Would you sell Raul Meireles?

+9
McAgger
Red Alert
donttreadonred
BeautifulGame
Fahim89
mr-r34
nj
TheRedStag
Nishankly
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by Nishankly Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:09 am

Raul has been an asset to us this season. But i think we should have seen these rumors coming.
Kenny favored Spearing [ touted as the new Makelele ] in CM and shifting Raul to the right. With Gerrard back we have cover for the right. That leaves Raul no where.

Now Raul obviously is pretty poor in aerial and ground tackles..Adds nothing to defense except fouls therefore Kenny does not play him in the center..

Now RM - Kuyt, Gerrard.
Cm - Gerrard, Lucas, Spearing, Henderson. [+ Adam maybe]

Where does Raul fit into this considering Kenny rates Spearing higher than him? Henderson to me looks like a direct replacement for Raul and the new CM would be Adam who would replace Spearing.

Im not saying that we should sell Raul as soon as possible, Im just stating that life without him would not be as bad as Raul offers nothing extra when we compare him to Hendo or Adam...

This is what i think, What do think?

EDIT - 1. Raul might end up staying.
2. Please do not think i don't like him, i rate everything he has done for us this season.
3. Im barely stating these rumors could have a base.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20749
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:22 am

Nishank wrote:Raul has been an asset to us this season. But i think we should have seen these rumors coming.
Kenny favored Spearing [ touted as the new Makelele ] in CM and shifting Raul to the right. With Gerrard back we have cover for the right. That leaves Raul no where.

Now Raul obviously is pretty poor in aerial and ground tackles..Adds nothing to defense except fouls therefore Kenny does not play him in the center..

Now RM - Kuyt, Gerrard.
Cm - Gerrard, Lucas, Spearing, Henderson. [+ Adam maybe]

Where does Raul fit into this considering Kenny rates Spearing higher than him? Henderson to me looks like a direct replacement for Raul and the new CM would be Adam who would replace Spearing.

Im not saying that we should sell Raul as soon as possible, Im just stating that life without him would not be as bad as Raul offers nothing extra when we compare him to Hendo or Adam...

This is what i think, What do think?

Sorry dude I have to disagree strongly here.

First off on a side-note Spearing the new Makelele is overrating at its finest.

The underlined statements are jumping to a lot of conclusion imo.

How do you know Kenny prefers Spearing to Raul. People on other forums are saying that Raul is one of Kenny's favourite players.

With the players we have currently, I believe our strongest starting 11 would be

------------------Reina------------
Johnson--Carragher--Skrtel---Aurelio
-----------------Lucas-------------
-------Gerrard-----------Raul-------
Dirk--------------------------Suarez
----------------Carroll-------------

Bench: Kelly, Agger, Spearing, Henderson, Maxi, etc.

I don't see why Spearing, Henderson or Adam if we get him should start ahead of Raul.

Thats just my opinion. I dont think we should sell him especially for a fee in or around 15m. It should be 20 at least.


TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3045
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by Nishankly Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:27 am

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:

Sorry dude I have to disagree strongly here.

First off on a side-note Spearing the new Makelele is overrating at its finest.

The underlined statements are jumping to a lot of conclusion imo.

How do you know Kenny prefers Spearing to Raul. People on other forums are saying that Raul is one of Kenny's favourite players.

Dude! that was a joke.. Its a line/thread Sepi said.. Spearing has been in fine form..

Kenny shifted Raul to the right exactly how Kelly shifted Glen to the left.. Spearing displaced Raul.
Kenny rates Spearing more than Raul at CM. Which is a fact, If this fact was not true we would have seen Raul at the center and Spearing not even on the bench..

Raul is very poor in defending. He actually gives more fouls than Skrtel..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20749
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:40 am

Nishank wrote:
Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:

Sorry dude I have to disagree strongly here.

First off on a side-note Spearing the new Makelele is overrating at its finest.

The underlined statements are jumping to a lot of conclusion imo.

How do you know Kenny prefers Spearing to Raul. People on other forums are saying that Raul is one of Kenny's favourite players.

