Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans)

+99
Vlad the Impaler
chad4401
Collblanc
TheRedStag
barca 2011
Gomez83
SaintJoe
aleumdance
Cassius
boss
♠Ace
Brady2Moss
Abramovich
ronalessi
matpol
Jack Daniels
Cotes
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
FalcaoPunch
white_star
Doc
vivabarca38
V
billy_gr
ToEy
S
McLewis
Albiceleste
nandrolona
Jeps33178
juventus101
Swanhends
ELO
Mr. Festim
Yuri Yukuv
kiranr
EarlyPrototype
Mr_Puyol
halamadrid2
johndear
Red Alert
punkfusion1992
Milan31
Pedram
LeSwagg James
Seppuku
la bestia negra
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
Margera
Tigole
RED
Arquitecto
VanDeezNuts
Aensensen
che
hrealmadrid
BAYERN_MUNICH
Mamad
RealGunner
REWB
manlio
H.A.
Omniscient
S32TABLANCA
Funkentelechy
Die Borussen
Tomwin Lannister
Babun
ioilersrock448
Adit
Onyx
Bellabong
Le Samourai
Sushi Master
guest7
stunt
BarcaLearning
StevieRayVaughan
Rebaño Sagrado
phenom
Grande_Milano
VivaStPauli
The Madrid One
McAgger
Lord Awesome
rwo power
free_cat
LeVersacci
paperbackwriter
Zealous
zarola
huntsman
the xcx
Lord Hades
Mr Nick09
izzy
The Messiah
103 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans) - Page 37 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans)

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:28 pm

Bayern have a good defence, but I felt we could have done a better job attacking.

In any case the first leg sets up the second leg very nicely. Both teams still very much in it. Madrid don't exactly need a miracle to win the tie and Bayern now have options to work with coming into the game which will make the tactical battle interesting.

Can't wait.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans) - Page 37 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans)

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Thats because Barca had 70% of the ball lol

Come on man, Bayern clearly have a better defence than they get credit for.

Lahm is rock solid, excellent reader and tackler. The kid at leftback is a force and has great physical tools.

And the two Germans in the middle cover each other well and excell at things the other doesnt.

One of the best, if not the best goalie and Gustavo protects them all very well.

No way is it a poor defence.

Yes, the goal wasnt their best moment but you can show examples like this for every team out there.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Bayern won because of the midfield, not the defence.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:39 pm

I actually don't rate Bayern's Defense higly honestly. Try breaching in the middle. I.E put a fast player or Dribbler and you'll see what I mean.

(Looks at Bad n' stubby's (Badstuber's) nervous face)
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Saetablanca wrote:Bayern won because of the midfield, not the defence.

Bayern won because Mou lost. smoking
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:I actually don't rate Bayern's Defense higly honestly. Try breaching in the middle. I.E put a fast player or Dribbler and you'll see what I mean.

That's what Boateng is there for whos is quite frankly a speed merchant who can defend very well lol.....

Badstuber is a very clean defender who has great positional sense and very good interception skills who commands the penalty box very well who also good at bringing the ball out from the back.....

Neither to me are of WC ability but they are both compliment and fit each other very well and sometimes having two defenders whose ability's compliment each other is better than buying two defender of the highest ability.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:49 pm

The Franchise wrote:Thats because Barca had 70% of the ball lol

Lahm is rock solid, excellent reader and tackler. The kid at leftback is a force and has great physical tools.

And the two Germans in the middle cover each other well and excell at things the other doesnt.

One of the best, if not the best goalie and Gustavo protects them all very well.

Yes, the goal wasnt their best moment but you can show examples like this for every team out there.

Dani thats interesting since I gathered most dont rate Bayern's defense obviously. But last night showing really are changing ppl's mind. Although the midfield I thought helped out well and Lahm who I gathered were average this season turned up and Alaba rising up lately. Although partly due to the midfield 3v2 as well as Real couldnt get anything going apart from Ozil and Di MAria on ocassions, Ronaldo just flopped badly.

Not long ago their LB especially was a joke, probably now they are becoming good and deserves more praise :king:
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:55 pm

The Franchise wrote:Thats because Barca had 70% of the ball lol

You will see what I'm talking about next week. Laughing

Anyway, I hope the Bayern defense prove me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath either.

Last edited by Brady2Moss on Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:56 pm

This thread hit 51 pages pretty quickly. Especially considering these usually die/get locked by the 25th page lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Zealous wrote:This thread hit 51 pages pretty quickly. Especially considering these usually die/get locked by the 25th page lol

It was at around 30 pages before Bayern and Madrid got through lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:04 pm

No Barca helps I think lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:56 pm

bayern won because we out played Madrid.

Badstuber is a good defender but I don't think his positioning is that good, he was nowhere to be found when madrid scored, Boateng had to leave his position and cover for him, anyways like I predicted Oezil was left too alone in that hole, something JH must deal with in the 2nd leg.

Last edited by Idrisozet on Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Before Madrid scored, Badstuber was in the vicinity of the Madrid goal as there was a freekick situation, if my memory doesn't deceive me. Obviously Heynckes wants him to be around in freekick situations (for good reasons, as he is pretty strong in the air, even though he has yet to score still), so it was logical he couldn't be in position for that really fast counter. If you check the situation, Madrid only defended the FK with 6 men, while the other 4 were already positioned well for a fast counter attack. As the FK set-ups are determined by the coach beforehand, you can't fault Badstuber for being where he should be for the FK. It was just bad luck (okay, Schweinsteiger losing the ball at the Madrid box) and Real's well executed turbo-fast counter-attack that Bayern were outplayed there for the goal.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Saetablanca wrote:Bayern won because of the midfield, not the defence.

Yes, but their defence is also good because of their midfield.
When I talk about Bayern defence I don't mean their back-four, I mean the factt that their above-average-but-not-world-class back four is covered very well by their midfield.

Bayern have a well-functioning defensive unit, and if people refuse to see that, they'll... Well, something will happen to them. Can't quite find the word... :vagi:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:I.E put a fast player or Dribbler and you'll see what I mean.

Yes, if you could finally find that one fast dribbler, surely Bayerns defence will collapse. Of course any pub team could defend against scrubs like Cristiano Ronaldo, Di Maria, Özil, Benzema and Higuain. Sluggish, and clumsy, as they are.

Yes you'll probably outdribble either of them in 1on1, but you'll have to get past Piggy and Gustavo before that, and Gomez will probably shove you in the back while Alaba runs at you with max pace, all the while you're trying to navigate the wall of Goodstuber and Boateng, only to have your neat through-ball picked up by Neuer.

Yeah Bayern will probably concede again, might even lose to Real and go out. Still doesn't make the defence bad, unless they lose like 0-4 :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:53 am

The Barca-threads are too angry for my taste, can we get this hug-fest here up and going again? I miss grown-up talks.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:03 am

i think its clear madrid didnt give their all in that game, they werent pressing at least not the way they do against barca at nou camp and the way im expecting them to do this saturday

i think everyone should stop with the it was mou's fault and he lost.. if the outcome was different in the last minutes then no one would have talked about the way he approached the game in the last quarter.. who would have thought coentrao would lose that battle and pepe his..

saying that i believe the 2nd leg at bernabeu madrid will have the upperhand even if they r tired from the el classico they will control the game, dominate possession and miss or score chance after chance
there will be moments were bayern will feel lost i just hope we finish our chances ffs

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:00 pm

free_cat wrote:

Bayern will get smashed. Hope they win, but I can't see it happen with that weak team.

blind hater
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:09 pm

deadrave wrote:i think its clear madrid didnt give their all in that game, they werent pressing at least not the way they do against barca at nou camp and the way im expecting them to do this saturday

I don't necessarily think that's even true. Yes Real looked below their usual best, but, believe me or not, so did Bayern. Bayern usually have far better passing percentages than the mid-70s they had in that match, so I'll be daring and say they neutralized each other, that's why both teams looked below par.

Obviously I probably watch more Bayern than you do, while you'll likely watch more Madrid than I do - but the teams are very similar, not necessarily in playing style, but in the number and types of outlets for attack they have.

I can still see Madrid winning, in fact I expect them to win, I'm pretty sure scoreline, and thus goal difference and/or away goals rule will decide who goes to the final.

Doesn't change my opinion that it's impossible for Madrid to "dominate" the midfielda gainst Madrid though. They might win the midfield-battle, they might win the match, be the better team etc. etc. yadda yadda, you don't dominate possession or boss the midfield over 90 minutes against this Bayern side.

I won't believe it until I see it. Not because Bayern are the better team, but they're certainly the better team if you want to keep possession.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:28 pm

deadrave wrote:i think its clear madrid didnt give their all in that game, they werent pressing at least not the way they do against barca at nou camp and the way im expecting them to do this saturday
Well, it might also be that Bayern just didn't allow them to press? After all, this is a match of two teams of practically the same strength (and please don't talk about "Real is better on paper - that doesn't say anything on the pitch if it goes against a determined and organised opponent. Ask any "big name" NT that got defeated by the German NT along the years).

deadrave wrote:i think everyone should stop with the it was mou's fault and he lost.. if the outcome was different in the last minutes then no one would have talked about the way he approached the game in the last quarter.. who would have thought coentrao would lose that battle and pepe his..
Well, on the other hand that shows one big strength of Bayern - they fight till the very end in matches that count (e.g. if it wasn't for Robben's individual blackouts they could have ended the Dortmund match 2:1 in their favour within the last 5 minutes, too). Moreover, Bayern could easily have been 4:1 or 5:1 up on Tuesday, if Gomez would have converted all of his sitters (or rather 4:2 or 5:2 if Benz would have scored his chance, too).

deadrave wrote:saying that i believe the 2nd leg at bernabeu madrid will have the upperhand even if they r tired from the el classico they will control the game, dominate possession and miss or score chance after chance
Well, you underestimate the fact that Bayern are also a possession side who are used to dominate possession. In the first leg the possession stats were 52.27% to 47.53% in favour to Bayern, so you cannot expect Madrid to be able to hog the ball over most of the match as the Bayern players will have some say in that, too. Moreover, Bayern are also excellent on the counter, so both Real and Bayern actually play to the same strengths. And about the ability of Bayern to miss or score chances, too, not much needs to be said (Gomez :facepalm: at times).

deadrave wrote:there will be moments were bayern will feel lost i just hope we finish our chances ffs
I very much doubt that Bayern will feel lost at any time. They are not cannon fodder and used to play in stadiums that are filled to the brim with hostile fans.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:37 pm

The Bernabeu holds 200 more people than the Signal Iduna Park, though, so you know they won't be used to that kind of crowds Razz
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:39 pm

rwo power wrote:Before Madrid scored, Badstuber was in the vicinity of the Madrid goal as there was a freekick situation, if my memory doesn't deceive me. Obviously Heynckes wants him to be around in freekick situations (for good reasons, as he is pretty strong in the air, even though he has yet to score still), so it was logical he couldn't be in position for that really fast counter. If you check the situation, Madrid only defended the FK with 6 men, while the other 4 were already positioned well for a fast counter attack. As the FK set-ups are determined by the coach beforehand, you can't fault Badstuber for being where he should be for the FK. It was just bad luck (okay, Schweinsteiger losing the ball at the Madrid box) and Real's well executed turbo-fast counter-attack that Bayern were outplayed there for the goal.

Actually, you can considering Badstubers' role for Bayern has been the one to thwart Counter's while staying dynamically deep within FK lines. He was out of position within the Madrid goal and several other times (from Benzema earlier on).

Aside from that he had a clean and efficient game and marked Benzema out. I also liked his tactical foul as it reminded me of Nesta against Barca. Some fouls just have to be made.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Aside from that he had a clean and efficient game and marked Benzema out. I also liked his tactical foul as it reminded me of Nesta against Barca. Some fouls just have to be made.

Agreed. It's a bit dirty, but sometimes it's that or allow a goal. Rather shut up and take the yellow card like a man.

Very smart defender. Still, obviously, lacking experience and his acceleration is crap. Top speed is very good though, and his positioning is brilliant for his age - obviously he's got his flaws.

But on t hat particular counter, I agree with RWO Power - he was clearly in front of goal for the aerial battle, and there was basically no chance in hell of him being back in time.

That being said, none of Bayerns defenders looked great when the Madrid goal happened. But that's what goals usually do. Make defenders look dumb.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:47 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Agreed. It's a bit dirty, but sometimes it's that or allow a goal. Rather shut up and take the yellow card like a man.

Very smart defender. Still, obviously, lacking experience and his acceleration is crap. Top speed is very good though, and his positioning is brilliant for his age - obviously he's got his flaws.

But on t hat particular counter, I agree with RWO Power - he was clearly in front of goal for the aerial battle, and there was basically no chance in hell of him being back in time.

That being said, none of Bayerns defenders looked great when the Madrid goal happened. But that's what goals usually do. Make defenders look dumb.

The counter-attack debate is arguable as even beforehand I was questioning his positioning as it initiated. But I guess I see it differently.

His positioning is his best feat no doubt. Agreed he could have more turning speed but this is why he tends to stay deep when not attacking but its not really a deficiency at all.

He has his fair share of flaws but I'm confident that in time they will fade as his strengths grow. As for the tactical foul, the reason I liked his move so much was once again mentioning Nesta against Barca (Messi), he committed those tactical fouls in the pure reason that Messi would have ripped through the remaining defense. Badstuber proved crucial with his foul on (Benzema, IIRC) as otherwise Madrid surely would have a goal. Wonderfully experienced move from such an inexperienced player. Goodstuber :bow:
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans) - Page 37 7nfp8l35
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:05 pm

The only drawback is that Badstuber now has to be careful for the second leg - on one hand, he can't allow Madrid's attackers to get through, but on the other hand he needs to keep an eye on a possible final, so he can't allow himself to be booked as IMO he is too important to be missing in a final match.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next