Blue Barrett
Swanhends
LeSwagg James
The Franchise
Le Samourai
26 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 23 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Le Samourai Wed 20 Jun - 23:25:56

I think people anyone can be stopped to be honest, it's about breaking their rhythm more than anything else.A guy like Lebron, you just need to slow down the game and force him to take jumpers and keep him off the line because he will never ever get that hot from outside.

Durant is a different Burden altogether though, I'd say he's relatively more unstoppable because of the range on ways he can score on you consistently, and but he needs people around him to create the space for shots.

No one is unstoppable, but I can safely say Scorer's like Kobe,Melo..are much harder to slow down or stop because they have a counter for every punch you throw....on their day.Prime example is Kobe vs Phoenix a couple years back, he was taking shots that people literally cannot make,shots that are basically the best possible result you can hope for when defending any player, when that starts happening, you have no answer.

On the rebounding thing, height and length isn't the determining factor but it is relevant. Durant has good rebounding fundamentals, he's shown himself to be a very good rebounder throughout the season, I just feel he could've more than gotten those two game defining rebounds...I mean he had one stripped from his hands by Wade.Perhaps I should be complimenting Wade for an amazing play, but at the same time I definitely think Durant should've came up with that.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 23 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Le Samourai Wed 20 Jun - 23:38:55

Somehow , some way, the Wizards managed to convince NO to take on Rashard Lewis contract and give them Ariza and Okafor in return Laughing

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu 21 Jun - 0:01:49

Le Samourai wrote:Somehow , some way, the Wizards managed to convince NO to take on Rashard Lewis contract and give them Ariza and Okafor in return Laughing

:facepalm:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu 21 Jun - 0:03:29

Hornets won that trade... They can buy out Lewis for 13m and they cleared up 20m+ for next season. Okafor is still owed 39m over the next 3, and Ariza is owed 20.

Guess this also means the Wizards won't be taking Drummond. Looking like MKG.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu 21 Jun - 0:06:57

They will take Beal, they have Vesley already.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu 21 Jun - 0:09:21

I;ll lol @ whoever takes Beal in the top 3. And they'd start Ariza over Vesley at this point. Neither one is a solid option. Personally I'm not sold on Beal or MKG.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu 21 Jun - 0:20:30

I don't know anything about them Beal lol, but there was a Ray Allen comparison so his stock is high. I find it interesting because no one even dared to compare Thompson to Ray Allen and I think he's a pretty amazing young player.

Washington passed on him last year
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu 21 Jun - 0:34:35

Beal for me is Eric Gordon-lite, he's gunna impact right away because he's more NBA ready than Jeremy Lamb but Lamb will better in the long run. Beals only 6'3/6'4 with a short wingspan, so it'll be interesting to see how he gets his shot off in the NBA. And for someone being heralded as a great shooter, he only shot 33% from 3 last season. Not impressive at all. Better slasher than Lamb though..

If I had to guess how the draft would go right now:

1. New Orleans - Davis
2. Charlotte - T.Robinson
3. Washington - Beal
4. Cleveland - Barnes
5. Sacramento - MKG
6. Portland - Drummond
7. GS - D. Waiters
8. Toronto - Lillard
9. Detroit - Henson
10. New Orleans- Marshall
11. Portland - Jeremy Lamb
12. Milwaukee- PJIII
13. Phoenix- Terrence Ross
14. Houston - Zeller
15. Philadelphia - Austin Rivers

Lamb could go as high as 8 to Toronto. Houston may look at Moultrie instead of Zeller. But there's always that one team though that'll mess everything up like Cleveland last year with Tristan Thompson.

Last edited by dmize on Thu 21 Jun - 4:14:57; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 21 Jun - 3:08:34

Dmize there's no way we're going to draft Lillard at 7. Main concern is getting SF for us, we have no need for a point guard even if he is a Warriors fan, and if neither Barnes or MKG are available I think we'll trade the pick (hopefully for Batum) or some veteran in the league.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu 21 Jun - 3:12:22

^ I don't think GS will take Lillard. Steph Curry is primed for a breakout year, he's better than the minutes and the control of the ball he was given the last few seasons because of Ellis...I don't see them drafting another PG.

I was hoping Portland could get both Drummond and Marshall.

Edit: Beaten to it Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 21 Jun - 3:19:58

I also think the Suns will take Austin Rivers. The guy has a very high upside, and the team isn't looking to get better fast, everyone here in Phoenix has pretty much conceded defeat with Nash at the helm. I think it's too sweet of a deal to pass for the Suns especially if they play to lose next season for a high lottery pick. Rivers can grow as player while the suns rebuild and he can be a huge piece for them in 3-4 years.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu 21 Jun - 4:12:33

I had Lillard and Waiters switched, I heard GS liked Waiters a lot(even more so than PJIII and T.Jones), as well as Zeller but I don't think he's a top 10 pick.

And Austin Rivers is dropping since everyone saw how broke his jumper is. He shoots with two hands ffs. Not unfixable but he's gunna slide a bit imo. I'd rather have Terrence Ross over him personally.

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 23 Untitled-1jnkh4

Can't believe Doc's son has that kinda form, lol
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu 21 Jun - 5:02:01

Drop because of shooting form? Lol.. Shooting form is so over rated in my opinion, if it goes in the net then who cares right?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu 21 Jun - 5:06:18

good god that is horrid...if he wasn't jumping in the air he would be in full girl-on-a-first-date-in-a-romantic-comedy mode

two handed with elbows flailing...oh my

Are you sure thats not just some fluke GIF or something? I feel like I would've noticed if his form was THAT bad all the time
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu 21 Jun - 5:06:58

Swagg wrote:Drop because of shooting form? Lol.. Shooting form is so over rated in my opinion, if it goes in the net then who cares right?

As Kobe says "its all about playing the percentages"
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu 21 Jun - 6:56:50

Swagg wrote:Drop because of shooting form? Lol.. Shooting form is so over rated in my opinion, if it goes in the net then who cares right?

This a serious question?

Solid form = more consistent results, less likely to slump

He shoots the jumper like Joakim Noah does, and you'll never be consistent that way as he has no control over the extra spin or power he's putting on the ball with his left hand.

And it's not like he was a knock down shooter in college where you can say form doesn't matter, he wasn't.

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Are you sure thats not just some fluke GIF or something? I feel like I would've noticed if his form was THAT bad all the time

That's probably the worst example to be fair. I never noticed it being that bad either.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 21 Jun - 7:03:15

Barbosa shoots with two hands and he was a very consistent shooter for the Suns (I'm not sure about his time in Toronto or Indiana). He's young, I think it's something that can be worked on and improved. But tbh from that gif it looks awful.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu 21 Jun - 7:19:36

True not impossible to fix. Whoever drafts him that should be the first thing they work on. Have his left hand farther forward on the ball, and bring in his right elbow.

I think his game is tailored for the NBA even more so than college so if he fixes that he could pretty successful.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu 21 Jun - 8:22:36

dmize wrote:

This a serious question?

He shoots the jumper like Joakim Noah does, and you'll never be consistent that way as he has no control over the extra spin or power he's putting on the ball with his left hand.

From what I've seen of him he is a decent shooter, streaky like pretty much every guard in the league.. If he shoots that way every single time then I don't see how he would be more likely to slump compared to a player who shoots with good form all of the time

I've come across people with horrendous form that are MONEY with their jumpers
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu 21 Jun - 20:52:24

Swagg wrote:
dmize wrote:

This a serious question?

From what I've seen of him he is a decent shooter, streaky like pretty much every guard in the league.. If he shoots that way every single time then I don't see how he would be more likely to slump compared to a player who shoots with good form all of the time

I've come across people with horrendous form that are MONEY with their jumpers

Yeah in a rec league or something, you'll see that.

And I already explained why he's more prone to slumping than someone with great form(ie Beal), more moving parts in a shot = more things to go wrong.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri 22 Jun - 2:40:33

Form matters alot but more important is consistency.People with genuinely poor form don't just suddenly get better at it (especially guards) because you can seriously damage your game if alter it.

Shooting is 90 % legs, and tweaks in your form could seriously de-stabalize your jumper because in my experience at least, it's very very difficult to alter the power you generate with your legs, it's basically second nature.

If he does try to fix it, it would be a gradual long term project , can't just wake up one day and change your form, your jumper could completely go.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri 22 Jun - 3:42:06

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 23 600713_454061131285627_256552256_n

This is the only post I will ever make an in NBA thread; revel in it.

Last edited by RedOranje on Fri 22 Jun - 3:42:59; edited 1 time in total
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri 22 Jun - 3:42:42

He's a Heat fan! :bow:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri 22 Jun - 4:02:26

Is he at the game right now? Is that a new picture?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri 22 Jun - 5:07:33

Deja Vu.

Is this Dallas or Miami?

This does not even make sense lol.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri 22 Jun - 5:12:43

But I thought OKC was supposed to win?

Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next