Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans)

+99
Vlad the Impaler
chad4401
Collblanc
TheRedStag
barca 2011
Gomez83
SaintJoe
aleumdance
Cassius
boss
♠Ace
Brady2Moss
Abramovich
ronalessi
matpol
Jack Daniels
Cotes
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
FalcaoPunch
white_star
Doc
vivabarca38
V
billy_gr
ToEy
S
McLewis
Albiceleste
nandrolona
Jeps33178
juventus101
Swanhends
ELO
Mr. Festim
Yuri Yukuv
kiranr
EarlyPrototype
Mr_Puyol
halamadrid2
johndear
Red Alert
punkfusion1992
Milan31
Pedram
LeSwagg James
Seppuku
la bestia negra
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
Margera
Tigole
RED
Arquitecto
VanDeezNuts
Aensensen
che
hrealmadrid
BAYERN_MUNICH
Mamad
RealGunner
REWB
manlio
H.A.
Omniscient
S32TABLANCA
Funkentelechy
Die Borussen
Tomwin Lannister
Babun
ioilersrock448
Adit
Onyx
Bellabong
Le Samourai
Sushi Master
guest7
stunt
BarcaLearning
StevieRayVaughan
Rebaño Sagrado
phenom
Grande_Milano
VivaStPauli
The Madrid One
McAgger
Lord Awesome
rwo power
free_cat
LeVersacci
paperbackwriter
Zealous
zarola
huntsman
the xcx
Lord Hades
Mr Nick09
izzy
The Messiah
103 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans) - Page 19 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans)

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:09 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:What Free is saying is right,I mean the team that yesterday defeated Bayern for the fourth time in a row and the Bundesliga champions came last in the weakest group in the Champions league Laughing Laughing Laughing.Robben missed a penalty and a sitter yes,But he was the only one doing something.The rest of the team were standing there doing nothing as Dortmund completly dominated them.

I'm sorry, but I just look at matches much differently. Yes, I saw Robben dribble, or rather try to dribble, he attempted a few shots.

As a German, that's not "doing something" to me, that's "screwing up", I know many people are so used to flair players that they need to see crap like that to actually notice something is happening, but I'd rather have someone quietly dishing out nice passes and marking his assigned zone any day, than have Robben fail at dribbling while looking really pacey.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans) - Page 19 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans)

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:15 pm

lol Beckenbauer:
"Robben would never have taken that penalty if I were the coach, there's an unwritten law in football that says the one who got fouled shouldn't take the penalty. Maybe this rule was changed, or it hasn't reached Netherlands yet"
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:16 pm

LOL Kaiser
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:18 pm

I thought people stopped caring about that unwritten rule at hte end of the 90s?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:26 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:

I'm sorry, but I just look at matches much differently. Yes, I saw Robben dribble, or rather try to dribble, he attempted a few shots.

As a German, that's not "doing something" to me, that's "screwing up", I know many people are so used to flair players that they need to see crap like that to actually notice something is happening, but I'd rather have someone quietly dishing out nice passes and marking his assigned zone any day, than have Robben fail at dribbling while looking really pacey.

That is indeed the proper way to judge players and teams. But, even through my hopelessly crappy stream, i could still make out that Bayern was out of shape a lot during the match in the first half after which i gave up on my stream.

Especially when they were attacking.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:28 pm

It could have been 3-0 for BVB at halftime.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Bayern dominated much of the 2nd half until that goal, though. Robben never looked good, neither did Müller, but Kroos, Gomez, Ribéry and Alaba all had their moments.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:53 pm

Sure they had more time in Dortmund's half but it just didn't seem all that dominant. Don't get me wrong, Bayern pressured Dortmund in the 2nd half but it wasn't all that impressive.

Basically, Dortmund played great throughout the match...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Dortmund deserved the win, and was the better team over 90 minutes, I'm not denying that, I'm just saying that Bayern rand the game from minutes 45 to 75, roughly, so Dortmund were close to losing despite dominating most of the game a couple of times.

And in those minutes where Bayern were good, Robben was still crap.
Not that he's a bad player, I'm just making the point that he had a horrible day.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:12 pm

Robben had a bad game and Dortmunds high pressure defense reaply caused Bayern alot of problems, but other than Suboticslast headerwhich was almost an own goal, Dortmunds defense layed a perfect game. Robben also had an off game.

The way I see it though, isthat Real are going to play against a pissed off Bayern with momentum after Bayern surely crush whoever they play this weekend. Bayern are also gonna solely focus on the CL now most likely. If anything, this is even worse now for Real.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:15 pm

juventus101 wrote:Robben had a bad game and Dortmunds high pressure defense reaply caused Bayern alot of problems, but other than Suboticslast headerwhich was almost an own goal, Dortmunds defense layed a perfect game. Robben also had an off game.

The way I see it though, isthat Real are going to play against a pissed off Bayern with momentum after Bayern surely crush whoever they play this weekend. Bayern are also gonna solely focus on the CL now most likely. If anything, this is even worse now for Real.

