Doc
jibers
kiranr
II Capitano
15 posters

Go down

My Thoughts on Robin van Persie Empty My Thoughts on Robin van Persie

Post by II Capitano Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:12 pm

This is rather interesting. For the Arsenal fans, who constantly urge Arsene Wenger to spend big, when was the last time Arsenal bought a household name? With Wenger, the youth are more fundamental, and, to a certain extent, his philosophy has functioned well, of course its ideal condition hasn't been reached for the last few years, but take a look at Alexandre Song, Cesc Fàbregas, and Samir Nasri, etc. The real worry, is when selling essential players is going to stop. Arsenal cannot progress and become a better unit, if they keep failing to keep a hold of their key players, but it's not as black and white as that.

For a player who has offered two world class seasons (one after the other, in 2010/2011 and 2011/2012), Robin van Persie questioning the club's direction is irony at its best. If memory serves me well, which integral figure kept the Dutchman when he was struggling for form and fitness? The same figure that cured van Persie's attitude problems at Feyenoord and stopped him from languishing with their reserves: Wenger. I expected van Persie to leave not because he failed to win a trophy, but because the arrival of Lukas Podolski and Olvivier Giroud, two signings secured extremely early, seemed a bit unorthodox when you look at Arsenal's previous signings and the time of their arrival.

Personally, this is more than disrespectful. From my perspective, Wenger and van Persie had a disagreement about the club's direction, but the latter decided to surprise the man who has been almost like a father to him and take matters into his own hands. A player that was renowned for showing class throughout his spell at Arsenal, a player that is deadly on his day, possibly the best striker in the world -- for him to come out in the manner he did just shows that loyalty no longer exists in football. I know I'm a Manchester United fan, but he hasn't thought of the consequences of his actions. There is a major chance that Podolski and Giroud will struggle because more pressure will lay on their shoulders.

Now that van Persie's heart is no longer with Arsenal, he should be sold immediately. Stripping him off the captain's armband and leaving him on the bench will not work because he's not going to transform and upgrade Arsenal. The best option would be to sell him, so that the problem doesn't escalate. He's almost 29, so selling him now would be a safe, wise decision. The club does have money, according to its accounts, and now is the best possible chance to buy. We have been linked with him (lol), but he deserves to rot with the reserves.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

My Thoughts on Robin van Persie Empty Re: My Thoughts on Robin van Persie

Post by kiranr Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:23 pm

What is RVP supposed to do? Stay on when he differs with the board on a fundamental issue?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:29 pm

\the hard cold truth is player power is at an all time high. The only club that can get away wiyth not bowing down to player power is probably Madrid, seeing as they are the biggest club. Roonesy did it to us, Ronaldo did it to us. It will continue to happen, people can fault RVP but at the end of the day football careers are short. Put yourself in his shoes. If yoiu ahd a chance to stay in Arsenal or go to city or a club that has a far higher chance of attaining silverware what would you do? Henry did the same thing, albeit not as bad as RVP did yet fans still love him.Anyone saying that footballers that go for money are scum really needs to stand up, look in the mirror, evaluate your life and get a *bleep* grip. So what if they move for money? Half of these guys are brain dead and would probably be scrubbing toilets if it werent for football, so them trying to milk it as much as they can seeing how short the life span is is bad? Puh-lease...it's all good and all to scream loyalty, but what would youi do in his situation?

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Because I'm loyal by nature, I would stay and fight up but I can't fault RvP for wanting to explore more fruitful endeavours. Just like Alba, a man should improve himself when he can and if he thinks leaving Arsenal would ensure he fills some of his hierarchy of needs, then all power to him.

Arsenal was there before him and would continue after him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:46 pm

Doc wrote:Because I'm loyal by nature, I would stay and fight up but I can't fault RvP for wanting to explore more fruitful endeavours. Just like Alba, a man should improve himself when he can and if he thinks leaving Arsenal would ensure he fills some of his hierarchy of needs, then all power to him.
Arsenal was there before him and would continue after him

Exactlyt. Can you imagine Madrid bowing down to palyer like that. The EPL has turned into Mercenary Haven. Tevez to City, rooney ands Ronaldo to United, Cole, henry, cesc and now RVP to Arenal. Maybe th EPL should look at the environment it creates that allows for such behaviour.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Tabloid hysteria on RVP, player power, death of loyalty & end of world.LOL. Welcome to the cheap seats. That's the market big clubs created.

All i have to say on the subject.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:51 pm

RVP is in a year RIP. When you hit 30 its like you are 40 at Arsenal.

