lenear1030
REWB
Lex
halamadrid2
Dnmac4
38 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

I apologize to Wenger If I killed him for insulting the pitch in Milan - Page 3 Empty Re: I apologize to Wenger If I killed him for insulting the pitch in Milan

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 pm

I don't really think I buy the arguments like "if they don't want to fix it, why should they?" and "well everyone has to play on it so it's fine" ..

really? other teams should really start getting creative then. Marseille should've covered their home ground in stones and pebbles, then trained on it for weeks so they could've beaten Bayern today

Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

I apologize to Wenger If I killed him for insulting the pitch in Milan - Page 3 Empty Re: I apologize to Wenger If I killed him for insulting the pitch in Milan

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:45 pm

I'm very disappointed some of the people here haven't named 2 points.

1: The Italian winter had completely ravaged Milan's pitch with snow up to nearly your neck. No other top league had such a bad weather.

2. Milan and Inter BOTH use the same pitch which means at least one team uses it within the week sometimes twice, sometimes even thrice given the fixtures. You need SERIOUS groundskeeping work to maintain that.

Doesn't sound so easy now does it?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:54 pm

So you (apparently) flame Wenger for using the pitch as an excuse and then you go on yourself to use it as an excuse? Your weak ass apology means jack ish.

I wanna see your original posts so I can have a bit of a chuckle.

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:I don't really think I buy the arguments like "if they don't want to fix it, why should they?" and "well everyone has to play on it so it's fine" ..

really? other teams should really start getting creative then. Marseille should've covered their home ground in stones and pebbles, then trained on it for weeks so they could've beaten Bayern today

milans field is well within the legal standard.

its not ideal but its enough, and considering 2 teams use this field all year long im surprised it wasnt worse.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:03 pm

This is such a fail. The pitch was fine.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:13 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Bénin wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:lol nothing wrong with the pitch

even their players are slipping ffs

Everyone ( some ) was slipping so OBVIOUSLY the pitch could have been better

seen millions of other games were players slip, Spurs-Bolton game anyone

thats a pathetic excuse

LOL, even milan's fan recognize the pitch is not ideal mainly due to the fact both INTER and MILAN are using it plus the winter ( those arguments are from milan's fans themselves)
Oh i just notice you are RM fan , as it was barca playing , i understand the " thats a pathetic excuse"
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:15 pm

even if the pitch is not ideal this is no excuse whatsoever. the players are professional and should prepare for this sort of thing
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:23 pm

I remember Liechensteins pitch....that was a bad pitch.....this one was
just moderately below average and Arq's explanation seems pretty realistic to me.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:40 pm

barca fans starting to make excuses for their next tuesday's elimination :facepalm:
Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:51 pm

Am I missing something? I thought the pitch looked in good condition. scratch
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:58 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I'm very disappointed some of the people here haven't named 2 points.

1: The Italian winter had completely ravaged Milan's pitch with snow up to nearly your neck. No other top league had such a bad weather.

2. Milan and Inter BOTH use the same pitch which means at least one team uses it within the week sometimes twice, sometimes even thrice given the fixtures. You need SERIOUS groundskeeping work to maintain that.

I agree with you on principal, but not details, as far as I can remember there was NEVER a case where two games where played in one week, I remember this clearly because there were cases where games were postponed cause either milan or inter played mid week on the pitch, but unlike most stadiums there is one game almost every week through out the season in San Siro.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:04 am

baresi wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:I'm very disappointed some of the people here haven't named 2 points.

I agree with you on principal, but not details, as far as I can remember there was NEVER a case where two games where played in one week, I remember this clearly because there were cases where games were postponed cause either milan or inter played mid week on the pitch, but unlike most stadiums there is one game almost every week through out the season in San Siro.

There have been as between the matches of the Copa Italia fixtures earlier in the year along with the reverse fixtures in the turn of the year where I remember Milan consecutively playing in the San Siro twice in one week along with Inter having a Copa Italia fixture early in the next.

But I'm sure this has happened even more as I complained about this on the forum months ago.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:08 am

Arquitecto wrote:
baresi wrote:

There have been as between the matches of the Copa Italia fixtures earlier in the year along with the reverse fixtures in the turn of the year where I remember Milan consecutively playing in the San Siro twice in one week along with Inter having a Copa Italia fixture early in the next.

But I'm sure this has happened even more as I complained about this on the forum months ago.

