lenear1030
REWB
Lex
halamadrid2
Dnmac4
38 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

I apologize to Wenger If I killed him for insulting the pitch in Milan - Page 2 Empty Re: I apologize to Wenger If I killed him for insulting the pitch in Milan

Post by Cookie Monster Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:52 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Cookie Monster wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:I'm not sure if I killed Wenger or not for complaining about the pitch in Milan but it's something I would say so I will just assume I did.

I apologize ten times over. As you can see I'm putting this thread up at halftime so I'm not making excuses or anything as the game is tied.

I am just commenting on how unprofessional this pitch is and for a great team like Milan it's shocking. The players can barely stand up or pass the ball on the ground, they should be ashamed of themselves for this and IMO they should not allow professionals of any kind to step foot on this pitch especially in a CL game of this magnitude.

This is shocking.

Lol pathetic excuse

Again if you read the thread I posted at halftime so it's not an excuse just a comment on the total bush league pitch.

Do you disagree? I don't really get your post. Do you think the pitch is acceptable or good?

And why would I need to make excuses, we went to San Siro and held you to 0 goals, you guys are supposed to score at home we will take a tie all day long.

Certainly the pitch wasn't of the best quality. However, how many times have you watched Milan home games? The pitch generally isn't in this type of condition. It's anyone's guess why it was such shitty quality today. It must also be said that the San Siro is not owned by Milan, and they don't have much to do with the state of it. Galliani has spoken about renovating it in the near future so hopefully it will be in better condition soon.

Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

I apologize to Wenger If I killed him for insulting the pitch in Milan - Page 2 Empty Re: I apologize to Wenger If I killed him for insulting the pitch in Milan

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:53 pm

dnmac4 wrote:I don't understand why Milan would let there own players play in this pitch. It's no wonder they have so many injuries.

Again, I'm not complaining as they were affected by it too, but there should be minimum standards for games of this magnitude.

If this were some small club with negligible resources I wouldn't even say one word, but this is AC Milan FFS, you expect better with the type of great club Milan are. There standards shouldn't be this low.

dont know how many times i have said this... but stadium is not owned by us hence not our fault. its upto UEFA to deem pitch ok for CL games or ask the stadium owners to change it, and actually UEFA should have been doing just that with ground and pitch inspection.

our players have had simply no luxury of playing in good pitch all seasons long... :coffee: and even we had our players slipping all the time...

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:53 pm

I say 70% AC defense 30% Pitch.

I got give credit to the AC old guy's they were giving it 110%.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:55 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:nah i think 0-0 for them was the perfect reslut

your known to be vulnerable at the start of every game, i think Allegri will find a way to exploit that(where close today) and then park the titanic and get a 1-0 win or a 1-1 draw...

pressure is really on you tbh

Yes your right. Barca are very vulnerable at Camp Nou in must win games in the Champions league under Pep Guardiola. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:55 pm

Wenger almost got crucified for complaining, Milan are used to the pitch and dont care, they know other teams will not be able to play their game.

The pitch played its part but the truth is we were shit that day and if we play on that pitch again, I am sure the result would be different. I did not watch the full match today but I thought the pitch improved from the Arsenal game.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:57 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Yes your right. Barca are very vulnerable at Camp Nou in must win games in the Champions league under Pep Guardiola. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

not saying Camp Nou or any other pitch....... but AT THE START of every game you do start very slow and allow the opposition team to have a really dangerous chances and more often than not you do get penalised for that

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:00 pm

The excuse of the stadium is not owned by Milan is getting boring, Milan is one of the biggest clubs in the world they have the money and they should demand the best pitch.

This only would make sense if Milan was playing for free on this pitch.

Robinho miss. :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:00 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

not saying Camp Nou or any other pitch....... but AT THE START of every game you do start very slow and allow the opposition team to have a really dangerous chances and more often than not you do get penalised for that

What in the world are you talking about it's happened a couple times MAX. Take a look at our games and see how many times we have allowed an opponent to score in the first 10 minutes especially in big games. It is no different then any other team, in fact I would say we score more in the first ten minutes then we give up more then any other team.

Your just thinking of pato and Benz's goals in 2 games out of hundreds.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:03 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
What in the world are you talking about it's happened a couple times MAX. Take a look at our games and see how many times we have allowed an opponent to score in the first 10 minutes especially in big games. It is no different then any other team, in fact I would say we score more in the first ten minutes then we give up more then any other team.

Your just thinking of pato and Benz's goals in 2 games out of hundreds.

not only them but it happens alot in the leagues as well in the games that i have watched

i remember Higuain as well.... but that's a story of another day

all i am saying is that you start out slow and then pick up your groove from my observations nothing more nothing less

but if you want to believe otherwise feel free

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:The excuse of the stadium is not owned by Milan is getting boring, Milan is one of the biggest clubs in the world they have the money and they should demand the best pitch.

