lenear1030
REWB
Lex
halamadrid2
Dnmac4
38 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

I apologize to Wenger If I killed him for insulting the pitch in Milan - Page 4 Empty Re: I apologize to Wenger If I killed him for insulting the pitch in Milan

Post by Lex Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Lord Hades wrote:everyone cant have a pitch attuned to the highest standards..
I could accept that if it was Shrewsbury Town or Oldham Athletic, but we're talking about the San Siro. You're trying to tell me a pitch used by two of the worlds most famous and rich clubs can't keep its pitch to a suitable standard? Especially for a CL game?

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

I apologize to Wenger If I killed him for insulting the pitch in Milan - Page 4 Empty Re: I apologize to Wenger If I killed him for insulting the pitch in Milan

Post by Lex Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:01 pm

When was the last time you saw Old Trafford in such a crap state? Or the Emirates? Or Stamford Bridge? Even the Reebok usually has a beautiful pitch.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:02 pm

:facepalm: at people who thinks pitch favoured milan. its lame to think that way, and it would be lame when people starts complaining if milan goes to semi final because of the pitch condition favoured them.

its arrogant to think that it only served milan well because of the pitch condition and not the opponent. that means they havent paid attention that even milan players were slipping everywhere and actually it was barca players who had great chances to exploit those chances. emauelson and ambrosini also suffered a lot slipping and that gave barca to counterattack so badly that they could have scored.

just get over it....

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Lex wrote:
I could accept that if it was Shrewsbury Town or Oldham Athletic, but we're talking about the San Siro. You're trying to tell me a pitch used by two of the worlds most famous and rich clubs can't keep its pitch to a suitable standard? Especially for a CL game?

i think milan fans can explain it better but i think it has to do with san siro hosting double the games and also milan not being in control of it
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Lex wrote:

how many times people have to be explained that san siro is not owned by milan or inter....

why the f... k milan have to get blames for that??? thats retarded.

its UEFA to inspect the situation. if they think its good enough then its good enough....

if we were to own that stadium now and we were accused of bad pitch... then yeah the blame is justified...

Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:31 pm

When Wenger complains all try to kill him for that, when Guardiola complains:

UEFA will ask an explanation from Milan on the state of yesterday's pitch. They didn't comply with the agreement on watering it. [sport fcb]

Rolling Eyes
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:57 pm

I suppose an official investigation is being triggered following a club management’s request and not only a coach statement.
Anyway Barca should stop crying over spilt milk and focus on the return leg game
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:30 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:When Wenger complains all try to kill him for that, when Guardiola complains:

UEFA will ask an explanation from Milan on the state of yesterday's pitch. They didn't comply with the agreement on watering it. [sport fcb]

Rolling Eyes

world class whiner
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:46 pm

Lex wrote:When was the last time you saw Old Trafford in such a crap state? Or the Emirates? Or Stamford Bridge? Even the Reebok usually has a beautiful pitch.

I see you still are complaining about this. Let me explain for what has been the umpteenth time.

Milan does not own their stadium as nor does Inter. They aren't fully licensed to augment their pitch and make such drastic changes.

Another of my quote:

1: The Italian winter had completely ravaged Milan's pitch with snow up to nearly your neck. No other top league had such a bad weather.

2. Milan and Inter BOTH use the same pitch which means at least one team uses it within the week sometimes twice, sometimes even thrice given the fixtures. You need SERIOUS groundskeeping work to maintain that.

Doesn't sound so easy now does it?

Also, the new roof input for the San Siro has blocked out sunlight which essentially rots the soil and causes this problem.

Fortunately, Gallaini has pushed for a new pitch with synthetic undersoil and natural grass on top.

Also, TWO teams played on the pitch and not Barca, both teams were effected by it so it doesn't qualify Barca to call for such injustice.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:51 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Lex wrote:When was the last time you saw Old Trafford in such a crap state? Or the Emirates? Or Stamford Bridge? Even the Reebok usually has a beautiful pitch.

I see you still are complaining about this. Let me explain for what has been the umpteenth time.

Milan does not own their stadium as nor does Inter. They aren't fully licensed to augment their pitch and make such drastic changes.

Another of my quote:

1: The Italian winter had completely ravaged Milan's pitch with snow up to nearly your neck. No other top league had such a bad weather.

2. Milan and Inter BOTH use the same pitch which means at least one team uses it within the week sometimes twice, sometimes even thrice given the fixtures. You need SERIOUS groundskeeping work to maintain that.

Doesn't sound so easy now does it?

Also, the new roof input for the San Siro has blocked out sunlight which essentially rots the soil and causes this problem.

Fortunately, Gallaini has pushed for a new pitch with synthetic undersoil and natural grass on top.

Also, TWO teams played on the pitch and not Barca, both teams were effected by it so it doesn't qualify Barca to call for such injustice.

spot on arq and well said. thats pretty good explanation thanks to u if people who complains dont get it then its their problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:01 pm

I apologize to Wenger If I killed him for insulting the pitch in Milan - Page 4 176033
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Those complaining about the pitch are just pathetic, last time it was the volcano for Barca not the pitch, this time no volcano so it had to be the pitch. :facepalm:
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:10 pm

same for Mr.Wenger, when he had quality players he eliminated Milan and Inter on the same San Siro, now its the pitch, how about he signs a quality pitch this summer.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Are you honestly going to compare the San Siro pitch in 2008 against the one we played on this year?? :facepalm:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:56 pm

Lex wrote:Are you honestly going to compare the San Siro pitch in 2008 against the one we played on this year?? :facepalm:

The Italian winter in 2008 was very mild, this year it snowed and shit.

It's not easy to just "restore" a pitch that's worn down by bad weather and a lot of wear and tear (from having double the games any other pitch have).

Even the Bernabeu was in very bad condition in 2009, thus why we recruited Paul Burgess from Arsenal who in the summer removed and installed a new pitch. Which in return was needed to be changed in 2010.

People are talking like Milan did this on purpose, bad weather combined with the added stress of having 50-60 games a year instead of 25-30 on the pitch is a very legit explanation to why it's not on the same level as other top teams.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4