I seriously can't remember those incidents would be nice if you specify them or some of them, again as I said as far as I remember I haven't seen this case.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:16 am

baresi wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
baresi wrote:

I seriously can't remember those incidents would be nice if you specify them or some of them, again as I said as far as I remember I haven't seen this case.

Once instance is IIRC is when Juve played Inter in the San Siro we played Catania in the same week.

Another was when we played Novara at the San Siro, inter played Genoa the next day on the same pitch.

I'm sure they're are more yet, the main point is other fixtures are also played within a different week but in close proximity also given with the spell of midweek fixtures.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:36 am

Seppuku wrote:So you (apparently) flame Wenger for using the pitch as an excuse and then you go on yourself to use it as an excuse? Your weak ass apology means jack ish.

OK, for people who are dumb like you I will state the same thing for the third different time in this thread.

1) Pep did not put out an attacking lineup and from his actions a 0-0 score is fine with him. I agree with this and to hold the Italian champions to 0 goals at there place is a good result.

Again dumb people like you come on here and think if Barca doesn't win every game in a canter then people are making excuses for them and they played bad. You do understand with your minimal brain capacity that there is another team trying to win the game too don't you?

In a two legged tie as the underdog it is very important to score at home and take an advantage on the road, that did not happen and Barca did what they needed to do.

2) Under Pep in must win games at Camp Nou Barca are pretty much unbeatable which you should know very well by now seeing who you cheer for. If you told me after the first leg at San Siro all Barca has to do is win a home game vs Milan I would be more then satisfied at the result which I am and therefor would not need to make excuses. I know this is hard for someone of your brain power to comprehend so keep up with me here.

3) I posted this at halftime with Barca having the better of Milan at that point in the game. How in the world would I know what the outcome of the game is? And again, if I didn't know the outcome why would I need to make excuses? In fact I wrote that right on the OP but again I know you are slow when it comes to reading comprehension so I can understand why I have to explain this a third time.

4) Milan fans have admitted that the pitch was bad and given us reasons why, some I agree with and some I'm not so sure about. So my observation was correct and seeing as this is a football forum where we talk about football games the reason I made the post is pretty obvious.

5) Like I said before I don't even know if I posted anything about Wenger making comments about the pitch but I sure did feel like it was sour grapes so I said I was sorry if I did say anything because I didn't watch the whole Arsenal game and if I did comment on it then it would have been an uninformed comment.

You are allowed to change your mind from time to time but again I understand if you can't grasp this concept.

6) I could care less what you think about my saying sorry to Arsenal fans as you clearly don't have the brain power to even understand what's going on. I usually don't take children or people who display how dumb they are seriously.

So like I said in the OP, I didn't make an excuse it was an observation. I also said I didn't think Milan players should be playing on that pitch either so it was towards both teams. I even said on a field with good footing that Ibra would have rounded the keeper and scored and maybe the outcome would have been different, I'm sure that sounds like an excuse to you though.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:42 am

I thought the pitch was pretty bad, Xavi said so and I believe him. :vagi:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:55 am

Both Milan teams have tried to buy San Siro before, but the owners make more money on the long run renting it.

Both teams have ZERO control over the quality of the pitch, and in fact, Milan have been playing better Away specifically because of this reason.

That being said, UEFA okay-ed the pitch; hence no one should complain about it. It is a fair point, but a moot one given that the pitch was perfectly legal.

If Barca or their suspect that Milan ruined the pitch on purpose, they should put their money where their mouth is and open an investigation.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:26 am

dnmac4 wrote:
Seppuku wrote:So you (apparently) flame Wenger for using the pitch as an excuse and then you go on yourself to use it as an excuse? Your weak ass apology means jack ish.

OK, for people who are dumb like you I will state the same thing for the third different time in this thread.

1) Pep did not put out an attacking lineup and from his actions a 0-0 score is fine with him. I agree with this and to hold the Italian champions to 0 goals at there place is a good result.

Again dumb people like you come on here and think if Barca doesn't win every game in a canter then people are making excuses for them and they played bad. You do understand with your minimal brain capacity that there is another team trying to win the game too don't you?

In a two legged tie as the underdog it is very important to score at home and take an advantage on the road, that did not happen and Barca did what they needed to do.

2) Under Pep in must win games at Camp Nou Barca are pretty much unbeatable which you should know very well by now seeing who you cheer for. If you told me after the first leg at San Siro all Barca has to do is win a home game vs Milan I would be more then satisfied at the result which I am and therefor would not need to make excuses. I know this is hard for someone of your brain power to comprehend so keep up with me here.

3) I posted this at halftime with Barca having the better of Milan at that point in the game. How in the world would I know what the outcome of the game is? And again, if I didn't know the outcome why would I need to make excuses? In fact I wrote that right on the OP but again I know you are slow when it comes to reading comprehension so I can understand why I have to explain this a third time.

4) Milan fans have admitted that the pitch was bad and given us reasons why, some I agree with and some I'm not so sure about. So my observation was correct and seeing as this is a football forum where we talk about football games the reason I made the post is pretty obvious.

5) Like I said before I don't even know if I posted anything about Wenger making comments about the pitch but I sure did feel like it was sour grapes so I said I was sorry if I did say anything because I didn't watch the whole Arsenal game and if I did comment on it then it would have been an uninformed comment.

You are allowed to change your mind from time to time but again I understand if you can't grasp this concept.

6) I could care less what you think about my saying sorry to Arsenal fans as you clearly don't have the brain power to even understand what's going on. I usually don't take children or people who display how dumb they are seriously.

So like I said in the OP, I didn't make an excuse it was an observation. I also said I didn't think Milan players should be playing on that pitch either so it was towards both teams. I even said on a field with good footing that Ibra would have rounded the keeper and scored and maybe the outcome would have been different, I'm sure that sounds like an excuse to you though.

explain to me thought why you have such a problem with the pitch.. milan can put little garden gnomes and you still shouldnt have a problem.. your players are professional and are supposed to adapt to these conditions.. next you l be calling for cska moscow to change their plastic pitch because it prevents your best player to score from a freekick without slipping like an idiot
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:17 am

Whole point of playing at home is to have an advantage, Milan probably don't want to play against Barcelona on a slick surface which has been watered before the match to give the ball more speed.

I'm sure they won't complain.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:02 am

Arquitecto wrote:
baresi wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
baresi wrote:

Once instance is IIRC is when Juve played Inter in the San Siro we played Catania in the same week.

Another was when we played Novara at the San Siro, inter played Genoa the next day on the same pitch.

I'm sure they're are more yet, the main point is other fixtures are also played within a different week but in close proximity also given with the spell of midweek fixtures.

a big :facepalm: at myself, I forgot we played Roma on Sat, before playing Barca on the same pitch, sorry my mind has been hugely occupied lately.

Big thanks for dosto for that one :lol!: :coffee:
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:00 am

I think that the reason why most barca player are a little angry about the pitch is tbecause milan torll'd barca, before the game they had a meeting in which Milan and Barca made an agreement that milan would water the pitch but in the end they didn't..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:15 am

We knew the pitch was going to be like this before. It was against Arsenal. I don't see why we should even care, I've always thought that the pitch is the same to both teams.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:31 am

The pitch was pretty poor, its a fair point. People tend to underestimate how difficult a poor pitch can make it to play a quick, passing game, particularly if a team is not used to it. Obviously people care more when its their own team though

As for the previous post, unless both teams are using the same game plan it will benefit one team more than the other, usually the team that doesnt want the game to flow, which in this case was milan

the worst thing really is the increased risk of injury (see per mertesacker vs sunderland as a recent example)

can you imagine if messi got his studs caught in the turf and did his ankle? then there really would be a lot of complaining
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:50 am

Heads who absolutely roll if Messi's ankle was pwned thanks to the pitch
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:55 am

deal with
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:The pitch was pretty poor, its a fair point. People tend to underestimate how difficult a poor pitch can make it to play a quick, passing game, particularly if a team is not used to it. Obviously people care more when its their own team though

As for the previous post, unless both teams are using the same game plan it will benefit one team more than the other, usually the team that doesnt want the game to flow, which in this case was milan

the worst thing really is the increased risk of injury (see per mertesacker vs sunderland as a recent example)

can you imagine if messi got his studs caught in the turf and did his ankle? then there really would be a lot of complaining

yes it was poor, but the away team has to play in it .. everyone cant have a pitch attuned to the highest standards.. if milan players can play so can the barca players.. threat of injury is equal on both sides
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Lord Hades wrote:everyone cant have a pitch attuned to the highest standards..
I could accept that if it was Shrewsbury Town or Oldham Athletic, but we're talking about the San Siro. You're trying to tell me a pitch used by two of the worlds most famous and rich clubs can't keep its pitch to a suitable standard? Especially for a CL game?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next