Post by Lord Hades Wed 29 Aug - 23:23:40

modric all day and all night

Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Alex Song vs Luka Modric - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Song vs Luka Modric

Post by buddytaller Thu 30 Aug - 0:47:21

Modric is going to be a star at Madrid I can sense it, he's lightyears ahead of Song. Who I must admit was quite impressive when he came on but Modric oozes class, and can carry a team on his shoulders.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu 30 Aug - 3:13:01

Song did very well considering the circumstances. He was very cool and moved the ball very quickly.

Set up messi to almost equalize Thumbs up
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu 30 Aug - 6:07:23

gondov wrote:

Anyway, I can only Imagine if Song was white or lets just say English? I wonder if he would be rated highly then hmm

lets not bring race into this.. no one here was talking about race, just because people dont rate a certain player who happens to be african doesnt make them racists.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 30 Aug - 6:39:32

What is this a joke?

It's late, I'll comment tomorrow.

Song vs Modric....

What are we gonna do next, Allen vs Xavi? LOOOOOLL

PS: In the small cameos they both had tonight, Modric was better defensively than Song was Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu 30 Aug - 11:42:40

Song by far.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu 30 Aug - 14:55:26

vanDEEZ wrote:
gondov wrote:

Anyway, I can only Imagine if Song was white or lets just say English? I wonder if he would be rated highly then hmm

lets not bring race into this.. no one here was talking about race, just because people dont rate a certain player who happens to be african doesnt make them racists.

All I'm saying is with black/African players everyone expects them to be like beasts, rely more on strength and power and not use their brains.

I'm not saying people are racist, but they seem to do it subconsciously, and there is double standard here when judging players. If you're white and offended by this then its probably true, (after all its been suggested that racism is inherent and even kids are born with some form prejudice).

Song has shown far more creativity than modric in the past couple of seasons but people keep going on about his lack of defense. Modric is not even better defensively and creativity and passing, Song seems to be do really well but for some reason people don't want to look at that.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu 30 Aug - 16:25:19

All I'm saying is with black/African players everyone expects them to be like beasts, rely more on strength and power and not use their brains.
couldn't agree more on this one
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu 30 Aug - 17:37:54

Thats an exaggeration, but its true to an extent. People expect stuff based on the pattern that they have perceived, people expect brazillians to do tricks, people expect germans to be efficient, people expect italians to cheat, people expect england to be rubbish, people expect every spaniard to play like xavi ect. The fact is the majority of black/african players at the top levels are power players, most of them have come over from africa to play so i'd guess the footballing education in africa makes it difficult for smaller technical players to excell. There is no problem developing technical and tactically smart black players that grow up in most european and south american countries.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu 30 Aug - 17:55:19

@gondov: that is not my thought pattern, if you want to know what i think i already wrote on the subject.

but do you think its impossible that your opinion is more based on race than others who have posted? because quite frankly i think you are generalizing.

the fact of the matter is song is a very physical player, is it BECAUSE he is a certain race? i dont think he should be reduced to that, i think he is a physical player because he is alex song and that is how he individually plays.

as far as song v luka goes as i said before i think song is the better player overall, but if we are specifically talking about passing i think luka is more conservative and more intelligent with how he picks his passes. i see song misplacing passes more, at least from what i have seen at arsenal.

and is this opinion based on race? no its from what i have experienced by watching both of them play..

and i know im responding strongly, i just hate when people pull the race card when that wasnt the subject and no one was making it a deal. if you want to assume everything people act on is a subconscious result of racism then go ahead, you can apply that to anything, and you will be wasting your time.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri 31 Aug - 16:52:35

Song denying Mehdric a goal on his debut :bow:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb