rwo power
Blanco
barca 2011
The Messiah
RedOranje
71 posters

Page 32 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35 ... 39  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 3 - Page 32 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 3

Post by Le Samourai Fri 6 Jul - 1:52:49

Ba and Ben Arfa offer no more width than Walcott and Podolski....even if the do not much more.

How about..Man City?

Their only source of width is Aguero + the fullbacks.

Gervinhio and AOC on the bench to step in if neccesary...this isn't a huge huge problem.

Both Wilshire and Song and Dzagoev are capable of going past a fullback and putting in a cross, though that's not how I would prefer it, the options are there for such play within this system.But it's not preferable or your immediate instinct because you need possession to protect a relatively weak midfield.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Fri 6 Jul - 1:55:37; edited 1 time in total

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 3 - Page 32 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 3

Post by S Fri 6 Jul - 1:55:13

Roma director Walter Sabatini has revealed that the club are on the verge of signing a top right-back amidst reports that Jose Bosingwa is poised to arrive at the Stadio Olimpico

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/07/05/3223673/roma-director-sabatini-we-are-close-to-signing-a-strong?source=breakingnews

Bosingwa-Juan-CB-Dodo(?)/Angel ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri 6 Jul - 1:56:26

Surag wrote:Roma director Walter Sabatini has revealed that the club are on the verge of signing a top right-back amidst reports that Jose Bosingwa is poised to arrive at the Stadio Olimpico

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2012/07/05/3223673/roma-director-sabatini-we-are-close-to-signing-a-strong?source=breakingnews

Bosingwa-Juan-CB-Dodo(?)

Bosingwa = Top Right Back?
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 6 Jul - 2:02:00

Le Samourai wrote:Ba and Ben Arfa offer no more width than Walcott and Podolski....even if the do not much more.

How about..Man City?

Their only source of width is Aguero + the fullbacks.

Gervinhio and AOC on the bench to step in if neccesary...this isn't a huge huge problem.

Podolski is an unknown quantity as he has'nt been used in Arsenal's system as of yet but Walcott and Ben Arfa both offer width in plentiful's.... i lost count the amount of time i see Arsenal play and Walcott is out on the touchline creating width and space for RVP.

Also if Arsenal play 4-3-3 with Podolski and Walcott providing the width along with the fullbacks then that's enough.

As for City Silva and Nasri both offer width.... they both peel out wide dragging players with them and creating space for the strikers and Yaya to exploit.

Besides i said it would only work if you have attacking fullbacks and have high amounts of possession and City have both.

95% of the league doesn't

In any case i would'nt say Arsenal and City in thier current systems lack width and have plenty of players aside from the fullbacks providing it.

But in the system you propose for Arsenal i feel it would be too narrow and locked down pretty easily.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 6 Jul - 2:09:21

lenear wrote:Bosingwa = Top Right Back?

Decent free transfer signing i would say..especially for a club running on a tight budget..

Of what i've heard they only have a 30m transfer kitty this season and they're still in the market for a CB and a striker.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri 6 Jul - 2:10:31

We could do with an AM, really. Wilshere will be missing the start of the season and we don't know how he'll be after 10 months out, Rosicky can't play every game and Ramsey might be on loan. It wouldn't hurt to have an additional option - maybe someone who could play on the flanks, too, for additional coverage.

As for DM, I have faith in Coquelin, but if we end up signing someone there as well, I wouldn't be fussed.

On that subject, did you know talkSPORT linked us with Cheikh Tiote yesterday? Laughing

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 6 Jul - 2:12:56

On that subject, did you know talkSPORT linked us with Cheikh Tiote yesterday? Laughing

You want to pay 20m? Laughing Talkshite never cease to amaze me....

Also did i just see Tight budget and 30m being used in the same sentence?

I think i did Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 6 Jul - 2:16:03

They want to sign a quality CB(Angelo Ogbonna),and they also want to sign a striker(Mattia Destro)..Both of them could cost more than 20m+ combined..

And they've already spent a portion of their kitty in purchasing Dodo,Bradley and a few more young players(i dont know their names)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri 6 Jul - 2:17:01

They actually said we weren't prepared to pay £20mil, so we're going to "negotiate". The outcome will be the same either way.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 6 Jul - 2:20:37

GoonerJay29 wrote:They actually said we weren't prepared to pay £20mil, so we're going to "negotiate". The outcome will be the same either way.

Exactly Laughing

Also Surag, while that maybe the case if you search deep enough you can make a CL team with less than 30m ffs.

30m and "tight budget" should never be mentioned together ever lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 6 Jul - 2:25:34

I'd call 30m a "tight budget" when a team has many issues to address.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 6 Jul - 2:32:45

Surag wrote:I'd call 30m a "tight budget" when a team has many issues to address.

We bought 10 of our first eleven for 24m :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri 6 Jul - 2:34:02

£30mil is tight in comparison to the big boys, but for a club hovering between mid-table and Europe, that's a big budget. That's about the same budget as the likes of Spurs and Newcastle (probably more), for example.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 6 Jul - 2:36:57

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Surag wrote:I'd call 30m a "tight budget" when a team has many issues to address.

