lenear1030
Le Samourai
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
59 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager - Page 6 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager

Post by RedOranje Tue 5 Jun - 23:22:53

And just to end things, Whelan is indeed talking shite again, just as he did when making the claim about Martinez being made an offer.

"I have just spoken to Roberto," Whelan told Sky Sports News on Friday. "He went yesterday to Miami and had a very constructive meeting with the owner of Liverpool.

"They're going to talk again on Tuesday. They've made Roberto an offer and he has agreed to consider it."

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager - Page 6 Empty Re: Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager

Post by McAgger Tue 11 Dec - 21:28:58

Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager - Page 6 Rodgerspeak

Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 11 Dec - 21:44:54

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager - Page 6 Rodgerspeak

Laughing

Come on, she barely has anything to peak at :coffee:

I'm not giving Brendan much praise for how the season has gone so far, but he's just being natural here smoking
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 20 Feb - 6:48:05

Amazing video on our sexy football under BR.

[youtub]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q3Fb1n9hHw[/youtube]
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed 20 Feb - 12:15:44

Most plays are like watching Barça on a bad day, but still, :bow: Rodgers and Liverpool. I hope Liverpool can get back to winning titles.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Wed 20 Feb - 12:35:02

I will judge him after his second season,it's only fair we give him a full season with his players and tactics bedded in.

He has to at least challenge for 4th next season and do a bit better in the cup competitions.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Wed 20 Feb - 14:24:34

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager - Page 6 Rodgerspeak

Laughing

HAHAHA My sides rofl

get in there you beauty
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed 20 Feb - 21:29:56

Brendan Heart
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun 28 Apr - 10:38:13

Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager - Page 6 164641_520265798010235_743695719_n

Improvement over last season already and 3 games still to go. I think we'll improve even more next season (hoping for top 5). As long as we're in the mold for Cl spots come the end of the season, even if we miss out at the end, it wouldn't be a disaster.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun 28 Apr - 10:41:44

Mr Nick09 wrote:Can i predict now that they wont be in Europa league places next year?

Mr Nick09 wrote:
outside of the top6 is my prediction.

Nick you beauty Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun 28 Apr - 15:54:05

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Brendan Rodgers new Liverpool manager - Page 6 164641_520265798010235_743695719_n

Improvement over last season already and 3 games still to go. I think we'll improve even more next season (hoping for top 5). As long as we're in the mold for Cl spots come the end of the season, even if we miss out at the end, it wouldn't be a disaster.
Many would have said that would be the standard of measure for this season... I'll leave it up to your judgement whether that was realistic or not.

The landscape for the Champions League spots has changed in the last few seasons. It's no longer a "big 4" battling it out for ranking and usually a one-off top-four challenge from an unexpected club. Now there are 5 teams regularly competing for top-four (Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man U, and Spurs). That list doesn't take into account Liverpool pushing on to compete for CL or Everton replicating their efforts from this season.

The point here is that CL should no longer be considered a rite for "big clubs" (not just us, but Chelsea and Arsenal have both looked in danger of missing out at times this season, as well). It looks to be a dogfight each and every year. Even if we do improve next season, CL is by no means guaranteed. I just want to see how many points we can get this season. 66 would, of course, be wonderful, though unlikely (beating the 63 point tally that saw Rafa sacked). Next season, we should be aiming for somewhere around 70 points. I don't think that's too much to ask, especially considering that we are 1 or 2 linesman's decision and 1 or 2 idiotic mistakes away from sitting on 60 with 3 games left: Man City (A) +2, Man City (H)+2, Everton (A) +2 (you could even make an argument for Swansea (A) +2, putting us on 62 with three left). Those are only the matches where I can identify a single moment which directly lead to two dropped points.

For reference, 69, 68, 70, 72 and 76 are the tallies that the fourth placed teams needed in the last 5 seasons (07-08 to 11-12). It's a small sample size, but a clear downward trend would seem to highlight the parity between clubs in and around the CL places. Moreover, a tally of 70 points should see us challenge for a spot.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 28 Apr - 16:44:32

Considering how you completely fell apart after the cup final its a bit misleading to compare IMO.

You was in the top 6 before the end of season falling apart if i remember correctly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun 28 Apr - 17:49:32

^ Sorry mate, but that's a retarded logic.

a league season is 38 games....not until cup final + rest. THE FALLL after the cup final was the main reason of Kenny's sacking. a manager should keep his team motivated at all cost. Plus, we still had a struggle to finish above Everton and we failed.