Dude! that was a joke.. Its a line/thread Sepi said.. Spearing has been in fine form..

Kenny shifted Raul to the right exactly how Kelly shifted Glen to the left.. Spearing displaced Raul.
Kenny rates Spearing more than Raul at CM. Which is a fact, If this fact was not true we would have seen Raul at the center and Spearing not even on the bench..

Raul is very poor in defending. He actually gives more fouls than Skrtel..

Yes, Spearing has been in fine form but Gerrard will take his place in the team not Raul's.

In the full season Raul played 2525 minutes, Spearing played 795. Raul made 6 assists, Spearing made 2. Raul scored 5 goals, Spearing none. I know they are different player but Raul brings a lot to the party.

If he was playing in a three man midfield with Gerrard and Lucas he'd thrive in my opinion.

OK the defensive aspect of his game is a weakness but his other attributes more than make up for this as far as i'm concerned. Playing along side Gerrard and Lucas would lessen the need for his questionable defensive side as both Gerrard and Lucas are more than capable of putting in a tackle.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3045
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by nj Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:42 am

of course not.

not in a million years.

hes was one of our top performers last season,
and i'll eat my couch if we sell Meireles while we end up with the likes of Poulsen, Adam & Spearing


Last edited by nj on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 604
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by Nishankly Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:44 am

nj wrote:of course not.

not in a million years.
hes was one of our top performers last season,
and i youll eat my couch if we sell Meireles while we end up with the likes of Poulsen and Adam

Replacing him with Adam and Hendo, i don't think Raul will bring anything more to the squad that Hendo+Adam don't bring.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20749
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by TheRedStag Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:49 am

Nishank wrote:
nj wrote:of course not.

not in a million years.
hes was one of our top performers last season,
and i youll eat my couch if we sell Meireles while we end up with the likes of Poulsen and Adam

Replacing him with Adam and Hendo, i don't think Raul will bring anything more to the squad that Hendo+Adam don't bring.

Well let me twist that around and ask you what do they bring that Raul doesn't?

Are you forgetting that Raul was one of our best players last season and scored goals at crucial times.

Raul also won PFA Fans Player of the year
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3045
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by Nishankly Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:51 am

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:

Well let me twist that around and ask you what do they bring that Raul doesn't?

Are you forgetting that Raul was one of our best players last season and scored goals at crucial times.

Raul also won PFA Fans Player of the year

No no .. Don't get me wrong here.. I acknowledge the fact Raul has been one of the best for us.. As i said in the first post.

Im just exploring the possibilities and the base of these rumors about Meireles, Which i think won't be so bad if we replace him with Adam and Hendo..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20749
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by mr-r34 Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:00 pm

Where does Johnson fit when we rate suarez higher then him, ffs comon. Raul is a more acm, spearing is a dcm, there used in different types of positions, vsing different opponents, this makes no sense. Raul is shifted to the right, was more due to we had no1 there, and him coming on as a rw, and having spearing and lucas in the cm, is a better option then benching either 1 and using one of the useless wingers we have. Raul in no way should even be sold. Lets face it stevies getting old, and he wont last a whole season, raul can fill his spot in the middle of the 2 wingers behind carroll when injury comes, or in rotation in order to make sure all our players don't burn out.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich
Posts : 3377
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:04 pm

i am caught in two minds as i understand both Irish catalan & nishank & do agree to both to some extent . .so i would say any offer below 20m should not be accepted . . Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3370
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:05 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

His off the ball movements, and well timed runs to create space for other attackign players is SOOO UNDER-RATED

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Is this the same Raul who covered more ground than anyone else in the Premier League?

Only Lucas had made more successful tackles than Meireles for Liverpool iirc.Ya certainly Raul backs out of challenges.Isnt he?

