was the better game for the neutral.

I was neutral but I liked more Chelsea - Juventus.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 3779
Join date : 2012-04-11
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Best Champions League Match 2012/2013 Empty Re: Best Champions League Match 2012/2013

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum