McAgger
Red Alert
29 posters

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Luisito - Page 15 Empty Re: Luisito

Post by Robespierre Thu 26 Jun - 19:22:30

Absurd ban .

I have read why Suarez is recidivist. Well , he is not the only recidivist.  

Just a list..

De Rossi elbows since World Cup 2006 (Italy -USA 1-1) , he has never stopped to do it, but noone increased his ban and he gets always only 3 matchdays.

Pepe..

Totti had always unsportsmanlike conduct in his career, he did everything, spits , elbows , kicks in the ass, but he took always 4 matchdays at the maximum

Zidane gave an headbutt to Materazzi, and tbh that gesture was very dangerous for his life, not as a bite, but he got just a ban for 3 matches and even the Materazzi's ban because he provoked  Zidane Laughing ( so Chiellini had to be banned? )

what has the sense of all it?

There is no clearness in the football .  
And It is a ridicoulous thing if we consider the football is a world where running a lot of money and a banned match in more can be decisive.

Who has understood how these bans are justified ? Why Suarez takes 4 months and why Liverpool not must have Suarez for 9 matches unlike of other players guilty of similar things, why Totti 5 matchdays , why Zidane only 3 and he gets even banned Materazzi ( he only had this privilege ) etc ...

FIFA should specify the a fixed duration for these Unsportsmanlike acts , otherwise there is only discrepancy and Suarez is the only player in the world who always gets banned exceedingly

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu 26 Jun - 19:41:38

ffs First setback already. We cannot wait for him not playing for 4 months. We have to get a replacement. Dont know now..wont mind him gone idk.

I dont prefer Sturridge alone upfront for 4 months, Too hot and cold. (For another thread)
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 26 Jun - 20:39:11

He's gonna miss 9 PL games. 3 CL games and 1 round of COC. Laughing

That's more than 25% of League season.
50% of our CL group campaign.

rofl

FML season over before it begins.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu 26 Jun - 21:22:07

Liverpool is a strong enough team to play without him for a while and still be near the top, especially if the rumoured transfers of Sanchez and Shaqiri are true.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri 27 Jun - 1:47:34

Sorry but I still dont want Suarez to be sold, unless it makes total sense to sell him and get some top class replacement (not like to like but some WC player). And also, if we sell him, I am sure we will have enough money to sign at least 2 WC players. But I think it is better to stick with him, for the rest of the season. I am sure, a player like him will only start putting numbers and nothing else when he comes back. Now it all depends on whether it makes sense in long term to sell him and get some replacement, around which a team can be built to challenge on all the fronts. We will have to somehow adjust to get results in his absence and that is where BR comes into picture. And if BR is truly able to handle, cope and manage this team in CL and EPL, I will surely consider that last season was not a fluke by him where all the universe combined to get us in title race.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri 27 Jun - 3:44:42

He's been deported from Brazil.

Wow...

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri 27 Jun - 4:29:19

Brazil have no deported Suarez. He has left the country to head home, possibly with some ties to the FIFA ban, but it is NOT related to Brazilian government activities and is not deportation.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri 27 Jun - 4:33:45

Red what are your thoughts on his situation, does he stay or does he go? What's a suitable offer now?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri 27 Jun - 4:38:34

sportsczy wrote:El Cujo... there's a difference between acts that happen as part of the game (tackling, elbows, etc.) and those that are completely outside the game (biting Laughing). It's like biting in boxing by Mike Tyson. I mean, could you imagine if someone was caught biting in the NFL? They'd be thrown out of the league Laughing It's about the integrity of the sport. Not sure why you don't see that.

What about headbutting? Totally kosher? "Part of the game"?
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri 27 Jun - 4:38:59

Liverpool prepared to keep disgraced Suarez despite four-month ban

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-prepared-keep-luis-7334362
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri 27 Jun - 4:40:15

mr-r34 wrote:Red what are your thoughts on his situation, does he stay or does he go? What's a suitable offer now?

RedOranje wrote:What an absolute idiot. A brilliant genius of a player and model gentleman off the pitch (by all accounts) but a massive, colossal, gigantic idiot on it it seems.

It does the club no good to cut him lose or anything though (not that any LFC fan in here is currently implying or suggesting as much).

