"There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger

+50
Kaladin
futbol
FennecFox7
Milantildeath
Gemini
MrDeeds
RedOranje
jibers
leemhuis
Grande_Milano
Luca
Gomez83
TalkingReckless
gunner1987
Doc
The Franchise
Rossonero23
Lex
Arquitecto
Raptorgunner
Tifoso Romanista
BigBadBen
Ganso
BarrileteCosmico
mzamani
RobbyV
Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
Zealous
Eivindo
DuringTheWar
Swanhends
7amood11
Jack Daniels
spanky
REWB
Forza
Mr Nick09
urbaNRoots
halamadrid2
Kingofeverythingclassy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
dronte
kiranr
Sri
guest7
Dante
Cassius
Adit
54 posters

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

"There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger - Page 7 Empty Re: "There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger

Post by Swanhends Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Cassius_Case wrote:Mourinho coached and won in this so called 'lesser league' when it was missing Its greatest team (a strong Juve side obviously) does he have a weak mentality too? Is he not a champion?

Did Mourinho join Serie A because he had tried over and over to win the EPL and failed? No.

Did Mourinho leave Serie A to join an easier league where he would more easily win trophies? No...he went for a bigger challenge

Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

"There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger - Page 7 Empty Re: "There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:35 pm

More players will be coming.

"There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger - Page 7 Zp_Podolski_10_120509MAFC_4203"There is no reason why a top player, a big champion would want a move to Serie A ''-Wenger - Page 7 Oliviergiroudsportsworldreport_crop_exact
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:35 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
REWB wrote:
dude the Coefficient points are by far the most objective way of measuring the strength of a league. there is no arguing it

Laughing

By this Logic Newcastle was the 3rd best team in Europe in 2004 behind Valencia and Porto Laughing

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method3/tcoef2004.html

rofl

its still the most objective way, fact is if the team in your league does well in the euro comps, you league will have the highest coefficients, makes sense. it is highly regarded world wide, so why is it only on this forum you have people questioning it?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:37 pm

Because it's very misleading......

I mean Chelsea won the CL but finished below Atletico Madrid, Bayern, Barca and Real Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:46 pm

So now Fabregas has a weak mentality cuz he left the "greatest league in the world" for Barcelona to win trophies Laughing

The question is not about how weak the league is(You're making it sound as though its the 10th best league FFS) ,the question is about winning as BC so precisely put it in his post.And i think RVP would rather win a Scudetto than win this false 3rd place trophy year after year.Weak Mentality SMH.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:48 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Cassius_Case wrote:Mourinho coached and won in this so called 'lesser league' when it was missing Its greatest team (a strong Juve side obviously) does he have a weak mentality too? Is he not a champion?

Did Mourinho join Serie A because he had tried over and over to win the EPL and failed? No.

Did Mourinho leave Serie A to join an easier league where he would more easily win trophies? No...he went for a bigger challenge

Fair point but still, it doesn't change the fact that RVP is more than likely going to end his career at arsenal without playing a major part in winning any trophies.
I wouldn't call him weak, I'd call arsenal weak, him teammates weak, if anything doesn't RVP deserve to win something?

Him changing league has nothing to do with him choosing an 'easier' league tp win in more like (imo from what I'v read) he doesn't want to join any other EPL team with respect for arsenal and his time there so if he did come to serie A, specifically juventus I still wouldn't say he has a weak mentality because once again I don't think Juve will walk to next seasons scudetto, it will be earned and if he does it in a Juve jersey then Like I say, Robin earned that.

I can see what your saying though, but I personally don't think he'll ever win anything with arsenal again and I don't think anyone could blame him for wanting to move somewhere where he has more support and better team mates and a slight more chance of glory. It's not as if he's moving to Porto or somewhere where his team could literally walk the league.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:51 pm

Surag wrote:So now Fabregas has a weak mentality cuz he left the "greatest league in the world" for Barcelona to win trophies Laughing

I thought that was common knowledge?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:56 pm

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:Look this is the UGLY TRUTH. Everyone knows this. Seria A is a dying league. What will happen the CHL money double & Seria A has only 2 guaranteed SPots & 1 Play-Offs.

