since1996
silver
Artilleristen
Ali
MJ
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Why RVP to United is a Good Move for Arsenal - Page 3 Empty Re: Why RVP to United is a Good Move for Arsenal

Post by Eman Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:13 pm

Lex wrote:Fergie would probably offer us his cousin and Gazidis would fork out £25 million
We wouldn't bid £25 million even if it would get us Lionel Messi :coffee:

Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Why RVP to United is a Good Move for Arsenal - Page 3 Empty Re: Why RVP to United is a Good Move for Arsenal

Post by Lex Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:34 am

I can actually see that happening.

Messi has a bust up with Tito, declares he wants a move to Arsenal and hands in a transfer request.

Barca, pissed off with Messi, chuck him on the transfer list at a criminally reduced price of £30 million and tell Arsenal he's good to go

And Wenger......offers £27.2 :facepalm:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:47 am

This thread is so depressing. :facepalm:

Arsenal board go to Hell.Why RVP to United is a Good Move for Arsenal - Page 3 Usmanov-Arsenal
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:02 am

This is one of my favorite sections to lurk on here. :bow: You guys are awesome :bow:

PS. I share your pain. Only difference was that Torres actually turned shite and RVP looks even better Sad But on the bright side you replaced him with Giroud :bow: and we splashed the cash on Carroll :facepalm:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:24 am

What a bump :bow:

Re read the OP and was rofling through the whole thing rofl
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:51 am

MJGunner wrote:
silver wrote:That whole post just sounds bitter. I mean name calling...really...

I love the line where you say VP peaked last season and cant possibly repeat his goal scoring feat. But then again, didn't people say that at the end of 2010/11 season and that he couldn't possible stay fit all season? He not only stayed fit in 11/12, but had his beat season ever.

Obviously it's bitter, I hate him. I'm not trying to write an objective column for the BBC. I'm writing my thoughts on why this could be good for my mates on the forum. No filter.

And I'm really laughing if you think he'll play like he did last year or that injuries won't affect his time at United at all. Imagine if we'd kept him and he'd injured himself for the season and then left on a free? We have moved forward with those signings. BBC said RVP was willing to stay but Wenger wanted him gone. He wasn't worth the risk and he would have affected the team morale. Imagine if the captain of the team was leading the line everyday but had it brewing in the back of his mind that he had no faith in those he was leading. That would be pitiful.

But if you think he'll stay fit and re-claim the accolades he won when he led the line last year then by all means have a look at his injury record and tell me he's not long overdue Smile

Groin Strain - 2012 February 29th
Ankle/Foot Injury - 2011 August 7th
Knee Injury - 2011 February 28th
Hamstring Injury - 2011 February 22nd
Flu - 2011 February 8th
Ankle/Foot Injury - 2010 August 28th
Ankle/Foot Injury - 2010 June 1st
Sprained Ankle - 2009 November 14th
Knee Injury - 2009 September 13th
Groin Strain - 2009 April 18th
Groin Strain - 2009 March 30th
Hamstring Injury - 2008 October 6th
Ankle/Foot Injury - 2008 August 31st
Thigh Muscle Strain - 2008 May 2nd
Thigh Muscle Strain - 2008 April 4th
Thigh Muscle Strain - 2008 January 11th
Thigh Muscle Strain - 2007 December 24th
Knee Injury - 2007 October 18th
Metatarsal Fracture - 2007 January 22nd
Ankle/Foot Injury - 2006 November 19th
Hip/Thigh Injury - 2006 September 14th
Ankle/Foot Injury - 2006 February 10th
Ankle/Foot Injury - 2005 December 22nd
Knee Injury - 2005 October 17th
Ankle/Foot Injury - 2005 February 5th
Sprained Ankle - 2004 November 26th
Sprained Ankle - 2004 August 27th

The fact is, Arsenal is a mentally weak team which has been proven over the last 7 years. How are the younger members going to feel when their best players leave season after season? They won't 'excel' and it wont 'galvanize' the squad. Its more likely to be the opposite. And in these times you expect the experienced players to lift the team. But where are our experienced players? We just sold the captain. When Ronaldo left United, they still had Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Giggs, Scholes etc, they had Rooney step up. Whos going to step up, whos providing leadership? Gervinho? Rosisky? Please. That isn't good enough.
lol that's an extremely cynical way of brushing over everything that's contributed to the trophy drought and reading it makes me kind of queasy that you're that ignorant or hurt by RVP's departure. I'm pretty sure we galvanized and excelled last year when we sold two stars when we weren't expecting to. Now we've sold one and it was our decision if BBC is anything to go by.

So you don't think the likes of Vermaelen, Sagna, Arteta or yes, even Rosicky could provide leadership? What about Podolski, Giroud, Theo and Ox, why can't they step up? Because they don't have ginormous Rooney-esque price tags? Why can't they? Because they don't play for United or haven't won anything? Have some Gooner pride ffs.

I dont want to say I told you so, but...I told you so
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:42 pm

lol epic fail thread :bow:

i'm not hear to piss you all off, but this thread is just funny looking back now lol
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:21 pm

I think we should lock this thread, what you think RG? :fishing:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:58 am

close it Embarassed
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:11 am

Bhends: "Arsenal will have a better chance of winning the PL title this season without Persie that they had last time"
"I don't think Liverpool need Mata. I think Downing will be a better transfer"

visionary :bow:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum