Would you be against the scrapping of International football?

+48
Myesyats
Lucifer
Pseudo
izzy
RealGunner
futbol
El Gunner
farfan
Mr Nick09
M99
Hapless_Hans
futbol_bill
Curtinho
Robespierre
DeletedUser#1
Doc
Cruijf
justdoit_
BarrileteCosmico
CBarca
Kaladin
DuringTheWar
Le Samourai
Gil
Jonathan28
Onyx
FalcaoPunch
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
nichabr
Ganso
Abramovich
VivaStPauli
The Franchise
7amood11
rwo power
Vibe
Rossoneri Ninja
BiasedMilanFan3
lszanto
Art Morte
kiranr
McAgger
sbaggio
che
FennecFox7
SchinnerC
jibers
52 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Would you be against the scrapping of International football? - Page 3 Empty Re: Would you be against the scrapping of International football?

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:43 am

kiranr wrote:
rwo power wrote:
kiranr wrote:The education and training can happen in multiple ways apart from league football. For example, every country can have a domestic league of various districts where the players from the respective areas play against each other. These players form the talent pool from which to pick your NT squad for every competition.
Huh? But that is league football, isn't it? Especially the lower leagues are set up just like this. It is just that the higher up in the leagues you go, the better players you have to select.

Yeah, that is the point i am making. Why not just have international competitions all through the year instead of the club football being dominant competition. If internationals are better, then wouldn't that be the logical choice?
That's because there needs to be a player pool for the internationals, and that comes from the leagues. So the Leagues have to be important, too, so that they can feed the NTs.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Would you be against the scrapping of International football? - Page 3 Empty Re: Would you be against the scrapping of International football?

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:43 am

Abramovich wrote:
kiranr wrote:What is so exciting about watching a bunch of your countrymen win a tournament or watching your countrymen play in one? It is exciting for them, no doubt, but how am i sharing their glory or experience? I would much rather prefer watching the best footballers play against each other regularly and if the super league can give me that, then i prefer that.

And if international football is better, then why have club football at all? We should just have countries facing each other in various multiple series competitions all around the world. Why restrict it to 2-3 weeks every 2 years?

It might just be me, but i watch football for the joy of the sport and not to feel part of a winning side at the end of the day.

Am sure you would feel differently if your national side was competeting in the top level & you had players from your country playing in top leagues, this by no means is a dig so don't take it the wrong way.

When the whole country is united to support one team, I fail to see how you don't get any exictiment or glory when they do well. Sure England are pretty dire, but I have had great moments like going nuts when Wellbeck scored etc.

Well, i don't think so. Because i watch cricket too, and i want the same club model to be followed there as well.

I suppose each one is different, but for me watching club teams is much better because of the better quality overall.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:50 am

rwo power wrote:
That's because there needs to be a player pool for the internationals, and that comes from the leagues. So the Leagues have to be important, too, so that they can feed the NTs.

The leagues will be there. But, without the top players who would be playing in the NT competitions.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:55 am

kiranr wrote:
Abramovich wrote:
kiranr wrote:What is so exciting about watching a bunch of your countrymen win a tournament or watching your countrymen play in one? It is exciting for them, no doubt, but how am i sharing their glory or experience? I would much rather prefer watching the best footballers play against each other regularly and if the super league can give me that, then i prefer that.

And if international football is better, then why have club football at all? We should just have countries facing each other in various multiple series competitions all around the world. Why restrict it to 2-3 weeks every 2 years?

It might just be me, but i watch football for the joy of the sport and not to feel part of a winning side at the end of the day.

Am sure you would feel differently if your national side was competeting in the top level & you had players from your country playing in top leagues, this by no means is a dig so don't take it the wrong way.

When the whole country is united to support one team, I fail to see how you don't get any exictiment or glory when they do well. Sure England are pretty dire, but I have had great moments like going nuts when Wellbeck scored etc.

Well, i don't think so. Because i watch cricket too, and i want the same club model to be followed there as well.

I suppose each one is different, but for me watching club teams is much better because of the better quality overall.

Am sure you like cricket, but personally I feel its pretty boring to begin with anyways but thats just me. I guess it boils down to why you watch football, with your post on you support Barca because of the style and winning is a bonus. I support my team because I want them to win, when there is something on the line which creates my exicitment personally. I don't particularly need to watch sexy football to be exicited as long as its competetive, but each to their own not saying there is a right or wrong.

A large group of my mates are Leeds fans, they are pretty crap like but I still feel the exicitment and what not even though I don't support them as such but I still want them to win and do well.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:03 pm

Fifa would be doomed without them,blatter already said that the world cup is their economic backbone.Dont you realize how international football helps clubs too?look at how many wc players reached top clubs by international matches.(specially in serie a and la liga)no way I would want int matches to end,it's crap to the people who have no one to support but its great for eryone else.no friendlies?there could be less of them but when teams get together they would have no chemistry and tactics whatsoever
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Ganso wrote:Fifa would be doomed without them,blatter already said that the world cup is their economic backbone.Dont you realize how international football helps clubs too?look at how many wc players reached top clubs by international matches.(specially in serie a and la liga)no way I would want int matches to end,it's crap to the people who have no one to support but its great for eryone else.no friendlies?there could be less of them but when teams get together they would have no chemistry and tactics whatsoever

They would have reached the top clubs anyway, as there are scouts all over the world. If the internationals are not there, then the scouting will become relatively rigorous as compared to now as clubs can not wait for the internationals to watch players and judge them.

