Your clubs want Thiago Silva? That's cute.

+26
C.Marchisio #8
pedrosom
Tifoso Romanista
milanmaldini
leemhuis
Zealous
TonyDaBeast
Rossoneri Ninja
Gomez83
Milan31
Patrick Bateman
Tigole
the xcx
celikmilan
DRK
Il Diavolo
Potential
KR10
Cruijf
Dante
dostoevsky
BiasedMilanFan3
Milantildeath
Forza
Mr Nick09
Ganso
30 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Your clubs want Thiago Silva? That's cute. - Page 4 Empty Re: Your clubs want Thiago Silva? That's cute.

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu May 24, 2012 10:52 pm

Sounds pretty similar to me

BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Your clubs want Thiago Silva? That's cute. - Page 4 Empty Re: Your clubs want Thiago Silva? That's cute.

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 24, 2012 10:59 pm

If recall again, everything was agreed between player and clubs, and Carlo pulled the plug at the very last minute (thankfully Very Happy).

I am not saying that you will sell him, but once again your club is in financial distress and you have a player that can bring you some 45+m if you handle it well. I think you will find that PSG wont put in a bid for Pato again for example, his injuries have turned off many
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu May 24, 2012 11:06 pm

carlo pulled it off?what?pato and berlu were the ones who canceled the deal
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu May 24, 2012 11:07 pm

1. Berlusconi pulled the plug not Ancelotti
2. Ancelotti has said PSG will try to sign Pato this mercato
3. Galliani said yesterday that Pato is healed of all his injury problems. So I can't see what's stopping PSG from signing him now.

Technically Thiago Silva is injury prone, he spent an unbelievable amount of time on the sidelines because of injuries and even this season he spent a fair amount of time of injured.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu May 24, 2012 11:11 pm

Let's look into the stupidity of this situation

We are selling an irreplaceable defender for a high price so we can fund the rest of the squad
INSTEAD of selling an attacker, who we have many of, that would let us keep this irreplaceable defender and still fund the rest of the squad.

Dya get what I'm saying here?
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 24, 2012 11:15 pm

typo typo lol, i meant berlu

well, if you can raise funds by selling Pato to PSG (which i doubt will happen despite what Carlo said) then it's a good thing.

But robbing 50m for Thiago from City or Barcelona is an equally great opportunity. To me, he is replaceable, it looks bad now for you because Nesta is gone, Mexes i dont rate anymore etc... but frankly, you can replace him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:typo typo lol, i meant berlu

well, if you can raise funds by selling Pato to PSG (which i doubt will happen despite what Carlo said) then it's a good thing.

But robbing 50m for Thiago from City or Barcelona is an equally great opportunity. To me, he is replaceable, it looks bad now for you because Nesta is gone, Mexes i dont rate anymore etc... but frankly, you can replace him.

I fail to see how that's an equally great opportunity. There's no guarantee we would be able to find a suitable replacement and we're in no position to get rid of our best defensive asset (especially after losing Nesta). I'm not going to act like I know what type of center backs are available on the market, but I doubt there is anyone who could fill the boots of Silva. I also feel like 50m wouldn't be a robbery in this new age transfer market, not to mention the fact that it's Manchester City and we all know they're willing to splurge.

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu May 24, 2012 11:39 pm

With?
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu May 24, 2012 11:44 pm

replace TS Laughing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 24, 2012 11:53 pm

Very Happy

didnt you think that Maldini or Nesta were irreplaceable before you found Thiago and he matured?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu May 24, 2012 11:58 pm

Maldini was irreplaceable. Have you seen our LBs for the last 3 seasons?

And we didnt need to talk about replacing Nesta because we have Thiago.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri May 25, 2012 12:00 am

I'm starting to sound like a smartass now.

Look, Milan fans simply see no point in selling Silva when we could easily find the resources from selling other players.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Fri May 25, 2012 1:58 am

TS won't be sold and neither Pato. A healthy Pato is one of the best attacking players in the world. Remember, we bought him when he was like 16-17.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri May 25, 2012 2:18 am

It wasn't Berlusconi that stopped Pato from leaving :coffee:

Berlusconi lied like he did with Kaka in January 2009 , when he said he broke down the negotiations on the last minute Laughing

if someone stopped any deal was to be done , it was Barbara Berlusconi ,for obvious reasons. Pato didn't want to leave anyway . Not to mention , Pato denied many stuff written since then , even about some of his injuries ..
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri May 25, 2012 2:33 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:Maldini was irreplaceable. Have you seen our LBs for the last 3 seasons?

