Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans)

+99
Vlad the Impaler
chad4401
Collblanc
TheRedStag
barca 2011
Gomez83
SaintJoe
aleumdance
Cassius
boss
♠Ace
Brady2Moss
Abramovich
ronalessi
matpol
Jack Daniels
Cotes
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
FalcaoPunch
white_star
Doc
vivabarca38
V
billy_gr
ToEy
S
McLewis
Albiceleste
nandrolona
Jeps33178
juventus101
Swanhends
ELO
Mr. Festim
Yuri Yukuv
kiranr
EarlyPrototype
Mr_Puyol
halamadrid2
johndear
Red Alert
punkfusion1992
Milan31
Pedram
LeSwagg James
Seppuku
la bestia negra
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
Margera
Tigole
RED
Arquitecto
VanDeezNuts
Aensensen
che
hrealmadrid
BAYERN_MUNICH
Mamad
RealGunner
REWB
manlio
H.A.
Omniscient
S32TABLANCA
Funkentelechy
Die Borussen
Tomwin Lannister
Babun
ioilersrock448
Adit
Onyx
Bellabong
Le Samourai
Sushi Master
guest7
stunt
BarcaLearning
StevieRayVaughan
Rebaño Sagrado
phenom
Grande_Milano
VivaStPauli
The Madrid One
McAgger
Lord Awesome
rwo power
free_cat
LeVersacci
paperbackwriter
Zealous
zarola
huntsman
the xcx
Lord Hades
Mr Nick09
izzy
The Messiah
103 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans) - Page 36 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans)

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:08 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:He's half-right though. A 2-1 in Munich is just as good as a draw, there's a very decent chance with most winning scorelines to see Real Madrid through, 1-0, any 2 goal lead, which is totally achievable in a home match...

There's a reason teams in both UCL and EL are usually happy with a 2-1 away loss, it's just not a huge hit to their chances, other than that they can't play for a draw, though Bayern was never gonna sit back and wait for opportunities to counter anyway, they'll want to run the show.

Freakishly good...would you use those terms?

I agree more or less with everything you said, but as I said...."freakishly good"

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans) - Page 36 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans)

Post by Bellabong Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:16 pm

The reason Mourinho didn't go ballistic over the goal is that he's far more concerned about deeper and more fundamental problems, such as defensive vulnerabilities in every position except Pepe, inability to deal with aerial balls....
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Can anyone explain why Madrid seem so bad at set piece defending?

Ramos, Pepe, Khedira and Cristiano are monsters in the air.

Even Alonso is decent.

They just seem incapable of tracking runners consistently.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:32 pm

Surprisingly it was Soeness who said that they seem to be more focused on stopping their man from getting the ball than attacking the ball, or open areas where the ball can be passed to - so Alonso, Ramos and Pepe should've stopped that ball from reaching Gomez if they had attacked it, same with Di Maria being inattentive during the 1st goal corner he switched off, Ramos did what he could but Ribéry got into that open space faster. Gomez got multiple chances because he simply bullied Ramos most of the second half.

Last edited by Phritz on Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:47 pm

I would defer to Soeness' opinion on that way one then, I think he really understands the game.

Whatever the reason, its surprising how much they seem to struggle.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:52 pm

The Franchise wrote:Can anyone explain why Madrid seem so bad at set piece defending?

Ramos, Pepe, Khedira and Cristiano are monsters in the air.

Even Alonso is decent.

They just seem incapable of tracking runners consistently.

exactly , just doesnt make any sense at all

btw i bet barca ( who have much smaller players in terms of height) have been far better in set pieces , how many must they have conceded overall ?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:54 pm

It would be intresting to compare this season.

I believe we have let in less goals in set peices/corners too.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:59 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:
Swagg wrote:A lot is riding on El Clasico.. If we get fxcked on the weekend the second leg could very well be over b4 it starts

The El Clasico, or as someone so eloquently put it earlier, the "BEAT-DOWN", is already a for-gone conclusion. Do you seriously think Madrid have any hope of holding back the mighty Catalans in their own backyard? C'mon buddy, get real.. Madrid is just fodder to Barca. Laughing

should i remind you what happened the last time we met at the camp mou?
Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:01 pm

Set-piece defending has been a problem since Pellegrini
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:11 pm

The black beast did well and the scoreline is completely deserved. I am not sure about our chances in Madrid and I will not give out any predictions.

I would also like to thank the bayern fans as well as german non bayern fans on this forum (and my fellow madridistas ofcourse), you have been great sports and this might just be the best, most cool headed and constructive thread we have had about a big game.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Yeah, it has been pretty cordial stuff so far. Still confident Real Madrid would be in the final but I honestly wouldn't feel be all that upset if Bayern actually go through. Their first leg victory was deserved but thank goodness we scored that away goal...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:22 pm

Doc wrote:Yeah, it has been pretty cordial stuff so far. Still confident Real Madrid would be in the final but I honestly wouldn't feel be all that upset if Bayern actually go through. Their first leg victory was deserved but thank goodness we scored that away goal...