Some would have thought we'd be on the beach already especially with Suarez not there...but it's important to keep the team motivated at all time.

Anyways:
Second highest goal scorers in the league
second most clean sheets in the league
5th best GD in the league
highest amount of away goals in the league

yet, 7th Laughing

reason for optimism though.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun 28 Apr - 18:11:13

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Considering how you completely fell apart after the cup final its a bit misleading to compare IMO.

You was in the top 6 before the end of season falling apart if i remember correctly.
I don't see why it's that ridiculous to compare. It's still a full season. Jsut because we had a bad second half doesn't make it go away. (Though, I wish it would have... The end of last season was miserable.)

By the same logic, we could write of the beginning to this season, because Rodgers was bedding in, we only had one fit striker, and we failed to get a win on the board until late September.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 28 Apr - 18:25:46

Not saying that, just saying comparing tables simply isn't a good way of saying you have improved.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun 28 Apr - 19:49:51

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Not saying that, just saying comparing tables simply isn't a good way of saying you have improved.
It is though, in the same sense that comparing points totals is a good way of determining which is the "Best club" in the league at the end of the season and thus deserving of a trophy. Essentially, it's the only truly objective measure of a club's improvement, even if it is limited.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun 28 Apr - 19:57:36

liverpool-rumours.co.uk wrote:I can 100% guarantee Brendan Rodgers is on Man City's manager shortlist..

Cheers

Macca
No

I know he won't leave, but looks like Man City staff and Txiki rate him and that impresses me.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun 28 Apr - 20:41:47

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
liverpool-rumours.co.uk wrote:I can 100% guarantee Brendan Rodgers is on Man City's manager shortlist..

Cheers

Macca
No

I know he won't leave, but looks like Man City staff and Txiki rate him and that impresses me.
Take it as a compliment.

He's not leaving Liverpool for Man City this summer. Rodgers was hesitant to leave Swansea last summer before speaking to management and being assured he'd have a certain amount of control and time to build his "project". As idealistic and respectful of history as Rodgers is, there is little to no chance of him leaving for Man City, leaving his project in its infantile stages... No. That's simply not the Brendan Rodgers we've come to know over the past year at Liverpool.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun 28 Apr - 21:19:47

Rodgers already gets paid pretty hefty with us too, and that's City's only strength that's out the window.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 29 Apr - 10:44:25

mr-r34 wrote:6th-7th no decent league cup runs, gets fired, and hire Sam allardyce as he leads the hammers back to the PL and a 11th place on the table.

hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 29 Apr - 10:49:39

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Rodgers already gets paid pretty hefty with us too, and that's City's only strength that's out the window.

He'd have an unlimited budget, get an improvement on his wages (even if he was paid "well" here) and will have Txiki's full backing. He's also abandoned Swansea's project to be more prestigious to come to us. Who knows if he stays or goes, I really am hoping he stays, but if City do come calling for him, it won't be an easy no imo.

Still think City will go for a Louis Van Gaal or someone of that status to help guide them in the CL.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun 12 May - 21:00:17

Two managers we absolutely adore

Houllier first season with LFC: 54 points, 68-49, +19
Rafa first season with LFC: 58 points, 52-41, +11

Rodgers first season with LFC: 58 points, 70-43, +27 (1 match remaining)
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon 13 May - 8:33:31

Rodgers has done Well. Was a transitional season, and has put them in good position for success next season. I say Liverpool make top 4

Prediction-

1) Arsenal
2) Chelsea
3) United
4) Liverpool

:coffee:
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 13 May - 9:31:12

"If Liverpool score two goals in London today, it will see them record their highest away goals tally in Barclays Premier League history."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/lucas-he-ll-be-watching-us

Now make Anfield a fortress and fix the defence. Very Happy
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon 13 May - 9:58:48

VendettaRed07 wrote:Rodgers has done Well. Was a transitional season, and has put them in good position for success next season. I say Liverpool make top 4

Prediction-

1) Arsenal
2) Chelsea
3) United
4) Liverpool

:coffee:

Proud
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 13 May - 10:03:14

To be fair, Arsenal does have a chance of winning the league next year. They need to sign leaders though. Their side lacks mentality...

And they should have money to spend now the Emirates is paid off, so signing them can be realistic. Add to that, everyone above them has just hired a new manager. lol

Doubt it though. Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next