Laughing

You are one biased dude. Have you seen Madrid pressing high? They cause Barcelona problems. I don't think Bayern will be able to handle that. The best option for Bayern is to sit back and counter which i dont see them doing sadly. As much as i want Bayern to win, i just can't see it happening.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:22 pm

Lol I am slightly biased admittedly,but not that much that it clouds my judgement. I really do think that this loss was a blessing in disguise. And Dortmunds pressing game yesterday puts any team in the world to shame, even Real, Barca, or my beloved Juve. That was just an incredible defensive display by Dortmund. Theyre not ususlly THAT good. And Bayern on their game can outattack Madrid, and thats what I think theylldo. Reals biggest threat is gonna be quiet thanks to Philipp Lahm, just watch.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:31 pm

You are one of many who are praising Dortmund's defense, so i will take your word for it. You also watch Bayern more than me, so i will watch out for what you say. I do believe Bayern's attack can cause Madrid problems, but i dont know if they will be able to handle the high pressure by Madrid.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:35 pm

The Cris vs Lahm "duel" will be fun to watch.

But more crucially it'll be more interesting to see if Robben will track Marcelo (or Coentrao since Marcelo has a back problem atm). When Ronaldo has support from his fullback he becomes even harder to snuff. Also Cris will likely occupy spaces closer to Badstuber/Boateng than Lahm. Benzema/Higuain/Di Maria will be the ones to take on the full backs.

Anyway I think a Madrid win will depend on their pressing in both games. This team can press, it can press really well when it wants to. We only do it for big games though because it saps our stamina quite a bit.

As for causing our defence problems lol, a lot of teams can say that because we play a somewhat risky game as of late in terms of our high line. The real question will be can your defence handle Madrid's attack. Even Barca can't shut us out any more and we have regularly put two past them in addition to blowing loads of chances.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:42 pm

I won't expect any tactical masterclass from either coach that totally nullifies the other team - they'll try to outscore each other, plain and simple.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:44 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I won't expect any tactical masterclass from either coach that totally nullifies the other team - they'll try to outscore each other, plain and simple.

Pretty much this.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:45 pm

Agreed.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Yea, Dortmunds defense is usually top notch, but yesterday theysteppedit up even more, in what was one of the best defensive displays ive seen in a long time, and yet still, Bayern blew quite a few chances. And Real cant press like that.

Individually, Bayerns defense, besidesLahm, are not big names, but as a unit theyre 2nd best in thr world, only behind Juve. So yes, I think they can handle Madrids attack, but as you said, Madrids risky backline with have a nightmare against Bayern, especially when Bayern are gonna try to kill off this tie in the first leg at home where theyve been unstoppable, so if anything, Madrid should think about counterattacking.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:02 pm

You give me faith Juventus101.

I want to believe!
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:04 pm

juventus101 wrote:Yea, Dortmunds defense is usually top notch, but yesterday theysteppedit up even more, in what was one of the best defensive displays ive seen in a long time, and yet still, Bayern blew quite a few chances. And Real cant press like that.

Individually, Bayerns defense, besidesLahm, are not big names, but as a unit theyre 2nd best in thr world, only behind Juve. So yes, I think they can handle Madrids attack, but as you said, Madrids risky backline with have a nightmare against Bayern, especially when Bayern are gonna try to kill off this tie in the first leg at home where theyve been unstoppable, so if anything, Madrid should think about counterattacking.

Sorry can't agree with that.

As for the rest it'll be interesting to see. I don't think it's as clear cut as you are making it out to be.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Real can press exactly as how Dortmund did, I've seen it with my own eyes. Come on, let's not be silly now...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:21 pm

You guys are seriously underrating dortmund here. Madrid has those big name players but hsve conceded quite a bit more goals with their sometimes sloppy defending than Dortmund. Dortmund yesterday pressed better than Real is capable of. On a regular basis Real and Dortmund pressing wise would be around the samelevel, but yesterday Dortmund stepped it up a notch and put in a masterclass defensively. I dont believeReal can, or will even try, to press bayern that hard. As someone else said, these two are gonna come out guns blazing, and I believe Bayern are superior and will win.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Another misconception. Real Madrid can and have pressed as well as Dortmund did yesterday. I certainly don't underrate Dortmund but I think it is you who are underestimating how capable Real Madrid can be.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Real Madrid start to get sloppy when they are 3 goals ahead, which happens quite a lot, then they take 1 and answer with 2 more.

We have shown master class pressing vs barca, i dont exactly get why you are doubting we can do the same, unless you never watch the clasicos.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:32 pm

The problem with our pressing, is space opens up when we press because each and every player don't press evenly.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:35 pm

So you don't think Madrid can turn it up a notch then?

The fact of the matter is that Madrid can press high, very high and have done so on various occasions. Can Bayern's midfield/CB's handle being pressed and hassled? Because that is what it is going to come down to. Madrid are very solid down the middle, they have a strong "spine". I don't think Bayern have that, their strengths are all out wide aside from Neuer. It means Ramos and Pepe will be able to help out in dealing with Ribery and Robben, like Hummels did yesterday.

Of course Schweinsteiger and Gomez on his day may have something to say about that but Bastian has been struggling with injuries and Gomez relies a lot of Robbery for a large portion of his goals.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next