MJ
Raptorgunner
Jay29
Sina
Sri
61 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by lenear1030 Tue May 29, 2012 5:36 pm

we wont sign anyone else until after euros and/or the RvP situation is settled. This will drag on for a very long time. Remember, it's Arsenal. We rarely have a sense of urgency in transfer windows.

lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 29, 2012 5:40 pm

lenear1030 wrote:we wont sign anyone else until after euros and/or the RvP situation is settled. This will drag on for a very long time. Remember, it's Arsenal. We rarely have a sense of urgency in transfer windows.

If the Arsenal board and Wenger really want to win the EPL next year they will bid 40m for Gotze and bring him to Arsenal. KAKA would not be a bad choice either.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 29, 2012 5:41 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Former Arsenal midfielder Stewart Robson has slaughtered Theo Walcott.

Robson branded Walcott a "liability" on talkSPORT.

“It wouldn’t worry me if Theo Walcott were to leave tomorrow,” said Robson in reaction to reports Walcott is seeking a pay-rise.

“Theo Walcott, for me, is not a good footballer. He is an athlete who puts on a pair of football boots.

"He is quick, he is fast, but when he was younger he should have been taught how to be better technically, how to find space, how to find awareness. He has never done that and he is a liability when he is defending.

“For Theo Walcott to want more money, I would let him go.”
Shocked

Someone needs to tell him Walcott had better year than Bale, Nani, or any other Winger in EPL.

Dont worry its Stewart Robson he's a complete and utter buffoon......

During the France v Iceland game he said 3 of the stupidiest things i have ever heard.....

1. He said France wont be able to break down England they are not good enough

2. Ben Arfa is merely a counter attack player and cant break down deep defenses

3. Cabaye didnt effect the game against Iceland so i cant see him doing so against England..... Well of course he didnt effect the game he was the sole midfielder protecting the back 4 his job was to help out the defence not effect the game you f*cking fool.

Thats like saying Makelele is crap because he never scores ffs Laughing :facepalm:

Also no way in hell Montpellier would accept 8.5m plus Chamakh for Giroud thats basically 8.5m as Chamakh is useless and that nowhere near what someone of Giroud's quality would require.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Tue May 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:we wont sign anyone else until after euros and/or the RvP situation is settled. This will drag on for a very long time. Remember, it's Arsenal. We rarely have a sense of urgency in transfer windows.

If the Arsenal board and Wenger really want to win the EPL next year they will bid 40m for Gotze and bring him to Arsenal. KAKA would not be a bad choice either.

I would love Gotze, but I doubt he's going anywhere after he signed a new contract. No way BvB sells both Kagawa and Gotze.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 29, 2012 5:47 pm

Arsenal need to stop being cheap and go out and spend the rich owners money.

Tired of small club mentality, we have not won shit, and the other big clubs spending go out and bring in some big name players.

We are competing with QPR to sign De Jong. :facepalm:

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue May 29, 2012 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 29, 2012 5:48 pm

dmize wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

I would love Gotze, but I doubt he's going anywhere after he signed a new contract. No way BvB sells both Kagawa and Gotze.

I know they wont but money talks man, 40m Gotze will be Arsenal player tomorrow.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue May 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Thought we learned from the cesc saga.... but no not arsenal. Ask i don't want de Kong... he is kinda like the enforcers we already have in song.... well minus the assists and the goals. The only de jong i would go for is Luke ..
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 29, 2012 6:11 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Thought we learned from the cesc saga.... but no not arsenal. Ask i don't want de Kong... he is kinda like the enforcers we already have in song.... well minus the assists and the goals. The only de jong i would go for is Luke ..

*bleep* Donkey Kong I dont want him at Arsenal.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 29, 2012 6:11 pm

It's not about being cheap, it's about buying the players you can actually afford. If the club goes and gets Goetze for £40mil or whatever, that's the only signing the club will make that year. That's an entire budget - transfer fee, wages, signing on fee, bonuses, agent fee - on one player.

We go through this every single transfer window. Use your common sense. You cannot sit there and say we need three of four players to get back to our previous level and then demmand that the club spend its entire transfer budget on one player.

You know what else that budget is used for? Extending player contracts i.e. Song, Walcott and van Persie. The inevitable wage increases they would receive if they extended would make the budget smaller.

Then there's the issue of selling players we don't need to create room in the squad and wage bill to sign new players. It wouldn't be good if the club ended up in a position where they have to leave a player who is on £50k p/w out the squad, sucking up the club's resources whilst not being able to play even if we wanted him to.

I know I sound like a broken record, becasue I say this every time, but transfers are not simple. They are not easy, esepcially when the majority of the club's targets are focusing on playing in the Euros and all want to wait until after the tournament to sort out their futures. It is unreasonable to expect Arsenal to go straight in and sign three or four players before the Euros even begin, so I feel the criticsm of Arsenal being too slow is very unfair.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue May 29, 2012 6:16 pm

If we wait until after RVP is settled to strengthen then it will be just like last year and we will be rushing to replace him as the window is closing.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue May 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Absolutely hate the summer transfer period
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue May 29, 2012 6:34 pm

I don't think any one in here expects us to buy any of the wc names that have been linked with us.we are dealing with the anxiety of having to cope with other teams( who are already stronger than us) add more to their arsenal while we are lagging behind. At this point we are not asking for a squad
d that will shadow our rivals... i think that ship sailed 3 years back . A as things stand we do have a decent squad but2 other reasonable signing is all that we want.
Now i know the public is not exposed to all the business that goes down behind the screen, but is serial discouraging to see us having to go through the same problems) spending majority of thesummer convincing our want away players to stay.
... leavIng only weeks to sign other players.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue May 29, 2012 6:39 pm

6unner wrote:

If we wait until after RVP is settled to strengthen then it will be just like last year and we will be rushing to replace him as the window is closing.

I know. But that's if we can't keep him for some reason...
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue May 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
Former Arsenal midfielder Stewart Robson has slaughtered Theo Walcott.

Robson branded Walcott a "liability" on talkSPORT.

“It wouldn’t worry me if Theo Walcott were to leave tomorrow,” said Robson in reaction to reports Walcott is seeking a pay-rise.

“Theo Walcott, for me, is not a good footballer. He is an athlete who puts on a pair of football boots.

"He is quick, he is fast, but when he was younger he should have been taught how to be better technically, how to find space, how to find awareness. He has never done that and he is a liability when he is defending.

“For Theo Walcott to want more money, I would let him go.”
Shocked

Someone needs to tell him Walcott had better year than Bale, Nani, or any other Winger in EPL.

Also no way in hell Montpellier would accept 8.5m plus Chamakh for Giroud thats basically 8.5m as Chamakh is useless and that nowhere near what someone of Giroud's quality would require.

Absolute rubbish. Chamakh isn't useless and if you think so then Laughing

Playing backup to the best striker in the Premier League doesn't exactly spark or ignite confidence in a player who had been used to a starting spot and bagging goals the year before. If you honestly believe that Chamakh can't regain form with regular starting time then once again, Laughing

Last edited by MJGunner on Tue May 29, 2012 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 29, 2012 6:45 pm

How long can we go on with only 40m for buying players and new contract, its embarrassing really, we have 2 billionaire owners who have yet to invest any money in to our club.

The board needs to spend some *bleep* money for once, is not like they wont get it back from high ticket prices.

No player really wants to come to Arsenal and our big name players want to leave.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue May 29, 2012 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 29, 2012 6:46 pm

We're not lagging behind, though. At least, not yet we aren't. Chelsea have signed Hazard, which of course makes them a stronger team, but they still have to sign two or three more players to truly reconstruct their attack. Not to mention they still have their managerial situation to sort out.

We've signed Podolski, which is a step in the right direction. We need to convince players to stay, yes, but I don't see things as all doom and gloom right now. Not when only three clubs have done any sort of business (us signing Podolski, Chelsea signing Marin and Hazard, United inevitably signing Kagawa) so far.

It's not even June yet. The Euros haven't even started. There's still a lot of time left before the new season starts.

I don't buy into the argument of "we don't want us to buy the world class names" because it's bollocks. I see and hear it everywhere; in other forums, in newspapers, my friends and my family. They all want the club to spend big. They expect the club to spend big, just because the rivals are spending big.

You want reasonable signings? Well, that's what the club is trying to do, isn't it? Just be patient. Stop buying into all the rumours and stories from unreliable sources and the so-called "ITKs" on Twitter. It'll help a lot.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:How long can we go on with only 40m for buying players and new contract, its embarrassing really, we have 2 billionaire owners who have yet to invest any money in to our club.

The board needs to spend some *bleep* money for once, is not like they wont get it back from high ticket prices.

No player really wants to come to Arsenal and our big name players want to leave.

The income from ticket sales hardly cover the club's expenditure. The reason why the club makes profit is because it sells its players for big money and spends moderate amounts on new players. The one time this didn't happen, the club made a small loss.

You think having £50mil to spend is embarrassing? Sure, it pales in comparison to Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea but it's still bigger than the other teams in the Premier League and several other clubs in Europe. Hundres of clubs would beg to have a budget that big to spend on players.

You need to deal with the fact that we're a self-sustaining club that has to deal with all the restrictions that entails, and the fact we have an owner who advocates that philosphy. People may not like it, but those are the facts.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue May 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Jay, queller of complaints and crusher of dreams The Official Arsenal Summer Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 15 1499845164
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Tue May 29, 2012 7:00 pm

i had enough of this.. stop being the boards pet.. thats ALL.. signing do matter
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue May 29, 2012 7:02 pm

MJ Chamakh has never been a good striker look at his record for Bordeaux if you dont believe me.....

He has always been average at best even before he joined Arsenal.....

It has nothing to do with confidence he is just average, scoring 64 goals in 10 years should tell you that.....

Sure i'll wait for him to perform when he leaves Arsenal but it wont happen... theres a reason i said in the old goal.com forums i said he wouldnt even score 10 league goals for Arsenal and guess what he still has'nt.

Unfortunatly for Chamakh scoring 5 goals in 9 cl games one season overhyped him to ridiculous levels but the fact remains as it did at Bordeaux is.... he's average at best.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Tue May 29, 2012 7:03 pm

arsenal fans dont dare dream.. no ambition... nothing... you need to win something the first thing you need is ambition.... arsenal need to show ambition... i dont want kids i dont wants developing players.. i need ready made material.

thats wht differenteasts arsenal from united, chelsea, city, real madrid, totemham, barcelona

arsenals fans are afraid to dream so are the players
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 29, 2012 7:22 pm

usman111 wrote:arsenal fans dont dare dream.. no ambition... nothing... you need to win something the first thing you need is ambition.... arsenal need to show ambition... i dont want kids i dont wants developing players.. i need ready made material.

thats wht differenteasts arsenal from united, chelsea, city, real madrid, totemham, barcelona

Which is why, of course, Chelsea have signed a 21 year old, who, while very good, is still developing and a 23 year old who, while also good, is also still developing.

By contrast, Arsenal have signed a 27 year old with 96 caps for his country, a 29 year old with over 200 appearances in the Premier League, another 27 year old with 80 or so caps for his country, the captain of a national team, another experienced international...

But I suppose those guys aren't "ready made material".

It's quite funny to me that people demmand ready made players, but clamour around promising starlets and players who have only experienced one or two years at a decent level.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 29, 2012 7:34 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
usman111 wrote:arsenal fans dont dare dream.. no ambition... nothing... you need to win something the first thing you need is ambition.... arsenal need to show ambition... i dont want kids i dont wants developing players.. i need ready made material.

Which is why, of course, Chelsea have signed a 21 year old, who, while very good, is still developing and a 23 year old who, while also good, is also still developing.

By contrast, Arsenal have signed a 27 year old with 96 caps for his country, a 29 year old with over 200 appearances in the Premier League, another 27 year old with 80 or so caps for his country, the captain of a national team, another experienced international...

It's quite funny to me that people demmand ready made players, but clamour around promising starlets and players who have only experienced one or two years at a decent level.

Jay the only other club in EPL is bigger than us is Man u and they spend every year big why? cus they win trophies and players would die to go to Man u.

But the way the club is managed you are right we should be happy that we are beating teams like spurs, Everton and Fulham. From being one of the greatest team in the world to being happy we are doing better than mid table clubs.

What are we offering players that we want to sign? nothing really, other than fighting for top4, and if good money comes we will sell them. Our own captain does not want to be at the club anymore unless we show ambitions.

We are a money making machine club and we can compete with any club in the world if we want too.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue May 29, 2012 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 29, 2012 7:51 pm

Jay the only other club in EPL is bigger than us is Man u and they spend every year big why? cus they win trophies and players would die to go to Man u.

It also helps having several very lucrative commercial deals to bolster the coffers, which we don't have at this moment in time.

But the way the club is managed you are right we should be happy that we are beating teams like spurs, Everton and Fulham. From being one of the greatest team in the world to being happy we are doing better than mid table clubs.

Who said anything about being happy because we're doing better than Spurs, Everton and Fulham?

We've gone over this so many times. Self-sustainability does not mean we don't want to get back to our previous level. It does not mean we lack ambition. It does not mean we want to stay in our current position.

You, like a lot of fans, continually confuse what the club can do with what it wants to do. You regularly come to the conclusion that because the club can't spend as much as its rival, it must that they don't want to do it. Which is obviously not true, otherwise we wouldn't bother trying to sign good players at all. We'd just drop down to mid-table and stay there.

What are we offering players that we want to sign? nothing really other than fighting for top4 and if good money comes we will sell them. Our own captain does not want to be at the club anymore unless we show ambitions.

An opportunity to play in the Premier League. An opportunity to play for a club with a lot of hisotry. An opportunity to compete at a high level dometically and in Europe. Better wages.

Winning trophies is not the sole requirement for signing good players, or keeping good players.

We are a money making machine club and we can compete with any club in the world if we want too.

If we could do that, then why haven't we? The answer is we can't. It's as simple as that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Tue May 29, 2012 8:03 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh just look at last season how the mature players contributed to our season.

big clubs build their teams around seasoned professionals, they dont gamble on unknowns........................

DO YOU SIT ON ARSENAL BOARD OR DO YOU HAVE ANY FINANCIAL INTERESTS IN ARSENAL ???

i think you do BECAUSE YOU THINK MORE LIKE A BANKER AND LESS LIKE A FAN.. YOU ARE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT LOSS THEN HAPPINESS WHEN WE SIGN SOME ONE LIKE KAKA, BENZEMA, SOME OTHER GREAT PLAYER.. YOU ARE SO HOPELESS............................................................................................................................................

fans WANT trophies and trophies need big players..

Arsenal need to show ambition this summer.................... i dont mean go and spend 40mil on one player....i need players like ones which rvp will stay along and they bring with them the ambition to drive the team forward win trophies...
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 29, 2012 8:06 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

It also helps having several very lucrative commercial deals to bolster the coffers, which we don't have at this moment in time.

Who said anything about being happy because we're doing better than Spurs, Everton and Fulham?

We've gone over this so many times. Self-sustainability does not mean we don't want to get back to our previous level. It does not mean we lack ambition. It does not mean we want to stay in our current position.

You, like a lot of fans, continually confuse what the club can do with what it wants to do. You regularly come to the conclusion that because the club can't spend as much as its rival, it must that they don't want to do it. Which is obviously not true, otherwise we wouldn't bother trying to sign good players at all. We'd just drop down to mid-table and stay there.

What are we offering players that we want to sign? nothing really other than fighting for top4 and if good money comes we will sell them. Our own captain does not want to be at the club anymore unless we show ambitions.

An opportunity to play in the Premier League. An opportunity to play for a club with a lot of hisotry. An opportunity to compete at a high level dometically and in Europe. Better wages.

Winning trophies is not the sole requirement for signing good players, or keeping good players.

If we could do that, then why haven't we? The answer is we can't. It's as simple as that.

I see what you saying and I do agree with you on everything other than not being able to spend, we have one owner who is richer that Chelsea owner and the other is close enouph. So why cant we compete with big spenders?

We are not asking for much all we want is 2 or 3 quality players.

Hazard went to Chelsea becsue he knows they will sign players and they will compete for the biggest prize in football, more players will follow Hazard to Chelsea.

Just so you know I never really cared about Hazard and I would take Podolski over him any day and I know Oxlade will be as Hazard.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue May 29, 2012 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next