Question is, who would want to spend the kind of money Arsenal wants for him? ManSh1t probably would, but dont they want to offload Dzeko? I hope Galliani wont try to lure the Bosnian to us.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:53 pm

jibers wrote:
Doc wrote:Because I'm loyal by nature, I would stay and fight up but I can't fault RvP for wanting to explore more fruitful endeavours. Just like Alba, a man should improve himself when he can and if he thinks leaving Arsenal would ensure he fills some of his hierarchy of needs, then all power to him.
Arsenal was there before him and would continue after him

Exactlyt. Can you imagine Madrid bowing down to palyer like that. The EPL has turned into Mercenary Haven. Tevez to City, rooney ands Ronaldo to United, Cole, henry, cesc and now RVP to Arenal. Maybe th EPL should look at the environment it creates that allows for such behaviour.

Its because Madrid and Barca are owned by Fans imo.

If Manu,city etc were owned by fans im pretty sure those type of player power will not be tolerated there too. Glazer couldnt give a single fuk about fans opinion about players imo.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Tabloid hysteria on RVP, player power, death of loyalty & end of world.LOL. Welcome to the cheap seats. That's the market big clubs created.

We can thank Madrid for ruining the market with the Ronaldo buy. Then ManSh1t came along to help making it worse.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Eivindo wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

We can thank Madrid for ruining the market with the Ronaldo buy. Then ManSh1t came along to help making it worse.

or berlusconi for actually starting it in the 90s Sad
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:57 pm

I think it's best to sell RVP before he hits 30. That way Arsenal can get a younger replacement.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:31 pm

if i go to my employer and tell him that i disagree with the way his company is going and then put my ideas through, i will be sacked in 2 minutes.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:34 pm

RealGunner wrote:if i go to my employer and tell him that i disagree with the way his company is going and then put my ideas through, i will be sacked in 2 minutes.

True, but remember that in this example, RVP isn't exactly nameless employee #454987 - He's more like VP of Sales or something lol..
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:35 pm

RealGunner wrote:if i go to my employer and tell him that i disagree with the way his company is going and then put my ideas through, i will be sacked in 2 minutes.

If you were considered one of the best and were wanted by the biggest and richest firms and workers of your type are hard to come by, maybe not brah!

Anyways using that as a way of judging the football world is a joke. Rooney did it, ROnaldo did it, Cesc did it whetehr you admit it or not. Player power is off the scale. I would do it too. At the end of the day, RVP isnt English and has no 'loyalty' to anything.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:38 pm

This is why i love Shola :bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:42 pm

"Being on the podium is a drug. Having a medal put round your neck and running round a stadium with the Cup is addictive. I had the privilege to do it lots of times in my career and never got bored. People ask: ‘What was the best night of your life?’. I’ve had around 14 best nights in my life, always after winning a cup. It is those moments that draw teams closer and create the team spirit to go on and win more."

I don't blame RVP for going. In 50 years, He wants to show pictures of himself in glory and with medals and champagne to his kids....and not a 4th place walk of honour around Emirates every single summer.

Henry left --> WON
Cesc left --> WON
Flamini left --> WON
Nasri left --> WON
Clichy left --> WON
Torres left --> WON
Mascherano left --> WON

It's football. If you are underperforming on the pitch, your best players don't hang around for long.

It's like having a girlfriend, and you can no longer take her out to nice dates or buy her presents......there will be a more handsome richer man out there, who'll lure her away from you. Sorry, cruel life.

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:56 pm

@Schweini..yeah agree what u saying abt gf in a way...but not with part !
more handsome
u know !loool ......btw ..henry..cesc etc u mentioned ..they won coz their clubs em joined won ..u know what i mean !
just a simple Q? ...Who the hell can guarantee RVP that if he joins Juve 4example he will win the fkn trophy ! no one could guarantee....I understand him wanting a trophy ...but1st of all he MUST prove it with Arsenal.... Laughing
Wowwww...best post ever !lol

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:01 pm

Football clubs should be more like Bayern in my opinion. They don't take this sh*t. Once a player goes in, it's up to the club to decide when they go out, not the player.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:35 pm

Bayern have only really sold Hargreaves :bow:
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Damn, I wholeheartedly agree with the entire OP. Weird hearing it from a United fan.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Phritz wrote:Bayern have only really sold Hargreaves :bow:

And only after even Müller-Wohlfarth said the kid was ruined. If he can't get your injuries sorted out, you're f*cked.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Though players did leave Bayern, they didn't want Ballack to go for example, but he let his contract run out and went off to Chelski.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Müller-Wohlfarth :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:36 pm

Some players hesitate to join because of that Bayern strategy. Also agents likes transferring players to earn more money from each deals so they also have slight dislike for Bayern.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:35 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Though players did leave Bayern, they didn't want Ballack to go for example, but he let his contract run out and went off to Chelski.
Right, but Bayern understands the meaning of the word "contract", which a lot of clubs don't really do.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down