To tell you the truth I wouldnt mind either qualifying although I would love the decima. Both teams have the best chances to win against barca in an allianz arena final. If Real wins against barca in the clasico and then gets eliminated in madrid against bayern while bayern proceeds to lose against barca in the final I will be heart broken.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Well, *if* Bayern get to the final, they will certainly try to move heaven and hell that they will win the thing in the end. And I think they probably would have a good chance as it is played at the Allianz Arena.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:To tell you the truth I wouldnt mind either qualifying although I would love the decima. Both teams have the best chances to win against barca in an allianz arena final. If Real wins against barca in the clasico and then gets eliminated in madrid against bayern while bayern proceeds to lose against barca in the final I will be heart broken.

Sounds like a scenario that would make angels weep and Messi switch to McDonalds. I really would love La Decima this year, just to get that damn monkey of the club's back and to rub it in those stinky Barsa fans (Real Madrid propaganda machine FTW). But the way we defended yesterday wasn't UCL champions quality and unless by some miracle we can improve for the 2nd leg in that department, then we just might have to wait till next year all over again...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:45 pm

well personally i would be crushed if we dont make it past the semis ( not because bayern are bad or anything which they obviously arent , but i really want is to win la decima) .. but in that case despite the doom n gloom ,if bayern do progress at the bernabeu, it would be fully deserved

that being said, 90 minutes of hell still left you black beasts
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Yeah, a 2-1 away loss is basically as good as an away draw, Madrid is not out of the running yet, but TBH I'm really rooting for Bayern.

Firstly because I tend to root for German teams, and they got tons of German NT players, whom I almost all love, but mostly because I think Bayern got the best chance to beat beat Barca. Not because they're better than Madrid, but because Bayern at the Allianz Arena is... Something else.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:58 pm

no team has played a CL final in their home stadium have they? i remember commentators talking about it when the final was in madrid and speculating if madrid were to be in the final..

saw how that turned out.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:23 pm

The Franchise wrote:It would be intresting to compare this season.

I believe we have let in less goals in set peices/corners too.

Thats real credit to our team. Able to work on our obvious weakness and improve so much on it. Just makes u love them more Laughing We still got height with a few players + Puyol, although Abidal is a loss, overall we would struggle at times but our players's positioning and determination to win balls is the key.

Although I wouldnt say Real are weak in set pieces....maybe they should be even better at it though, but ugot players like Ronaldo who dont usually bother to really defend eco smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:39 pm

Right now, Bayern are favourites. They are ahead, hence they are favourites, obviously. However, all it takes is one early goal and suddenly we're winning the tie.

A true Madrid fan cant possibly say I dont mind if we go out in the semis of the CL, I mean I like Bayern and they deserved a win, but how can you say that :facepalm:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:43 pm

rwo power wrote:Well, *if* Bayern get to the final, they will certainly try to move heaven and hell that they will win the thing in the end. And I think they probably would have a good chance as it is played at the Allianz Arena.

Never! Bayern will be chasing shadows all night against Barca, if they play the same way they did against Madrid. No offence to Bayern Munich, but their defence is a joke. Those clowns were running all over the place
like headless chickens for the first goal.

My reaction for Madrid first goal:

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans) - Page 36 JagsFanWTF

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:Never! Bayern will be chasing shadows all night against Barca, if they play the same way they did against Madrid. No offence to Bayern Munich, but their defence is a joke. Those clowns were running all over the place

Bayern joke defence still conceded less goals than Barca while having less possession :vagi:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:04 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:Never! Bayern will be chasing shadows all night against Barca, if they play the same way they did against Madrid. No offence to Bayern Munich, but their defence is a joke. Those clowns were running all over the place

Bayern joke defence still conceded less goals than Barca while having less possession :vagi:

Stats are like mini-skirts, they hide more than they reveal. Wink

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:06 pm

^^Bayern's defense should be seriously rated now.It could possibly become a world class back four in the years to come.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:11 pm

Let Real have maybe 2 proper attempts on goal in 93 minutes.
Is still considered shit.

Poor Bayern defence. :vagi:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:25 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Let Real have maybe 2 proper attempts on goal in 93 minutes.
Is still considered shit.

Poor Bayern defence. :vagi:

That does not mean anything to be honest. Hell, even world class attacking sides like Arsenal, AC Milan, Man U, Madrid etc were reduced to one/two shots attempts at goal by a make-shift Barca defence.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:28 pm

Bayern have a good defence, but I felt we could have done a better job attacking.

In any case the first leg sets up the second leg very nicely. Both teams still very much in it. Madrid don't exactly need a miracle to win the tie and Bayern now have options to work with coming into the game which will make the tactical battle interesting.

Can't wait.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next