Would you be against the scrapping of International football?

+48
Myesyats
Lucifer
Pseudo
izzy
RealGunner
futbol
El Gunner
farfan
Mr Nick09
M99
Hapless_Hans
futbol_bill
Curtinho
Robespierre
DeletedUser#1
Doc
Cruijf
justdoit_
BarrileteCosmico
CBarca
Kaladin
DuringTheWar
Le Samourai
Gil
Jonathan28
Onyx
FalcaoPunch
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
nichabr
Ganso
Abramovich
VivaStPauli
The Franchise
7amood11
rwo power
Vibe
Rossoneri Ninja
BiasedMilanFan3
lszanto
Art Morte
kiranr
McAgger
sbaggio
che
FennecFox7
SchinnerC
jibers
52 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Would you be against the scrapping of International football? - Page 6 Empty Re: Would you be against the scrapping of International football?

Post by Cruijf Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:25 pm

I agree. Missing out on the riveting clashes between giants Hungary and Faroe Islands would destroy the game.

Rolling Eyes

Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Would you be against the scrapping of International football? - Page 6 Empty Re: Would you be against the scrapping of International football?

Post by futbol_bill Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:36 pm

Silly question /  thread anyways. Does anyone know what has the biggest television / ratings: between the various league (EPL, la liga), Champions league, Euro Cup or World Cup? I'm pretty sure it is World Cup, followed by Euro Cup, followed by Champions League followed by various leagues. That demonstrates that the International football is the most popular.

And why is this question raised?

because of injuries or because of some detrimental impact to club teams?

As Doc said players get injured all the time some with club, some with NT, some just horsing around. Is that really a reason to ask this question?

As to detrimental impacts, the calendar is so full of games throughout the year, the only adjustments that can be reasonably made is to cut back some of the club dates. But, doing so will cut into revenues for what is the most popular world sport.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:40 pm

Cruijf wrote:They're playing every three days, travelling all over Europe, and are expecting to perform every single day. Injuries like these are bound to happen.
Do you think the players would play one game less or travel not as much if the international games would be out?

Then you'd have additional promotion tours to Asia, the Americas etc with the clubs and would get pointless injuries there. So in a way it is not about the players at all, only about the money for the clubs.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:15 pm

I don't know, clubs complain so much about international football you'd think they'd use the extra time to rest, but I guess you can always trust on the greed of those at the top to ruin things.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:16 pm

Only an English person would come up with such an idea Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Cruijf wrote:I don't know, clubs complain so much about international football you'd think they'd use the extra time to rest, but I guess you can always trust on the greed of those at the top to ruin things.
Wasn't there some high profile club last season or the season before that who traveled to South Asia or so in midweek during the league for promotion? I think I remember something like that.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:50 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Only an English person would come up with such an idea Laughing

Thumbs up  bounce  :coffee: That's because of their pathetic international performances in the last 100 years
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:53 pm

England should just give up trying to compete by itself and change to team UK as they did in the olympics. With world class talents like Bale and Ramsey they could stand a chance to break QFs.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:56 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:England should just give up trying to compete by itself and change to team UK
I think the separate leagues in England, Scotland, Wales and North Ireland would need to be scrapped then, too - and I doubt that Wales, North Ireland and Scotland would like to forget about their CL and EL spots.

After all, that's why there is still no "Alps League" that combines the club teams of Austria and Switzerland.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:11 pm

Doc wrote:Just fyi, other nations, the very lesser ones still enjoy to see their respective countries play so let's not scrap it please.

Art Morte wrote:Yeah, may the biggest sport in the world be the one where there's no international competition, lol.

Curtinho wrote:Getting rid of international play would be awful.

Moving on.

Amen.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:18 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Only an English person would come up with such an idea Laughing

Thumbs up  bounce  :coffee: That's because of their pathetic international performances in the last 100 years

Or it's because International is a boring, shit standard which doesn't do anything special.

Seriously the world champions are Bayern, minus Robbery, Javi Martinez, Lewandowski, Vidal, Alonso, Alaba, Douglas Costa and Thiago.

Just lol, also i have explained why i don't follow the national team at all before and it has nothing do with success. Haven't gave a shit since Shearer retired and that has more to do with the players all being utter scum more than bad.

I don't see the point in supporting people i don't like just because they happen to have been born as the same country as me....

But i guess i'm not two faced hypocrites like everybody else.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:23 pm

Cant we have the professional season and THEN the international season?

we let a full season go on without interruption, and then players are released to play NT football with their countries for a few weeks before summer break.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:23 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:

Or it's because International is a boring, shit standard which doesn't do anything special.

Seriously the world champions are Bayern, minus Robbery, Javi Martinez, Lewandowski, Vidal, Alonso, Alaba, Douglas Costa and Thiago.

Just lol, also i have explained why i don't follow the national team at all before and it has nothing do with success. Haven't gave a shit since Shearer retired and that has more to do with the players all being utter scum more than bad.