Add to it the league is sunked in debt & with FFP coming in teams like Milan have to lower their wages substantially.

Seria A has had a massive fall. You know it. Its not a Huge League anymore. And it will get worse. Wait till FFP comes in,teams have no stadiums & other teams are profiting for it. And wait till there is 2 CHL spots + 1 Playoff.

CHL money will double & EPL,BL & LA LIGA teams will get more money will Seria A will get less from the CHL pot.

Worse thing is the TV deal. Seria A what is was years back is not that good now. I would not be surprised if the deal is valued lower or has 0 growth.

Thumbs up

this!!!

serie a is on life support.

6th rate league in two years...

Last edited by Rossonero23 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:So Serie A is good enough for Totti, Ibra, Maicon, TS, Lucio, Cambiasso, Sneijder, Pirlo, Chiellini, Buffon, Julio Cesar, Vidal, Cassano, Cavani, Maggio, De Rossi, Stekelenburg, Hernanes etc etc

But it's not good enough for RVP aka big champion who has never won a single trophy since becoming a first team player....

Righto Laughing

BTW i seem to remember Wenger being similar butthurt last year when the Cesc rumours went in to overdrive and took it upon himself to question the quality of La Liga and why any top player would go there....

Bye Bye RVP Laughing

How many people out of this are in their Prime & world Class. Most of these are Washed Up oldies or guys in the *bleep* end of their career having one last hurray.

He has a point. Bar a few Italians Sneijder,Silva,Ibra & a few other handful of players are World CLass. And the number is decreasing. Less & Less. It was better a few years back.

And Sneijder,Ibra,Silva,Cavani & most of the guys who are not VERY OLD are being flirted with by foreign clubs. And they will probably move in a year or so.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:59 pm

I think Juve have a better chance to win the CL than Arsenal. This is my opinion only though based on what i have seen of the two teams.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Wenger had the chance to go to Madrid and he turned it down....
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Kingofeverythingclassy wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:So Serie A is good enough for Totti, Ibra, Maicon, TS, Lucio, Cambiasso, Sneijder, Pirlo, Chiellini, Buffon, Julio Cesar, Vidal, Cassano, Cavani, Maggio, De Rossi, Stekelenburg, Hernanes etc etc

But it's not good enough for RVP aka big champion who has never won a single trophy since becoming a first team player....

Righto Laughing

BTW i seem to remember Wenger being similar butthurt last year when the Cesc rumours went in to overdrive and took it upon himself to question the quality of La Liga and why any top player would go there....

Bye Bye RVP Laughing

How many people out of this are in their Prime & world Class. Most of these are Washed Up oldies or guys in the *bleep* end of their career having one last hurray.

He has a point. Bar a few Italians Sneijder,Silva,Ibra & a few other handful of players are World CLass. And the number is decreasing. Less & Less. It was better a few years back.

And Sneijder,Ibra,Silva,Cavani & most of the guys who are not VERY OLD are being flirted with by foreign clubs. And they will probably move in a year or so.

And how many world class players are there in the PL? Laughing
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:02 pm

I dont totally disagree with Wenger.

However, if the league is good enough for Ibra, its plenty good enough for RVP.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Cassius_Case wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:

Fair point but still, it doesn't change the fact that RVP is more than likely going to end his career at arsenal without playing a major part in winning any trophies.
I wouldn't call him weak, I'd call arsenal weak, him teammates weak, if anything doesn't RVP deserve to win something?

Him changing league has nothing to do with him choosing an 'easier' league tp win in more like (imo from what I'v read) he doesn't want to join any other EPL team with respect for arsenal and his time there so if he did come to serie A, specifically juventus I still wouldn't say he has a weak mentality because once again I don't think Juve will walk to next seasons scudetto, it will be earned and if he does it in a Juve jersey then Like I say, Robin earned that.