Price stays the same, they meet the supposed clause or they can piss right off. FIFA may want to screw LFC over this incident but that doesn't mean LFC have to bend over and offer themselves to Barca/Madrid as well.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri 27 Jun - 4:44:23

Anyone else reckons Suarez is actually Heisenberg ??

too many similarities to dismiss hmm

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 27 Jun - 7:30:52

I'm sure Suarez would find it easier to come back in four months in a new country rather than in England where he has already faced a lot of negative press and abuse from opposition fans. A new start in Spain would certainly feel more appealing to me, if I was in his shoes, than staying in England... So, it wouldn't surprise me if this ban made him want a transfer (which obviously would still be difficult because of his very high value).

My conspiracy theory is that either Barca or Madrid paid FIFA to give him this heavy a punishment, so it would be easier for them to buy him smoking
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri 27 Jun - 9:41:36

Two quick points:

1. If Liverpool don't appeal I don't know where to begin FIFA has stated they took the fastest approach to deal with this with the WC still on, so they didn't even really give him a chance. Yes he deserves a ban for it (the picture of Chiellini's shoulder looks fake to me*) but that shouldn't affect Liverpool. We pay his wages, we shouldn't bend over and pay 4 month wages for him on a suspension he didn't commit in a red shirt. 9 games seemed like a fair ban length (well not really but atleast they were consistent with the last 2 offences) but the 4 month is just going over the top, and unethical. And just wrong for Liverpool.

2. Couldn't careless what anyone says, selling him would be the stupidest thing we could do if we want to win trophies in the future.

*Seriously am I the only one that thinks it? His front 2 teeth are his largest and they didn't leave a mark yet the smaller ones did? It's tripped out.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 27 Jun - 14:55:39

The BBC's main football news at the moment is that Barcelona are keen on signing Suarez.

I don't think it's unclear for which club and in which country Suarez would prefer to play, especially after this third biting incident.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri 27 Jun - 15:29:44

Red Alert wrote:Two quick points:

1. If Liverpool don't appeal I don't know where to begin FIFA has stated they took the fastest approach to deal with this with the WC still on, so they didn't even really give him a chance. Yes he deserves a ban for it (the picture of Chiellini's shoulder looks fake to me*) but that shouldn't affect Liverpool. We pay his wages, we shouldn't bend over and pay 4 month wages for him on a suspension he didn't commit in a red shirt. 9 games seemed like a fair ban length (well not really but atleast they were consistent with the last 2 offences) but the 4 month is just going over the top, and unethical. And just wrong for Liverpool.  

2. Couldn't careless what anyone says, selling him would be the stupidest thing we could do if we want to win trophies in the future.

*Seriously am I the only one that thinks it? His front 2 teeth are his largest and they didn't leave a mark yet the smaller ones did? It's tripped out.

This is a ban exagerrated for many reasons.
The football reminded yesterday to be inquisitor and since tomorrow it will come back the usual sport as always, a sport who bans Zidane for 3 matches as his provocoteur.

Firstly, I don't remember similar ban for a player , he can't even train , and we are talking about the football .Probably the most dirty sport ever . You can find everything here, doped , milionar player who make up games, players who act with any type of violence.
But I don't remember a similar ban anyway

Secondly, I don't understand what Liverpool has to do with it.
When Suarez bited Ivanovic, he wasn't banned for Uruguay.
If the appeal won't be accepted, it will be a dangerous precedent for football.
So the player who committ awful gesture in NT will be banned also for clubs?
Totti spitted to Denmark player in Euro 2004, another similar awful gesture, but he wasn't banned with Roma. Same thing Tassotti ... etc
for example it would have been more sense  banning him till to 2015  with Uruguay so as to miss him Copa America , t would have been as much severe (as FIFA wanted) and it would have punished  both Suarez and Uruguay. As it had to be. Not Liverpool .
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri 27 Jun - 17:51:55

At this point, i feel sorry for Suarez. He obviously has some kind of emotional problem that gets triggered in football games... it would be a much bigger issue if he started biting his wife and kids. In relative terms, it's not the bad. For me, he should start by wearing a plastic mouthpiece that American Football players use. With these, he can't harm anyone when he bites since they cover the teeth. Second, take medication. I'm sure he's already been through a lot of therapy... 3 bites later, i think it's time to move to something stronger.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri 27 Jun - 17:55:23

Will Monaco sign him, if offer him to them. It seems very difficult that a deal will be settled between Barca and Liverpool, because Barca wont pay a price which can be agreed by Liverpool. Also Monaco will get a very talented and WC player

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri 27 Jun - 17:59:01

@RedAlert, Liverpool can't appeal. Only Suarez and Uruguay FA can.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat 28 Jun - 5:51:54

I think, if this ban gets upheld, Liverpool should seriously consider restricting players from playing in International competitions. I understand that it will never happen, and I understand why (obviously players will be less likely to sign for a club that limits their ability to play for their national teams), but in the last year we've now seen (i) a national manager injure a player of ours by playing him with a knock to "test his toughness" and (ii) a player get banned for an action taken while not in a red shirt, without any precedent.

If there are so many risks to allowing players to train and play with their national team, then we shouldn't allow them to do so. If FIFA wants to exert their authority like this, they should pay the price.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat 28 Jun - 5:56:57

Fyhs

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat 28 Jun - 8:57:54

Don't call me James wrote:@RedAlert, Liverpool can't appeal. Only Suarez and Uruguay FA can.

Take them straight to court then and threaten them to pay his wages, and watch them get rid of this 4 month farce.

The 9 games seemed to be ideal after his first 2 bites, atleast they showed consistency, but this 4 month ban is ridiculous. And again, they stated they rushed into the decision.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat 28 Jun - 10:57:05

stevieg8 wrote:I think, if this ban gets upheld, Liverpool should seriously consider restricting players from playing in International competitions. I understand that it will never happen, and I understand why (obviously players will be less likely to sign for a club that limits their ability to play for their national teams), but in the last year we've now seen (i) a national manager injure a player of ours by playing him with a knock to "test his toughness" and (ii) a player get banned for an action taken while not in a red shirt, without any precedent.

If there are so many risks to allowing players to train and play with their national team, then we shouldn't allow them to do so. If FIFA wants to exert their authority like this, they should pay the price.

If FIFA is paying all the clubs some amount for their players participation in the world cup. In the same way, they should pay Liverpool whatever amount that he wont be able to play club football for four months. Henry should drag FIFA to court for this, FIFA can go and frrrack themselves with this stupid attitude

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat 28 Jun - 11:58:14

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Henry should drag FIFA to court for this, FIFA can go and frrrack themselves with this stupid attitude
So if a player would assault a person outside the pitch, be put into prison and thus can't play for his club, should the club then drag the judges who issued that prison sentence to court?

I think you can't fault the judicial system when it is the player who broke the law (in the current case committed a repeat grave unsporting conduct).

(e.g. the Breno case - he was put 3+ years into prison for arson and thus Bayern couldn't play him either and they didn't get any recompensation whatsoever.)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat 28 Jun - 13:18:15

I think, you should not comapre the incident in personal life and an incident on a football pitch. A player like Suarez would never do such a thing in his personal life, because in his personal life he is a very humble and nice guy. If you are going to punish such incidents so severely, so other dangerous tackles should also be punished equally; who knows that these players who regularly do such tackles do it intentionally and to hurt other players OR because they also lose control and do it.

It is just that biting is weird, therefore people look at it in a different way. And it has nothing to with club football so why should the club pay for it. So everytime FIFA takes some action on any player, the club should just bend over and present itself. It will be disaster for whole football, if FIFA starts meddling into club matter.

In 2011, there was a matter going on that clubs thinking of separating from Uefa. There were some disagreements between top clubs and the organisation. This time probably it is an unique incident but it is definitely not a crime what Suarez did

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat 28 Jun - 13:31:32

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:If you are going to punish such incidents so severely, so other dangerous tackles should also be punished equally; who knows that these players who regularly do such tackles do it intentionally and to hurt other players OR because they also lose control and do it.
In the Bundesliga there have actually been cases where "horror tackles" were punished with a lengthy ban. Here's an English language article on one of such:
http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/3753/germany/2012/03/04/2945760/paolo-guerrero-faces-six-game-ban-for-horror-tackle-on-sven

(If you read the whole thing - Guerrero was also banned for 5 matches for throwing a water bottle at a fan - so such things are not really new or unheard of.)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum: