Would you be against the scrapping of International football?

+48
Myesyats
Lucifer
Pseudo
izzy
RealGunner
futbol
El Gunner
farfan
Mr Nick09
M99
Hapless_Hans
futbol_bill
Curtinho
Robespierre
DeletedUser#1
Doc
Cruijf
justdoit_
BarrileteCosmico
CBarca
Kaladin
DuringTheWar
Le Samourai
Gil
Jonathan28
Onyx
FalcaoPunch
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
nichabr
Ganso
Abramovich
VivaStPauli
The Franchise
7amood11
rwo power
Vibe
Rossoneri Ninja
BiasedMilanFan3
lszanto
Art Morte
kiranr
McAgger
sbaggio
che
FennecFox7
SchinnerC
jibers
52 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Would you be against the scrapping of International football? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you be against the scrapping of International football?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:27 pm

Probably because Football isn't the main sport in Pakistan Laughing

I wouldn't say i hate international football, but outside of tournaments it is terribly tedious and boring.

Hardly like where i come from don't compete either, we are 4th in the world banana

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Would you be against the scrapping of International football? - Page 4 Empty Re: Would you be against the scrapping of International football?

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:33 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I do agree with the notion that outside of international tournaments then it's a waste of time.
The tournaments are good, but qualifying and friendlies are shite.
What would you suggest instead of qualifying then? A 200+ NT tournament?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:34 pm

International football should be scrappd?! My god, I don't even....

Club football exciting? I must have imagined all the scrub games in the CL over the years, and the one/two horse leagues. There was no diddy teams at the Euro's this summer, and it was awesome. No one getting annihilated, only 2 games ending as goaless draws, a brilliant final. THAT, was football.

I find it hilarious and embarresing thats its the fans of major european fans calling for international football to be removed. Here's an idea, adopt a team in the lower tiers of your local leagues, become a season ticket holder, experience numerous losing streaks, fears of going out of business, relegation etc, then come back and see if you still have this opinion.

As a Barca and Motherwell fan I have experienced my team winning a treble, and my other team almost ceasing to exist. The Motherwell fans all love international football, it gives them hope. Do you not see? For fans who do not support a CL club international football is their CL.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Nishank wrote:International football is amazing, Only the fixtures need to be more thought out and planned for friendlies.
Well, I'm definitely looking forward to Germany vs Argentina in two weeks banana
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:39 pm

rwo power wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I do agree with the notion that outside of international tournaments then it's a waste of time.
The tournaments are good, but qualifying and friendlies are shite.
What would you suggest instead of qualifying then? A 200+ NT tournament?

I'm not suggesting anything, i just dont bother watching them in the end.

Just making a point.

Also Jonathan28 i don't support a CL club and i still prefer club football.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Well, in the CL I support all German clubs - I guess that is my ersatz for international matches then. In the CL I sort of don't consider them "Bayern", "Dortmund" etc - they are sort of "Germany" then too. Go figure! (Otherwise the CL or EL wouldn't exactly be interesting for me as RWO will likely never get into any European competition XD).

BTW, tonight Hannover 96 will take on St. Patrick's in the EL qualification. W00t!! Go Hannover!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:49 pm

rwo power wrote:
Nishank wrote:International football is amazing, Only the fixtures need to be more thought out and planned for friendlies.
Well, I'm definitely looking forward to Germany vs Argentina in two weeks banana

That is exactly what he's on about, having a meaningless friendly 3 days before the start of the season is beyond stupidity.

There should be thought put into when friendlies are played so they don't clash with club commitments.

The reason i feel so strongly about this because our captain and best player will be playing in that friendly and i'm not best pleased about it considering how little depth we have Razz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Jonathan28 wrote:
As a Barca and Motherwell fan I have experienced my team winning a treble, and my other team almost ceasing to exist. The Motherwell fans all love international football, it gives them hope. Do you not see? For fans who do not support a CL club international football is their CL.

So you are essentially saying that Motherwell fans require a top quality team to feel satisfied at the end of the day. Then why support Motherwell at all?

Last edited by kiranr on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:There should be thought put into when friendlies are played so they don't clash with club commitments.
Well, Olympia definitely clashes with club commitments, too. I mean, Switzerland crashed out rather unceremoniously as their best young players decided to stay with their clubs. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:06 pm

rwo power wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:There should be thought put into when friendlies are played so they don't clash with club commitments.
Well, Olympia definitely clashes with club commitments, too. I mean, Switzerland crashed out rather unceremoniously as their best young players decided to stay with their clubs. ^^

Agreed, but that's a tournament and everyone know's about this before hand.

