Your clubs want Thiago Silva? That's cute.

+26
C.Marchisio #8
pedrosom
Tifoso Romanista
milanmaldini
leemhuis
Zealous
TonyDaBeast
Rossoneri Ninja
Gomez83
Milan31
Patrick Bateman
Tigole
the xcx
celikmilan
DRK
Il Diavolo
Potential
KR10
Cruijf
Dante
dostoevsky
BiasedMilanFan3
Milantildeath
Forza
Mr Nick09
Ganso
30 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Your clubs want Thiago Silva? That's cute. - Page 3 Empty Re: Your clubs want Thiago Silva? That's cute.

Post by dostoevsky Wed 23 May 2012, 01:52

Ganso wrote:i did not allow this title change Clubber

U mirin? :coffee:

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Your clubs want Thiago Silva? That's cute. - Page 3 Empty Re: Your clubs want Thiago Silva? That's cute.

Post by dostoevsky Wed 23 May 2012, 02:03

Thiago Silva has been linked to Barcelona and Manchester City, but his agent insists “his preference is certainly Milan.”

The defender is hot property on the transfer market and there have been reports he will be sold to raise funds this summer.

“Neither I nor Thiago have had contact with Manchester City or Barcelona,” agent Paulo Tonietto told Calciomercato.it.

“His preference is certainly Milan. Only the Rossoneri directors can decide to sell the player.

“The stories that circulated are just journalistic speculation that came out to fill the newspapers when there isn’t anything else to write about.”
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Wed 23 May 2012, 02:23

Thiago Silva's agent stated that there has been no contact with City or Barca and that Thiago's only desire is to stay in Milan
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 May 2012, 04:24

dostoevsky wrote:Thiago Silva has been linked to Barcelona and Manchester City, but his agent insists “his preference is certainly Milan.”

The defender is hot property on the transfer market and there have been reports he will be sold to raise funds this summer.

“Neither I nor Thiago have had contact with Manchester City or Barcelona,” agent Paulo Tonietto told Calciomercato.it.

“His preference is certainly Milan. Only the Rossoneri directors can decide to sell the player.

“The stories that circulated are just journalistic speculation that came out to fill the newspapers when there isn’t anything else to write about.”

thats refreshing to hear and im relieved a bit... lol and so happy to hear from his agent that thiago is very happy at our club...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 May 2012, 04:25

i read somewhere that thiago silva wife supports ac milan? or something like that.l..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 May 2012, 04:26

“It was my wife who said no to Madrid,” Thiago Silva told Corriere dello Sport.

“She prefers Milan to Madrid. I like Milan too and so does my son.

“There were other opportunities. Before Milan, Inter got in touch, but then I never heard from anyone and so I joined Milan.”

Having committed to Milan, he now hopes to spend the rest of his career at the club.

“I hope to stay as long as possible. I would have no problems playing until I am 40 like Maldini. I owe plenty to [Paolo] Maldini and Sandro [Nesta]. They have been exceptional with me. Playing with Nesta makes me better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Wed 23 May 2012, 04:49

Thiago Silva will never leave Milan unless the management decides to release him. He realized what Sandro and Paolo did for his career and he seems like the guy to not take that for granted. Absolutely adore this player and if he leaves I will be heart broken Sad
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed 23 May 2012, 19:03

Silva's wife Mad
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Wed 23 May 2012, 21:37

The Barcelona and Madrid guys don't realise that Silvio has net worth (assets minus liabilities) of about 6 billion USD. On a whim he could decide to buy any player he wants then he could decide to give Milan a Mediaset sponsorship of whatever he spent to cover the FFP. He is getting old enough to decide that he can't take his money with him so why not spend on the club.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed 23 May 2012, 22:39

leemhuis wrote:The Barcelona and Madrid guys don't realise that Silvio has net worth (assets minus liabilities) of about 6 billion USD. On a whim he could decide to buy any player he wants then he could decide to give Milan a Mediaset sponsorship of whatever he spent to cover the FFP. He is getting old enough to decide that he can't take his money with him so why not spend on the club.

That's why he is signing Bakaye Traore and Montolivo on free, that's right, facts actually support your theory Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Thu 24 May 2012, 01:37

Mr Nick09 wrote:
leemhuis wrote:The Barcelona and Madrid guys don't realise that Silvio has net worth (assets minus liabilities) of about 6 billion USD. On a whim he could decide to buy any player he wants then he could decide to give Milan a Mediaset sponsorship of whatever he spent to cover the FFP. He is getting old enough to decide that he can't take his money with him so why not spend on the club.

That's why he is signing Bakaye Traore and Montolivo on free, that's right, facts actually support your theory Laughing
He is just very cheap :coffee:
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Thu 24 May 2012, 05:13

That's great and all that he has a net worth of 6 billion USD but that is completely irrelevant considering the man is known for being cheap, as a Barcelona fan Silva would be amazing but if it means the guy is unhappy rather him stay in Milan.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu 24 May 2012, 14:36

Logic says , Berlusconi is unwilling to splash the cash anymore , after he has done that more than 2 decades now , since his 1st day as owner of Milan .

In addition , when prime minister of Italia these last 2 years , he kept preaching to the Italian people about the economic crisis and that serious measures must be taken to survive these difficult times e.t.c :coffee:
If he begun spending millions soon after he left politics by the back door , with Milan , this would ruin his image even more. No politician , even former ones , would want/do that.

Not to mention , now that we are already in the FFP , Milan cannot depend on Berlusconi's money anymore. If we did , we would be in serious trouble in 2013-2014 , because it's then when Uefa will ask the accounts to be checked and will include the season of 2011-2012 and afterwards .

Best thing Berlusconi can do now , is cover the loses , which he already did if my memory doesn't deceive me and that was certainly not the 1st time he does that , or the last one.. It's not a coincedence since 08-09 Berlusconi kept talking about how Milan must depend on the money they make & stuff e.t.c :coffee:
He saw it coming.

Some people should open their eyes and see that since 2009 , minus Ibrahimovic , we act according to the FFP as if it was already active.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by milanmaldini Thu 24 May 2012, 16:53

Dante13 wrote:Logic says , Berlusconi is unwilling to splash the cash anymore , after he has done that more than 2 decades now , since his 1st day as owner of Milan .

In addition , when prime minister of Italia these last 2 years , he kept preaching to the Italian people about the economic crisis and that serious measures must be taken to survive these difficult times e.t.c :coffee:
If he begun spending millions soon after he left politics by the back door , with Milan , this would ruin his image even more. No politician , even former ones , would want/do that.

Not to mention , now that we are already in the FFP , Milan cannot depend on Berlusconi's money anymore. If we did , we would be in serious trouble in 2013-2014 , because it's then when Uefa will ask the accounts to be checked and will include the season of 2011-2012 and afterwards .

Best thing Berlusconi can do now , is cover the loses , which he already did if my memory doesn't deceive me and that was certainly not the 1st time he does that , or the last one.. It's not a coincedence since 08-09 Berlusconi kept talking about how Milan must depend on the money they make & stuff e.t.c :coffee:
He saw it coming.

Some people should open their eyes and see that since 2009 , minus Ibrahimovic , we act according to the FFP as if it was already active.

I completely agree Dante. I don't think any fan wants us to sell Silva (he's the best CB in the world for sure) but I just don't understand how many people on the forums think there is no way we will sell him. Maybe they are just saying that to calm their own nerves about the chances of losing him. I can easily see us selling Silva for anywhere from 30-50 million and possibly another player in return for Silva. Also i think our link to Vertonghen is not to replace Nesta. Unfortunately I believe we will only bid for Vertonghen if we sell Silva. I just want to make it clear that I do not want to sell Silva I'm just sharing my gut feeling. I only wish for a Silva Vertonghen CB pairing. The only way i would want to sell SIlva is for 60 mil plus Balotelli, but i think that is unrealistic.

milanmaldini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu 24 May 2012, 19:05

milanmaldini wrote:

I completely agree Dante. I don't think any fan wants us to sell Silva (he's the best CB in the world for sure) but I just don't understand how many people on the forums think there is no way we will sell him. Maybe they are just saying that to calm their own nerves about the chances of losing him. I can easily see us selling Silva for anywhere from 30-50 million and possibly another player in return for Silva. Also i think our link to Vertonghen is not to replace Nesta. Unfortunately I believe we will only bid for Vertonghen if we sell Silva. I just want to make it clear that I do not want to sell Silva I'm just sharing my gut feeling. I only wish for a Silva Vertonghen CB pairing. The only way i would want to sell SIlva is for 60 mil plus Balotelli, but i think that is unrealistic.