And we didnt need to talk about replacing Nesta because we have Thiago.

Maldini's last game as a left back was in 07-08 , and even then , he rarely featured at his famous position . It's way more than 3 seasons.

Our last good left back was Jankulovski obviously , but even him lost it somewhere in 2008.. :coffee:

I won't mention the rest , just lol
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri May 25, 2012 3:41 am

Well you have a point St. Nick, but it has to be said that no matter how much we charge for Silva, he is definitely irreplaceable. I can stomach selling Pato because there are a bunch of good replacements I can name off the top of my head. But Silva?

No.

The best case scenario if we sell Silva is raising enough money to reinforce all our other positions. But our defence will still be weak.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri May 25, 2012 4:24 am

Saying we'll find a replacement for Thiago Silva is moot given that the player doesn't want to leave and his departure hasn't been anticipated in the manner of a declining legend so we haven't been grooming his replacement in the squad as has happened with Nesta. There is a vast difference between searching for replacements in the market in advance and after the fact and we expose ourselves to far too much risk.

You're trying to propose as a responsible policy the selling of our greatest assets without any reassurance of a dedicated plan to replace him. If I could trust Milan to wisely re-invest the funds then it would be more palatable, even though I find the idea of selling a player who wishes to stay distasteful. We all know such discrete management is unlikely.

Selling Silva should be a last resort. I'd rather sell half of our squad and use our Primavera if it meant retaining a loyal, world class player and future captain who wants to stay at Milan. 50 million isn't robbing City, it's a sane price in this sort of market.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri May 25, 2012 4:33 am

Rofl Nick is getting absolutely gang-banged by Milanisti at the moment

Never doubt loyalty of the one we call Monstro Clubber
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri May 25, 2012 4:34 am

Don't worry Nick, we still love you. Razz

After all, your club is giving us Sahin. Your clubs want Thiago Silva? That's cute. - Page 4 Lucasl
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri May 25, 2012 5:47 am

Everyone appears to be replaceable at Madrid, but that's not how it works here. :coffee:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri May 25, 2012 5:59 am

Very Happy ME think giving away 5 Fan favorite players at the same time is not the best move you can make specially if you want to continue replacing them with free transfers may be i'm wrong but Milan never completely recovered after selling Kaka and even after Stam was out , it took them a considerably long time to get some sort of solid defence again What a Face now Nesta is out and selling his only replacement is not a good move .
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 25, 2012 6:19 am

dostoevsky wrote:
Saying we'll find a replacement for Thiago Silva is moot given that the player doesn't want to leave and his departure hasn't been anticipated in the manner of a declining legend so we haven't been grooming his replacement in the squad as has happened with Nesta. There is a vast difference between searching for replacements in the market in advance and after the fact and we expose ourselves to far too much risk.

You're trying to propose as a responsible policy the selling of our greatest assets without any reassurance of a dedicated plan to replace him. If I could trust Milan to wisely re-invest the funds then it would be more palatable, even though I find the idea of selling a player who wishes to stay distasteful. We all know such discrete management is unlikely.

Selling Silva should be a last resort. I'd rather sell half of our squad and use our Primavera if it meant retaining a loyal, world class player and future captain who wants to stay at Milan. 50 million isn't robbing City, it's a sane price in this sort of market.

I am trying to propose you to sell your player, i just raised the possibility that your management might do it for a high enough amount of money, for economic reasons.

Given, i dont know how bad your finances are, and the team isnt in the same state as it was when Kaka left, but it wouldnt shock me at all, that Berlu would bow to a high enough bid. That's what i meant.

As for Thiago being replaceable, i know he is your defensive pillar but i dont think there is a player that is irreplaceable in football, maybe bar Messi, but that's because his skills are so unique.

Being the "best" is a funny concept, more than anything it translates to me consistency to perform and to stay at the highest level. But that doesnt mean that other players cant get to that level, or even outplay him. As fans we defend such concepts fiercely, and even if another player does manage to outplay the one crowned the "best", fans will argue otherwise.

That's why to some extent, i dont think anyone (bar maybe messi because his skills are so unique) is irreplaceable, in a pure football sense. Now if you talk to me about intangibles such as leadership and field commander etc, i will understand why you see it so negatively that he goes.

Now, there is also the argument that the player is irreplaceable in the context of your starting XI, chemistry and such, but your team is in reconstruction, and if you are going to move so many pieces in the midfield, then it doesnt apply.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri May 25, 2012 6:39 am

I agree that no player is irreplaceable, however in the general sense of possibility. Our avenues with which to replace Thiago Silva are limited not simply economically however also by the vacuum of leadership within the squad that would exist, limiting our ability to groom the player to a world class level and pragmatic restrictions on our ability to scout such a suitable talent. Can we do it? Yes, we'd get by, however we've know way of knowing how far it would set us back and for what? With the size of our squad we'd be better off selling a few players rather than one star.

That we are making so many moves in midfield is precisely why we must maintain Silva in my eyes. You've stated that the significant reshuffle the squad is undergoing means that concerns for his place within the construction of our best eleven isn't important, however with a replacement arriving for Nesta to partner Silva it guarantees us the ability to maintain a higher line and to play the ball out from the back, which directly affect the confidence with which we can invest in a particular type of midfield. Not to mention the confidence that his very presence gives not only to our players but our coach.

You can't buy loyalty, class and leadership. If we sold Thiago Silva whilst a mercenary like Ibra was in our squad I'd never forgive our management and I sincerely mean that. What you're suggesting wouldn't be so radical with a better management, however if he goes we'll just screw it up anyway.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tifoso Romanista Fri May 25, 2012 6:50 am

dostoevsky wrote:I agree that no player is irreplaceable, however in the general sense of possibility. Our avenues with which to replace Thiago Silva are limited not simply economically however also by the vacuum of leadership within the squad that would exist, limiting our ability to groom the player to a world class level and pragmatic restrictions on our ability to scout such a suitable talent. Can we do it? Yes, we'd get by, however we've know way of knowing how far it would set us back and for what? With the size of our squad we'd be better off selling a few players rather than one star.

That we are making so many moves in midfield is precisely why we must maintain Silva in my eyes. You've stated that the significant reshuffle the squad is undergoing means that concerns for his place within the construction of our best eleven isn't important, however with a replacement arriving for Nesta to partner Silva it guarantees us the ability to maintain a higher line and to play the ball out from the back, which directly affect the confidence with which we can invest in a particular type of midfield. Not to mention the confidence that his very presence gives not only to our players but our coach.

You can't buy loyalty, class and leadership. If we sold Thiago Silva whilst a mercenary like Ibra was in our squad I'd never forgive our management and I sincerely mean that. What you're suggesting wouldn't be so radical with a better management, however if he goes we'll just screw it up anyway.

Thumbs up
Tifoso Romanista
Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun May 27, 2012 2:39 pm

This kills what little hope the Barca fans, etc. had that he was coming...

"I have been told that for Milan I am a fundamental part of the team and non-transferable," Thiago Silva told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

"If I am tempted to play in the Premier League or La Liga? Absolutely not. I am happy at Milan and I want to stay.

"I spoke with [Milan CEO] Adriano Galliani before I left for Hamburg, and he told me: 'You can stay calm because you are not leaving this club'."

Earlier in the week, Zlatan Ibrahimovic stated that the team needed some fine-tuning in the summer, and Thiago Silva has called on the Rossoneri chiefs to make a big investment in new signings.

"Ibrahimovic and I think the same way: we came to this club to win and we are staying for that same reason," the defender added.

"Milan are already a competitive side, but this season showed that in order to go further, we need more quality players."

All of us Milan fans knew he was committed, but this needed to be posted just so that the guys from the other clubs know they've got no chance. Razz
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by pedrosom Mon May 28, 2012 5:19 pm

Thiago Silva is not going anywhere Smile Barcelona can stop dream about it
pedrosom
pedrosom
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next