Manchester United agree fee with Arsenal for Robin van Persie ( confirmed )

+84
Kingofeverythingclassy
Doc
Vyey
Luca
andiii
Zealous
silver
Arquitecto
Die Borussen
julias
VanDeezNuts
Babun
Zero
RedOranje
Cotes
Eman
_LMG_10_
LeSwagg James
Kick
vivabarca38
StrikingMidfield
Abramovich
chemicalboy99
VendettaRed07
Sina
The Franchise
nasir6371
TalkingReckless
Blue Barrett
dmize
azzurres
CBarca
Mr Nick09
OLpower
Yeezus
Nishankly
Madvillain
Be/\/ceCALI
LeVersacci
hrealmadrid
urbaNRoots
Swanhends
fatman123
BeautifulGame
yoonie
Dnmac4
Emaharg
RED
izzy
aleumdance
EL Patron
Albiceleste
white_star
Art Morte
Rev
M99
LeBéninois
vizkosity
Le Samourai
REWB
Adit
the xcx
S
McLewis
MindGames7
SchinnerC
Dutti
RealGunner
The Sanchez
Amar
McAgger
Raptorgunner
Onyx
donttreadonred
StrugaRock
Firenze
Gil
The Messiah
Great Leader Sprucenuce
jibers
Ganso
Rebaño Sagrado
Lex
cyberman
88 posters

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Manchester United agree fee with Arsenal for Robin van Persie ( confirmed ) - Page 13 Empty Re: Manchester United agree fee with Arsenal for Robin van Persie ( confirmed )

Post by cyberman Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:38 pm

This is a sign of things to come
City crippled by the FFP rules can only buy English to fill the new quota rules while utd use non billionaire techniques to improve the squad

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Manchester United agree fee with Arsenal for Robin van Persie ( confirmed ) - Page 13 Empty Re: Manchester United agree fee with Arsenal for Robin van Persie ( confirmed )

Post by chemicalboy99 Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:41 pm

MindGames7 wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:Anyways congrats today...I'm sure one of these desperation signings might close the gap slightly......might. Laughing

Our big name signings might be crap but it's ok because we're good at scouting good young players and turning them into stars, and that gives United more of a soul than City. I'd hate to be a fan of a team where all the players were bought in.

Our young players >>>>> your young players.

More of a soul?? I almost puked in my mouth.

AIG sponsored the 50th anniversary of the Munich disaster.

Soul less maybe.

There isn't anything as soulless as that.

Eh? Last time I checked your young players were playing for West Ham and Juventus.

chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:42 pm

cyberman wrote:This is a sign of things to come
City crippled by the FFP rules can only buy English to fill the new quota rules while utd use non billionaire techniques to improve the squad

To be fair, there are a lot of really good young English talents about nowadays. City will probably buy Walker, Caulker and Livermore in a £100m triple deal from Spurs.

Besides, having too many foreign players in the squad can often dampen the spirits in the dressing room (see Arsenal). Might be a blessing in disguise for City. Less Balotellis and Tevezes and more homegrown players.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:46 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:More of a soul?? I almost puked in my mouth.

AIG sponsored the 50th anniversary of the Munich disaster.

Soul less maybe.

There isn't anything as soulless as that.

Eh? Last time I checked your young players were playing for West Ham and Juventus.

So what do you expect your team to look like in 5 years time?

I expect United to look something like this:

De Gea
Rafael-Smalling-Evans-Blackett
Jones-Tunnicliffe
Cleverley-Petrucci-Lingard
Welbeck
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:48 pm

MindGames7 wrote:
vivabarca38 wrote:INB4UnitedHateandArsenalfanssaytheywerebetteroffwithouthim

Arsenal will be better off without him. Wenger has spent the cash very wisely indeed. Song is a huge loss though.

Song hasn't left...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:49 pm

The rumours are true. He is leaving to Man United... Someone ban me...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:58 pm

The wild cards for Man U are the refs, we know they will help them like every season but to what extent who knows.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:07 pm

Wayne Rooney said in september last year that we're trying to copy Barcelona's playing style.

Not by signing an extra striker, we're not...

Something fishy's going on here. I have a funny feeling that Berbatov might not be the striker leaving us this summer, and I'm not talking about Chicharito.

I predict Rooney OUT this summer.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:17 pm

MindGames7 wrote:Wayne Rooney said in september last year that we're trying to copy Barcelona's playing style.

Something fishy's going on here. I have a funny feeling that Berbatov might not be the striker leaving us this summer, and I'm not talking about Chicharito.

LOL.. Why can't Rooney and RvP play together?

Spoiler:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:23 pm

Swagg wrote:
MindGames7 wrote:Wayne Rooney said in september last year that we're trying to copy Barcelona's playing style.

Spoiler:

Two big egos, two number 10s, two wasteful players, and Danny Welbeck is, or at least certainly will be, better than either of them. We play 4-5-1 in the big games and there's no way that both Rooney and van Persie would be happy in that situation.

Rooney just hasn't been the same since that year he announced he wanted to leave. And yeah Madrid or PSG, I think Rooney would prefer Barcelona but he wouldn't get into their team.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:27 pm

Judas Van Persie ... thats what he will be known by arsenal fans from now onwards JVP... :facepalm:

... words of facebook fan in arsenal page

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:29 pm

wooney?? no way... he wont leave... besides he adapts different position that fergie always find him useful.

think chicharito will be out one way or another should there be genuine interest from real madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:29 pm

cyberman wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:It's true that City won on goal difference but even the most level headed of posters have to know that when your putting a team together with pretty much 11 new starters from 2-3 years ago it takes time to learn how to win and play together.

It took Jordan time to learn how to win the same goes for Lebron and Real didn't just snatch the league from Barca when they brought in all the new blood they did.

It takes time and now that City won it they will be much more dangerous. IT doesn't really matter how much they won it by, just that they got over the hump and won it.

City still has a better team but United have SAF and he is the wild card.

But please United fans you don't need to belittle City's EPL championship you should be above that they won fair and square and head to head they slaughtered you so it's OK to say good job see you next year you were the better team.

RVP is a great signing, I don't care if it's 24 mill or 15 mill either price for a top 10 striker in the world is a steal IMO. Congrats and it should be celebrated.

De gea
Jones
Smalling
Cleverly
Young
Welbeck

Our side had more players fitting in than city FFs, lack of experience isn't an excuse for practically being dead in the title race with 6 games to go

I can't wait for next year... Time to put certain people back in their place

You had a core to your team. Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, Vidic, Evans, Nani, Carrick, Anderson, Evra, Ferdinand, Park Ji-Sung, The Twins ETC ETC People who had been there a while and had a system to teach the newbies.

City bought a whole entire new team brought in a new coach with a new system and had to slam it all together and make it into a winning side.

Not to mention you have had the same coach for the last 20 something years or so I mean the situations are not even comparable.

IF you can't understand that and you think United had more pieces to fit into it's system then you really are the biggest troll on here like everyone says. I mean I'm trying to give you some credit here but you don't make any sense.

And also, yes lack of experience is an excuse for a lot of things in sports. In fact I bet if you got out of your troll chair and went and asked your god SAF what one of the biggest factors in winning is he would tell you experience. HEnce why he wont let Paul Scholes retire.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by StrikingMidfield Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:34 pm

Maybe... I would hate to see him leave, but I know if he does we're going to be making a large profit off of it. Enough to buy a very good replacement. Still he's a great player that seems to like this club and I can't picture him leaving TBH.
StrikingMidfield
StrikingMidfield
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:39 pm

MindGames7 wrote:
Swagg wrote:

Spoiler:

Two big egos, two number 10s, two wasteful players, and Danny Welbeck is, or at least certainly will be, better than either of them. We play 4-5-1 in the big games and there's no way that both Rooney and van Persie would be happy in that situation.

Rooney just hasn't been the same since that year he announced he wanted to leave. And yeah Madrid or PSG, I think Rooney would prefer Barcelona but he wouldn't get into their team.

What are you talking about? Rooney was excellent in the EPL last year I believe he had more goals in the EPL last year then any other year ever.

In fact he had 27 goals in 34 EPL games and was second in the league behind RVP in scoring. I think he ended the year with 34 goals in 41 appearances.

And he always drops back to play defense and help out in midfield. How can you say he hasn't been the same since he wanted to leave he was great last year.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MindGames7 Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:45 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:What are you talking about? Rooney was excellent in the EPL last year I believe he had more goals in the EPL last year then any other year ever.

In fact he had 27 goals in 34 EPL games and was second in the league behind RVP in scoring. I think he ended the year with 34 goals in 41 appearances.

And he always drops back to play defense and help out in midfield. How can you say he hasn't been the same since he wanted to leave he was great last year.

He didn't exactly help the midfield tbh, his passing and touch was terrible and he made lots of fouls. I think he put in just enough effort to score goals and impress for his future club, but we weren't seeing him at 100%. He just didn't seem to care about anything other than scoring goals, and running around just enough to not get dropped.

I think RVP will get his #10 shirt.
MindGames7
MindGames7
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:47 pm

[quote="Dnmac4"][quote="cyberman"][quote="Dnmac4"]It's true that City won on goal difference but even the most level headed of posters have to know that when your putting a team together with pretty much 11 new starters from 2-3 years ago it takes time to learn how to win and play together.

It took Jordan time to learn how to win the same goes for Lebron and Real didn't just snatch the league from Barca when they brought in all the new blood they did.

It takes time and now that City won it they will be much more dangerous. IT doesn't really matter how much they won it by, just that they got over the hump and won it.

City still has a better team but United have SAF and he is the wild card.

But please United fans you don't need to belittle City's EPL championship you should be above that they won fair and square and head to head they slaughtered you so it's OK to say good job see you next year you were the better team.

RVP is a great signing, I don't care if it's 24 mill or 15 mill either price for a top 10 striker in the world is a steal IMO. Congrats and it should be celebrated.

[/quote]
De gea
Jones
Smalling
Cleverly
Young
Welbeck

Our side had more players fitting in than city FFs, lack of experience isn't an excuse for practically being dead in the title race with 6 games to go

I can't wait for next year... Time to put certain people back in their place[/quote]

You had a core to your team. Giggs, Scholes, Rooney, Vidic, Evans, Nani, Carrick, Anderson, Evra, Ferdinand, Park Ji-Sung, The Twins ETC ETC People who had been there a while and had a system to teach the newbies.

City bought a whole entire new team brought in a new coach with a new system and had to slam it all together and make it into a winning side.

Not to mention you have had the same coach for the last 20 something years or so I mean the situations are not even comparable.

IF you can't understand that and you think United had more pieces to fit into it's system then you really are the biggest troll on here like everyone says. I mean I'm trying to give you some credit here but you don't make any sense.

And also, yes lack of experience is an excuse for a lot of things in sports. In fact I bet if you got out of your troll chair and went and asked your god SAF what one of the biggest factors in winning is he would tell you experience. HEnce why he wont let Paul Scholes retire.
[/quote]
Vidic tore his cruciate, missed half the season
Anderson missed half the season, scholars was retired
For the other half
Then you start going into our subs for experience... I mean come on

City last season had less upheaval, less bedding in and less injuries than utd had to cope with

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:49 pm

The real question is, is Rooney really going to play behind RVP? How is this going to work?

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:00 am

_LMG_10_ wrote:The real question is, is Rooney really going to play behind RVP? How is this going to work?
Im really not sure. Rooney can play deeper, even though it isn't where he is the best imo. The bigger question is where is Kagawa going to go? If anything he should be playing behind RVP.

Im guessing They will just play a 4-4-2 variation in the League with them playing alongside each other with kagawa right behind them. But in the CL they are going to have to choose either or, who they are going to play depending on the matchup because any formation like that against the top teams will be too rigid and waste too much possession.

Though having too many good players at one place is probably the best problem to have, they probably would have been better served improving their team elsewhere.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:02 am

Rooney has played in the hole for 2 seasons straight now

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:11 am

Wonder how United will replace Welbeck's workrate. Rooney seems to be above that these days.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:20 am

cyberman wrote:Rooney has played in the hole for 2 seasons straight now
And hes done well, but his work rate prevents him from that being his best position.

If there was an attack of Rooney up as lone striker, with Kagawa behind him, and a deep lying playmaker like Modric (who was seemingly bought for the same price if not just a little more than RVP) he would be more effective and he would score more goals. And that roster would be more balanced and each players abilities would be maximized and Allow Welbeck to see more time as he should. Rather than Rooney and RvP awkwardly playing beside each other with Kagawa buried in the midfield somewhere with Welbeck and all the other strikers on the bench.

This move still makes them better than they were but they could have made a better one imo of course.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:49 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
cyberman wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:
cyberman wrote:Adding the best player from germany and the EPL to a squad that reached 3 finals in 4 years isn't a sign of competing with European best?

Am I missing something here? Its not as if the EPL has a recent history of deep runs in the cl FFs...
People need to remember who we are...

Uh first of all they did not add the best player from Germany or the EPL so I don't know where your getting that from. Kagawa and RVP were not the best players in either league last year or any year for that matter. RVP had a great year but just because you have one great year doesn't mean your the best player in the league.

And anyways it supports what I'm saying, he can't keep signing Chicharito, Bebe, Phil Jones, Smalling, Owen, Ashley Young, Valencia, De Gea (Although I think he is world class).

There all good players but not close to world class. They do what SAF asks them to do in his system very well but at the end of the day they just aren't keeping up with the players City, Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc have been signing and producing over the past few years.

That's why you see them getting knocked out of the CL last year in the group stage of one of the easiest groups I've ever seen and lose the league to City.

The signings these teams are making and the lack of world class players they have brought in caught up with them and it's the reason why they can't let Giggs or Scholes go because they need there class in the side because it has not been replaced.

SAF gets the max out of his players but you can't keep expecting him to lose players like Ronaldo, Tevez, Giggs, Scholes, Ferdinand(There not what they used to be), Vidic (Injured), Van Der Sar and even Evra isn't what he used to be etc etc and replace them with players that quite frankly are not the same caliber and keep wining the league and make these massive runs in the CL when there competition in Europe and especially in the EPL (City) are buying who ever they want.

That is why I like the RVP signing because he's bringing real world class quality to his side for 22 mill which is peanuts these days.

Sometimes it seems United fans don't realize what a luxury they have in having the decided tactical advantage almost every game with SAF in charge but every now and then he could use a World class player outside of Rooney and Vidic to dig him out of a hole or win a game just through there brilliance and not the system. Kind of like Yaya and Kun did for City last year to win the league.
Rvp was the best player in England from start to finish last year, it's a fact that cannot be argued. Kagawa was arguably in Germany, it's ok to argue with it but when you argue that we're snot signing world class players them you're using hindsight which is ridiculous,
If we were around when we signed vidic, would you have said he was a world class player when we signed him from Russia at 24 and our only competition for him was from fiorentina? We signed vds from fulham and tevez from west ham. ..not exactly top of rhe range clubs are they? Or are you looking back with perfect 20 / 20 vision?
Valencia was our best player last year, a player that guard oils called the best winger in Europe, why wouldn't we want another like him?
We lost the league last year in the last min v the most expensive squad in football history, a team that failed to get more points than us. Exactly how big do you think the gap was? Is the memory playing tricks?
You cannot take last years european campaign as the norm when we've had 7 odd years of cl consistent success before that. I mean how short sighted can you be?