What about them sharing their pitch, meaning there is 50-60 games a season on it instead of 25-30..? Ive seen many stadiums with a single team playing on the pitch all season being in worse condition than this pitch.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBĂ©ninois Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:03 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:lol nothing wrong with the pitch

even their players are slipping ffs

Everyone ( some ) was slipping so OBVIOUSLY the pitch could have been better
LeBĂ©ninois
LeBĂ©ninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:04 pm

BĂ©nin wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:lol nothing wrong with the pitch

even their players are slipping ffs

Everyone ( some ) was slipping so OBVIOUSLY the pitch could have been better

seen millions of other games were players slip, Spurs-Bolton game anyone

thats a pathetic excuse
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Lol u random people havent seen how many times our players have slipped on this pitch, its nothing you can calculate. It sux for all.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:The excuse of the stadium is not owned by Milan is getting boring, Milan is one of the biggest clubs in the world they have the money and they should demand the best pitch.

^This, also lots of other teams share a field and you don't see stuff like this. Don't Lazio and Roma share a pitch, I never seen anything close to this.

And again, Milan should want a good pitch just as much as there opponent. IMO Ibra rounds the last defender and scores today on a good pitch.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:06 pm

club have always pushed for milan municipality to renovate, and they barely do it. i think the last major renovation was like in 90s..

and also milan inter and other big clubs pushed for stadium but they need permission and support from FIGC which they dont have...., san siro has been our home for ages and even if milan wants to buy outright, the owners wont sell it for their own cause.

our club has done what it could be done to get improved environment, its upto owners and italian FA to support this cause. just one club cant do it.

its pretty unfortunate for milan and fans as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:08 pm

paperbackwriter wrote:

What about them sharing their pitch, meaning there is 50-60 games a season on it instead of 25-30..? Ive seen many stadiums with a single team playing on the pitch all season being in worse condition than this pitch.

Is the pitch every year like this? I am just asking I dont really know.

Imo Milan know the pitch works in their favor, against Arsenal our wingers were completely out of the game.

I am sure if they want to keep the pitch in good condition they can.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:10 pm

whats wrong in changing their pitch to suit their needs even if they do it ?

please stop with the morality excuses..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:11 pm

didnt Barca accuse Valencia(??) of under watering their field????

and now they complain about it being too slippery(i.e. over watered)

is there some sort of gallon measure that Barca have given all teams in case they have to play in their stadiums???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:14 pm

I mean they don't need to renovate a whole stadium they just need to hire a groundskeeper from Rome apparently.

People going overboard saying they need to do all this stuff to the stadium etc is not even needed.

Just fix the pitch, it's pretty simple. There are no excuses. Other teams share stadiums and have the same issues but manage to fix them. Milan shouldn't want there own players stepping foot on that pitch.

I mean if it happens once in a while then I understand but not for the two most important games of the season in the stadium back to back.

And another thing, I'm not a huge Serie A fan but I do watch Milan as I'm an Ibra fan and I have never felt the need to go online and be outraged at there field, even when we were there earlier this season and when I watch there serie a home games I have never noticed it this bad FWIW
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:17 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:didnt Barca accuse Valencia(??) of under watering their field????

and now they complain about it being too slippery(i.e. over watered)

is there some sort of gallon measure that Barca have given all teams in case they have to play in their stadiums???

LOL at a Madrid fan commenting on Barca complaining after a game if thats not the height of hypocrisy I don't know what is.

OH and BTW, to my knowledge Barca has not complained about anything yet, I Think they should and probably will but I have not heard anything to that affect yet.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:19 pm

Apparently, the situation is not that simple. Not enough light comes through to the pitch, and the soil rots or something. From what I have heard, it will become this way even though we change it all the time. Some dutch team had the same problem some years ago.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:20 pm

dnmac4 wrote:I mean they don't need to renovate a whole stadium they just need to hire a groundskeeper from Rome apparently.

People going overboard saying they need to do all this stuff to the stadium etc is not even needed.

Just fix the pitch, it's pretty simple. There are no excuses. Other teams share stadiums and have the same issues but manage to fix them. Milan shouldn't want there own players stepping foot on that pitch.

I mean if it happens once in a while then I understand but not for the two most important games of the season in the stadium back to back.

And another thing, I'm not a huge Serie A fan but I do watch Milan as I'm an Ibra fan and I have never felt the need to go online and be outraged at there field, even when we were there earlier this season and when I watch there serie a home games I have never noticed it this bad FWIW

and why should they fix the pitch if they dont want to?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:20 pm

I think Milan saw Arsenal struggle on that pitch and they thought it would be best to keep it for the Barcelona game lol. :vagi:
eco smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:21 pm

dnmac4 wrote:

LOL at a Madrid fan commenting on Barca complaining after a game if thats not the height of hypocrisy I don't know what is.

OH and BTW, to my knowledge Barca has not complained about anything yet, I Think they should and probably will but I have not heard anything to that affect yet.

we have played in horrid pitches(espanyols stadium is one of the many), yet we have never complained about them

cant say the same about a certain other team

a completely biased referee is another matter.... every heard your own players talk about them??? i think so... not really a field up for discussion lol
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:24 pm

I apologize to Wenger If I killed him for insulting the pitch in Milan - Page 2 2012_san_siro_pitch

the middle looks fine!

Laughing
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 pm

I don't really think I buy the arguments like "if they don't want to fix it, why should they?" and "well everyone has to play on it so it's fine" ..

really? other teams should really start getting creative then. Marseille should've covered their home ground in stones and pebbles, then trained on it for weeks so they could've beaten Bayern today
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next