Ganso
Abramovich
Die Borussen
Arquitecto
M99
30 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:53 pm

dat feel when you put in 6 cages across the map and end up getting 6 gerbils

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:02 pm

Can't express how amazing this game is.

ridiculously addictive.

creeping higher n higher up on my all time fav games with each mission.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:17 pm

Every major developer, critic,etc even del Toro talks highly of Kojima :bow:

Don't think there's going to be another MGS with Konami going under and shit, where will it fit in the timeline? They covered the 60s all the way to 2020s

Maybe a game centered around a young The Boss and the founding of The Philosophers?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:23 pm

saw a lot of ppl wanting a game set in WW2 featuring the Boss and the cobra unit

but then tons of others said they'd just end up ruining the boss' legend and mystique hmm

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:24 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:

One of the best soundtracks i have listened to, and not just in gaming

Firenze listen to the track that starts @ 2hr 14min i have a feeling you'll like it

yeah the soundtrack is legit

RealGunner wrote:Can't express how amazing this game is.

ridiculously addictive.

creeping higher n higher up on my all time fav games with each mission.

what mission are you on
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:32 pm

seeing a lot of people say that this has the best gameplay in the entire series but the worst story hmm

ES pls confirm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:34 pm

Thats exaggeration, not the worst but not the strongest. MGS2 had no story up until the last 2-4 hours.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:27 pm

MGS2 was Kojima trying to make female gamers happy because they didn't like Snakes Laughing

I highly doubt phantom pain has the worst story. People seem butthurt for some reason. Even around mission 14 atm it's really good. It's impossible to surpass stories of snake eater, guns of patriots or MGS1. Specially when Kojima has bare minimum to add in without ruining the other games.

Think about it, everything he can add in phantom pain directly affects the future games. So he has to put in a story which is stand alone. And that's difficult to execute. Every other game has already build up villains and characters.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:06 pm

Love how excited Master Miller gets when you get a S rank Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:26 pm

M99's avatar rofl

RealGunner wrote:Love how excited Master Miller gets when you get a S rank Laughing

Miller's VA is great, even when you lose missions he gives a "Mission failed boss" dismissively in a passive-aggressive way, makes it so realistic

Or when you shoot a kid, ever heard what he says when you do hmm. Smh, made me feel like shit for the rest of the day.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:36 pm

RealGunner wrote:MGS2 was Kojima trying to make female gamers happy because they didn't like Snakes Laughing

I highly doubt phantom pain has the worst story. People seem butthurt for some reason. Even around mission 14 atm it's really good. It's impossible to surpass stories of snake eater, guns of patriots or MGS1. Specially when Kojima has bare minimum to add in without ruining the other games.

Think about it, everything he can add in phantom pain directly affects the future games. So he has to put in a story which is stand alone. And that's difficult to execute. Every other game has already build up villains and characters.

ppl are pissed off because it's legitimately an incomplete game (story wise)

first act is great though but everything after that besides one or two moments is severely lacking in content which is why they stat padded with the extreme missions, took a day off but I'm jumping back into it today, will get some of the more attainable trophies I think

but ain't no way I'm attempting some of the extreme versions of missions Laughing
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:42 pm

plus a good 80% of the missions have nothing to do with the actual story and could have been listed as side ops and you wouldn't have noticed

not bashing the game because I love it personally from a gameplay perspective

personally I think the structure should have been different, could have interspersed the second half within the first and had the ending to the first half as the game's actual ending, as convoluted as that sounds, wouldn't have created any issues within the story

of course it's easy for me to say that when obviously Kojima was building up to the ending that was cut from the game and by then it was way too late and out of his hands
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:43 pm

I accidentally killed a kid somehow, I think by extracting him in terrible conditions Sad

and I like Miller's VA but had a tough time differentiating him and Ocelot over the radio
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:53 pm

no bias since it's hard for me to have a legit opinion after not playing through but just reading up extensively

Big Boss and Ocelot seem like the best characters in the series IMO, not biased because they're involved in the only game I've played I swear

Solid seems like a gary stu RG, I've never liked them :coffee:

and Liquid seems like a generic MAH DESTINY RAGE villain

Snake Eater looks like the GOAT game then Guns  Of The Patriots

Also the GOAT fight in Bloodborne was obviously inspired by the final fight in Snake Eater Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:46 pm

Solid snake is the luke skywalker to Darth Vader Big Boss basically Laughing Majority would say Big Boss is a better character since he is far more complex.