Also it's a little different, Olympics really is a glorified pre-season tournament for players so it's not so bad.

A friendly 3 days before the 1st league game is far from ideal imo and could be more thought out.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:07 pm

kiranr wrote:
nichabr wrote:No thanks most players do amazing things on the pitch to try to represent their country and if you take internationals out of the equation more footballer will feel less pressure to play great football...look at ronaldinho when he was at milan if it weren't for his desire for a brazil call-up his time at milan would have been much worse as shown the next season when he slowed down tremendously.

That is not a valid claim. Players play their hearts out on the pitch because they want to do well themselves. There will always be exceptions to this like 'Dinho. But, that is hardly a reason to justify the Internationals.

It is a valid claim because there are alot of footballers that play to get a spot on their national teams and without international football their would be less honourable players and only players that play only for their paycheck....

People already complain and get idle when their is no football to watch so why should international football be scrapped?
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Friendlies should be banned.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:11 pm

Well, there are quite some clubs that are already in competitive action, due to the CL/EL qualification, and some leagues already started some weeks ago, so international friendlies will never come to a time that is agreeable for everybody. But frankly, I rather watch international friendlies than those boring pre-season club matches like CL-club 20:0 some village-club...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:12 pm

nichabr wrote:

It is a valid claim because there are alot of footballers that play to get a spot on their national teams and without international football their would be less honourable players and only players that play only for their paycheck....

People already complain and get idle when their is no football to watch so why should international football be scrapped?

Okay, but i still don't agree with it. I work for a paycheck, but i still put a lot of my energy and emotion into it because that is what i love doing. I assume it is the same for footballers too.

Well, i think footballers deserve a 1 and a half or 2 month break every season. The rest can be filled with more club football Smile
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:14 pm

People still believe there are athletes out there that don't play for money?

Grow up ffs.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:17 pm

kiranr wrote:
nichabr wrote:

Okay, but i still don't agree with it. I work for a paycheck, but i still put a lot of my energy and emotion into it because that is what i love doing. I assume it is the same for footballers too.

Well, i think footballers deserve a 1 and a half or 2 month break every season. The rest can be filled with more club football Smile

Not everyone is passionate...Every person is different and has different mindsets some just play because they love the sport some play because they want to make their team mates and fans proud and some play to collect loads of cash.

nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:20 pm

nichabr wrote:

Not everyone is passionate...Every person is different and has different mindsets some just play because they love the sport some play because they want to make their team mates and fans proud and some play to collect loads of cash.

Agreed with this Nichabr.

But, i feel people will find a reason to play the game as well as they can even if the Internationals are not there.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:23 pm

kiranr wrote:
nichabr wrote:

Agreed with this Nichabr.

But, i feel people will find a reason to play the game as well as they can even if the Internationals are not there.

Yes but we will also see alot more money grabbing players and the quality of football will drop because players will have less reason to impress.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:25 pm

Well, we will just agree to disagree then.

And, no matter how much i may want it, we all know internationals will never be scrapped. So we will never find out who is right too Razz

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:26 pm

Gil wrote:People still believe there are athletes out there that don't play for money?

Grow up ffs.

This.

If guys stopped getting paid to play for their countries, International football dies because of the mass exodus of "early retirements".

I get people are patriotic or whatever, but I see no logical reason behind midseason friendly matches. It serves no purpose and only goes to disrupt the leagues. Whatever you think is being done in those 2 weeks like 3 months apart could easily be done and done better when the season is over, when training can be continous.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Tournaments - No.
Pre Tournament Friendlies- No.

All the rest is useless and should be done away with.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:32 pm

Schweini wrote:Anyone who wants International football removed has no soul or heart.

yeah, nothing to do with how most tournament games are objectively shit quality...

if nothing else just move all qualifiers and friendlies towards the end of the season, just stop this international break bullshit for the love of god...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:32 pm

I can't even imagine what people would do in algeria if international football was scrapped. We have tons of potential, the talent I see there when I go is unbelievably good. If they had more organization and better coaching we would be a powerhouse IMO. People BREATHE football there.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:36 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Tournaments - No.

/thread
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:45 pm

I dont think there is nessessarilly less quality in international football, what you have is a situation where the top talents are by comparison more widely dispersed among teams as they cant be packed together with each other by money. To me, this makes it more interesting, to see whether they can replicate how they how they play for their club and adapt to their new environment, sometimes they dont, in fact quite often they dont, hense we get the impression there is less quality, when in fact it is simply more difficult for players to shine
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:55 pm

Gil wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Tournaments - No.

/thread
Only because you think so this does not have to be the end of it. Fortunately the people in the say disagree ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next