Ganso
Abramovich
Die Borussen
Arquitecto
M99
30 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Firenze wrote:sold 3 million copies apparently first week hmm

If it follows MGS4, then it will end up being one of the most sold games (specially since it's on all platforms

minus wii U

is mole back from Ipswich from holiday yet?

Firenze wrote:there are numerous times the credits roll in the game btw, I guess to signify the ending to each of the major plot lines (dunno if this is a normal thing in the series), I enjoyed them all..just disappointed that one was cut when it was the main focus of half of the game.

really, really enjoyed Quiet's story though. Fav character in the game.

yea there is always content post credit. But never multiple content.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:12 pm

RealGunner wrote:What's your view on the ending ES?

smh still sneaking around Megas XLR

Its not really the ending that clears up most stuff, its the cassette tapes that you get afterwards and the timeline that shows during the credits

But shit, those cassette tapes are long af, listening tk the last 2 now and one is 9 mins the other is 7. But it clears up a lot of shit
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:24 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:

Its not really the ending that clears up most stuff, its the cassette tapes that you get afterwards and the timeline that shows during the credits

But shit, those cassette tapes are long af, listening tk the last 2 now and one is 9 mins the other is 7. But it clears up a lot of shit

did you do
Spoiler:
related side ops at the end hmm Proud

and don't you agree about the cut content rendering a lot of the second half pointless? hmm

Spoiler:

Cassette's are alright, spent like 30 minutes listening to them post ending, but I would have preferred the infamous long cutscenes, did fans not like that in the past? obviously it's far cheaper to just use voice recordings in the form of cassette's though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:26 pm

gonna go watch the cut content on YT now I guess.

here's a link if you want to too ES

Spoiler:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:45 pm

holy shitttt

mission 12

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:52 pm

you know of any anime with a metal gear feel to it RG? lol

looking for some manga that are similar tbh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:08 pm

In terms of story? nope.

But if you want a meccha anime with metal gear-esque robotos etc then try these

Full metal panic

Mobile Suit Gundam (there are about 500 sequels n stuff though). Not seen any but the series is highly rated.

RahXephon.

Not a fan of meccha so not seen many of those type tbh.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:10 pm

nah I don't like mecha myself

more so looking for military type stuff, think I found one or two.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:22 pm

Don't think I've ever seen a military anime. Tried code geass but it was awful.

Oh, actually try Black Lagoon. It's amazing and has a diamond dogs feel to it since the group is basically a mercenary one and take various missions.

Definitely try that one. One of my favourites.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:38 pm

will do sometime this week, heard about it a lot over the years, highly regarded, lol yeah, Geass is also rated but looks trash to me.

just watched the cut content, would have been amazing ffs. Sad
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:39 pm

btw, i haven't checked the trophy list. Are there any hidden trophies that are a grind?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:40 pm

it's a shame that MGO isn't launching until next month, really itching to play it now

all in all though this is definitely one of the best games I've played this gen easy

probably TW3, MGSV tied with Bloodborne, most likely makes my top 20 games.

what are your fav MGS games in order RG? might get a Vita/rebuy a PS3 to play them
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:50 pm

RealGunner wrote:btw, i haven't checked the trophy list. Are there any hidden trophies that are a grind?

I was considering going for the plat but it's a massive time sink and a lot of replaying the same missions, which tbh, this is one of the first ever games I can say that replaying missions wouldn't be boring at all

things like ranking up every division of your team to level 50 though is gonna be a pain

I mean I did 90% of the story missions (skipped the last few insanely hard  versions of early missions, like the one you were raging on yesterday, think if you get spotted once it's game over lol) and over 1/3 of the side missions and my teams are all around 35

I might try to do all of the side ops though, I was nearly a million in the minus for cash after a specific mission (kept spamming heli support and they kept on getting wrecked)  Proud so I ran through like 15 side ops in 20 mins to recoup, dat rubber stun sub machine gun is GOAT

apparently you have to extract every bird type, scorpion type, mouse type, etc for the animal related trophy Laughing

then of course you have complete every mission with an s rank and every objective trophy
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:55 pm

also things like find every blueprint in the game

and max bond with every buddy

you're looking at 200 hrs plus easy Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:02 pm

Keep in mind that every MGS fan has his own favourite list. There isn't any definite list since it varies from person to person. I am a solid snake fan so I rate his games higher than BB games.

Really wish I played peace walker and the original MGS 1 though. Watching it was so good, playing it would have been goat. I'll still put them on the list though for the sake of it.

For me

MGS4: Guns of the Patriots
MGS1 (probably has the best story on par with snake eater. Would have been my no 1 if i played it. Shadow Moses Incident is a landmark MGS moment along with BB vs TB.)
MGS3: Snake eater
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
MGS: Peace Walker
MGS2: Sons of liberty
MGS: Ground Zeroes

I think I'll put phantom pain somewhere in top 3 at the end.

Never even looked into portable ops. Heard it was a filler story? M99 played it I think.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance can pls go.

Last edited by RealGunner on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:04 pm

Firenze wrote:also things like find every blueprint in the game

and max bond with every buddy

you're looking at 200 hrs plus easy Proud

hmm.

I'll do it since I have no other game to buy till next year now apart from FIFA16.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:23 pm

Firenze wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:

did you do
Spoiler:
related side ops at the end hmm Proud

and don't you agree about the cut content rendering a lot of the second half pointless? hmm

Spoiler:

Cassette's are alright, spent like 30 minutes listening to them post ending, but I would have preferred the infamous long cutscenes, did fans not like that in the past? obviously it's far cheaper to just use voice recordings in the form of cassette's though

Dont open RG

Spoiler:

RG i'd like to hear your thoughts if/when you finish main ops 43 hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:30 pm

Probably by december Laughing

Just unlocked

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:54 pm

captured a rare sand cat cheers
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:captured a rare sand cat cheers

You're gonna extract him?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:59 pm

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Good, you captured it alive
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:09 pm

Some people on reddit claim BB (Keifer Sutherland) didn't talk a lot because Konami couldn't afford him anymore due to the expense of Kojima delaying it and adding more scenes

One guy theorizes that Quiet was wasn't originally supposed to be mute or named Quiet lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:28 pm

nah that quiet one is bullshit lol.

Keifer talks quite a lot on the tapes though. But it's weird to not see him talk in missions etc. Compared to peace walker, BB barely talks in this one.

Although that can just be due to the trauma he received via 9 year coma
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:32 pm

no idea how much it costs to land known celebs for voice acting roles, but I imagine since Sutherland is ridiculously loaded from his 24 days that for him to even be bothered doing something like this they paid him a lot. Stupid though, why even attach a star name if you aren't going to use him more than about 5 minutes worth of dialogue entirely.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:35 pm

skull face had the best voice actor in this

wasn't a fan of Troy Baker (Ocelot) he was pure trash in this and I enjoy him in other things, can barely differentiate him from Miller at times, seems like he just phoned this one in.

Saw ppl saying Big Boss being on cassette quite a lot is because Sutherland could just record his stuff at home over the phone, whereas cutscenes would have required him to be in full bodysuit etc for facial recognition

I think that could be a reason for lack of long cut-scenes too, back in the day there wasn't any of this futuristic facial motion capture used for ultra realistic visuals
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:37 pm

need to find out who did motion capture for quiet tbh

brb google

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next