Why would we replace Meireles with a inferior player in Adam? Adam is a good squad player for us but he isnt good enough to be regular for us.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by donttreadonred Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:09 pm

Thank goodness I'm not the only one. I was beginning to think a lot of us were so high on the hype of Charlie Adam that we had completely forgotten Meireles' contribution last season. Don't get me wrong, Charlie Adam is a very good player and could be a quality player for any premier league team in the future. However, to effectively trade Meireles for Adam is not an equal or beneficial exchange. I acknowledge that Adam is younger and full of potential, but it's spending money on a position that is already overloaded. This is one move that I do not fully understand. scratch
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 2208
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:11 pm

RAWK troll rumour turn success. Neutral

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:22 am

Hell NO.....Raul was one of our best players if not the best player last season. Why would you bring an inferior player to replace him. IMO Charlie Adam is in no way, shape, or form better than Raul. It's just like Barry for Alonso crap all over again.

If there's any truth to what your saying Nishank, then our directing board wouldn't be any better than the one under Benitez. I mean Raul is coming off of his best season and we THINK about replacing him with Adam. Just like Alonso was coming off of his best season and we frakked ourselves sideways by being interested in an inferior player in Barry.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28279
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 105

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:41 am

^ Look's like we're going to sell AA for Adam mate. Raul ain't go anywhere. Certain of it. Kenny wants players that want to stay @ the club. Meireles has stated he'd stay here for 10+ seasons.

Raul Meireles will be a Liverpool player next season.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:09 am

Nah guys im just exploring the possibility oh him leaving..I want him to stay but nothing is certain considering we signed Hendo for 20 million.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20749
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:46 am

Now even Echo is reporting about these rumours Crying or Very sad Sad
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:04 am

He's off then... Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 11625
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:48 am

Thats what im trying to see in this thread, Why is he going? And how will be life without him?

I think we will be fine ..IMO if we replace him with Hendo and Adam.

Meireles <= Hendo + Adam ...IMO

Hendo will provide the runs and the one touch football that Meireles provided.
Adam will provide some more creativity and better set pieces + More defense as he is a deep lying play maker.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20749
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:01 am

sorry to but in, but nishank, Neither Adam or Henderson are better then Miereles mate. Not even close. Also Miereles has played as a DM numerous times for Portugal, so i dont know where " he isnt good enough defensively " comes from ?

Hes one of the 2 players at LFC i would take in a heartbeat

thinking about it, if we do sell Clichy to you guys and u are selling Raul, then im hoping there is a swap deal involved.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89375
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:41 am

The only way selling Meireles is justifiable is if Suarez is given a free role and we play with 2 wingers and hence Meireles is relegated to bench.

Lucas------------Gerrard

Downing----------------Suarez--------------------Mata

Carroll

Maybe this is what Kenny has in mind.Either way i still think Meireles will be a liverpool player come August 31st.All these rumours will die once we find a buyer for Aquilani.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:04 am

I could sell Meireles if the money was right. He was good for us last season, but not incredible or impossible to replace. Yeah, he won the award and all, but that was voted for in February or something, right after Raul had scored some 5 goals in a few games. He faded towards the end of the season and seeing that we bought Henderson, still have Aquilani and Adam might be coming, yeah, I could sell him.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18184
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:33 am

Art Morte wrote:I could sell Meireles if the money was right. He was good for us last season, but not incredible or impossible to replace. Yeah, he won the award and all, but that was voted for in February or something, right after Raul had scored some 5 goals in a few games. He faded towards the end of the season and seeing that we bought Henderson, still have Aquilani and Adam might be coming, yeah, I could sell him.


At last some one here agrees that we could still live without him Smile
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20749
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:40 am

Nishank wrote:
Art Morte wrote:I could sell Meireles if the money was right. He was good for us last season, but not incredible or impossible to replace. Yeah, he won the award and all, but that was voted for in February or something, right after Raul had scored some 5 goals in a few games. He faded towards the end of the season and seeing that we bought Henderson, still have Aquilani and Adam might be coming, yeah, I could sell him.


At last some one here agrees that we could still live without him Smile

not fair i am halfway there for the right price Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 3370
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Would you sell Raul Meireles? Empty Re: Would you sell Raul Meireles?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum