RedOranje
McAgger
poolsupporter
22 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Raheem Sterling - Page 4 Empty Re: Raheem Sterling

Post by Curtinho Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:29 pm

Red Alert wrote:You were calling Fischer better (who's had an inconsistent year) a couple months ago. Wink

I never said that Fischer was better. Razz I said Sterling was the only young talent on a comparable level to Fischer (who I rate very highly) that we had (and that Fischer might even be better). That said Sterling has, since then, really upped his game and taken a step forward. I would still love to have Fischer, but Sterling has been top notch. To be fair Fischer has struggled with injury as well which has stunted his development a bit.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:41 am

Sterling upped his game long before you said that. Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:01 am

He is unbelievable.

He can be the best in the world guys...this guy is 19 ffs. He's been putting MOTM performances in big games...and if you remember he was our best player at SB in that loss too.

The best u-19 player on earth atm.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:35 am

It's incredible, I can't believe how good he's gotten. Since Norwich game (matchday 14) he's been delivering almost weekly MOTM performances. Full credit to Rodgers, his staff, and to Raheem.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:30 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Calma Cujo, if Sterling can beat at least 2 or may be 1 player minimum and even shoot properly (not even score goal), i may think to consider him to put him into some tier. As of now he is nowhere near  the names you mentioned. But after the next season, he might start taking those chances hmm
hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:50 am

my boy LIL RAHEEM got this shit on lock
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:57 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Calma Cujo, if Sterling can beat at least 2 or may be 1 player minimum and even shoot properly (not even score goal), i may think to consider him to put him into some tier. As of now he is nowhere near  the names you mentioned. But after the next season, he might start taking those chances hmm
hmm

:coffee: 
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:46 am

Red Alert wrote:All Sterling really needs is confidence and he'll get that with first team experience.

hmm 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:55 am

Just a quick question that is anyone worried about all the praise Raheem is getting? First it was during the club season, then it was during the pre-WC preparations and now every English pundit has been signing his praise after the Italy game and largely named man of the match in that game.

He's only 19, so I really hope it doesn't get in his head so much that he gets cocky and starts making demands at Liverpool (salary / game time / playing position wise) that are not really justified.

The second thing is that if clubs like City or Chelsea get his ear and start whispering sweet big figures and other promises, could we be in danger of losing him? Not this summer, I don't think so, but next year, I don't know, that's something we've got to keep an eye on.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:59 am

Art Morte wrote:Just a quick question that is anyone worried about all the praise Raheem is getting? First it was during the club season, then it was during the pre-WC preparations and now every English pundit has been signing his praise after the Italy game and largely named man of the match in that game.

He's only 19, so I really hope it doesn't get in his head so much that he gets cocky and starts making demands at Liverpool (salary / game time / playing position wise) that are not really justified.

The second thing is that if clubs like City or Chelsea get his ear and start whispering sweet big figures and other promises, could we be in danger of losing him? Not this summer, I don't think so, but next year, I don't know, that's something we've got to keep an eye on.

If he chooses to be stupid, no one can actually help, can they!!! I think he deserves the praise and should be hungrier to do better things. But one thing I do agree is that the physical and the mental rigor of the domestic season and WC might lead to a period of dullness.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:35 am

I think till now, Gerrard and BR has managed him really well. I mean, form many interviews you can see that he has been greatly influenced by them. It will be difficult to speculate how his mind may chnage in the future. But Sturridge will also tell his own example to him, if any such offer/interest comes from City and Chelsea. Everyone knows why Sturridge moved to Liverpool and how he is worshipped by the fans now. Mostly, imo, he will move to La liga or somewhere else if goes on to become some a star for us in next 3-4 years.

Edit: may

Last edited by HEIL MEIN REDS on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:19 pm

No, No, No, No, he owes the club a lot, his development in the past year was all due to Rodgers and the work the staff have done, they've taught him how to do play football and not just run.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:19 pm

I remember predicting that he'll leave us like Owen abroad at around 24-25. God, I hope I'm wrong. He's a great guy, nothing like that *bleep* Owen. And he does owe the club a lot.

If I had to predict now, I think he'll stay with us for the majority of his career.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:02 pm

mr-r34 wrote:No, No, No, No, he owes the club a lot, his development in the past year was all due to Rodgers and the work the staff have done, they've taught him how to do play football and not just run.

That means jack all, really. ManU and Ferguson made Ronaldo great, but there's no staying when your dream move comes knocking. If City or Chelsea (I don't think he'll fancy moving abroad for at least a few years) really want him, they will offer him wages we don't want to match and that's when everything's possible.

I think there's zero chance of him leaving this summer, but I just wanted to put this speculation up early, to keep an eye on any developments there may be in the coming years.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:31 am

I really doubt he has a dream move, any body know what club he supported as a youngster?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:36 am

mr-r34 wrote:I really doubt he has a dream move, any body know what club he supported as a youngster?

Dream move = bigger wages
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:20 am

mr-r34 wrote:I really doubt he has a dream move, any body know what club he supported as a youngster?

Tbh because he's English I don't think playing outside of PL is something that will appeal to him. And I can't see him moving to another PL club because he genuinely loves LFC now.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:51 am

McAgger wrote:And I can't see him moving to another PL club because he genuinely loves LFC now.
CAN'T rule it out in this day and age. He won't move out anytime soon, but if we endure an extended period of underachievement (unlikely), he might want to leave.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:27 am

Sterling has 9 goals and 5 assits in this season
Cr. Ronaldo had 8 goals and ... assists when he was 19 at ManUtd
Just saying that if Sterling has desire to be the best in the game and he goes on to become a WC player, we might lose him after few years because other clubs will come calling definitely

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:10 pm

lol

edit: atleast it's better than the "will you sell gerrard for 15m?" thread I guess
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:31 pm

Will art ever live that down hahahaha.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:57 pm

Superstar in the making. I seriously cannot believe how good he's gotten. Think he'll win the young player of the year award easily this year.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:02 pm

RS against ManCity, he will totally own that 7 shirt when he gets it...he has become so aware about everything...it seems like his game has suddenly gone on to a completely different level in just one season and 1 WC
Spoiler:

That offside goal (which was not actually), was such an awesome finish...aka Suarez, took the ball with the first touch to shoot Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:50 pm

It was offside they showed it on the replay.

That said, like I said in the other topic, I'm not sure that his upside isn't one of the very best players in the world.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:39 am

Sterling's second "goal" was definitely offside. The cuts in the grass are not in a pattern in line with the box. They were playing on a baseball field so the cuts were at an angle to the box, causing the illusion that Sterling was onside when he was actually a solid yard or more off.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:05 am

It's a friendly and we won, so why is this a big deal? lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor