lenear1030
Le Samourai
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
59 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager - Page 4 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager

Post by Lord Hades Wed May 30, 2012 11:44 pm

HEARD THIS ABOUT RAWK FROM A FRIEND: IS IT TRUE?

''i dont know man. they have a group of moderators. it is like the taliban regime there. if you do not stick to the party line, you ll be kicked out. a post after their loss to bolton which said 'i cant believe how poor we were tactically. kenny got all the decisions wrong" was met with a permanent ban. it is hilarious.''

Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager - Page 4 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager

Post by Le Samourai Wed May 30, 2012 11:46 pm

MarkForrest17 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:Reminds me of New York fans in the NBA. :facepalm:
Im a new york NBA fan and I am entirely aware of how we will always be awful and never win anything ever again ever.

-cries-

Nah.

Put anything decent around Carmelo and the kid will get it done, he is money.

It's a miracle you won a game, No Point guard and no perimeter defense, trust me, that was a positive series for you guys.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu May 31, 2012 12:03 am

Zealous wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
Zealous wrote:Dave Wheelan confirmed it though. Surprised
The same Whelan that wished for his team to lose so United would win the title over Liverpool... yea, I'll take his word on it.

You don't have to, everything he said pretty much seemed accurate.

The meeting in Miami, that they approached Rodgers, that Martinez would only take the job if he could be in control.

So maybe you should ease off next time before calling someone foolish or ignorant.

(BTW Even Alf won't be able to get Pool to 4th sadly Sad )
Right, a man renowned for shite talking and dislike of Liverpool should be taken at his word on this. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 31, 2012 12:11 am

RedOranje wrote:
Zealous wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
Zealous wrote:Dave Wheelan confirmed it though. Surprised
The same Whelan that wished for his team to lose so United would win the title over Liverpool... yea, I'll take his word on it.

You don't have to, everything he said pretty much seemed accurate.

The meeting in Miami, that they approached Rodgers, that Martinez would only take the job if he could be in control.

So maybe you should ease off next time before calling someone foolish or ignorant.

(BTW Even Alf won't be able to get Pool to 4th sadly Sad )
Right, a man renowned for shite talking and dislike of Liverpool should be taken at his word on this. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

Well he should be renowned for giving reliable information from now on then. albino

Ignorance is bliss but it's folly to be wise (or in this case pretend to be)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Thu May 31, 2012 12:27 am

Lord Hades wrote:HEARD THIS ABOUT RAWK FROM A FRIEND: IS IT TRUE?

''i dont know man. they have a group of moderators. it is like the taliban regime there. if you do not stick to the party line, you ll be kicked out. a post after their loss to bolton which said 'i cant believe how poor we were tactically. kenny got all the decisions wrong" was met with a permanent ban. it is hilarious.''

Negativity is a banable offence, they dont have match threads incase of negativity being posted during a game.

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu May 31, 2012 3:02 am

Zealous wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Zealous wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Zealous wrote:Martinez turned them down lol

The best thing he could have done for Liverpool.

So you hire his side kick instead?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Pointless argument really.

Pointless how?

Martinez is a better coach than Rodgers, both in football philosophy and personality.

Rodgers inherited Martinez's team and style. Martinez wanted control but didn't get it so he declined so after Batman said no you went for Robin lol

(Disclaimer: I like Rodgers and hope he does well, England needs more managers like him)

Considering we have just let go of the idea of having DOF so that it is acceptable to Rodgers , its really pointless argument to say Martinez turned down due to DOF issues.

As for better coach and philosophy the fact is swansea played with much better structure organization and produced far better results than wigan on a similar budget.

Infact Bruce signed much better players and produced much better results than Martinez.Repeating the same mistakes over and over and expecting a different result is not the trademark of a good coach.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu May 31, 2012 4:53 am

Barrettinator wrote::facepalm:

Delusion at its finest.

The only person I'd take in that squad is Suarez. Even Gerrard is aging a lot faster than Lamps did when Lamps was his age.

Lucas is better than any of the defensive midfielders you got.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 31, 2012 7:30 am

Love how people just get random quotes off RAWK and judge a whole fanbase on that.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 31, 2012 7:33 am

Gil wrote:4 managers in 2 years.

EDIT: They won't finish in the Top 4 next season. Just too much rebuilding to do.

I hate G+H. :facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Thu May 31, 2012 9:25 am

I think it was a good appointment Kenny in my opinion wasn't going to ever get Liverpool back to top 4 whether in 2 years or 10. His transfers added very little to the squad for the amount spent. He didn't get the best out of players and it seemed like they were playing hoof ball most of the time.
With Rodgers you get a young manager who has a good transfer record and an actual philosophy that he can bring to the club.

I just think Liverpool fans expect too much while they are still a big club it is hard to attract quality players and managers without CL. Then there is the stadium which either needs to be expanded or a new one built.
Liverpool needs to be rebuilding for 3 or 4 years time not next season.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu May 31, 2012 9:38 am

Rodgers will most likely do better than Dalglish.

ynwa wrote:Love how people just get random quotes off RAWK and judge a whole fanbase on that.

To be fair, most posters on RAWK are really delusional. But there are a few who are sensible, it's just that most of them are either banned or have quit on visiting that site.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu May 31, 2012 10:48 am

meteormaker wrote:Rodgers will most likely do better than Dalglish.

ynwa wrote:Love how people just get random quotes off RAWK and judge a whole fanbase on that.

To be fair, most posters on RAWK are really delusional. But there are a few who are sensible, it's just that most of them are either banned or have quit on visiting that site.
That still doesn't justify using one internet forum to stereotype an entire fanbase, which is what ynwa is suggesting has happened.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2012 1:00 pm

Rodgers is a more continential manager than Martinez. That's why VDB has asked him to attend Spain's training sessions for the Euros.

Not to mention, his defensive side of the game is very superior to Martinez'. I hope, Van Gaal is appointed as DOF, and the team can start working.

I am not overwhelmed by this appointment, but remotely positive.

It's not comparative to Hodgson at all. He was an old dinasour with outdated 4-4-2 tactics like a typical British manager, whereas if you read articles and ethos of Rodgers, he is extremely different, and he speaks perfect Spanish too :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu May 31, 2012 1:03 pm

That is some good information about Rodgers Sepi. Certainly looking forward to watching Liverpool next season.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2012 1:28 pm

Yes Kianr.

Read this page, it has a lot of informative info about him.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294162.0

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu May 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Schweini wrote:Yes Kianr.

Read this page, it has a lot of informative info about him.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294162.0

a gigantic slab of text from RAWK! thank god i finally found someting easy to read AND free of bias Rolling Eyes
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu May 31, 2012 2:31 pm

From second divison to first and to top it off his coaching a very big club. Quite the jump, I wish him GL.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu May 31, 2012 4:57 pm

RED 80s. wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:6th-7th no decent league cup runs, gets fired, and hire Sam allardyce as he leads the hammers back to the PL and a 11th place on the table.

My point exactly. :facepalm: Give the guy a chance.

He will get 'Pool playing better football and will improve your league campaign in comparison to KD's disastrous campaign.

I remember when this was said about woy :facepalm:
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu May 31, 2012 8:52 pm

No-one ever said Roy would have the club playing good football, and only the owners and media claimed he'd improve the side's league performance. Don't talk nonsense.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:35 am

Official.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:58 am

I will not sack Daglish just to hire Brenda Rodgers
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:55 pm

This whole situation is farcical. Pool... :facepalm:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:28 pm

I wonder if this is just the football mentality.

Prior to Rodgers getting the Liverpool gig he was talked about all season as the logical replacement for Arry at Spurs should he take the England job.

Spurs are a better club at the moment than Liverpool, but somehow he's the logical choice for one but not the other? Personally, while I loathe the Pool, any manager has the potential to be a legend should they restore them to some semblance of their former glory.

We are a fickle group my friends.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:56 pm

Motogp69 wrote:I wonder if this is just the football mentality.

Prior to Rodgers getting the Liverpool gig he was talked about all season as the logical replacement for Arry at Spurs should he take the England job.

Spurs are a better club at the moment than Liverpool, but somehow he's the logical choice for one but not the other? Personally, while I loathe the Pool, any manager has the potential to be a legend should they restore them to some semblance of their former glory.

We are a fickle group my friends.
Not only separating personal like/dislike from the argument, but also speaking the most truth of anyone in this thread.

#creditwherecreditisdue
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:20 pm

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Rodgers tells Adam and Gerrard to play short passes and no Hollywood balls.

BTW its being reported it cost Liverpool 7m to get Rodgers and his staff.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:22 pm

Mole I'm pretty sure it won't be a problem with Gerrard, meanwhile Adam I won't even comment on.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next