I don't see the point in supporting people i don't like just because they happen to have been born as the same country as me....

But i guess i'm not two faced hypocrites like everybody else.

that's just the last champion though .

the previous champion was essentially Barça  with a better GK , better defense, a deeper bench , minus an international choker .
Italy was arguably the strongest team in the world on paper .
Brazil 2002 had the Deadly triple R trio upfront  , the best fullbacks in the game etc...
France 98-2001 was so much better than any club at that time it's not even worth discussing .

Germany was also a well oiled machine with its core coming from the two Champions league finalists ffs.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:26 pm

Don't care about the past, i'm talking about now.

Also yes Spain were great but the best club teams in the world would have beaten them easily.... also the competition they went up against were crap.

To hell with Barca and Bayern, Madrid would shit all over that Germany team, it's a shite standard which is why scrubs always do well at international tournaments.

Deal with it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:31 pm

Because you think it is boring and the standard of football isn't up to club level, that doesn't mean it should get scrapped.

FFS the greatest sport in the world not having an international competition Laughing Imagine that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:35 pm

Yeah, and scrubs like Suarez cry when he reaches the last 16 and Messi is ready to trade all his club trophies for a world trophy.

The best players in the world give their all and some more for international tournaments. Shit standard lol. Comparing teams that play together for a full year to teams that play together for two weeks with a few months break.

Deal with it, two faced hypocrites what tripe is this lol.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:35 pm

I never said it should be scrapped.... i was responding to the tired, old and boring usual comments that english people don't like it because their team is crap.

Get a new record pls.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:37 pm

M99 wrote:Deal with it, two faced hypocrites what tripe is this lol.
As in people will hate on a player all year round but as soon as they play for their national team they suddenly love them.

If that's not being a two faced, hypocrite then i don't know what is.... don't say it doesn't happen either as this place is full of examples.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:39 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Don't care about the past, i'm talking about now.

Also yes Spain were great but the best club teams in the world would have beaten them easily.... also the competition they went up against were crap.

To hell with Barca and Bayern, Madrid would shit all over that Germany team, it's a shite standard which is why scrubs always do well at international tournaments.

Deal with it.

deal with what ? Laughing  you have to deal with the fact that nobody gives a shit about your opinion on international football and that 99.9999 % of football fans don't share said opinion . international football still draws more eyeballs and money than club football and more importantly , it still matters the most to FOOTBALL PLAYERS .
if the standard is so low how come the likes of Ronaldo and Messi aren't basically  walking int tournaments ?

Spain would've lost to the best team in the world ? Laughing  Chelsea 2012 > spain 2012 ? Laughing  
spain was arguably better than Pep's barça since it made up for the lack of messi with a plethora of  depth and options in all positions .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:40 pm

Only English people would think about such a thing because Englishmen are crap at football.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:44 pm

farfan wrote: 
spain was arguably better than Pep's barça since it made up for the lack of messi with a plethora of  depth and options in all positions .

rofl

I'm done, you are clearly delusional.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:45 pm

M99 wrote:
Deal with it, two faced hypocrites what tripe is this lol.

As in people will hate on a player all year round but as soon as they play for their national team they suddenly love them.

If that's not being a two faced, hypocrite then i don't know what is.... don't say it doesn't happen either as this place is full of examples.

I see nothing wrong in disliking a player at club level because he plays for you rivals (or whatever reason it may be) and then supporting him when he comes and plays for your country.

It's a team sport after all Laughing You support the team and get behind the players on the team, and put your personal agendas aside. That's logical. Not two-faced.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Why should you support him just because he plays for your country though?

If you dislike someone then that should be it, see Milan and Inter fans all the time show actual dislike for Chiellini for example and not just because he plays for Juventus and suddenly become his no 1 fan when he plays for Italy.

It's nothing more than being a two faced hypocrite, you would have never caught me suddenly liking or supporting John Terry just because he happens to be born in the same country as me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:51 pm

farfan wrote: 

rofl

I'm done, you are clearly delusional.

delusional ? Laughing i'm not the one who's trying to paint Germany as " Bayern - all the foreign players " Laughing as if the German team doesn't have a shitload of world class talents in other Bundesliga teams and abroad . Laughing

spain had Barça's core + Ramos , Casilllas , Alba , Alonso , Silva, Mata , Navas ...
you think Messi's presence outweighs all these names ?
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Don't care about the past, i'm talking about now.

Deal with it.

I'm not interested in Baseball either. So IMO Baseball should be scrapped.
That's about the level of your argumentation.

Try to wiggle as much as you like, it's got to do with the fact the English are dissillusioned about NT football and are trying to offload their misery onto everyone else.
You can deny it, but we know better.
We know you better than you know yourself.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:05 pm

I never said to scrap it though.....

Keep reading what you want to read though, also i'm a Newcastle fan surely if you say is true i would have packed football in about a decade ago lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next