We bought 10 of our first eleven for 24m :coffee:

Newcastle have EL ambitions whilst Roma have CL ambitions :coffee:

I think in this case its clear where their priorities lie..They want to use a major portion of their budget on a quality CB and a striker whilst they still had Fullback and midfield issues to address(which they've done with cheap additions)..

GoonerJay29 wrote:£30mil is tight in comparison to the big boys, but for a club hovering between mid-table and Europe, that's a big budget. That's about the same budget as the likes of Spurs and Newcastle (probably more), for example.

Exactly.This.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 6 Jul - 2:44:51

GoonerJay29 wrote:£30mil is tight in comparison to the big boys, but for a club hovering between mid-table and Europe, that's a big budget. That's about the same budget as the likes of Spurs and Newcastle (probably more), for example.

Agreed.

Although why i'm discussing this i dont know Laughing should go to sleep.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri 6 Jul - 2:46:53

Sure, if you're trying to compete for Destro and Ogbonna but a CL team can be built for far less.

The Udinese model for example but Roma has more to spend and a better starting point

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri 6 Jul - 2:47:55

I wish Milan had a 30m budget.our budget is probably around 10-15m ATM
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 6 Jul - 2:50:09

Luca wrote:The Udinese model for example but Roma has more to spend and a better starting point

More like Roma are not too keen to take a risk with unproven youngsters which Udinese bring in year after year across Europe and S.America.But need to give kudos to the Udinese scouts though.

Udinese and Roma's priorities and ambitions are different..Its pointless comparing both of them.

Last edited by Surag on Fri 6 Jul - 2:56:35; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri 6 Jul - 2:56:18

Bosingwa :facepalm:.

He'd be a good signing if he was actually able to frakking defend.

Cicinho 2.0 basically.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri 6 Jul - 3:02:55

Surag wrote:
Luca wrote:The Udinese model for example but Roma has more to spend and a better starting point

More like Roma are not too keen to take a risk with unproven youngsters which Udinese bring in year after year across Europe and S.America.But need to give kudos to the Udinese scouts though.

Udinese and Roma's priorities and ambitions are different..Its pointless comparing both of them.

Would be true, if Roma didn't already have one of the top youth systems in Italy

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Moddaws Fri 6 Jul - 4:10:15

Ade and Vertonghen have been done for awhile.

Wont get excited by the Oscar talk inter are meant to be our "feeder club"
yet it took 18 months to prize Sandro away 5 transfer windows still no Damiao

Fear playing the highline with the OAP in goal

Moddaws
Moddaws
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 6 Jul - 4:13:24

walker and BAE will thrive in a high line, but Jan is slow though
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri 6 Jul - 4:25:12

RealGunner wrote:walker and BAE will thrive in a high line, but Jan is slow though

Kaboul's got decent catch up speed though, doesn't he?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Fri 6 Jul - 5:37:44

Kabouls pretty quick as most CB's go
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Fri 6 Jul - 12:06:52

City set to sign their first player of the summer and it's the one I wanted bounce cheers Thumbs up

Nir Biton from FC Ashdod in Israel. 6'5" central midfelder. Two footed and lethal in the air. Hopefully we get the work permit sorted this time after the disaster in January but agreement is in place with FC Bruges just in case we need to loan him.

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread Pt. 3 - Page 32 AxDQjfICEAI5WBc

chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri 6 Jul - 12:40:34

Inter trio missing from squad

Julio Cesar, Dejan Stankovic and Diego Forlan have been omitted from the Inter squad which has been called up for pre-season training.

The outfit are trying to get rid of the trio and their exclusion from their Pinzolo training retreat, which starts today, has underlined that they are not in the club’s plans.

Cesar’s place in goal will be taken by Udinese’s Samir Handanovic, the club want to sell midfielder Stankovic and Forlan is in talks to have his contract cancelled.

Julio Cesar-Inter: It’s over

Julio Cesar is set to leave Serie A after he was not included in the squad for Inter’s pre-season training camp.

The Brazilian no longer features in the plans of the club and the outfit will soon officially complete the signing of Udinese ‘keeper Samir Handanovic.

Cesar has this week insisted that he wants to see out the two years of his contract at San Siro, but that now seems unlikely.

“We will go into the training camp with other goalkeepers,” Inter director general Marco Fassone stated.

“We understand Julio Cesar’s point of view, but in looking at the squad list you can see that we have made a very clear decision.

“We know how to look after these situations.”

Cesar could now be sold or, alternatively, have his contract rescinded. If the latter occurs, Inter may insert a clause which would stop him joining city rivals Milan.

The South American was netted by Inter in January 2005 from Flamengo. After an initial six-month loan spell at Chievo, he returned to the Meazza and eventually replaced Francesco Toldo as the No 1.

The almost 33-year-old could now move to England or possibly back to his homeland in Brazil.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35 ... 39  Next