LOL Short sighted? Last years team most accurately reflects this years team not the teams that made the finals of the CL 2 and 3 seasons ago as Giggs and Scholes have gotten older and there production has gone down and you have not replaced the world class players you lost that were on your team over those runs (Ronaldo and Tevez plus Berba just doesn't play for what ever reason not saying he's world class)

At one point Ferdinand, Scholes, Giggs, were all world class and Evra was pretty close but as of right now which we are talking about as the past means shit they are not anywhere near what they used to be plus they have not been replaced by world class players.

Yes Vidic was a great buy but give me a break on the Tevez from West Ham thing. IF you were a premface living in a cave then I could see how you might not have known how good Tevez was but anyone who watched any sort of football outside of the EPL knew it was just a matter of time until Tevez was on a major team. He was a beast in South America.

And last year is what you judged since it is obvious that Ashley Young, Phil Jones, Smalling, Bebe, Chicharito, Owen, Valencia (Who replaced Ronaldo FFS) etc etc are not world class and they never will be. So if you want to sit around and pretend that they are going to turn into Vidic and Tevez be my guest but it makes you look even more delusional.

I mean wake the F*** up. You can't replace Ronaldo and Tevez with Chicharito and Owen. After a while it catches up with you and last year is when the shit finally hit the fan for United. If you need a reminder watch either the game vs City or Bilbao and you can see that bringing in world class players was needed as they were totally out of there depth in both games.

Also, Kagawa cannot be argued as a world class player or the best player in Germany last year. Sorry, I don't care how in the bag you are for United but that statement makes you lose all credibility.

And BTW, I applauded the move for RVP so I don't know why your acting like with him coming in I'm saying your not signing world class players. I said over the past couple years you have not been which is fully accurate and that has down graded your team.

And if you want to pretend that last year was a fluke, go right ahead and that since the margin was close with City that your just as good as they are then fine think what you like. It's wrong but go ahead and think it.

SAF has a knack of getting maximum points out of EPL games and City was still learning how to win and gel as a team. So if you think that you have improved and City wont get better then be my guest but you're in for a big surprise.

And that is the reason I said RVP was a great signing because it is obvious to any reasonable football fan that there team last year was no longer able to win the league at a canter and be automatically in the final 4 of the CL.

Even when they reached the finals of the CL there was a massive gap between them and Barca and now with Madrid and Bayern getting better I Think there is a reasonable gap between them and United too and again that is why I applaud the RVP signing.

Guys stop going on and on about "the class system" World Class, Top class, Nowhere near World Class blah blah. Football is not a sport of individuals, it's a team sport. Adding another "World Class" striker to the "World Class" Striker we already have will improve out attack, but that doesn't mean we improved as a team/one step closer to beating Real Madrid/Barca/Bayern. Our weak links are still our weak links and we are doing nothing to improve them. Sure, we'll do well in the BPL. But a club of our stature should be competing for Champions League title.

Feel sorry for Welbeck, this could've been his break out season. And Smalling has the potential to be a great player, don't include him in the list with the likes of Phil Jones/Bebe. I think SAF is putting his trust this season on Cleverley and Anderson to fill the spot alongside Carrick. But are they good enough? we'll see

A team is not all about the strikers/wingers you know. You gave them too much spotlight.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:38 am

_LMG_10_ wrote:The real question is, is Rooney really going to play behind RVP? How is this going to work?

Seems like you don't watch Manu games regularly.

He has been playing in the hole for a long time. Dropping deep then running back up repeatingly is something what he does. The "4-6" formation in the CL winning season is an example of how good he was with his playing style. Then every season afterwards, except the season marred by his social life scandal, he has been excellent in that role.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:59 am

Dear RvP,

Manchester United agree fee with Arsenal for Robin van Persie ( confirmed ) - Page 13 BjIMk
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:23 am

cyberman wrote:Apparently for 22m, big rumour going around tonight

Nani................rvp.............Valencia

...........Rooney ........kagawa........

...................carrick...........

With cleverly subbing for kagawa and welbeck for rvp

What a front 6, it's like we're cheating

sooner or later he's gonna start complaining...

Also,I think it's safe to say
CHICORITO TO JUVENTUS Very Happy banana Chaka
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next