There isn't a definite opinion on the best game though. Probably one of the only game series where people have their own favourites for their own reasons.

I still love Solid snake more since he always appealed to me more. I was more invested in his games. What he achieved was incredible in the entire series. I know he seems like the ultimate good guy but wouldn't go as far as gary stu Laughing

Prefer Gray Fox to Liquid by far though.

As I said before, Snake eater has the combined best story along with MGS. MGS4 overall is better for me IMO.

Act 4 was the best thing I've ever played in any game. Can't remember crying after playing a game. When I thought Solid shot himself... and that's after years of being invested in him. Most disgusting cliff hanger kojima put in. But then the post-credit scene was even worse emotionally.

Good shout with Bloodborne. Never thought about it but it's quite similar lol.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:49 pm

RealGunner wrote:Solid snake is the luke skywalker to Darth Vader Big Boss basically Laughing Majority would say Big Boss is a better character since he is far more complex.

There isn't a definite opinion on the best game though. Probably one of the only game series where people have their own favourites for their own reasons.

I still love Solid snake more since he always appealed to me more. I was more invested in his games. What he achieved was incredible in the entire series. I know he seems like the ultimate good guy but wouldn't go as far as gary stu Laughing

Prefer Gray Fox to Liquid by far though.

As I said before, Snake eater has the combined best story along with MGS. MGS4 overall is better for me IMO.

Act 4 was the best thing I've ever played in any game. Can't remember crying after playing a game. When I thought Solid shot himself... and that's after years of being invested in him. Most disgusting cliff hanger kojima put in. But then the post-credit scene was even worse emotionally.

Good shout with Bloodborne. Never thought about it but it's quite similar lol.

Fire don't open if you plan on playing MGS4

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:15 pm

Proud Proud

This *bleep* speech by Otacon.

'Snake had a hard life'. Broke me ffs.

ES. go to 3:24 Laughing

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:42 pm

LMFAO rofl

That scene RG hit me in the feels Sad

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:54 pm

Agreed.

MGS4 was the game which provided the most closure. Basically because it was THE end of the series.

Doubt Kojima ever planned MGS5. Only got into it to deliver a next gen game.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:57 pm

I still remember Otacon's diss at Xbox Laughing

rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:58 pm

OMG JUST REMEMBERED THAT LMFAOOOOOO rofl

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:11 pm

FFS I watched both the endings of Snake Eater and Guns Of The Patriots last night. Nearly tore up at "Snake had a hard life" and Big Boss's death Sad It provided closure to every story arc. The final boss batle was just amazing. Solid Snake vs Liquid Snake with MGS 1 music and health bars, then Solid Snake vs Liquid Ocelot with MGS 2 music and health bars, then Naked Snake vs Ocelot with MGS 3 music and health bars and then finally Old Snake theme. Doubt any endgame will ever top that in video gaming history.

And that Xbox diss Laughing I read that Xbox would actually need 7 discs to play MGS 4 Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:22 pm

M99 wrote:FFS I watched both the endings of Snake Eater and Guns Of The Patriots last night. Nearly tore up at "Snake had a hard life" and Big Boss's death Sad It provided closure to every story arc. The final boss batle was just amazing. Solid Snake vs Liquid Snake with MGS 1 music and health bars, then Solid Snake vs Liquid Ocelot with MGS 2 music and health bars, then Naked Snake vs Ocelot with MGS 3 music and health bars and then finally Old Snake theme. Doubt any endgame will ever top that in video gaming history.

And that Xbox diss Laughing I read that Xbox would actually need 7 discs to play MGS 4 Laughing

Yep. Whole Act 4 was Kojima elevating from GOAT to the ultimate GOAT. No one knows how to direct a game as well as him. Best game developer by a mile.

When you were playing this bit. I am 100% sure you were a wreck Laughing Still amazed how Kojima directed it.

And snake's war has changed speech. He is basically describing his life from the very first mission to the current one

firenze pls go, solid a mary sue ffs

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Reddit's reaction to finding out about (safe for RG)
Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:30 pm

lmfaooooooooo

Spoiler:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:34 pm

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next