What i said is irrelevant to Thiagod Silva . He won't leave Milan anyway. I said what i said about Berlusconi so some guys here think twice about what they expect from Berlusconi. He may have money , but not for transfers anymore , unless Milan can find a loophole within the FFP to introduce them by the back door .

Now , as of Thiagod ;

Silva is Nesta's replacement , i've said this many times , even himself said it recently . He will organise and be the orchistrator of our defence like Sandro did . He's has been tutored by Maldini & Nesta and that makes him the only player in the world to replace Nesta and lead our defence.

We can't lose such a world class defender for any price in the world and i am happy that Galliani already declared he will refuse any offers made .

And that is half of our transfer market , because without Silva , we cannot expect to win anything .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 24 May 2012, 20:53

didnt he use the same strategy to sell Kaka? said he wouldnt sell to get the biggest offer possible?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu 24 May 2012, 21:40

Mr Nick09 wrote:didnt he use the same strategy to sell Kaka? said he wouldnt sell to get the biggest offer possible?
we sold Kaka to get out of debt and balance our books.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu 24 May 2012, 21:51

Milantildeath wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:didnt he use the same strategy to sell Kaka? said he wouldnt sell to get the biggest offer possible?
and our books are still messed up lol
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu 24 May 2012, 22:09

It was different with Kaka , Nick. Kaka wanted to leave Milan after Berlusconi & Galliani didn't actually refuse City's offer & Kaka didn't like that at all. But again , it was on him to decide in the end .
Milan didn't agree anything otherwise he would be a City player . When Real made the offer , Kaka was once again informed about it and he accepted it , it's all lies that Kaka didn't want to leave , but we sold him to balance the books . Books are still unbalanced Laughing

It's just the fact that Galliani & Perez being friends made the headlines that Milan were working on his sale , when in reality , Milan's policy has always been crystal clear on such things.

When an offer comes and a player wants to leave Milan , he will leave , it happened with Shevchenko as well..
When a player wants to stay , he stays as it happened with Kaka-City in January 2009 or with Pato-PSG in January 2012 .. Pato refused to leave and negotiations fell through .

Thiago Silva doesn't want to leave Milan and Galliani want him to stay anyway .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 24 May 2012, 22:28

Wasnt Berlu (and/or daughter) who stopped Pato from leaving?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Thu 24 May 2012, 22:48

Yes Berlusconi stepped in on the PAto to PSG deal.

"I decided to keep Pato because I consider him a player of great talent,” revealed Milan’s patron Silvio Berlusconi on Saturday. “I was not convinced by the whole operation, not from a tactical stand-point nor an economic one. It is a decision that I made autonomously. I am convinced this was the best thing for Milan.”
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Thu 24 May 2012, 23:02

Ganso wrote:
Milantildeath wrote:
and our books are still messed up lol

We're actually in debt even more now...

Kaka's sale REALLY helped us.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu 24 May 2012, 23:40

I literally cannot count the amount of times Milan have said "... won't leave" or "won't be sold" and that player hasn't left.

Again, just because Kaka left, it doesn't mean this is the exact same situation for Silva.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 24 May 2012, 23:48

there is only a similarity here because Silva can commend above 40M if he is transferred. The same cant be said about many of your players, surely.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu 24 May 2012, 23:51

Then why aren't we talking about Pato?

Galliani said Pato won't leave and we all know PSG are ready to put in a huge bid for him.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu 24 May 2012, 23:52

Sounds pretty similar to me
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next