I can see what your saying though, but I personally don't think he'll ever win anything with arsenal again and I don't think anyone could blame him for wanting to move somewhere where he has more support and better team mates and a slight more chance of glory. It's not as if he's moving to Porto or somewhere where his team could literally walk the league.

How are Arsenal players weak? Arsenal players played their heart out this year, we lost so many players to injures and we still finished 3red place. Dont talk out your ass like you have been doing through out this whole thread. I have notice you always try to put Arsenal down.

We all know RVP will not have another great year like the one he had, if he wants to leave we have already singed players that can replace him. There is only 2 teams he would leave Arsenal for and that is Barcelona and Real Madrid.

IF RVP was not injured so much we would have won few trophies in the last 8 years. RVP is a great player but losing him wont be a big deal, we have lost some of the greatest players in EPL history and still competed withe the best.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:25 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Surag wrote:So now Fabregas has a weak mentality cuz he left the "greatest league in the world" for Barcelona to win trophies Laughing

I thought that was common knowledge?

I think its also common knowledge that Arsenal wont be winning the PL anytime soon especially with RVP nearing 30 and the kind of team Chelsea,City and even United are building.

Lets say he stays in the "Greatest League in the World" and ends up at City since he would have a better chance of winning the league title and CL.That would make him weak mentally too ?No it wont..Thats just a stupid thought.

You should see where Van Persie is coming from..Obviously he would want a change of scenary when the team has won nothing in the last so many years and the board is barely showing any ambition.I mean it has been a long time since Arsenal have actually come close to winning the league.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:42 pm

How are Arsenal players weak? Arsenal players played their heart out this year, we lost so many players to injures and we still finished 3red place. Dont talk out your ass like you have been doing through out this whole thread. I have notice you always try to put Arsenal down.

WTF are you talking about, in the context I meant it I'm right. Beyond a few good players you have the rest of your squad is extremely weak. Don't give me none of this bullshit about how you finished 3rd that means your players aren't weak, you can kiss RVP's sweet ass for finishing 3rd, without him basically scoring with every touch he had you would barley of made the CL.

You have decent players like RVP, Song, Vermalin, Sagna Chezny but the rest aren't up to standard for an arsenal squad. Squilacci? Jenkinson? Diaby? Rosicky (although he had a good vein of form), Santos? Ramsey? Djourou? Park chu? Shmak? Are these the type of players that are going to win you anything? Ever?

So don't bother coming at me like I'v been talking smack, show me what I'v said that's upset you so much mighty gunner?

And show me where I always try to put arsenal down? I barley post, nevermind post about clubs I don't care for so please stop with your lies.

You'll find more bullshit coming out of REWB's mouth.

And my first post was at Wenger, not arsenal, after the bollocks he's talking about serie A. Because that's the main difference IMO from other leagues and the EPL. Money and marketing n when they have a problem 9times out of 10 most things EPL will just wave money at a problem and hope it goes away.

And all in all my first post was semi serious.

Last edited by Cassius_Case on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:47 pm

I think Arsenal & Juventus are pretty much of similar quality.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:49 pm

Would that make inter of Wigan quality? hmm
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:52 pm

Nah, juventus' midfield and defense are too good for them to be of equal quality than Arsenal

they still have to play a season where everyone will be expecting them as well as preparing for them, UCL etc..., but i am not afraid they have a stronger XI
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:55 pm

REWB's fingers, he never really used his mouth for the BS, just wrote it (which he kinda didn't but whatever).

Anyway, like Fabregas before him, if the offer is right and Juventus shows the ambition he wants (or whatever), he would probably end up in their colours. This, of course, depends if they (Juventus) or any club could match the offer Arsenal want for him which I have no idea what...

Forgot to also mention Juventus is a great club that most players wouldn't mind playing for. Just sayin'....
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by gunner1987 Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:01 pm

Cassius_Case wrote:
You have decent players like RVP, Song, Vermalin, Sagna Chezny but the rest aren't up to standard for an arsenal squad. Squilacci? Jenkinson? Diaby? Rosicky (although he had a good vein of form), Santos? Ramsey? Djourou? Park chu? Shmak? Are these the type of players that are going to win you anything? Ever?.

You seem to have left quite a few players off this list, and pretty much listed our deadweight/players we are trying to sell.

You seem to have forgotten about...Wilshere, Mertesacker, Walcott, Ox, Koscielny, Arteta, Gervinho, Podolski, and 99% sure of Giroud. Almost all of these players are 1st choice international players... Not a bad squad when you include these guys, and look at our youth players that are about to have a huge impact (Colquelin, Ryo, Lansbury, etc)

gunner1987
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Cassius_Case wrote:
You have decent players like RVP, Song, Vermalin, Sagna Chezny but the rest aren't up to standard for an arsenal squad. Squilacci? Jenkinson? Diaby? Rosicky (although he had a good vein of form), Santos? Ramsey? Djourou? Park chu? Shmak? Are these the type of players that are going to win you anything? Ever?

Squilacci (5th choice CD)

Jenkinson(Backup to Sagna & was pretty good near the end of the season)

Diaby (Barely plays, and is pretty good when he does... reminds of me someone (RVP))

Rosicky- He had one of the best seasons for Arsenal last year
Santos- was decent all year long when he played and scored some cruical goals

Ramsey- Everyone knows he has potential he was would have been better then Jack had it not for his injury...

Djourou- he may had had a crap last season, some of the fault belong to wenger for playing him at RB... but the year before that Arsenal rarely conceded with him in the Center

Park & Chamakh- One barely played last season, and no one expect the other to be that bad after a good first season....We got both of them replaced with Podo and Giroud
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:06 pm

[quote="Legend"]
Cassius_Case wrote:

Ramsey- Everyone knows he has potential he was would have been better then Jack had it not for his injury...

just for the record, Gago also had the potential to be better than Redondo, it just hasnt happened yet
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:07 pm

gunner1987 wrote:
Cassius_Case wrote:
You have decent players like RVP, Song, Vermalin, Sagna Chezny but the rest aren't up to standard for an arsenal squad. Squilacci? Jenkinson? Diaby? Rosicky (although he had a good vein of form), Santos? Ramsey? Djourou? Park chu? Shmak? Are these the type of players that are going to win you anything? Ever?.

You seem to have left quite a few players off this list, and pretty much listed our deadweight/players we are trying to sell.

You seem to have forgotten about...Wilshere, Mertesacker, Walcott, Ox, Koscielny, Arteta, Gervinho, Podolski, and 99% sure of Giroud. Almost all of these players are 1st choice international players... Not a bad squad when you include these guys, and look at our youth players that are about to have a huge impact (Colquelin, Ryo, Lansbury, etc)
Wheelchair has been injured so I didn't think it would be fair to add him but yes your right, he's another of your good players but I would say Per, Walcott and OX especially are vital for you just yet, maybe next year. But this is what I'm saying as much as kos improved he's never going to win you a title. I'm still undecided about gervinho, has potential but needs to be more involved.

I'm not saying you have a bad squad but it is weak if you are wanting to win the league anyway.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:09 pm

arsenal will be better than juve next season, watch. no need to talk anymore, lets just bookmark this thread and see.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Nah, juventus' midfield and defense are too good for them to be of equal quality than Arsenal

they still have to play a season where everyone will be expecting them as well as preparing for them, UCL etc..., but i am not afraid they have a stronger XI

Exactly, the champions league will be a big test for them, im sure iirc their manager pretty much admitted they wouldnt have done as well as they did if they had european games to deal with instead of getting week long rests.

Would you consider their midfield better than this: mvila, arteta, wilshere (or) song, arteta, wilshere (or) song, mvila, wilshere. Mvila obviously may or may not sign, but if he did and if wilshere is back then that midfield improves dramatically
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next