Regarding the no country to support argument, i have already given my views there. That is not a sound way to discredit anyone's argument.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:16 pm

kiranr wrote:I suppose each one is different, but for me watching club teams is much better because of the better quality overall.
Well, that's because your choice of club is at the very top level. But there are bazillion more clubs and most of them are unfortunately very dire (SC RW Oberhausen, I do look at you, too!), but these exist and are in fact needed, too. So you can't say club teams are much better in general - it is actually more the opposite.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:22 pm

rwo power wrote:
kiranr wrote:I suppose each one is different, but for me watching club teams is much better because of the better quality overall.
Well, that's because your choice of club is at the very top level. But there are bazillion more clubs and most of them are unfortunately very dire (SC RW Oberhausen, I do look at you, too!), but these exist and are in fact needed, too. So you can't say club teams are much better in general - it is actually more the opposite.

That is solely because of the vast number of clubs. So, you can't have top quality across the board. But, my argument was in relation to the top clubs and the top countries. Top clubs play better football than top countries in my opinion.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:38 pm

If it was all up to scouts,Ronaldinho could have been a legend in Russia or Ukraine instead of barcelona
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:45 pm

See, i am all for scrapping internationals only if there is a continental super league.

So, in such a scenario, the concept of being a legend in Russia or Ukraine wouldn't exist.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:56 pm

Abramovich wrote:
Am sure you like cricket, but personally I feel its pretty boring to begin with anyways but thats just me. I guess it boils down to why you watch football, with your post on you support Barca because of the style and winning is a bonus. I support my team because I want them to win, when there is something on the line which creates my exicitment personally. I don't particularly need to watch sexy football to be exicited as long as its competetive, but each to their own not saying there is a right or wrong.

A large group of my mates are Leeds fans, they are pretty crap like but I still feel the exicitment and what not even though I don't support them as such but I still want them to win and do well.

Yeah, i understand that. And i guess the excitement is greater when it is a team that you can identify with, for example, national teams or your local club team.

And i am quite sure that very few people view it like i do.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:29 pm

kiranr wrote:See, i am all for scrapping internationals only if there is a continental super league.
The main problem with a European Superleague is that it will be a closed shop for the most money-rich clubs and it would grossly devaluate the national leagues. Personally, I hope that such a European Superleague will not come into existence - we have the CL and EL after all, and fortunately these are not closed shops (yet) as I love to see unexpected clubs from other leagues fighting it out with the usual suspects - and sometimes causing upsets, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:52 pm

Yes, the national leagues will definitely get diluted. We cannot stop that from happening.

But we could still have the unexpected clubs causing upsets in the super league through a system of relegation and promotion. We could have a greater number of teams going to relegation instead of the regular 15%, maybe we could have 25% or 30% of the league that gets relegated and equivalent gets promoted in the subsequent year.

We could also have money sharing between all levels of leagues so that the creation of the super league does not affect the finances of the lower level clubs.

But, these are just possible ideas of making the entire scenario sound practical.

As long as the current system prevails, we should have the internationals.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:00 pm

No thanks most players do amazing things on the pitch to try to represent their country and if you take internationals out of the equation more footballer will feel less pressure to play great football...look at ronaldinho when he was at milan if it weren't for his desire for a brazil call-up his time at milan would have been much worse as shown the next season when he slowed down tremendously.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Anyone who wants International football removed has no soul or heart.

England is the only country in this entire world, when people willingly want their NT to fail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:13 pm

International football is amazing, Only the fixtures need to be more thought out and planned for friendlies.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:16 pm

nichabr wrote:No thanks most players do amazing things on the pitch to try to represent their country and if you take internationals out of the equation more footballer will feel less pressure to play great football...look at ronaldinho when he was at milan if it weren't for his desire for a brazil call-up his time at milan would have been much worse as shown the next season when he slowed down tremendously.

That is not a valid claim. Players play their hearts out on the pitch because they want to do well themselves. There will always be exceptions to this like 'Dinho. But, that is hardly a reason to justify the Internationals.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:17 pm

I do agree with the notion that outside of international tournaments then it's a waste of time.

The tournaments are good, but qualifying and friendlies are shite.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Schweini wrote:Anyone who wants International football removed has no soul or heart.

How so? If i don't want Internationals or want to see more club football, does it mean i don't love my country?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:24 pm

^maybe your country has a shit team perhaps?

I don't believe International Football should be gone it's a huge part of the sport being around for so long
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:25 pm

ColoJunior wrote:^maybe your country has a shit team perhaps?

I don't believe International Football should be gone it's a huge part of the sport being around for so long

Yeah, it does. But does this point make my arguments less valid?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:54 pm

Exactly.

If your national team is decently competitive, then you'd like International football.

You don't like International football, because India's best chance of featuring in major tournaments is through hosting them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:05 pm

There's no need to get rid of it imo. It's different to club football. SuperLeague would be club football.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Schweini wrote:Exactly.

If your national team is decently competitive, then you'd like International football.

You don't like International football, because India's best chance of featuring in major tournaments is through hosting them.

I love international football. [Asian and European included]
Also follow India regularly, Even create posts about them in both general and international sections, No one replies Sad

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:21 pm

^ I know man. Of course I didn't mean every single person.

It's not unusual why people in Italy for example value international football 100 times more than people in Pakistan for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:27 pm

Probably because Football isn't the main sport in Pakistan Laughing

I wouldn't say i hate international football, but outside of tournaments it is terribly tedious and boring.

Hardly like where i come from don't compete either, we are 4th in the world banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next